The removal of harbor checks

DeletedUser

At first I did not think too much about it, but the more I think the more I dislike the removal of harbor checks.

As a offensive player, harbor checks plays a vital role in my gameplay. In a game that already favors the defender in every aspect, removing harbor checks almost destroys the game for me.

* Is there anyone who actually likes this new change?
* And are there any good reasons for implementing this new change?

I understand the whole, how can they report back home if they all died argument, but lets say that they can see the fleet before attacking the city and sends a pigeon back home with a report before attacking and thus giving us the harbor check even if they die in the attack (that would solve that objection without changing the game).

DeletedUser21784

I understand the whole, how can they report back home if they all died argument, but lets say that they can see the fleet before attacking the city and sends a pigeon back home with a report before attacking and thus giving us the harbor check even if they die in the attack (that would solve that objection without changing the game).

I like this idea :D

DeletedUser

INNO....... Why are you getting rid of all the little loopholes for tricks that people use :( IMO It is what makes the game good, what separates the vets from the newbs.

DeletedUser

it was useful and abuse was prevented no? coz we had to attack with more troops not a single unit..

DeletedUser

I like to picture the way battles play out in my head sometimes. When none of my troops make it back alive, like jp has mentioned, I like to picture them sending a little carrier pigeon reporting ship counts before actually heading in on a suicide run.

DeletedUser

:pro: Bring back the harbor checks! :pro:

DeletedUser

Due to the very negative feedback from all communities, we will reimplement the harbor checks, most likely today! :)

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. We haven't been aware of the major importance of this "exploit" / "bug".

DeletedUser23986

Due to the very negative feedback from all communities, we will reimplement the harbor checks, most likely today! :)

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. We haven't been aware of the major importance of this "exploit" / "bug".

thanks

DeletedUser

Great to hear mate, we ALL appreciate the work you put in, and the fact that you listen to us!!! :) Thank you man!!

DeletedUser36146

Happy its been reimplimented - not happy its still classed as an exploit/bug tho

DeletedUser

ah, that is great

big thanks for the quick fix and for listening to us :D

DeletedUser

The decision is greatly appreciated.

DeletedUser

Woohoo.

Mostly because I'm too lazy to spy and use my hordes of silver up :p

DeletedUser25380

Pheeww, I wasn't aware it was being removed either, happy that it's back. It's really a strategic component, some troops/city builds and even city placements are decided with this, and it fits a different purpose than the spy imo: a spy is more complete, but the defender can stack his cave and then you could really spend a lot. With harbor check, the defender can fake the attacker by adding empty transports, or removing the transports from that city, for the time of the attack, so there are still strategies to be played from the defender's side too, and he knows of an incoming attack (whereas he doesn't know of an incoming spy).
I always wondered how dead troops could report on harbors, but it's a part of the game that has been incorporated in strategies.
Anyway, thanks for bringing it back.