Newspaper The Rhethymnos Weekly - First Edition

DeletedUser20921

As the world starts up, many leaders are shaping up their alliances and getting their players ready for battle. Just 2 days ago, many players started an adventure in Rhethymnos, hoping to finally achieve victory. 2 days from now will be their first test, to prove they have what it takes to rule the world.

Throughout these 4 days, many alliances are being made and many players are deciding their alliance to join. I, Kayfon, have brought to you some exclusive Beginner's Protection interviews to get a good sense of the top alliances in Rhethymnos.

Top 10 Alliances:

RankAlliance NamePointsPlayersAverage Points
1BrotherHood2489229858
2Two For Flinching2328929803
3The Langoliers2279830760
4Red Nation2164124902
5ChAoS2126430709
6Revolt of Death1940129669
7EVOLUTION OF D3TH1752427649
8Southern Privateers1739028621
9TAU Warriors1731026666
104tress BLACK1543327572

Interviews:

The BrotherHood:

ALFONZO.3 has declined to be interviewed

Two for Flinching:
Kayfon: What do you think about the world so far?

Elpistolero4528: looks good. Some nice alliances popping up here and there.

Kayfon: Your alliance was a premade that was gonna join a Conquest world, what made you guys change your mind?

Elpistolero4528: All the other settings were perfect. We were happy that there was such a low alliance cap

Kayfon: Do you plan on starting a brother alliance because of this low alliance cap?

Elpistolero4528: We are discussing that internally at the moment

Kayfon: What are you plans for your alliance in the long-run?

Elpistolero4528: Its too early to say but needless to say we are looking to have fun and some good wars

Kayfon: Lastly, What do you think will be your biggest threat after BP ends?

Elpistolero4528: Well in our ocean it looks as though Brotherhood can pose a threat but Illyia will have some substance as well.

Seeing as we are at the core and we will have to look at other oceans and there it seems Brotherhood are the strongest whilst Nightmares of Elysium, Red Nation and The Langoliers will all pose threats

The Langoliers:

Eeyore II: I'm loving the settings of this world at the moment. I've only played a speed 1 world before, and a lot of the time it was like watching paint dry. Being able to get things done in a couple of days, which previously took a week to do, has been a delight.

Kayfon: What are your opinions on the top alliance in this world?

Eeyore II: At the time of writing 'BrotherHood' are at the top of the pile, but its very close between them and 'Two for Flinching', with 'Red Nation' looking like a strong alliance as well. There are some other alliances that are creeping up the list that look like they are also building good foundations. However it's very early days, so I have no strong opinions of any of these alliances at the moment. I'm sure there are plenty of capable players in all of these alliances, which promises plenty of fun for everyone over the coming weeks and months.

Kayfon: What would you expect from your alliance and what would you like your alliance to become?

Eeyore II: I expect our alliance to be a well organised and supportive team. I expect all alliance members to stick to our objectives and procedures and go make every enemy that we come across regret the minute they crossed our path. We are a friendly experienced alliance who will take no prisoners and become a strong leader in this world.

Kayfon: Finally, who do you think will pose the greatest threat to your alliance?

Eeyore II: Probably: wives/husbands/girlfriends/boyfriends, they never seem to be too happy with us Grepolis players having a hobby. For some strange reason my gf seems to think I have an addiction... which reminds me I had better get back and do some more farming :)

Best of luck with the rest of the newspaper, I look forward to reading it.

Best wishes,

Eeyore II.

Red Nation
Kayfon: What do you think about this world so far?

-Spyder-: This world is very fast paced, and the top alliances are still undecided. You can go back 100+ ranks overnight, so the only way to stay on top is to be active. There are a lot of good experienced alliances on this server, so expect some conflicts. I personally have never used gold until I earned some with those surveys, so it is a new experience for me. In my opinion, the alliances that attack the most, will do the best. It usually turns out that way in every world.

Kayfon: Do you think that there will be MRA's in this world and if so, who do you see an most likely to become one?

-Spyder-: I think that there will be plenty of MRAs. I already see two branches of this alliance called TAU Warriors. I'm assuming there are a lot more branch alliances. I'm not saying that branches = MRA, but branches this early on definitely do. It is too early to tell which top alliances will become MRAs right now.

Kayfon: What are your long-term plans for your alliance?

-Spyder-: Here are some of my plans:
First, I'm going to try to get 30 completely active and dedicated members.
Then, we are trying to get rank 1 in ABP and average points.
Try to take at least the north-west corner of Ocean 55.
Have a few good wars to have some fun.
Conquer and get a lot of cities per ocean.
Eventually conquer the whole ocean, and keep the other alliances in other oceans out of it.
If we do everything right, we might be able to get to world wonders. That is too far away to think about right now, though.

Kayfon: Who would you pact and who would you think of as your biggest threat(s)?

-Spyder-: I think the two biggest threats are BrotherHood and The Langoliers. TW-Shadow will have some good fights in them. Revolt of Death are so so. Two For Flinching would be my pact choice right now. TAU Warriors are MRA. They have a few branches. So, everyone in the top is a threat at this stage of the game. Also, The Rebels could either be a good pact or a threat full enemy.

ChAoS

Glaciator1028: I like the speed three to be honest, because I mostly end up playing in speed 1 or 2 worlds :S
I believe there are too many alliances being founded that arent going to succeed. There are only a few non-MRAs as well I notice, when I started out I was invited immediately by 4 alliances. That is why I started my own and I send messages along with the invite. And no, its not just saying, Hey. Join now. Each message is a detailed description of why we want you to be in our alliance, and why you should join. Too many MRAs that will fail soon :S

Kayfon: Since the alliance cap is so low, how do you think the MRA's will end up dying and what do you consider a MRA and an elite, in your opinion?

Glaciator1028: MRAs are alliances that send invites randomly without any reason why that person should join or what benefits there are. They just want the person in their alliance to benefit their alliance in numbers and points. The player doesn't benefit in an MRA.
An elite recruiting alliance is an alliance that does the exact opposite of an MRA. They want the players to benefit also, so they give a reason why they should join and how they will benefit by joining in a message. When both the player benefits and the founder benefits, the alliance is stronger.

Kayfon: What are your long-term plans for your alliance?

Glaciator1028: Long-Term? To be honest, I don't want a crapload of pacts and alliances, but I would prefer alliances with alliances in ocean 55. We are already pacted with someone, and I think it will help in the future. After BP is over, I want my alliance members to attack all players nearby that arent in alliances to get some Attack Battle Points. Then, we will eventually have a war (always happens to everyone sooner or later) we will fight our hardest. I want us to be aggressive and not be sim-city builders.

Kayfon: Who do you think will be the biggest threat to you after BP ends?

Glaciator1028: Hmm... probably some of the alliances that are in our ocean. Tbh, I hope to possibly get a pact with red nation, and maybe TW-Shadow. But otherwise, i think we are strong enough.

Revolt of Death

Kayfon: What do you think about this world so far?

Ravenous2: i like the speeds of the world and alliance limit everything seems good so far.

Kayfon: What do you think about the current rankings of the alliances and the setup of the top alliances?

Ravenous2: all seems good for now it is real early to determine top alliance setups more will be known when BP is over

Kayfon: What would you hope in your alliance in the long-run?

Ravenous2: probably what any alliance wants to stay competitive and stay in the top rankings of oceans we are in

Kayfon: Finally, what do you think is your biggest threat in this world and who do you think could be a good ally?

Ravenous2: Our biggest threat is ourselves. If we fail to come together as an effective team then any potential enemy's are not relevant

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20921

EVOLUTION OF D3TH

Couldn't find a contact.

Southern Privateers

No reply

TAU Warriors

No contact

4tress BLACK

pillu: a good world with agressive players who are ready to kill and can give everything to their alliance

Kayfon: Your alliance has the least point average of the top 10 by far, what do you have to say about this?

pillu: nothing we are growing players we will reach to the top soon it is just a start

Ended due to no reply

The current alliances in this world have great potential and I believe that each has it's pros and cons. We can see that many alliances are starting to get brother alliances and academy, a topic that has been on the minds of almost every important player in the world. Today, I will talk about the pros and cons of having a brother alliance.

Brother alliances are alliances that stem off of a main alliance where they are still a part of the firs alliance. Many leaders make these brother alliances in order to gain more space in the alliance by increasing the member amount to double the set alliance cap. Some alliance leaders do this just because they have too many good players to fit into one alliance. Others use it to get rid of dead weight in main alliances. Although increasing the member cap is a good thing, it also leads to consequences that can hurt both alliances. One problem that all alliances face is the fact that they could recruit a spy into the alliance. Since having a brother alliance increases the chance of recruiting a spy, man leaders don't do it. Making brother alliance can also make an alliance look like an MRA, Mass Recruitment Alliance. These alliances are thought to be weak and corrupt where the leaders only care about the number of members in their alliance. Ultimately, MRA's usually fail which is a big reason why brother alliances are not favored. A good part of a brother alliance is the fact that it can be used as a training camp. The inactive or noob players start off in the second alliance and work their way up to the first. Many leaders use this to maintain activity in the main alliance while also not giving enemies the advantage of taking players they kick out. Since this world has a 30 member alliance cap, many leaders find it necessary to get a brother alliance in order to help dominate oceans and win wars. Since a 30 member alliance cap is very low, this is a reasonable idea that normally doesn't harm the growth of either alliances. All in all, brother alliances are a gamble. You could be making an elite alliance and an academy, but take the risk of a spy getting in or staying one alliance, closing recruitment and lack the power in numbers. It is up to the leaders to decide the alliance's fate and weather alliances have a brother alliance or not, they all can be victorious.

That's all for this weeks edition of the Rhethymnos Weekly. Please post any suggestions or comments and I will take them into consideration

+rep if you enjoyed reading this

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well done on your first edition Kayfon.
May you continue improving them every week.

DeletedUser20921

Well done on your first edition Kayfon.
May you continue improving them every week.

Absolutely

I think I'll start putting up best player, best alliance, worst player and worst alliance of the week from now on

DeletedUser

Great Issue. Kind of disappointing that some of the alliances didn't respond.

DeletedUser20921

I added an interview with The Langoliers just now, enjoy

DeletedUser

Great job mate. Would've been nice to see brotherhood haha. What will you do for future newsletters?

DeletedUser20921

Don't know just see what is at the heat of conversation I guess

DeletedUser

Nice work mate, i would say that brother allainces are totally essential though if you want to have a grip on the world. A group of 30 players have never held onto WW and won. But +rep :D

DeletedUser20921

I would love to hear any ideas that you think I should add into the next edition.

DeletedUser30092

Maybe discuss battle points and agressiveness and how it will effect alliances?

DeletedUser

Hopefully some wars will break out right out of the gate to give you something to write about.