The Survivors

DeletedUser

I joined the Zeta world in October 2010 and formed the alliance The Suvivors with two co-workers from my office. They have since left grepolis, but I kept it going, first in two oceans 24 and 42 where we first settled. I had played in Alpha, Beta and Epsilon prior to Zeta and had learned a lot from some very experienced players and alliances. Forming an alliance was a lot different as many of you will know. We started out as being ranked 72nd on 15 October. We built a core team of strong leaders and devolved the responsibility to the appropriate level. We trusted our members and created a developmental approach to gaming here until Christmas time. By that time, our recruiting efforts had paid off and we were starting to climb in the rankings. We taught our members how to defend until help arrived and we stressed team defence to ensure the survival of the target city. By Christmas, we were ready and began a series of aggressive operations in our two core oceans that did two things - first it allowed individual empire increases and second, it taught and practised team offence.

We slowly kept climbing the ranking ladder and all the time, we worked on recruiting and on developing. We had formed pacts with various alliances over time and around Christmas time, three pacts declared war on two really aggressive (but not very coordinated) alliances - New World Order and Kings of Gamma. Between the three of us, we took apart both alliances through either conquest or through recruiting their members who had survived our onslaughts. By end January, the other two alliances, Parliament and Division 6 had been destroyed from within and I offered both of them a home with us. Parliament members came over right away, but Division 6 tried to rebuild itself. About two weeks later, they dissolved and their members joined us and moved us into 16th place.

On 12 Feb, I logged on and discovered that we had moved up to 15th place and looked around and determined that it was not due to anything we had done, it was simply that Epirote League had lost a lot of members and all the alliances behind them moved up one place in the rankings. On 18 Feb, I logged on and noticed that we had moved up to 14th place and once again not due to anything we had done, and determined that the movement was due to the demise of DAFT. We recruited some of the former DAFT members in our two strongest oceans and quickly moved up into 12th place the same day.

Our rise has been a combination of good playing and good luck. We only work on one goal at a time and as achievement is in sight, we develop the next goal. Our team is tight and our members are loyal. We seem to have a good chemistry and it's working well for us.

If anyone is interested in membership, we are happy to take you if you have two cities minimum. If you want training, our academy is called Survivor School and we are happy to have our trainers teach you this game.

DeletedUser16076

Been part of this alliance for a little while now and still loving it, any good players who are in need of a good friendly alliance, I would recommend this one. :)

DeletedUser

Moved up to 11th place yesterday and now everyone wants a piece of us, even if they had never heard of us before - what a laugh. We can only do what we can do.

DeletedUser

My RL friend, Greig the Great is in your alliance, he really enjoys it and thinks this alliance will go far.

Good luck!

DeletedUser

Thanks War Wolf - nice to be fighting alongside your team!

DeletedUser

It's been a while - Golden Angels merged into us a few months ago and Nexus merged into us last week so we are now ranked second in Zeta. I realize that this is a dying world, but we are still fighting on three fronts - M.O.B to the North, Dacian City-States wot the East and The Firm to the south of our core area. Thank you to our opponents for continuing the fight - it's still fun in Zeta!

DeletedUser8881

Man, i wish i didn't quit. i miss this world. and warring with you guys. :) well enjoy your run spike & co.