The Squad

• Thread starter DeletedUser10645
  • Start date

DeletedUser10645

Leaders have decided to delete accounts and start again in a new ocean i'm sorry but I woun't be joining you this sort of action is unacceptable how you can just turn tail and run because NAPS didn't work out or you lost a city people have more respect for those who stay and fight till the end

Proper Disgruntled me like

DeletedUser

Not a big surprise tbh. With the amount of alliance changes and leadership changes they must have gone through it was only a matter of time before some of them just gave up.

DeletedUser2663

Not a surprise to anyone here. Once leadership goes, the alliance is dead, it was only a matter of time.

DeletedUser8078

Stubo, I understand the frustration everyone who has remained probably feels. However when Shenanigans merged it was not known by me or any other Leader of that Alliance what we were heading into. Clearly the original break up of D.N still festered for some. The tensions that remained and the backstabbing and BS that prevailed would have been enough to send anyone over the top. As myself and a few others that came from Corinth (Corinth being our main world) were here to enjoy ourselves, play and appreciate each others company it was decided that any Alliance within 55 would be just as bad. You know the saying "out of the fry pan and into the fire". So was easier to remove ourselves from the festering pit of turmoil altogether

DeletedUser

There are a couple fundamental and undeniable problems with your logic, Aphedias:

1. A speed 3 conquest is not the place to be to have a 2ndary world.

2. The leaders of any alliance should not be here to "appreciate each others company" unless it is only going to be them in the alliance and they don't really care what happens. There's just no room for competitive discussion that can lead to better ideas.

Any alliance that you found is definitely, 100%, every-single-solitary-time going to fail on this world, no matter where it is or who else is in it; If you and your friends are in charge of it here, it will not work.

When ol' Treach speaks his wisdom you can go ahead and grab an apostle and tell him to start writing because you're adding another chapter to the book.

DeletedUser8078

Well that's really simplifying things to be honest and from someone on the outside looking in,easy to pass remarks. I could have gone into depth about the reasons for decisions made, I could have quoted and copied and pasted countless conversations, that involved hatred, dishonesty, lying and backstabbing. But it is not worth while doing so. Needless to say this is a game we are all here for the enjoyment of it, if we didnt enjoy it we wouldn't be here right? and the political situation surrounding O55 is best left to those still meddling in it. It is my opinion that shifting from one Alliance to the next in the core is not solving the underlying issues...merely shifting those issues from one Alliance to the next.

DeletedUser

Any alliance that you found is definitely, 100%, every-single-solitary-time going to fail on this world, no matter where it is or who else is in it; If you and your friends are in charge of it here, it will not work.

I disagree with this statement. I have led and played with alliances both in the core and on the rim. Leading/playing on the rim is about 1000 times easier. Things are usually far calmer on the rim so it gives you more of a chance to get yourselves built up and established without being attacked by 3 or 4 good alliance like would happen in the core. Especially ocean 55 as you being hit from every which way, it is usually the most competitive ocean on every server I have been on.

Point is if you can't be incredibly active because your busy with another server or just busy in real life, the rim is a good place to start out. Really ups your chance of success.

DeletedUser

I guess that my statement was intended to be more long-term thought. A person playing a speed 3 as a 2ndary can be simi successful on the rim for a time, but they will never be there for the end game. Everyone ends up fighting everyone eventually anyway until people get bored and quit.

These guys had a chance 2 or 3 incarnations ago, but they have completely abandoned their credibility (along with 3 alliances) at this point. Backstabbing, mutinies, and attacks from all directions are the name of the game; the entire point is to see who comes out on top through all of that. They did not.

DeletedUser10645

This is the joke tho we were told to found new city's on core islands and as soon as i sent my cs and it got out of range to call it back this is when it all happened now i'm left with a crappy little city rather than using my cs for something better

DeletedUser4577

This is the joke tho we were told to found new city's on core islands and as soon as i sent my cs and it got out of range to call it back this is when it all happened now i'm left with a crappy little city rather than using my cs for something better
- In all honesty it would have taken forever for those "Target Islands" to bare any fruit. The plan itself was flawed from the get go and I believe you would have achieved more by searching out strategic islands to take over completely rather then colonize a group of 8 or 9.

I'm sorry to hear you are stuck with a crappy city but that is what you get sometimes with bad planning....Also, NEVER colonize...Its just a waste of good resources and time. Unless its for wonders or some way to really hiss your enemy off with I don't ever see a point to it.

DeletedUser

I'm sorry to hear you are stuck with a crappy city but that is what you get sometimes with bad planning....Also, NEVER colonize...Its just a waste of good resources and time. Unless its for wonders or some way to really hiss your enemy off with I don't ever see a point to it.

FALSE.

Time and time again it is proven that it is not only effective but almost necessary for a big alliance to colonize the islands they control to ensure that the enemy doesnt do it instead and compromise your island. You can also do it the other way around and have your alliance colonize every open spot on an island your enemy controls, fill it up with defensive units while mass producing troops/ships on the island and then start conquering the other cities there one by one with help from the colonized cities.

There are several ways to use colonization as a good tool in warfare and can sometimes be more effective than conquering a city, especially given that these are cities you wont have to spend any units on getting.

DeletedUser

Anyone who colonises other than the point to win with wonders has no concept of the game.... No alliance I am part of will ever colonise and when wonders come well take a completely colonised island from someone else who was noobish and nice enough to build it up for us

Any alliance that starts on the rim dont get my respect, especially a premade.....

The cream always rises to the top, and good players flock to great players and that is what has now happened in 55

I can assure you aphedides the politics and BS that were in DN/Shannigans/The Squad will not follow them any longer

DeletedUser8078

I can assure you aphedides the politics and BS that were in DN/Shannigans/The Squad will not follow them any longer

There was no Shenanigans in Shenanigans.... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4577

FALSE.

Time and time again it is proven that it is not only effective but almost necessary for a big alliance to colonize the islands they control to ensure that the enemy doesnt do it instead and compromise your island. You can also do it the other way around and have your alliance colonize every open spot on an island your enemy controls, fill it up with defensive units while mass producing troops/ships on the island and then start conquering the other cities there one by one with help from the colonized cities.

There are several ways to use colonization as a good tool in warfare and can sometimes be more effective than conquering a city, especially given that these are cities you wont have to spend any units on getting.

Lol, You do realize you just repeated what I said just with greater detail? When I said

Unless its for wonders or some way to really hiss your enemy off with I don't ever see a point to it.

So if you really want to hiss your enemy off and gain an island deep in their territory then yeah go for it and see how far that gets you. At the same time you just better hope your alliance is still around by the time you get those low point cities up to a point that they can be of any use.
Personally I rather use those city slots to take real enemy cities that can be used right away then in a week or two.

but almost necessary for a big alliance to colonize the islands they control to ensure that the enemy doesnt do it instead and compromise your island.
- It appears you've been in the wrong alliances lately....:) - Unless you're talking about wonder islands and if that is the case then yes you need every location.

Any alliance that starts on the rim dont get my respect, especially a premade.....
- That made me sad a little....

DeletedUser

lol just noticed the statement about alliances on the rim not getting your respect. You know there has been a decent amount of servers where the best alliance ends up coming from the rim yes?

On a side note I know many such as Aphy and Kam originally had no plans of leading on this world. They were more or less thrust into that role when the original DN leadership failed/left the game. Remember the original DN leadership was not the same as the Squad and other alliances.

DeletedUser

Reading that marks the moment that I learned this cat is buying into the whole "premades are ruining the game" rhetoric. Couple that with the "2 weeks" comment on the disband thread, and I think this is a dude that isn't used to having an audience like this and is kinda letting it get away from him. Where's diazan when you need him to teach a hothead a thing or two about starting strong in a world?

DeletedUser

Have nothing about premades at all. However if you were experienced enough and had that many ppl why not start from jump street and prove your worth... I have been in many premades some good some bad

Well just let time show who knows what, Hows that work