Pnp The Tomb Bust Disaster (with apologies to William McGonagall)

• Thread starter DeletedUser54339
  • Start date

DeletedUser54339

A small ditty on the subject of a recent skirmish in Selymbria, inspired by/vaguely plagiarised from Scottish 'poet' William McGonagall, Scotland's revenge upon the English language. Anyone who Googles him and attempts to read any of his poetry does so at their own risk!

'The Tomb Bust Disaster'

Patrons of the externals this day!
Alas, I am not at all sorry to say
The Magicians' units have all gone away
In Selymbria (EN 99)
Now they have to rebuild for a very long time.

Twas about quarter of nine on a Monday night,
Griffins arrived with both fury and might,
The defensive troops went tumbling down
Faces in True Fear wore many a frown,
And the demons in the sky seemed to say,
"Will this World Wonder last through the next day?"

The attacks were launched the very same night,
Triremes and flyers and ships that were light,
The wonder city was plain in sight
And to ring in a brand new year,
Would the city fall, that of True Fear?

The attacks rumbled over the ocean that day,
The colony ship was about midway,
The attacks hit bireme walls, such dismay!
The OLU was sunk in the bay!
(The flyers at least made it, anyway)
The defending side loudly cried 'Hooray!'
So many troops, now taken away
They had a revolt at about a quarter to nine,
But TM now rebuild for a very long time.

As soon as the catastrophe came to be known,
The attackers let out a mighty groan,
The chances of busting, perhaps they had blown,
In Selymbria server (EN99)
Now TM must rebuild for a very long time.

Patrons of the externals this day!
I must now conclude my lay
By telling you all without dismay,
That although it may have seemed a farce
Busting wonders is a pain in the... erm
... neck
TM went for it, though some would have said 'Nay'
Though wonder cities we all must build,
Seldom are they wrested from the strong-willed.

DeletedUser51435

Well you left a wonder city inactive for 20 hrs and it had nothing in it so we had to give it a shot. Afterall we had an event coming and us massive golders at TM can easily replace losses from the event, which we have already. We have killed bigger attacks from TF in the past without blinking. Glad we could bring a little joy to your day.

My new name for your alliance is PAT which is short for ....

jameslongst

Strategos
Well you left a wonder city inactive for 20 hrs and it had nothing in it so we had to give it a shot. Afterall we had an event coming and us massive golders at TM can easily replace losses from the event, which we have already. We have killed bigger attacks from TF in the past without blinking. Glad we could bring a little joy to your day.

My new name for your alliance is PAT which is short for ....

I think it is so sad that you and your little friends are so obsessed with True Fear. You guys need to move on.

How about this: Play your own games for your own selves. Stand on your own feet, don't "cycle thru" some other teams victory.

And also, don't screw your friends over. It makes you look really bad.

DeletedUser51435

I think it is so sad that you and your little friends are so obsessed with True Fear. You guys need to move on.

How about this: Play your own games for your own selves. Stand on your own feet, don't "cycle thru" some other teams victory.

Jimmy boy ... the only one obsessed is you and the only one with a record of screwing over friends over multiple servers is you. Personally all you were good for was feeding us BP to grow. You thought this time you got us with that merge in 56 and somehow you screwed that up with your top attacker/defender leaving due to your leaderships actions.

And who says we aren't going to win? ... you? .... then I like our chances because you are wrong more often than you are right. Now move along and lets see if you get more than 1 wonder without cheating.

jameslongst

Strategos
your actions are doing the talking now, bud...if i may be allowed to quote myself:

everyone sees what i've been saying all along: TM leadership will do anything, no matter how low, for a crown.

DeletedUser55169

and who did we screw over if i may ask? the only ones were at war at is you guys, and i cant remember us being friends.

jameslongst

Strategos
and who did we screw over if i may ask? the only ones were at war at is you guys, and i cant remember us being friends.

You know what, k hurri, i'll forgive you that one. I have a feeling you and some of the other tm players have no idea the dank moldy stuff your leaders get up to.

Does that make you ok? No. It makes you complicit, but whatevs.

Pact half the server if you wish, but at least find out who you are janking over, first. Go ask the Sons.

Last edited:

DeletedUser28220

I rarely post in these forums - this is my third time in 7 years

I feel however compelled to ask - what happened to just playing Grep? When was the last time a great team of players went all out and won the server straight, all 7 wonders - winner of the world?

Instead of acting like a bunch of politicians, doing deals and then back-stabbing one another

there is no glory in winning 1, 2 or 3 wonders, and then shuffling about in the dark, secret places, trying to make up ground on the others, the ones that you weren't good enough to win outright
- everyone knows what's going on anyway
- whos doing deals with whom

This server epitomizes how pathetic some of the so called leadership in the game have become - you would fit well into some of the governments who blunder about ineffectively trying to sort problems in RL

Perhaps May, Trump and the like actually use this game as a recruiting ground - 'oh look, there's some shifty deals going on over there in Grep - let's offer those twats a job, they're completely useless...'

Such a shame that a great game is dragged down to the mediocre level of the non-achievers

DeletedUser46647

I guess I should also make a post. First time ever actually for me. I use here the name old teammates and enemies know me under but currently I play under the handle of UrEv1lShad0.

Many leaders feel their time is put to better use managing our teams business and playing rather than coming out here and talking about it and trying to play mind games that really do not work on the players/teams that actually matter. Most have seen all of this so many times before and yawn but read anyway because we occasionally get a laugh out of it.

I know a few here love to quote/cut&paste and research what someone said 6 months ago in the hope of throwing it back in their face so let me be direct as possible because over 6 years people can say many things about me ... but I keep my promises and I stand by what I say unlike some who post all the time out here. I bet if they actually devoted the same effort into the game as compared to the time to think out their posts their teams would be in a much better position.

Jimmy. You are most likely a stand up person in RL but with this game you do something that many of us can not abide. You waste the time of your team. This is my 2nd world playing against you and it still amazes me how you squander the time and resources of so many and give back so little in return. Spin it how you want, have as many teammates come to your defense as you like but it is what it is. If it's just to be social over there... cool. If it's to have a shot at winning ... guys start writing Odin and Cleo. Props to the rest of the TF players for going at wonders hard. The effort was noticed. I do not get along with a few members of your leadership but some of you put some good effort into this world and for that I salute you.

Stack. You are so right. It is pathetic how some leaders of teams past and present conduct themselves.
"I don't judge people on what they say - if you sit and watch a man long enough, then he'll tell you who he is by what he does"
Some quotes eh?

To the rest ... regardless of the posts of some of the other bitter players ... the server seems to be hung and for a change 1 artificially dominant team that recruits all the big players or merges in whole territories (not talking about you jimmy... decent leaders keep those territories unlike what you did in 56) will not be walking away with any awards just yet. In fact a big dust up all the way around should be expected. Sorry to disappoint some of you but proper fighting will be coming back very shortly. But who's going to kick it off?
smiley_emoticons_viking.gif

DeletedUser54339

Many leaders feel their time is put to better use managing our teams business and playing rather than coming out here and talking about it and trying to play mind games that really do not work on the players/teams that actually matter. Most have seen all of this so many times before and yawn but read anyway because we occasionally get a laugh out of it.

I would consider 'mind games' par for the course in Grepolis. I would consider what one of your alliance members appears to have done - maliciously pretending to be someone else (a member of our alliance) via Skype - a rather different kettle of fish and something that could have legal ramifications for the offending party. You might want to descend from your high horse pretty quickly on this one.

...it still amazes me how you squander the time and resources of so many and give back so little in return.

And yet so many folks in TF are here from previous servers. Maybe we're just enjoying ourselves?

... If it's to have a shot at winning ... guys start writing Odin and Cleo.

We have a completed wonder, as do Sons of Odin. Neither of us had any sort of pre-existing 'carve-up' agreement with the other.

Sorry to disappoint some of you but proper fighting will be coming back very shortly. But who's going to kick it off?
Not yourself and Tig, that's for sure. I would be pretty mad if I was in an alliance where there was a chance to bust a wonder and a couple of people in leadership contributed virtually nothing to the cause...

jameslongst

Strategos
@edshado. Your spin changes nothing. If you play a dishonorable game, you come at last to a dishonorable end. Enjoy. Meanwhile, that laughter you hear ringing is coming from me, on top of my lighthouse.

@stack. I must disagree on this point. One wonder honorably obtained by a small group is worth seven put together by a troll factory.

@trollfactories. You know who you are. Quite a mess you have made for yourselves. Your eagerness to troll other teams has cost you a victory thus far. What else will it cost?

I know full well your myriad promises of crowns to everyone were just lies. Anyone else begun to realize that yet? Better watch for the pitchforks lmao.

@TrueFear. "If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them."
-H.D. Thoreau

Last edited:

DeletedUser54361

James.... your posts always remind me of an expression that my Grandmother was particularly fond of when she came across indiviuals such as yourself..... "you are full of piss and wind and your comments are as a fart in a colander"

You have my sympathies as it is patently obvious to us that you hide your own inadequacies by demeaning the achievements of others. You have spent you time in these Forums telling everyone how wonderful you believe you are at leading an alliance and yet the results have been disappointing to say the least.

Imho you are probably from a sales background as you obviously talk the talk and have been able to attract some great players and yet through your actions have lost many of them. A good example of this is losing Neb and his allstars, which probably cost you at least one other WW and maybe more

I am sure that you are not the only one who is guilty of poor leadership and that AHR us equally responsible, however your constant diatribes on the forums show you are a well read but deeply flawed individual who probably has major inferiority complex issues.

Maybe it is time to hang up your posting and concentrate on something worthwhile in RL as frankly speaking all you generate with your comments these days is pity!

For those who do not know me, I am a member of The Magicians who are a bunch of people that I was fighting against when I was in Nagidos as a member of Caustic. I can tell you that we respected the leadship and their players when in Nagidos and playing alongside them in this world my views have not diminished. The comments directed at them by James are unworthy as well as unwarranted and should be given the attention that they deserve, which is less than none!

No doubt James you will respond to this message with your usual articulate bluster but when you look to your inner self you will know that you have been found wanting......

P.S. Alexander... I loved your poem which was something that all at Magicians enjoyed... you are a player worthy of respect and I was surprised that you did not move together with Neb or your other previous team mates.

collect78900

Phrourach
James.... your posts always remind me of an expression that my Grandmother was particularly fond of when she came across indiviuals such as yourself..... "you are full of piss and wind and your comments are as a fart in a colander"

You have my sympathies as it is patently obvious to us that you hide your own inadequacies by demeaning the achievements of others. You have spent you time in these Forums telling everyone how wonderful you believe you are at leading an alliance and yet the results have been disappointing to say the least.

Imho you are probably from a sales background as you obviously talk the talk and have been able to attract some great players and yet through your actions have lost many of them. A good example of this is losing Neb and his allstars, which probably cost you at least one other WW and maybe more

I am sure that you are not the only one who is guilty of poor leadership and that AHR us equally responsible, however your constant diatribes on the forums show you are a well read but deeply flawed individual who probably has major inferiority complex issues.

Maybe it is time to hang up your posting and concentrate on something worthwhile in RL as frankly speaking all you generate with your comments these days is pity!

For those who do not know me, I am a member of The Magicians who are a bunch of people that I was fighting against when I was in Nagidos as a member of Caustic. I can tell you that we respected the leadship and their players when in Nagidos and playing alongside them in this world my views have not diminished. The comments directed at them by James are unworthy as well as unwarranted and should be given the attention that they deserve, which is less than none!

No doubt James you will respond to this message with your usual articulate bluster but when you look to your inner self you will know that you have been found wanting......

P.S. Alexander... I loved your poem which was something that all at Magicians enjoyed... you are a player worthy of respect and I was surprised that you did not move together with Neb or your other previous team mates.

Very well said...all jimmy can do is hide behind rxs skirts....