The Republic

DeletedUser

When governing anything, there are two main paths available: Dictatorships and Democracies.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages. In a Dictatorship, decisions are made quickly and decisively, yet an alliance may become alienated from its leader when they disagree with their decisions. The alternative is a Democracy, where everyone votes on every principle: this is as fair as a system can be, yet so slow to make progress there is a chance of being overtaken by an alliance united under a powerful leader.

The answer is a Republic. There are two parts to our alliance: The Senate, where a small group of Senators, usually 5, vote on our policy and laws. Next is our Consul, who acts out these laws to the best of their ability. Both groups are elected by the alliance. The small size of the Senate means policy may be passed through quickly yet fairly, and the Senators themselves are elected by an alliance who feel they best represent the way they think. The Consul gives the alliance a Leader who gives these laws a face and makes them a reality.

The Consul is the head of the Military, Diplomacy and Domestic policy, but does not have the power to invent their own law as this would mean they were only an elected dictator. Instead, they use the decisions of the Senate to instruct their behaviour.

This Constitution is a record of all Laws and Policies decided by The Senate. If anyone is found to disobey them they may be criticised, and possibly punished, in our Tribunal.

If this sounds like a system you would like to be part of, have a desire to succeed and have your opinion heard (and are based in Ocean 46), then join The Republic.

DeletedUser

Haha ok, just try not to alienate Chosen One too quickly. I'll send you an invite :)

Edit - What is your in game name? Or send me a message (Kidd Calver) I'll add you

DeletedUser

I was joking.
images

DeletedUser

And he still hasn't told us his name. Also, kid sorry to say this but this isn't going to work. This is war game not a democracy

DeletedUser

Everybody has their own style of leadership, a republic could work :p

Good luck with your alliance.

DeletedUser

I disagree Mailcarrier.

I've found most people in Sigma have played on at least one other world, and know this is a war game above all else. Our first elections are held today and these experienced members will form our first Senate and Consul. What I mean to say is, a knowledge that Grepolis is ultimately a war game (which is point number one in our Guide files) isn't incompatible with this system.

I have run an alliance before and found one of the most difficult parts of holding it together was that good players, rightly, want to be heard, and so when there are disagreements they are happier to quit. This will redress it.

Still, keep an eye on us in Sigma if you don't believe me :)

DeletedUser13647

When governing anything, there are two main paths available: Dictatorships and Democracies.

You mean Dictatorships or Republics. Democracy is a type of Republic.

And he still hasn't told us his name. Also, kid sorry to say this but this isn't going to work. This is war game not a democracy

Most successful alliances actually are Republics, not Democracies, nor does every member vote on every issue other than merges and other EXTREMELY important things but usually multiple leaders are always involved.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Really The Republic it isn't massively different from many other alliances. There is a Leader and a Council who group together to make decisions - the only difference is both groups can be elected, and if the alliance really feel one person is unqualified they can vote to have them removed, or vote to overturn a Senate decision.

Currently we're ranked 31 and are looking strong, especially in the areas where we overlap Oceans 46, 45, 35 and 36. We have decent players on the Senate and plenty more in the alliance looking to take their place when our next elections come.

Like I say, if anyone is interested, send me a message in game and we'll talk :)

Lugosi

Strategos
The Republic here is just a copy of the break off traitor alliance of This is Sparta a year ago. They were also The Republic; had the same coa, alliance profile, leadership set-up :p
I wonder if there alliance is as confusing ;)

DeletedUser

The Republic here is just a copy of the break off traitor alliance of This is Sparta a year ago. They were also The Republic; had the same coa, alliance profile, leadership set-up :p
I wonder if there alliance is as confusing ;)

I've actually got no idea what you're talking about :p.

If you google "Republic" it's one of the first images that come up, and in Rome there was a Senate and a Consul, so I'm not surprised someone else has used this model before :), however, it isn't very confusing. It does require members to be active and have an interest in the alliance future, which we do. After that the rest is easy.

DeletedUser

You mean Dictatorships or Republics. Democracy is a type of Republic.

Most successful alliances actually are Republics, not Democracies, nor does every member vote on every issue other than merges and other EXTREMELY important things but usually multiple leaders are always involved.

Um.... A democracy isn't a type of republic... Nor is a republic a type of democracy... Even though they are almost identical, neither one is the other... Both are types of governments though...
So the comment Democracy is a type of Republic is a logical fallacy. :p

If you doubt me, in the words of Dane Cook, "google that ...."
:p

Last edited by a moderator: