Milestones -=| THE PSEIRA CHRONICLE |=- Ed.3 : The Hug Club Interviews

Trist3

Chiliarch
Dear Lady Hoplite and Gentleman Hoplites, It is I Trist3, your favorite (and only) reporter still right out of O55 getting you the best Greek news in our third edition of the = THE PSEIRA CHRONICLE =. This is gonna be a slightly different edition, where we do a series of interviews with as many leaders as we can around the topic of the latest Kleos/Nem Merge. It's very simple, I have contacted leaders from as many alliances as I could, and offered them a chance to answer a set of question. There is one caveat, the POP question. The POP question is written by the last interviewee for the next, for example interviewee 1 will write the POP question for Interviewee 2, and so on.

I hope you all enjoy this, and get ready for some drama ;). (Editor note, if any of you want to be interviewed, reach out to me in-game or on external)

Interview 1 - DarthyBoy
(oh yes we still can't do proper names)

1. In under 3 sentences, describe your journey on this server for people that don't know you?

Lykos getting rimmed kinda worked out for me because they moved towards where I spawned :p... Lykos became my home a week after I joined, and its been thrilling to play since. Domination is new to me so I learned a LOT from roy & seth and we got this far ey ;)

2. What is your teams general position with the new kleos? (ei: friendly, allied, ennemy...)

I assume the “new” is due to their merger with Nemesis. To be honest our relationship has not changed as we always saw that coming (peep my top ten). We are friendly with the cheese people and have sustained a NAP since I joined in June.

3. What was your first impression when seeing the merge?

As I said in the previous question, I expected it to happen. The two have been friendly since I got here except for the “entanglement” that happened with CM and all… Overall I don’t see that anything has changed and I always counted them as one group. I believe many other groups did as well based on other top tens on externals, many have Kleos/Nemesis listed together.

4. There have been claims that large MRAs or coalitions like this are as harmful to the game as BP feeding, what is your opinion on the statement?

I think it is a dividing debate, depending on which side you are on. Due to the nature of domination I believe BP boosting to be harmful. For an example, if CM hadn’t been stopped by the coalition and went on, they would have been ten million BP away from the number 2 alliance at the time. When the endgame had come, they would have been FAR ahead percentage wise for any alliance to compete. I believe everyone can agree to that point, and the unfairness in that.
On the other hand, the coalition… I may be biased but in all honesty I do not feel that it is harmful at all. It is a “loophole” that is justly destroying the advantage that others received via another “loophole”. The coalition was founded to make the game fair again and hopefully when the last CM player ghosts it will be.

5. Do you think the 30 chosen to win in kleos are deserving? and if not who is?

My origins are Arabic, and this question is what my people would say is "ml’3oom” or booby trapped haha. It is too early to say, as I see most of their players are still in their original alliances. I am acquainted with Merc and have chatted with him a couple times and he seems fair and honest. I believe he has a heavy burden on his shoulder to compose a final 30 out of the list of great players he has… As they say, there are bad problems to have in life, and good ones, his atm is a good one.

6. There is speculation that Kleos had created the coa for this reason and to take out check mate with little regards for BP feeding, do you think that is true?

Ahh, I hate this claim that many make on externals, the dam cheese people are taking OUR credit haha. Joking aside I am happy you asked so that I may clear it up. When Lykos was rimmed after our defeat in 54, those who moved to the rim and kept going did so for one purpose: good ‘ol REVENGE. Our famous diplomat, roy had been in contact with many alliances within CM range and were unable to fight them off. Those alliances were under fire by 3 of the big four, CM, NEM, and Kleos as they were “easy takes”. As a result we formed a coalition to fight off the big 3 in order to stay alive at that point. Often we in Lykos defended those under fire against Kleos, and Merc would get in contact threatening to dissolve the NAP as a result of us slowing their expansion. As time went by, rim alliances are just rim alliances, and could not sustain against the expertise of the big three and as a result alliance such as Elite Squad (semi rim) crumbled. Fast forward a couple weeks, CM boost their players. I have no idea how, but within a couple days, roy had spoken to Stooges, Kleos, & Nemesis who had all agreed to join the coalition. I recall Kleos had joined our shared chat and players hadn’t gotten the memo haha, so they would req support to defend against Kleos w/ all the defense counts visible to them XD. It was a long day as I was on watch deleting posts haha.

7. Do you think a coalition will form to battle this new giant similar to when Check Mate BP fed? or is it unlikely in your opinion?

I believe it is unlikely. I have been playing since ’13 and have seen merges happen often with no consequences as sister alliances have been normalized and 99% of players see them as fair play. On the other hand, I hope the BP boosting reaction has outlawed the act for future servers and it never becomes normalized. Make Grepo Great Again ;).

8. Pop question! Who is the best sniper on the server? (be as biased as you want)

Oh, I can say without a doubt, the best sniper I have attacked is MuayThaiWarrior. He has consistently sunk my ships with gaps often as low as 1 second. What was sent first arrives first, remember that boys ;)

9. Any closing thoughts or comments?

I would say, this is the most exciting server I have played this far, and as a result put in the time for it. It is ever changing as the geography and the politics change every hour… I have met many hopefully I recognize some of you in future worlds.

Thank you so much DarthyBoy! Up next (drum roll): Jimothy, fifth of his name.

Trist3

Chiliarch
Interview 2 - Jimofifth
(appreciate Jim for taking the time to give an outside-of-world perspective for us :D )​

1. In under 3 sentences, describe your journey on this server for people that don't know you?

I am taking 3 sentences here: REVOLT NOOB, I met Goodie Mob on the rim in 124, we got to chatting and he invites me to play revolt legit with him. Somehow I ended up dropping on an island where I recognized several names, including Trist (?!?!?!), a teammate from 116 and now an enemy in what was then Spiritum Sancti. I was having fun chillin and learning revolt stuff in CM but then when the boost vote happened, I could not support such an action and left the team (no hard feelings, loved the team, wish it went down different!)(edited)

2. What is your team's general position with kleos? (ei: friendly, allied, ennemy...)

When I played, Kleos was irrelevant to CM. And me specifically. They were too far, I don't mean to talk trash here, but they simply were not on my radar and I don't think anyone in CM at the time gave them much thought.....

3. What was your first impression when seeing the merge?

Having quit the world long ago, this made me laugh. As all news out of this crazy, spicy world has since I left. Truly, one of the great Dramas of our time. I have stayed fairly up to date and current on the state of politics on this world even though I left. I was in a unique position of being teammates (former and current on 127) with Trist, leader of Stooges, who are obviously a major player in the world. I also consider Goodie and Wally great teammates and grepo friends. I kept in touch with Goodie for his perspective, while occasionally chatting with Trist. This gave me quite a good view into the server and how the politics was going.
Not surprised at the merge, fairly surprised it hadn't happened sooner! As a fairly neutral (I have no stake in either the success or downfall of either Stooges or CM) outside observer, I thought that the Coalition would eventually become an MRA of course, but Trist surprised me and managed not to get too entangled. As the next team up on the list of contenders, it is only natural (in grepo terms anyways) that they merge into a super MRA and try and overthrow the remaining CM killers and Stoogey stooges. Not surprised, not disappointed, simply entertained that this wonderful SOAP OPERA of a world continues to deliver!!!! :D

4. There have been claims that large MRAs or coalitions like this are as harmful to the game as BP feeding, what is your opinion on the statement?

MRAs are only harmful to themselves. They lower the quality of the gameplay of the best members, impose massive deadweight, and make even the most aggressive players less ambitious. HOWEVER, now with these low ally caps, and at this late stage of the world, AND with the nature of revolt (Walls, Rim LTS, endless waves of attacks, etc.), this MRA can do serious damage. MRAs are part of the game through pacts. They cannot be faulted for existing. But they are inherently, lets call it game BREAKING, because they destroy the competitive spirit of the game. It ceases to become strategy and skill based in favor of brute force and insurmountable defense stacks and constant pressure. Pressure is a tactic that can be utilized by any team, but under an MRA pressure is not a surgical tool, but a chainsaw that will cause a big ol' mess.
In my opinion, without disparaging anyone else for their opinions, BP boosting is against the spirit of competitiveness of the game. I consider it cheating, but not on the same level as say, botting or spamming. I simply consider it distasteful and would not participate in it myself. I have simple reasoning and justification here. There is a 20% reduction of BP for killing allied troops. Dropping out of alliance for full BP only to rejoin is an exploit in my eyes. We all use this exploit, say when cleaning a city for reassignment. However, CS boosting with BP tokens takes this to another level, in my eyes. It is about intent as much as how much BP is gained. Dropping out of ally to clean an internal target for full BP is okay to me, because the player is leaving and it is not an ongoing affair, but rather a one off. The city must be cleared out. I am not going more in depth here, we all know both sides of this equation, and everyone is entitled to their own view.

5. Do you think the 30 chosen to win in kleos are deserving? and if not who is?

LOL deserving is an interesting question. It is FRANKly (lol) (our editor appreciates the joke) irrelevant who deserves to win. They deserve to win by satisfying the DOM requirement. Did they work as hard as other players? Did they go through the same hell that others did? Did they BP boost themselves to obtain the position? Everyone knows the answers to these questions. And yet, it looks like Kleos is the new favorite! The better question would be; Did the 30 members in Kleos EARN the DOM win, in relation to the other players on the server? The answer there is almost certainly; no they did not.

6. There is speculation that Kleos had created the coa for this reason and to take out check mate with little regards for BP feeding, do you think that is true?

YES 100% i believe this. There are few players in this game who have the conviction behind their opinions on BP boosting to act upon them, or to even say no given the choice and opportunity to win. One of the few would have to be Trist himself, because that was the reason he helped put the coalition together. However, from the beginning I knew people would simply use it as an excuse to gang up on the #1 team. ESPECIALLY because there was no way ANYONE was catching CM before the boost. And if the coalition hadn't formed, CM would have a runaway win. Kleos had engaged in some boosting prior to the CM CS boosting (as far as I am aware), therefor there is no way they joined in to punish CM for their actions. Lets call it a convenient opportunity for Kleos, which they rightfully jumped on. Simply put, "Right place, right time."

7. Do you think a coalition will form to battle this new giant similar to when Check Mate BP fed? or is it unlikely in your opinion?

I do not know enough about the current state of the world to answer this. But my opinion is, that since they have managed to put together most of the bigger pieces from the coalition (excluding stooges and the remnants of CM, of course), that it is unlikely that another Coalition forms. Such is the nature of an MRA, they recruit your would be allies before you can even approach them! The long war of attrition has probably damaged both Stooges and CM's will to fight such a large group, especially at such a late stage of the server. However, this world has not yet failed to disappoint!!! One can only hope for another dramatic, major power vs major power world war that will dazzle all of us spectators with its grittiness!!!! Truly, all players involved in the war have my respect (CM most of all for lasting so long!!!!) and I can only hope that these dedicated, degenerate Grepo-addicts continue to bang out in this heavyweight matchup for the ages!

8. POP Question! What's the funniest joke you know ;) ?

I will take that as what is the funniest grepo joke i know, and my answer will just be- @Big Papa.
(Editor Note - Oof a low blow, but we're hardly complaining at the studio ;) )

9. Any closing throughts or comments?

Yes. I know I have given lengthy answers (your fault for asking me Trist ), but this is a story that NEEDS telling! I have held my tongue on this topic as long as possible, but now I present; The Epic Tragedy of the Great Goodie Mob!

I first met Goodie Mob on the edge of the rim on EN124, the great quarantine Conquest server. I attacked him and he sent me a polite message saying he was a noob or some other BS. Usually, when someone messages me in game for attacks, it is quite rude and the like. However, Goodie is nothing if not polite, so I gave him some CQ pointers. Turns out, he knows the game well, at least from a revolt standpoint. And also, he is an expert troll. SMH.
Anyways, we stayed chatting through the server, and he invited me to drop on 126, which I eventually did. Fast forward a bit, I managed to convince Move I was not a secret Spiritum Sancti spy, even though I had the bad luck of somehow dropping on the same island with Trist (!!!???), a former teammate. I joined CM and with Goodie's help, I was learning revolt stuff (damn walls) and slowly growing. Then Goodie goes on vacation. Not just vacation, this fool goes off deep into the mountains and woods to do some crazy *** camping. During this time me and Wally became cool and he helped me out a bunch, shoutout Strong Walrus :D
While Poor Goodie is in the woods fighting bears and eating rabbits or whatever the hell he was doing, Move puts up the boosting thing for a vote. I was not big enough to even want to give my opinions on the boost, I just voted no and told Move that if the vote went through I could not continue with CM . I felt bad for ditching Goodie, seeing as I could not contact him about the issue, but I figured it was no big deal. Fast forward again, CM does the boost, Trist is pissed and hilariously vents to me both in our 127 team chat and in private discord messages. I get the idea that a Coalition is gonna form. Goodie innocently comes out of the woods a bit later. This dude literally had no internet most of the time, so he is expecting to just be chillin like CM was before, but this poor guy comes out to global coalition against his team LOL. He had nothing to do with the vote or boost, still got screwed. LOL