The Tale of an Ancient Greek Hero (Community Effort)

• Thread starter DeletedUser31385
  • Start date

DeletedUser31385

Each person who posts is required to contribute at least 6 sentences to the story. No spam posting. I will start the story with about 5-10 sentences (so people can figure out the subject a little bit). Keep in mind this is first person limited.

I awoke on the shore of a white sand beach not knowing where I was. All I remember... Erm... I remember... NOTHING! I walked until I reached a thick entanglement of branches and leaves. I looked around until I spotted a large, misshapen rock. I picked it up and pulled a thread out of my shirt to tie it onto a large stick. I swung until I had cleared the undergrowth. I walked through the dark forest and finally reached the clearing................

(Now the next person continues)

Last edited:

DeletedUser31385

You can decide. I am writing my part and you are in charge of yours. You can make it as funny or as serious as you like.

DeletedUser49358

Can I make a suggestion? up the 3 sentence limit to something more like a paragraph and ask people not to spam post (add a paragraph right after someone responded to theirs). 3 sentences isn't much to get anything rolling and if people don't spam reply to the thread then it prevents one person from taking over the story.

DeletedUser31385

Can I make a suggestion? up the 3 sentence limit to something more like a paragraph and ask people not to spam post (add a paragraph right after someone responded to theirs). 3 sentences isn't much to get anything rolling and if people don't spam reply to the thread then it prevents one person from taking over the story.

Okay. I changed the rules/requirements.

DeletedUser49358

I awoke on the shore of a white sand beach not knowing where I was. All I remember... Erm... I remember... NOTHING! I walked until I reached a thick entanglement of branches and leaves. I looked around until I spotted a large, misshapen rock. I picked it up and pulled a thread out of my shirt to tie it onto a large stick. I swung until I had cleared the undergrowth. I walked through the dark forest and finally reached the clearing................

Accept it wasn't a clearing, it was A CROP CIRCLE! That's right the stories of aliens visiting the earth during the ancient period are true! The History Channel wasn't full of bull. There a giant alien space ship sat before our Greek hero named The Slim One, it astonished his very eyes but he was not afraid. The Slim One approached the foreign object with courage in his heart and as he was directly underneath the ship a bright beam shone upon him pulling him up into the belly of the beast...

DeletedUser31385

Accept it wasn't a clearing, it was A CROP CIRCLE! That's right, the stories of aliens visiting the earth during the ancient period are true! The History Channel wasn't full of bull. There sat a giant alien space ship before me, it astonished my eyes but I was not afraid. I approached the foreign object with courage in my heart and as I walked directly underneath the ship a bright beam shone upon me, pulling me up into the belly of the beast...

I don't want to be a critic, but...
Keep in mind this is first person limited.
I edited it and added in the first person pronouns.

DeletedUser49358

I don't want to be a critic, but...
Keep in mind this is first person limited.
I edited it and added in the first person pronouns.

Oh I'm sorry about that, forgot it was first person only.

DeletedUser

..as the body of the Slim One was about to enter the air lock of the giant alien ship, he heard an announcement being made over the ships communication system " Nah this one is not in the proper format. Neither is it appropriate for the the wish list. Air lock LOCKED. Slim One deleted" The Great God of Holy Grepolis had spoken and having spoken decided to step outside for a stroll on a hill which, for him was a big mistake......

DeletedUser31385

I attacked the machine that tried to delete me and ripped it apart. I opened the airlock doors and dropped onto the ground. The Great God of Holy Grepolis turned around and cursed in ancient Greek. I charged at him and tackled him. He grabbed my neck and sent an electrical charge through my body. I heard an announcement... POWER AT 0%... POWER FAILURE... The pain subsided and I roundhouse kicked the Great God of Holy Grepolis. He stumbled backward, ichor dripping from his mouth.....