The Pures

DeletedUser

I haven't seen an alliance like this before, so I thought I would give it a try.

I've just copied it from my alliance profile, I hope no-one minds.

---

"Attack is the best form of Defence"

This alliance is for people who only build what is required to fight. We will therefore become the most feared alliance is the whole of Grepolis.

We take our philosphies from the Ancient Spartans, who trained their soldiers from birth to become the deadliest warriors in history.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

All members have a clan tag in their city name, so we can strike fear into the hearts of our enemies when they see that a Pure is marching towards their city.

These are the most exclusive requirements for any alliance in Grepolis, but in time it will prove to be the best strategy.

Spartans start training as a small child. Pures follow this by training from as soon as they join Grepolis - we focus resources on military buildings and troops. We then can move on to the rest of the other buildings.

Buildings not needed when you are first starting:

1.A cave (Pures do not fear enemy spies)
2.A marketplace (Useless until later)
3.A wall (Attack is the best form of defence, Pures always attack)
4.A temple (Gods are for noobs)

Note: We will build these later. Once we have a strong core army and city.

Pures are also a select group of people with a distinctive personality;

Pures never show fear in the eyes of the enemies
Pures never surrender
Pures are never scared
Pures never abandon a fellow member
Pures never spy on enemies(its cowardly)
Pures always respect other players
Pures love war!

Allies: You know who you are.

Enemies: Not anymore

The First Pure:
[player]Xerxes94x[/player]

Any questions, requests, or you just want to talk, then let me know

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2413

Not to put down your alliance, but just a few things to consider about your profile... You are a little un-informed I thinkk if you think that these statement would make effective players.

1.A cave (Pures do not fear enemy spies) <--- Only one I sorta agree with... It's Not needed I will agree, although it is for what you claim is useless below. As well it makes a GREAT defense against normal players.... good ones won't bother with spies!

2.A marketplace (Useless) <--- Good for sending resources to new cities and balancing resources for specialized builds.

3.A wall (Attack is the best form of defence, Pures always attack) <--- I will provide some screen to detail the advantages of a wall, nothing need be said.
NO WALL
BLY.png

With Level 20 Wall
BM5.png

4.A temple (Gods are for noobs) <---Could not be farther from the truth, they allow you to do many VERY useful things, such as 100% troop production acceleration just to name 1! It would put you at a disadvantage if you did not have these and only the attack did!

Just a few things to think over... It may help your strategies; as I recall through PM you said you were new here from TW, this is COMPLETELY different!

DeletedUser5061

All thats great and everything but The Pures is a silly is name maybe you should call yourself The Purses. by the way Gods are for mythical units and awesome spells, even a noob like me knows that. ;=-

DeletedUser

You assume that we will be defending all the time, but a good tactic is to attack. ;P

I like 'Pures' because are cities will be untainted with anything not required to be agressive.

Thanks for your thoughts, much appreciated

Aicy

Strategos
Damn... you're about a day away by transport boats. I was looking forward to hitting your defenseless town. :(

DeletedUser

it is an interesting way to play, a challenge.
Hope you do well :)

DeletedUser

Just 1 member then?

I think your plan is fatally flawed but good luck.

DeletedUser

I think its too late for my alliance to join Eta. I think it would be more successful if I start it when a new world comes along. I'm going to keep trying to recruit new players and maybe a couple will be up for the challange.

So, when a new world come alongs and if anyone likes my 'Grepolis version of Sparta' alliance, let me know and I will send you an invite!

Are you up for the challange?

DeletedUser

The problem is the revolt system. You need to defend against revolts and colony ships. Since you won't defend you'll lose.

DeletedUser

I thought you can send away your troops and then recall them so that they attack?

DeletedUser

Isn't the whole no cave thing for the pures a bit stupid because I could say I've got no wall, no temple, no cave and no market place and the only way you would know if I was telling the truth is if the pures spied on me which requires a CAVE

DeletedUser

You would only be hurting youself then, if you lie. I made it a rule in my alliance that we all trust each other, thats why I give leader rights to all those who make it in becoming a Pure.

DeletedUser

I thought you can send away your troops and then recall them so that they attack?

Not if a colony ship hits. There is no chance of counter-attack, it must be defended. This is why so many people regard the revolt system as a game killer.

DeletedUser

I allow harbours to be built, so they will be the main defense against colony ships. As will it be with most people.

I still think too many nubs consider someone with high points to automatically have a powerful army. It is a false sense of judgement.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I allow harbours to be built, so they will be the main defense against colony ships. As will it be with most people.

Good luck with that :D

Biremes are easily defeated by Light Ships in terms of numbers and then you still have to defend against any land troop attacks.

DeletedUser

I have changed it abit so you can build walls later when people actually are able to build colony ships, but I think right now it is not a major threat.

DeletedUser4013

You would only be hurting youself then, if you lie. I made it a rule in my alliance that we all trust each other, thats why I give leader rights to all those who make it in becoming a Pure.

No offence, but giving everyone leadership rights is not always the best thing to do. You might want to take a look at this post and you'll see why it can be a bad idea to do this:

Why you don't make everyone a Leader

Aicy

Strategos
Xerxes, you really do sound like you know what you're doing. I'm going to recommend everyone I know to join your alliance.