The SigmaStar Issue 1

• Thread starter Thomas The Magnificent
  • Start date

DeletedUser

SigmaStar Issue 1

Welcome to the SigmaStar newspaper, a little bit of info to keep you hip with the happenings.

I've done a few of these before, but never really stuck to them, despite my trying. But since I'm playing Sigma properly, hopefully this can do at least four issues. The SigmaStar news isn't really looking for staff at the moment, but if you want to apply, send me a Private Message.

So, without for a do, let's get started!

2.0 Finally Arrived!:

Finally! The long awaited 2.0 update is now here! Two new worlds have been released; Rho and Sigma. The new worlds are fully 2.0, using all of the new 2.0 features; Hades(The new god), Phoenician Trader, the new farming system, the attack planner and more.

Now remember, you can only play on either Rho or Sigma, not both.

Sigma Is Open!:

On the 5th April 2010 the second 2.0 world was formally opened! With players flooding in, and alliance being founded, the legacy of world Sigma had just begun. No-one knew who would prevail, who would fail and who would survive. Now, beginners protection has ended, and attacks are being sent. Topping the BP rankings is Dixie Normous(Also knows as The Huns from Delta), showing off their brute strength and proving to us the mean business. Warriors of Epsilon and Insidiae Vincere are following closely behind in all ranks.

Premades: Fail or Survive?:

Every world needs a few premades, and Sigma certainly have their fair share, so, now that BP is over, let's see how they're doing.

Malicious Paradigm(Lead by [user]The Chosen 0ne[/user])- Ranked 16th, good average of 1245, they're BP is not bad, could be higher but everyone's a critic. Watch out for them.
Little Puppies(Lead by [user]Thomas The Magnificent[/user]) Currently merging with Confederate States, points are low, BP is low, certainly not done as well as I hoped.
Insidiae Vincere(Lead by [user]BasilBarfly[/user]) They're even with DN in points and BP(Okay, maybe not BP). Made up of Gamma Greats, look a force to be reckoned with. I played with them on World 3(Test server) and they're certainly organised.

Interviews:

I managed to catch up with a few alliance leaders, and pester them with a few questions.

Do you have any plans for DN that you'd like to share?
To get bigger and work harder.
Are there any potential threats you see for DN?
Its a little too early to tell right now.
How do you think a 2.0 world will be better for DN than a 1.26 world
With a 3x speed things go a bit faster and with the new farming system there's a whole lot of population that can be freed up and used for other purposes.
Okay, anything you want to say to the forumers?
I just want to draw attention to a quote on our profile: You are awestruck by the size of the 'Army' before you. The women of your villages cheer.

Do you have any plans for WoE that you'd like to share?
As Im not the only leader in this alliance the most I can say is we plan on doing what we do on Epsilon and thats take as many cities and own as many areas as we can.
Do you see any potential threats?
Not this early on. You can only really tell when you have players with conquest. When you have alliances fighting for cities thats where it becomes interesting and where you can see who is actually worth anything.
Why do you think a 2.0 world is better for WoE than a 1.26 world?
We could do well in any world we go in, lol.

The only thing with 2.0 being better is were (most) are familiar with 2.0 anyways and the farming and other little features are great. I enjoy 2.0 quite a bit more then the older versions. If it is better for us as an alliance I cant really say. The way players play is how anything will work out and extra features or newer ones will just give an extra bit of fun.
Anything you want to say to the forumers?
Just that I hope they raise their cities high enough for us to take interest! :D

Do you have any plans for IV you could share with us?
Oh, I see what you mean. The plans are simple, play, have fun, do our best to stay number one. That will depend on if other players will comply with that, however, they most likely will try and beat us down.
Most of us come from Gamma World and have either been in the same alliance or fought each other, so it should be interesting to see how we will work together. We have some very highly placed players from Gamma who really know how to play and how to get the best out of this game.
Do you see any potential threats for IV?
Any alliance in the top 15 is a potential threat. Any unknown players who are in the top 100 places are a threat if they are not affiliated with us. Any alliance that shares an island with any of our players can be looked at as a threat. However, after the first week, at least 1/5 of all of these threats will be gone, through attrition, being farmed, restarting etc. thats when we will sort the sheep from the goats.
How do you think a 2.0 world will be better for IV than a 1.26 world?
Its not a case of it being better for us specifically. It is a case for everyone to learn how to play using the game mechanics implemented in Grepolis V.2. Learning how to take villages and then as a team on each island to build them up. Fighting at the core of a map is going to be much easier with the new map system. Many of our players also played World 3 as a test to get to understand how V2 is way better. Its like comparing Windows XP to Windows 7. Both are good operating systems and will do the job, but Windows 7 is a vast improvement because of the technology that it has to interact with. V.2 has also been developed to use Firefox as its preferred browser, but sill doesn't like Internet Explorer, which I find is a shame.
Anything else you want to say to the forumers?
I just would like to say that this world of Sigma shall prove very interesting, as it is a new world, along with Rho, to play version 2.0. Just remember, that if you play Rho, you cannot, on the same account, play world Sigma.

Time will tell who the real players are in Sigma and who are just tagging along for the ride.

Thanks
BasilBarfly

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Sigma Settings & Info!:

Sigma's Settings:
[row] [col=2] Sigma Settings [/col] [/row] [row] [col] World Speed [/col] [col]3[/col] [/row] [row] [col] Unit Speed [/col] [col]1.5[/col] [/row] [row] [col] Alliance limit [/col] [col]88[/col] [/row] [row] [col] Beginners protection [/col] [col]4 days[/col] [/row] [row] [col] Conquer method [/col] [col]Conquest[/col] [/row] [row] [col] Morale [/col] [col]Active[/col] [/row][row][col] Opening Date [/col][col]5th April 2011[/col][/row]

Speed 3: Speed 3 is 3x faster than speed 1 worlds(Alpha, Beta, Delta, Mu and Nu). With Speed 3, conquering lasts for 8 hours, which is the least amount of conquering time.
Alliance Cap 88: Have an alliance limit of 88 means you are only allowed to have 88 members in your alliance.
Conquest: The conquest system is old, so most people know it, if you are stuck then ask around your alliance, or read the guides in these forums.

So, this is the first edition of SigmaStar, please comment and I hope you enjoyed it!

DeletedUser

How could you -cries-

I have an alliance and you could have interviewed me :(

DeletedUser

2 slight problems there, you say you play under a different account, and won't tell me that account, and then you say you don't play Sigma. So, yeah, I'm a bit puzzled :p

DeletedUser

Nice. I was planning on making a newspaper, but looks like you beat me to it

DeletedUser

Great work =D

Very detailed, and very professional! I look forward to reading these. I wouldnt mind going for an interview someday cough cough cough*

Speaking of which, TCO, your alliance seems to be doing rather well =)

DeletedUser

Great work =D

Very detailed, and very professional! I look forward to reading these. I wouldnt mind going for an interview someday cough cough cough*

Speaking of which, TCO, your alliance seems to be doing rather well =)

Thanks! :D

DeletedUser

BORING, no point for a newspaper yet although a good effort, I'll read an issue when the first conquer is made. Probaly by the next issue, Good effort again, just to early for a newspaper :)

DeletedUser

haha, no one likes IE. it should just crawl into some internet corner and die. seriously when you consider time, money and energy consumption that goes into supporting IE when you're doing web projects it becomes clear that things like that are evil. in the truest sense of the word - as in it should be wiped from the face of the earth.

DeletedUser

Great work, good formatting and font, and o.k info, look forward in to seeing more :)

vincaocao

Phrourach
BORING, no point for a newspaper yet although a good effort, I'll read an issue when the first conquer is made. Probaly by the next issue, Good effort again, just to early for a newspaper :)

Where have you been raptok???????

Anyways nice issue Thomas + rep and sorry for leaving your alliance... I'm surrounded by the memento moris and had no choice but to join them.

DeletedUser

You interviewed the wrong personality of the Dixies! Everyone knows Helly is just the figurehead of the alliance. She just sits around acting important. You should have interviewed me.

DeletedUser829

rc0rv7.jpg

DeletedUser

Where have you been raptok???????

Anyways nice issue Thomas + rep and sorry for leaving your alliance... I'm surrounded by the memento moris and had no choice but to join them.

Me and others in Beta trolled him off the forums hehe. That and his countless spam infractions.

Nice we already have a paper though I'm looking forward to a few weeks down the track when things are actually shaping up. Right now things are just beginning.

DeletedUser

Me and others in Beta trolled him off the forums hehe. That and his countless spam infractions.

Nice we already have a paper though I'm looking forward to a few weeks down the track when things are actually shaping up. Right now things are just beginning.

You did not I went on vacation when my vacation mode ran out

BAck on topic

Yet agian good try