The Top 12 Power Rankings Discussion

DeletedUser41523

I have some free time and used to do this in previous worlds. Here's my power rankings of the true top 12 alliances in Olous. Note: I am joining families together.

1) Stay Cool, Stay Enraged, & Stay Synergy: The reason I put them at number 1 is because they're already bogged down vs a coalition and they have a convincing lead on them for this early in the game. Statistically I think OSG outshines them if combined together. But OSG hasn't faced any real competition that I know of.

2) OSG: Statistically they would be the top dog with combined stats. However as said they haven't faced anyone as of yet which holds back their ranking. But I do believe that if they came to blows with an alliance like Killer Bunnies or Order 66 and their respective branches that they would do well.

3) The Orders: Admittedly I think that over time their power rankings are going to begin to take a downwards turn. With alliances like Rejects and Zero Tolerance in the rear and Stay Cool up front. But for the moment they're not bleeding out. They have lost a key player for their alliance however.

4) The Bunnies: With the creation of fire bunnies these guys have a new influx of decent players and have turned the tide on Project Snuggle, who was arguably the best premade coming into this world. So why are they last? Mostly the fact that I believe they'd come up short with the alliances above them and maybe to some that will be ranked below them. Leadership concerns were repeatedly listed in talks and they were on the verge of losing entirely to Project Snuggle just a few days ago. Smart diplomacy saved them, which means this group is still relatively untested.

5) Rejects:
Take away some of their straggling cities and breaking into the core of this team will be incredibly difficult. They have a pretty good ABP ranking for their size. And that tells me they're aggressive.

6) Thracians: Ranked 6th in ABP and 12th in points. They do have the odd losses to OSG, O66, and Snuggle though. But I think these guys will over come those and rise or at least maintain their place in the rankings for sometime.

7) The Winners: This group isn't doing as bad as I would have expected vs SC. They're fighting a relatively good war and staying in the game.

8) Turtle Time: I like to think we're doing alright. We have a decent ABP for our late start and a solid core to go along with it.

9) OCEANS VETERANS: Just look at these guy's core, that's gonna be dangerous for anyone running up against them in the future.

10) Project Snuggle: Kinda feels like the Red Wedding on Game Of Thrones for these guys. Was debating about whether they should be seeded at 11th or not but I still think they could beat the two alliances below them at this stage. Bottom line here is that a lot of players have left, they've lost some cities, their leader is MIA. If they can hang on until he's back, then I think they'll be okay provided that he returns soon. If not and if they keep losing players or towns they'll need to consider other options.

11) Zero Tolerance:
"But their ranked 7th!" Yeah and if you take out their top player's ABP then they're not in the top 15 ABP category. I don't know why the ABP is so low for these guys, because being spread across the middle of O45 it doesn't appear that they're coring. Being fair these guys have a good looking roster. But there's some spread to their core and a few mistakes I've spotted from my bouts with them.

12) The Charlatans: Pretty much got on this list because everyone between them in statistical categories are a branch of the bigger alliances.

What are your thoughts on this list? How would you seed the true top 12 alliances?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser51219

6) Thracians: Ranked 6th in ABP and 12th in points. They do have the odd losses to OSG, O66, and Snuggle though. But I think these guys will over come those and rise or at least maintain their place in the rankings for sometime.
I wouldn't say they're 6th anymore they've lost some of their best players recently

DeletedUser10386

As the founder of the Thracians. OSG tried to organise a coup within our ranks, due to some disgruntled employees . We dealt with them swiftly, all their cities are under siege. We shall move beyond this hiccup, don't count us out yet ;)

One more thing, we lost our 1 attacker lol, dropped to 7th on ABP, only a few hundred of our 6th position again, we'll rise back up and multiply that in the future. Our number one attacker was merely an attack dog, with no sense of direction. The other mutineer was some damn power hungry narcissistic maniac. Our leadership is having revamp, onwards and upwards is the motto gents. Glorious dawns are all I see for us beyond tomorrow.

We were 500 points of Turtle to get to rank 12 last night, we actually kept switching positions before Fatalis made his list. Today after booting our players we became ranked 15th, now we are 13th, tomorrow I see us at 12 at least.

The city lost to order 66 was mine, was given as a hand off so I could restart with BP rather then ghost. Only city we've lost to OSG has been the 1 inactive. We've sniped 3 CS's of theirs so far, and have lost 1 of our own inactive's city. The city handed to a snuggle was between 2 friends, which I was aware off and happy with. After all it's only a game and stats don't mean shite this early on.

DeletedUser51219

After all it's only a game and stats don't mean shite this early on.
Very true I mean look at PS everyone thought they were going to be one of the top alliances but due to unfortunate circumstances they have dropped and many more can drop like they did, only time will tell

DeletedUser41523

Well it seems there won't much a fight within thracians as Femme and Linx ghosted.

DeletedUser10386

That's because I personally spanked their asses so hard that by the time they woke up, they were too bruised to put up a resistance.

DeletedUser54418

Personally spanked our asses that is the funniest thing i've heard all day. it took you and you sister alliance to take 1 of my cities. Then asked OSG for help after we left. As for the personal attacks you have on me that's just immature and anyone who knows me knows those lies aren't true. We were leaving the alliance due to your lack of leadership when you are to lazy to send your own MM's and talk to people like they are 5 yrs old. They don't want to follow you, even the people in your alliance all agreed that you are a dictator that is unorganized, Rude, lazy, and irrational.

For people that choose to attack people on a personal level in a game that's just uncalled for. I was never rude to you the first time i talked to people about leaving your alliance i had the nerve to talk to you about it. Sending me messages saying your coming for me and that you cant wait to take my cities. Childish.

DeletedUser10386

Bye Felicia, enjoy life on the rim my dear. I call creating a skype group ' anti shab movement' childish, next time please remember the hyphen. You played with cloaks and daggers in the secret. I reacted by blitzkrieging both dumb and dumber. I'm not prone to falling victim to a pathetic reenactment of the 'night of the long knives'.

DeletedUser41523

Personally spanked our asses that is the funniest thing i've heard all day. it took you and you sister alliance to take 1 of my cities. Then asked OSG for help after we left. As for the personal attacks you have on me that's just immature and anyone who knows me knows those lies aren't true. We were leaving the alliance due to your lack of leadership when you are to lazy to send your own MM's and talk to people like they are 5 yrs old. They don't want to follow you, even the people in your alliance all agreed that you are a dictator that is unorganized, Rude, lazy, and irrational.

For people that choose to attack people on a personal level in a game that's just uncalled for. I was never rude to you the first time i talked to people about leaving your alliance i had the nerve to talk to you about it. Sending me messages saying your coming for me and that you cant wait to take my cities. Childish.

Why didn't you fight them though? I mean if I was pissed off at someone they'd know.

And woah, no Nazi references please. I'm a PLS major I hear it enough in that field.

DeletedUser10386

Lol, Fatalis I personally felt it was that time of month for both dumb and dumber. Hence the irrationality of their decisions. They had no heart to fightback when they were pounced upon is the real answer to your question. They thought their new sugar daddies in OSG could save them, but nobody lifted a finger there. Seems they received some false reassurance.

Ultimately whenever there is a coup it either strengthens or weakens an alliance. I'm happy to say we are definitely stronger as a result of it. We were at max capacity to begin with now stand at 43 members are completing some internalisations. Soon to be around 40 members, creating space for fresh blood to join us.

DeletedUser54486

Spots 5-8 on that list will be very close regardless of which alliance goes in each position.

DeletedUser41523

This Weeks New Power Rankings Release

1) Stay Cool Family (Last Week 1st)-
Beating Order, Beating Winners, Beating KB, best average and stats. I see no need to move them down over that. SC is the top dog of this world for now.

2) Open Source Government Family (Last Week 2nd)- Still the clear cut second in my opinion. They're pushing on KB still creating a tight space for Killer Bunnies and family to work with. They do have some losses on the sheer but that's expected with the sheer size. I haven't really seen anyone challenge them yet.

3) OCEANS VETERANS (Last Week 9th)- Very good coring and pushing Order around for supremacy in Ocean 45. They also are hitting Zero Tolerance. I don't think this team will be pushed around easily in the future.

4) Turtle Time (Last Week 8th)- Decent coring, picking at Zero Tolerance, OSG, and O35 teams for the moment. Shutting down what was supposed to be the big bad wolf of O45.

5) Thracians (Last Week 6th)- I think if someone is going to give OSG a push its this team. I also think that this team could go toe to toe with much of the top 12, though maybe not beat all of them their stats back up their ability.

6) Killer Bunnies Family (Last Week 3rd)- They're being beaten up a bit by OSG and SC. But overall they still have good enough players and stats to not justify a major tumble down the charts. If they woke up and played smart they could very easily rise in the rankings. But their core is pretty broken up with SC in it. Meaning they've taken a tumble.

7) Rejects (Last Week 5th)- They have a solid team having gotten some licks in on SC and are beating on ZT for easy BP. Their core is pretty tight. But they've fallen off some in stats which is the main reason for this weeks drop two spots.

8) Winners Family (Last Week 7th)- Decent group, not totally falling flat vs SC and probably the driving force in the coalition vs them for the moment even if their stats don't show.

9) The Order Family (Last Week 3rd)- Let me be clear, spots 3-8 were really hard because there's a case for almost every single one of those teams. KB has stats and some push back, OV has its core and stats, TT has stats and success vs enemies, etc. This one was really easy to pick. Now people will jump down my throat for this but hear me out. Every August there's a top tier ranking release in American college football and by the end of the first month there is a team that clearly did not belong there that somehow got ranked high. The Orders are that team. Their enemies and allies alike confirm it and their stats seem to show it. They have the talent there to make a push on anyone in the top 12. But it hasn't come together. However following up on my analogy, there's always that one disappointing team that rallies back to have something to build off of later on (Like USC this year). Order has the ability to be that team if they get it together. But so far, they've done nothing to justify a top half ranking.

10) Jagged Swans/JS2 (Last Week 12)-
These guys used to be the Charlatans but appear to have merged and taken on a new branch. This team has decent points and a below average ABP. But they get here because they'd still be one of the top families/duos in the world and the other alliances ahead of them are branches of those listed above.

11) Immortals (Last Week Unranked)- This seems to be the top team of O65. They appear to be new so their ABP is lacking. But I'm giving some benefit of the doubt and assuming that will change over time. But these guys are at least controlling their area for now.

12) Zero Tolerance (Last Week 11th)-
As someone fighting them, let me be blunt, these guys should be unranked, they're not fighting back, they're not trying to siege us, they've all but given up. Everyone not listed let me down in this regard because I would still bet money that they'd beat the rest of the alliances unranked for now. They have some good players, but they're guys are ghosting, going inactive, or being kicked/internalized for losing cities even if they're trying to back snipe. There's just nobody doing well enough to justify them being taken off the top 12 for now.

Ranked Last Week But Not This Week: Project Snuggle (defeated)

DeletedUser37684

Project Snuggle weren't defeated. When Khepri went inactive due to real life reasons, a number of our players went inactive. With only around 7 players we were still holding our own against Killer Bunnies... We got invited to Stay Cool as Killer Bunnies couldn't defeat us :)

DeletedUser54537

Project Snuggle weren't defeated. When Khepri went inactive due to real life reasons, a number of our players went inactive. With only around 7 players we were still holding our own against Killer Bunnies... We got invited to Stay Cool as Killer Bunnies couldn't defeat us :)

I agree with your statement but once an alliance like Project Snuggles falls off the rankings like that and loses a big amount of players we can say they got defeated (except if a full merge where it is then called merge)

DeletedUser41523

I still counted that as a defeat since Project Snuggle isn't a thing now and its people moved on. Of course stay cool is a lot stronger for it and KB is a lot weaker for it. But PS in itself didn't survive.

Myrddin Emyrs

Phrourach
To many academies in this world, its nuts, the world would be better if as winter said a free for all, but i suppose theres still time for a lot to happen here