The Trash Talk

And who are YOU?! As an exleader and Partner to Conor I will stand up for him (not that he cant do it himself). TBH I hate him now, he probably hates me, But He is an OUTSTANDING PLAYER and SOLDIER when he actually plays. Heck, Hes probably the best team player you have in your coalition of alliances. You on the other hand I have never heard of or seen. You ever think maybe he is simming because his team mates are getting a bad rep by being ignorant and annoying? You talking bad about him gives you EVEN MORE OF A BAD REP, as he is a team mate.

From one player to another, you should take Conor's advise. Shut up and play the game.

Well, what i've seen, all these players in this forum are great players.
So if I kindly ask you to hold that tongue of yours that would be nice. We must remember, that there's players like 10-15 for ages.
Thank You

Ryann16

Strategos
Well, what i've seen, all these players in this forum are great players.
So if I kindly ask you to hold that tongue of yours that would be nice. We must remember, that there's players like 10-15 for ages.
Thank You

read the title of the thread please, And I did not use profanity. Shouldn't be butthurt about it in a trash talking thread.

DeletedUser54537

a question for the moderators:
would this thread be appropriate for all conversation that have been occuring lately in the pagasae forum ?

DeletedUser54935

A lot of talk coming from a guy in the 3rd tier of a crappy MRA. Cant even beat some noobs :p @Shaz

DeletedUser31385

a question for the moderators:
would this thread be appropriate for all conversation that have been occuring lately in the pagasae forum ?
Yes, it would be a more appropriate place.

DeletedUser54537

I want to say, well done MGGA, you took ~30 of my cities, all undefended, apart from a couple. It took you a week to take them
Now is when the fun part starts, my leftover cities are mostly not in your territory.

DeletedUser54935

Guys remember MGSA is all powerful always protects their own! (Besides the 25 cities they lost yesterday) :)

DeletedUser39822

I think MGGA has left the building........let me rephrase that. MGGA is busy building.......pretty 17k cities.

DeletedUser54192

While Deus certainly isn't the worst MGGA member to post on these forums, I would point out that he isn't entirely truthful in every claim that he makes around here. These quotations were from other threads, I believe, but I didn't want to derail those threads with something that is purely trash talk.

Let's look at these two quotations from Deus.
It is indeed true you will not find a single post by me on here where i curse, or personally insult someone.
Poor little snowflake. Perhaps it is time to go back to your safe space now.
Let's look at the second sentence in the second quotation - one of the most obvious interpretations of a phrase like this is that you are implying that I have some sort of mental health condition. "Safe space" or "safe place" are phrases often used to refer to a particular set of thoughts or a particular mindset that can help to calm down or relax a person with mental health issues. A fair number of mental health clinics are also known as "safe spaces".

Now, if someone said to you "you have a mental health issue", you would see that as an insult, yes? (Disclaimer: that is an entirely hypothetical situation, and I am in no way saying that Deus has any sort of mental health issue. It is merely an example.)

What you wrote in that second quotation, was a slightly less explicit way of telling me that I have a mental health issue. Maybe you didn't intend your words to mean that, maybe you did. But that's what I took out of that phrase when I first read it, and I imagine that's what a fair few other people would take out of it if it were directed at them.

That's basically the only case of personal insult (although calling me "fly" as if I am something small and sub-human and not worthy of even talking to you isn't nice either, but that wasn't just you), but I'm the one who it was directed at, and I'd say that, at the very least, it would be pretty close to it. I'm not asking you to go and delete that part of the post, nor have I reported it as a personal insult, as it pales in comparison to some of the other things I have seen on these forums. (Now tidied up thanks to the moderators). But I would like you to either stop claiming that you never say anything that is a personal insult, or just be a little more careful with what you write when you are trash-talking. It's easy to cross the line, I know. But it's a bit of a lie to claim that you have never crossed that line when I can find something in the forums for the same world, at a relatively similar time, that does cross the line in the opinion of the person to whom you were talking.

(EDIT: I will fully admit that there is the possibility that something I've said to someone, somewhere on these externals, could be found personally insulting. I don't post with the intention of personally insulting people, but the line between trash talk and personal insult can be blurry at times. The thing is, I don't believe that I have ever claimed to be completely clean on this matter, yet Deus has made such a claim, one that I feel is not completely true.)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54192

Sorry bud. I don't base my reasoning or knowledge of things off of "urban dictionary".
I don't either. Almost every time I have seen that phrase used, it was to insult someone. I merely checked Urban Dictionary to see the results, and found that it was similar to what I had encountered a lot before.

About the second part. I have stated before that i do not post pms unless the person is making an outright lie.

Your leaders have this same policy regarding pms. Both thizzle and raydium have posted private pms several times on these externals. In fact thizzles very first thread he made on here was a PnP based off a private conversation between him and CO-OP leadership. And that was just for his amusement, no reasoning behind it.

Secondly. Mahim posted his conversations with capable before i posted any screenshot of pms. Then he did the same with mac.

I had asked cap if i could post that screenshot before i did, so in essense i did more to respect privacy than mahim did.
Look at what I said - you are happy to call Mahim out on this, yet I didn't see a peep from you when your own player posted a PM from myself on the externals. A PM in which I specifically stated a lack of permission to post on the externals. I did not post any screenshots of his private messages, nor was Shaz's post referencing any sort of outright lie by myself.

My point is less that people are posting those private messages, and more that you happily criticise Mahim for doing so, having turned a blind eye when your own player posted a PM from me which I specifically said I did not permit to be posted on the externals. (Given the way he acted later on (and I know you've seen at least some of the screenshots), I am rather glad that I blocked him in-game at the time that I did). If you are going to try and take the moral high ground and criticise the posting of PMs, please don't be biased when you do it.

DeletedUser54702

I don't either. Almost every time I have seen that phrase used, it was to insult someone. I merely checked Urban Dictionary to see the results, and found that it was similar to what I had encountered a lot before.

Look at what I said - you are happy to call Mahim out on this, yet I didn't see a peep from you when your own player posted a PM from myself on the externals. A PM in which I specifically stated a lack of permission to post on the externals. I did not post any screenshots of his private messages, nor was Shaz's post referencing any sort of outright lie by myself.

My point is less that people are posting those private messages, and more that you happily criticise Mahim for doing so, having turned a blind eye when your own player posted a PM from me which I specifically said I did not permit to be posted on the externals. (Given the way he acted later on (and I know you've seen at least some of the screenshots), I am rather glad that I blocked him in-game at the time that I did). If you are going to try and take the moral high ground and criticise the posting of PMs, please don't be biased when you do it.

That doesn't make me saying "safe space" a personal insult. Just because you "think" its commonly used that way. Look at a real dictionary for the definition of safe space and you will see no where in there does it say someone "must have" a mental condition to have a safe space.

And since you clearly don't know what goes on over your head between leaders of alliances you would have no idea whether i turned a blind eye or not to shaz posting pms.

Keep talking. I've disproved your point calling me a liar.

Ill check externals in a few hours. Can't help wondering how long your essay in response to this will be.

DeletedUser54192

So again i ask. Please find an example of me lying.

Maybe you should rethink your words before accusing people. And perhaps base it on more sound reasoning than what "urban dictionary" says.

Maybe try looking at a real dictionary?

Oxford Dictionary - definition of an insult:
"A disrespectful or scornfully abusive remark or act."

Given that the majority of the times I have heard or seen the use of the term "safe space" are when it has been used in an insulting way, what you said is something that I find disrespectful. Therefore it is an insult to me, and as I am the person it is directed at, it is an insult. Therefore, when you said that people will never find a post where you personally insult someone, you were lying, because you said something that can fairly easily be interpreted as an insult by a decent proportion of society.

It doesn't say you have to. But as I pointed out before, a lot of mental health clinics are referred to as "safe spaces". So one of the interpretations of what you have said is that you are implying I have a mental health condition.

And since you clearly don't know what goes on over your head between leaders of alliances you would have no idea whether i turned a blind eye or not to shaz posting pms.
I know that you didn't call him out publicly, as you just did to Mahim. That in itself is biased.

DeletedUser51786

Oxford Dictionary - definition of an insult:
"A disrespectful or scornfully abusive remark or act."

Given that the majority of the times I have heard or seen the use of the term "safe space" are when it has been used in an insulting way, what you said is something that I find disrespectful. Therefore it is an insult to me, and as I am the person it is directed at, it is an insult. Therefore, when you said that people will never find a post where you personally insult someone, you were lying, because you said something that can fairly easily be interpreted as an insult by a decent proportion of society.

It doesn't say you have to. But as I pointed out before, a lot of mental health clinics are referred to as "safe spaces". So one of the interpretations of what you have said is that you are implying I have a mental health condition.

I know that you didn't call him out publicly, as you just did to Mahim. That in itself is biased.

I think you have fantasies about me do you want my number to hit me up, because every post is about me, all you have to do is ask for my number LOL, do you go to sleep at night thinking about me hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

DeletedUser54192

If I wanted your number then I wouldn't have blocked you in-game, Shaz. That was a rejection, not me playing hard to get. ;)

DeletedUser51786

If I wanted your number then I wouldn't have blocked you in-game, Shaz. That was a rejection, not me playing hard to get. ;)

Well your masters told you to do but i know secretly that you might have a thing for me, as you ca't stop thinking about me LOL, I know its only woman talks about guys repeatedly so are you a woman and you want to link up.