The Social Contract

DeletedUser8396

Regardless, you make assumptions regarding the reason people love. Assumptions that rely on a rational and analytical approach to life. I am sure you know people are not always rational, often irrational even. After admitting your inability to feel love I don't think it's fair for you to proclaim others' love as selfish.

While many do not approach life with an analytic stance or a stance of rationality, this does not mean the analytic description and defining is incorrect. People tick a certain way and that certain way they tick can be described and deduced and applied as a generalization of the population. If you refute that, I imagine a good bit of societal interaction and long-accepted psychology research will not be that happy.

Simply as I believe I am incapable of feeling love does not limit my ability to see how society ticks from a third party view.

That strength does not require, in any way, to forsake all love and emotions. Furthermore I personally don't think your advice would be of any use because of your view on emotions, relationships and human life in general. Your view seems to be confined too much, of which I have accused you in the past :p I must say I can be guilty of this myself, especially in the past, but I have worked on this and have definitely become more open-minded. I suggest you try this too, it works wonders for your view on the world (which you could use you pessimistic bastard :p)

I survive by not caring. I'm not saying to stop caring about everything, but stop caring about 'society' or 'what others think of you.' Just care for those close to you and life will be much better.

The strength may not require it, but I believe that when one closes himself off to make himself be unable to be hurt by outward forces, he becomes emotionally 'indestructible' (or...much harder to hurt). Just my personal stance on things as far as what has worked for me.

As for the 'not caring' part: I truly do not care about most things. I have approximately 5-6 people in this world that I have come to respect on a personal level. Currently, they are the only one's who have opinions I will truly listen to. Neither parents nor siblings are on this list. I do love them as far as the social obligation goes to love them (out of my respect for them), but nothing beyond that.

Also, why did you specify human? Deities? I thought you finally took the rational pov? :p What about animals? Do you think dogs love their owner selflessly?

I became a Christian yet again on November 18th, 2013. One of the spots on that respect list was earned by him disproving the paper in an extremely professional and clear cut way. That, and he's an insanely smart and humorous fellow. I see a Deity as the only one capable of loving selflessly, as He is omnipotent. But, I won't venture that any further than I have, and would ask the rest to do the same.

I specified humans because, as you even brought up, I did not want to bring in animals or deities into the conversation. I would be way out of my league to discuss animal psychology (and am even out of my league discussing a Deity's psychology).

PS: Do not take this the wrong way, it's really not meant maliciously, but have you considered seeing a psychiatrist? A friend of mine has a light form of autism and your way of thinking is extremely similar to his.

No offense taken. I have considered it...then I giggle the thought away. I truly do not want to pay someone to listen to me rant and rave with my ideas and theories. I simply don't care enough (proof: it took me this long to reply to you). Just to be clear though, I am not autistic. I know you didn't say I was...but wanted to make that clear :p

DeletedUser

And Pushty...I love patterns. I believe there are patterns in everything (or almost everything), which includes social interaction. Simply because some philosophy is absolute when describing a supposedly 'unpredictable' thing does not mean it is wrong.

There are always obscurities and imperfections in patterns - yes, there may be loose correlations in many things that we can use to predict scenarios, albeit it's something that should be approached with a cautiously open mind. As for your take on social interaction, I'd take a look into mental health issues. Your take might fly quite amiss.

Link of time

Phrourach
She is fulfilling a social obligation to love you.
No no no just no...
This is one of the most ignorant, false, and just WRONG posts I have seen for quite some time.

There are always obscurities and imperfections in patterns - yes, there may be loose correlations in many things that we can use to predict scenarios, albeit it's something that should be approached with a cautiously open mind. As for your take on social interaction, I'd take a look into mental health issues. Your take might fly quite amiss.
Nice one there...

DeletedUser8396

The first edit I have made to this theory of mine:

Thus, since everything inevitably links to an instinctual desire to perpetuate one's own self, one must continue to ask why- as we are not yet done. The question is: Why do you desire to follow your instincts? The answer I have found is the only answer that I feel makes sense and makes the theory beautiful. The answer is: I have a will to live.

Love, hate, politeness, kindness, cruelty - any interaction we ever do or did was done because through a mental process that we were either aware of or unaware of led us through the process described above that the self benefit leading inevitably to the fulfillment of our instinctual desire to better our own selves inevitably concludes with the profound statement and reason of life.

We love because we want to live. The reason we do not love everyone or choose to not love everyone is because we feel or know that loving the person will not bring us a more fulfilled life. Everything we do translates invariably back to our burning passion to press on in the farce that is The Social Contract.

DeletedUser33530

This is the first time I have read something written by you that didn't make life seem total meaningless.