The Strings Revealed: A Criticism of the Puppetmaster

DeletedUser

image.php

For weeks, a war has been raging in Beta. Let me explain to you how this started. It initially began as a war between Phenomen and SYNERGY. When SYNERGY collapsed, we took in some of their players. This made Xmortis and others angry. The war with StoneCutters began as a series of skirmishes.

Then, there was the war with The Three Kings. It was unsure what the aftermath would be, but the world would eventually see the dissolution of TTK, and its subsequent absorption by Xmortis. This in turn made Phenomen angry.

The mood was tense in Beta. Then it happened. Phenomen took the initiative and fast-forwarded to the inevitable - war. The Phenomen-Xmortis war kicked off great, with several Xmortis losses in the first day and several more in the following weeks.

Then Virtus Phoenix declared war on Phenomen. Running on the platform that Phenomen was a treacherous alliance that threatened the safety of the world, they conveyed the image that they were heroes; knights fighting off an evil dragon. Hypocrisy! The actions of VP have done nothing to stop the falling dominoes.

Earlier today, there was speculation that Molon Labe and Phoenix of Carthage would stab Phenomen in the back. These rumors were confirmed with Molon Labe's "Let the World Tremble" thread. Now for a rebuttal.

Molon Labe claims that Dragons Heads keeps the world in balance. Just above the paragraph in which this claim is made, eGOD cites the definition of hegemony. The leader of ML then goes on to accuse Phenomen of hegemony. Here is the flaw in his argument. Isn't the goal of Grepolis to conquer the world?

Grepolis Front Page said:
Build magnificent cities,
forge mighty alliances,
utilize the power of the gods,
conquer the world!

Second, wouldn't a band of alliances which accounts for over 39 million (now 47 million with VP) points be hegemonic? There used to be peace, but now the world is in two. You have teamed up to take out the big guy, simply because he is big! And you say we are malevolent. Option one: you are delusional. Option two: you are no better than vultures, aiming to take whatever you can; you are opportunists!

O! The flaw in your logic. You act as if you are a bunch of vigilantes, coming to save the day, when in fact you are the description of your arch-nemesis! You are a Power; YOU are the other Influence. You have as much control over Beta as Phenomen does. However, you stand still and make accusations of tyranny simply because you have the power to do so.

The world is now divided in two solid parts because of your irresponsible actions. Molon Labe is pulling the strings, those strings which threaten to cause mass chaos! I urge all Dragons Head members to abandon eGOD and Molon Labe, for he is the Puppetmaster. He is the Deceiver! If Phenomen falls, then Molon Labe will rise in its place. They will become the villain. We started one war. Molon Labe is starting a world war.

Pull out of the Dragons Head pact! Do not follow your shepherd over a cliff! There is still a chance for peace and reason. It is not however possible with Molon Labe. Cut your ties! Cut the strings! Free yourselves!

DeletedUser

Milo the past conflict between us has to come to an end so I'm joining the rebels and we will destroy phenomen but good luck in the war and may our conflict end

DeletedUser

MILO said:
The mood was tense in Beta. Then it happened. Phenomen took the initiative and fast-forwarded to the inevitable - war. The Phenomen-Xmortis war kicked off great, with several Xmortis losses in the first day and several more in the following weeks.

Then Virtus Phoenix declared war on Phenomen. Running on the platform that Phenomen was a treacherous alliance that threatened the safety of the world, they conveyed the image that they were heroes; knights fighting off an evil dragon. Hypocrisy! The actions of VP have done nothing to stop the falling dominoes.

Just curious. Did the war start before your formal declaration of war on Xmortis? Because if it did, then it did take weeks for VP to declar war. Otherwise, I thought after formal declaration of war, shortly after T3K merged into Xmortis. A few days pass, then you guys declar war on Xmortis. Then a few hours later VP declars war on Pheno.

But nice PnP Milo.

DeletedUser

There has been a shift, is Phenomen, now doubting themselves?

DeletedUser

HA!

You failed to mention that Phenom have been losing their arses to Stonecutters while ALL of the above was going on.

This game is about ruling the world, and we want your spot, so we are coming for ya ;)

As long as we are having a good time what does it matter?

:pro:

DeletedUser

Oh please, kad has, and always will be, far more of a "puppetmaster" than I. He had his fingers in many pies so to speak.

Dragon Heads have made balance to the world, for without us, Phenomen would continue to conquer and grow relentlessly. So yes, I am right in saying we bring balance.

DeletedUser

so I ask this of you Milonius

Did Phenomen have spies in TeA? the same player who cut and ran under your banner when TeA was broken by the Dragons head? or where they refugee hiding under a new banner?

DeletedUser

so I ask this of you Milonius

Did Phenomen have spies in TeA? the same player who cut and ran under your banner when TeA was broken by the Dragons head? or where they refugee hiding under a new banner?

I don't know any info relating to any covert ops if they exist, and if I did, I wouldn't reveal it to you.

DeletedUser

see what I hear is,

Hypocrisy is alright if you are in Phenomen,. picking and chosen any and all refugees and claiming they were moles for our alliance

the rest of you, if you follow our lead, we shall declare war.

So many spies
so many fingers in the pie!

hell you even saw this coming didnt you?
that spy you have in DJ was telling you weeks ago.. whoops! did I say that :)

DeletedUser

Yeah really ain't me or ML doing any puppet-mastering. Pheno have people everywhere (apparently even in ML though that stands to question), we just play our game and fight when called upon. Your actions and position in this world called upon us.

DeletedUser

Milonius

to reply in a way of using your firstly, secondly, thirdly policy

Firstly.......if its the games and your aim to conquer the world....then as you are getting close to that....its all our jobs to stop you

Secondly.......how long did you think alliances that you have pacts with were going to stand by and watch while you constantly take in refugees that they were attacking....just so your standing gets stronger in the game.....Gorgar being a prime example we were rimming him and took around 7 cities in an op....next thing we see is hes allowed to run and hide under your banner, and yet again the big boys in the playground just say like it or lump it....yet you only moan of you being stabbed in the back

Thirdly.......whats the problem????? several of your players, including BOTH your leaders have been moaning on here of a lack of defence bps....well now your going to get some

Fourthly.......our leaders decided on their own to declare war on you.....we didnt need any puppetmaster. They would of done it on their own....the others joining against you is just a bonus

DeletedUser

Fourthly.......our leaders decided on their own to declare war on you.....we didnt need any puppetmaster. They would of done it on their own....the others joining against you is just a bonus

Yeah we both decided separately to declare war but we both knew we were fighting and unless it's a coincidence SES must have chosen to declare on the date Dragon Heads had set of the first

DeletedUser

you are wrong on one count milo. Both eGOD and Nivmizzet are the pawns, others are controlling them, and those that control them will replace them and win the world if we fall.

JungleBear

Phrourach
With so many cities out there declaring on phen means this world will NEVER end. We have 3000 cities, xmortis 3000 the rest 6000 how can any alliance if it doesn't have buddies-allies ever hope to conquer all them without taking in new players and growing ?. Declaring on the bigger alliances will make for more troops more destruction more time building ! A sad day for me personnally as i dont want to spend another 2 years playing the same beta game......

But that is my moan over, i will fight, i will defend, i will conquer some more and one day I may just quit if this world never finds some direction.

Phen have grown strong through good planning and organization, xmortis stung us so many times in "friendly attacks" it was embarassing. The war with them was inevitable....

Phen is the best organized alliance i have ever been in, we will be no push overs im afraid. We just cant conquer you all (for now)

DeletedUser14909

If Phenomen falls, then Molon Labe will rise in its place. They will become the villain.

Fine by me, as long as we don't. There's always got to be someone in the black hat (and twiddly moustache if it takes your fancy).
But seriously what it will do is distribute power much more evenly than if everyone had stood back and watched you devour Xmortis.

DeletedUser

you manipulated the quote much like you manipulate others ingame, I should have realised when you guys kept signing pacts with our enemies back in the times of UAE that you never considered us as allies. ML will not rise in its place... ML/PoC will fall, others will rise, but the dominance of a single alliance will never be broken, so your "making things fair is just an excuse..."

DeletedUser14909

That aimed at me Kad? If so i was just aiming at lightening the mood a bit and certainly didn't look to manipulate the quote. I think anyone who's dealt with me in game (a number of your members included) will know i'm straight up and do what i say/mean. I never said fair, i said more even and that is a totally different concept.

DeletedUser

ML will not rise in its place... ML/PoC will fall, others will rise, but the dominance of a single alliance will never be broken, so your "making things fair is just an excuse..."

What happened to the last alliance who ignorantly claimed we would fall... Hmm.. oh yeah! They disbanded within the next month or so.

Can't wait to meet the "others" as you call them, they sound to be a blast.

DeletedUser

Hurumph...I suppose I should post here. Seems like a good place as any.

"Both eGOD and NivMizzet13 are pawns" - well I suppose I would be If our alliance had taken seriously your 'feeling' the SC would betray and backstab PoC and DJ. We communicate, and our goals sometimes align and sometimes colide (I'll get my sprinkles back for the donuts, and I'll return the icing for eGOD's cake).

"The dominance of a single alliance will never be broken" - hmm...This is Sparta...AoA...GBE. I think it's a pattern everywhere, where first there are many alliances, whittled down to a few dominant ones, then one dominant one, which then is broken either internally or due to external forces, then back to many little ones.