Newspaper The Pylos Papers ~ Issue 1

TobiramaSenju

Phrourach
~The Pylos Papers~

Back in the older servers we used to have papers, since activity in externals for the server is quite low, I’ll try my best to make a recurring weekly/fortnightly newspaper with short summaries of a couple of notable events in the server. I’ll try keep it as unbiased as I can. As a quick note, please do NOT reply under the thread if you are going to refer to events which have happened in previous servers, this is Pylos external not En100 and Whatever. Pfft I only work for thumbs up, so get liking and I’ll try see to a week 2 paper.

TOP 12 OVERALL

Top 12.png

It seems to be a two horse race from the start between True Fear/Unsung Heroes and RealColdCuddles/FrozenCuddles. Continuous growth from other alliances in the top 12. Error 404/418 have established a key core and could potentially be an upset in the two-horse race. Destructive Immortals seem to be growing slowly even whilst losing their wars to the True Fear Alliance. Whilst Spartans have creeped in to the Top 12 bearing the 9th position to their name, their fight points have not lived up to expectations ranking 13th overall.

TOP 12 FIGHTING POINTS

Top 12 Fighters.png

As it stands this is how the Fighting Charts are displayed. We see a clear gap between the frontrunners and the mid-ranking alliances. With 10-12 especially struggling in racking up the fight points, with hydra especially due to their position in losing every war they are in right now.

TOP 12 PLAYERS

Top 12 Players.png

The Current top 12 players is comprised solely of Cuddles/True Fear players, with the exception of 2 Destructive immortal players. As much is expected, perhaps in the future we can see a change in these rankings.

Wars of Pylos

Note that numbers may not be completely accurate due to players being kicked or leaving alliances during wars. Note that these numbers can be outdated upon date of publishing the newspaper. All statistics have been sourced from grepolife.

True Fear/Unsung Heroes vs RealColdCuddles/Frozen Cuddles

44 – 4

True Fear/Unsung Heroes vs Destructive Immortals/Destructive Mortals

27-8

RealColdCuddles/Frozen Cuddles vs Two Pounds/One Pound

15-0

Error 404/Error418 vs Moomins

9-0

Ocean By Ocean Analysis

044.png

We see 044 as the Cuddles realm, don’t be tempted by the free cuddles because they’ll take your cities ! With a total of 271 cities already they seem to be establishing their core in 044. Spartans and The Pound alliances beware, we will see if they can survive and shape up against the emperors of 044.

045.png

045 Also has a clear winner in its standings with Error Alliance powering through its ocean, with a clear cut 299 cities as opposed to 92 cities from the Destructive immortals in second place, looking from a holistic perspective, they seem to be safe from other alliances, allowing them to establish and build a solid core without any imposing threats. How this will shape out will be interesting to see.

54.png

054 is more complicated than the other oceans, whilst there is a dominating side with the Fortuna Alliances with a total of 183 cities. There are other significant alliances in play here, with Cuddles,True Fear, and the Ocean 54 Alliances taking up significant islands. We’ll have to watch closely with what happens here, since 054 could be a backbone for one of the top alliances to take as a second ocean kingdom.

055.png

The Big Pirates of 055 have laid claim to 055 as their territory, boasting a total of 281 cities in the ocean, they have made sure 055 lays in the hands of them. However we do see a clear cut opposition in the rising, the Destructive alliance growing steady with a clear 204 cities, its quick to assume that theres a possibility of havoc and competition soon to be made, however with the current war between them losing a net of 19 cities, it would be a tall order for the Destructive to find their footing.

AN INTERVIEW WITH THE TRUE FEAR LEADER - jameslongst

To keep the papers relevant each week I’ll be interviewing 1/2 people who have any impact on the server, for their views. If you think you ARE that person, feel free to message me and I’ll see for it in future issues.

Q- So James nice to talk to you, How did you come up with the name “True Fear” for your alliance?
A-
Where did our name come from? At first it just sounded cool. Then is grew on us. Now its an institution. I talk a lot about Legacy Teams these days, and I believe True Fear is one.

Q- What is your short term/long term aims of your alliance ?
A-
Sort/long term aims. Right now we are totally focused on the defeat of the enemy. That is the focal point of (hopefully) most of our energies. Long term I would like us to ascend our thrones as the Gods of Grepolis. I wanna be the Grepo Mafia 2.0.

Q- Which alliance do you reckon poses the biggest threat for your success in this server ?
A- I think the alliance that poses the biggest threat for us on this server is True Fear. Its too easy to be your own worst enemy. Fiasco I would say is the second lol.

Q- What excites you most about En137?
A-
What excites me most about en137? Getting it over with...I'm afraid the competition has really slumped in recent years.

Q- Any Further Comments/Rumours?
A-
"It is deeply satisfying to win a prize in front of a lot of people.”
― E.B. White, Charlotte's Web

That's all we have for this issues Pylos Papers, If you'd like to see more of this type of content feel free to give a thumbs up and leave some feedback on how to improve the paper. If you have any rumours or gossip to spill, feel free to message me. Good luck on the server !

Last edited:

sadWob

Taxiarch
paid with a thumbs up
smiley-emoticons-flu-super-gau.gif

DeletedUser47128

Nice initiative but was there no one else to interview ? This guy is so full of himself.

We should join forces and humble this guy if u ask me:)

Literally first thing I thought.

Interesting who he listed as his number 1 enemy though.

DeletedUser47128

Also just to clear something up for you in your analysis, spartans and cuddles are allies.

jameslongst

Strategos
Don Vito Corleone: I understand. You found paradise in America, had a good trade, made a good living. The police protected you; and there were courts of law. And you didn't need a friend of me. But uh, now you come to me and you say -- "Don Corleone give me justice." -- But you don't ask with respect. You don't offer friendship. You don't even think to call me Godfather. Instead, you come into my house on the day my daughter is to be married, and you ask me to do murder, for money.

DeletedUser45141

Holy Sh*t!! True Fear is still a thing! Same old players or just the name?

jameslongst

Strategos
We arent "A" thing, we are "The" thing. You can tell very clearly by how many stalkers we have. Isn't that right, Pyropilates? Pyropaninni? PyroPriscilla Queen of the Desert? You want some of this yet or you still just watchin?