The Trash Talk

DeletedUser54702

What do you think the reason is that you got kicked?

I never said i was the best, it was to show that i'm a team player.

Have you answered any of my questions yet? don't think so
smiley_emoticons_kolobok-sanduhr.gif

Do i need to? Would be a waste if time really. We have ran you out of pags with your tail tucked between your legs.

I wonder if i should start playing en99 as a main as well instead of simming, and gold trading on there. Have a few friends in Sons of Odin.

Would be funny to beat you in 2 worlds
smiley_emoticons_auslachen2.gif

Yes you need to, i am not even running anywhere, Dfuq are u saying? i'm staying, looking for an active team, unlike your members i'm picky, and tell your members to stop asking me if i want to join MGGA, the answer is NO.
You haven't beaten me in one world, you haven't take any cities off me, so you can't say you beat me, you won't win wonders anyway :)
smiley_emoticons_bravo2.gif

You're such a child Deus, you got nothing so you're ignoring everything i shoot at you. Man up and answer to what i am asking.
smiley_emoticons_sleep.gif

DeletedUser54702

Yes you need to, i am not even running anywhere, Dfuq are u saying? i'm staying, looking for an active team, unlike your members i'm picky, and tell your members to stop asking me if i want to join MGGA, the answer is NO.
You haven't beaten me in one world, you haven't take any cities off me, so you can't say you beat me, you won't win wonders anyway :)
smiley_emoticons_bravo2.gif

You're such a child Deus, you got nothing so you're ignoring everything i shoot at you. Man up and answer to what i am asking.
smiley_emoticons_sleep.gif

I see you've been listening to reproduction
smiley_emoticons_ins-auge-stechen.gif

I wouldn't bet on it kiddo.

I personally haven't beat you, but my alliance has and your alliance has fallen. You have nothing
smiley_emoticons_baby_taptap.gif

DeletedUser54339

Do i need to? Would be a waste if time really. We have ran you out of pags with your tail tucked between your legs.

I wonder if i should start playing en99 as a main as well instead of simming, and gold trading on there. Have a few friends in Sons of Odin.

Would be funny to beat you in 2 worlds

Sons of Odin don't have four different branches, so I'm not sure you'd fit in :eek:

I see you've been listening to reproduction

I wouldn't bet on it kiddo.

I personally haven't beat you, but my alliance has and your alliance has fallen. You have nothing
smiley_emoticons_baby_taptap.gif
You have jack sh*t
only thing you have is 4 alliance full of dogs who blindly follow you. Guess i really hit a nerve, lots of incoming attacks
smiley_emoticons_irre4.gif

DeletedUser54702

You have jack sh*t
only thing you have is 4 alliance full of dogs who blindly follow you. Guess i really hit a nerve, lots of incoming attacks
smiley_emoticons_irre4.gif

1 incoming attack? I don't see why i would be upset the city is about as useful as a foundling now
smiley_emoticons_kaffee2.gif

These 4 alliances have torn apart your beloved TF, without so much as a scratch. Im far more happy at that

1 incoming attack? I don't see why i would be upset the city is about as useful as a foundling now
smiley_emoticons_kaffee2.gif

These 4 alliances have torn apart your beloved TF, without so much as a scratch. Im far more happy at that
No not really buddy, you only did about a month, we can thank Synergy for that.

DeletedUser54957

This is really starting to get boring and annoying. This is a game and is meant for players to have fun so as I see it if MGGA are having fun with 4 branches then no other alliance should be able to to criticize them for playing this way even if they are getting a good old spanking.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54702

And if I stopped having fun, they can shut up about my deciding not to play anymore.

You have been on the MGGA hate bandwagon for far longer than we have criticized you for leaving.

DeletedUser54702

How many more times will i say this, i am still here, and i will go for Last Man Standing award like i do on every world i play. You just don't read my posts do you
its like i'm talking to a wall
smiley_emoticons_wallbash.gif

Calm down kiddo no need to bang your head on a wall.

By the way you really should take up dark hippolyta's offer for a hug, it sounds like you need one right now.:(

DeletedUser54192

So now you are saying that they should have gone on hugging?? When this is exactly what you guys say is ruining grepo??

They declare war on an alliance so their members don't die of boredom and then they get curbstomped by a world coalition.

Again. Case in point why small alliances don't work anymore if you want to actually win the server. The rest of the world will always find some sort of excuse or justification as to why a world coalition is justified.
Not really. Their rush to hug as soon as they formed is what ended up harming them: they claimed to be an elite alliance that could take on basically anyone, as they had effectively just shoved the biggest players from 3 branches of players into 1 team, and ditched the rest, to supposedly become the best fighting force on the server. Yet this supposedly great fighting force immediately rushed into large pacts, which caused them issues down the line.

I think my point is this: a single alliance can win if it plays its cards right. Thermopylae had ways to win (they could have won with only one pact, or probably without any pacts at all), and they screwed it up. You have to be very smart about it with 1 alliance, but it can be done. That's where most single teams end up failing - they end up stuck in hugs and are no longer the single team they were, or they bring about their own end through their arrogance about being on top.

The thing is, nothing is new or making this game great again by attempting to win with 4 branches. En95 Nagidos saw a win by an alliance with either 4 or 5 branches. En96 Olous is narrowing down to a few alliances with 3-4 branches. But on neither of those worlds did those teams claim to be doing something special or making the game great again, which is what MGGA has been claiming from the start. MGGA is not changing the game in any noticeable way, as it is similar to other big MRAs seen on other recent servers. As such, I don't believe there is any way that it is actually making grepo great again as it claims. That's my opinion, and if you want your own, fine.

vincaocao

Phrourach
So here you just gave an example of a 1 branch alliance who tried to win the world, but was teamed up on by a huge coalition so they couldn't.

This is case in point, as to why 1 branch alliances don't work, as soon as they have a chance at winning the world, a coalition forms, many times their size to screw them over.

I would like to ask the same question Noz did. When was the last time a 1 branch alliance won a server?

IIRC Triad back (recently) in en83. Granted it was conquest and higher alliance cap, there was a worldwide coalition and controversy with a single city wonder island, Grepolis had to change the game rules (Update 2.126), but anyways consider your question answered.

EDIT: Proof https://en.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/a-message-from-triad.57320/

Last edited:

DeletedUser54702

BTW you should really answer my questions and stop changing the topic.

Im really not sure what your questions even are anymore, i went back but you babble so much it's hard to find the specific post you asked these "questions".

IIRC Triad back (recently) in en83. Granted it was conquest and higher alliance cap, there was a worldwide coalition and controversy with a single city wonder island, Grepolis had to change the game rules (Update 2.126), but anyways consider your question answered.

EDIT: Proof https://en.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/a-message-from-triad.57320/

en83 was a 200 alliance cap. We would have to have 6 branches to get that many players.

If this world(en97) was a 200 cap i can almost guarantee you we wouldn't have more than 1 branch.

If that's the only world you can name where 1 branch alliance won, i think that still backs up my argument that winning with 1 branch is almost impossible anymore.

And as you just said there was a world coalition. And im sure the entire world justified it, and gave reasoning as to why it's ok.

Sorry that we (MGGA) didn't come here to be curbstomped by a huge WC.

The thing is, nothing is new or making this game great again by attempting to win with 4 branches. En95 Nagidos saw a win by an alliance with either 4 or 5 branches. En96 Olous is narrowing down to a few alliances with 3-4 branches. But on neither of those worlds did those teams claim to be doing something special or making the game great again, which is what MGGA has been claiming from the start. MGGA is not changing the game in any noticeable way, as it is similar to other big MRAs seen on other recent servers. As such, I don't believe there is any way that it is actually making grepo great again as it claims. That's my opinion, and if you want your own, fine.

I respect your opinion about it kal, but i disagree. I'll leave it at that.

vincaocao

Phrourach
en83 was a 200 alliance cap. We would have to have 6 branches to get that many players.

If this world(en97) was a 200 cap i can almost guarantee you we wouldn't have more than 1 branch.

If that's the only world you can name where 1 branch alliance won, i think that still backs up my argument that winning with 1 branch is almost impossible anymore.

And as you just said there was a world coalition. And im sure the entire world justified it, and gave reasoning as to why it's ok.

Sorry that we (MGGA) didn't come here to be curbstomped by a huge WC.

Fair enough deus vult, different worlds, different contexts, too many variables and factors in play. although I do agree that it is indeed very very difficult to win against a world coalition, it was a special case in which I mentioned above. Triad did have 2 previous crowns and is a well respected alliance in conquest.

Technically I still answered your question, though if you look at the hall of hame they had 110 + members, nowhere near the 200 limit. That is equivalent to just over 3 MGGA branches. But I don't believe they merged with any other alliance though (unlike MGGA + Synergy). If I am wrong someone correct me.

Close to impossible to win with just 1 branch in a small alliance cap revolt world (35 or even 60), as I believe cross revolting means cities are more easily taken; conquest requires you to actually hold a siege, but I'm just stating the obvious.

Not trying to argue anything, just an observer giving an answer. Probably not the best in the context of the question, but interesting nevertheless :p There is no right or wrong way to play Grepolis, some players are bound to be salty.

DeletedUser39822

I would like to ask the same question Noz did. When was the last time a 1 branch alliance won a server?

My alliance in Emporion........The Syndicate. 70 players fought the entire server and won. Ask Erik, for a moment he was leading the coalition against us.......and then Maxi.

DeletedUser54775

Not really. Their rush to hug as soon as they formed is what ended up harming them: they claimed to be an elite alliance that could take on basically anyone, as they had effectively just shoved the biggest players from 3 branches of players into 1 team, and ditched the rest, to supposedly become the best fighting force on the server. Yet this supposedly great fighting force immediately rushed into large pacts, which caused them issues down the line.

I think my point is this: a single alliance can win if it plays its cards right. Thermopylae had ways to win (they could have won with only one pact, or probably without any pacts at all), and they screwed it up. You have to be very smart about it with 1 alliance, but it can be done. That's where most single teams end up failing - they end up stuck in hugs and are no longer the single team they were, or they bring about their own end through their arrogance about being on top.

Oh well....well...well...well... I can see that our friend Kal is giving a particular spin on Thermopylae and our world in Mesembria. I respect that this is his particular opinion. However, you have to remember the following facts. He is a member of an alliance usually ranked in the 7th or 8th place. He is in the rim of the world, with no cities in the core oceans, and he is ranked between 300th and 400th.

His opinion is based on his experience on the rim and of one of playing on the margins of the world.

A single alliance can win a world or at least dominate during periods of time in settings where the caps are large. I do believe that Thermopylae will likely win this world as we a have great leadership and a good combination of defensive, offensive, and resource oriented players.

I think that one thing that Kal does not understand is that there is no "cherry-peaking". Players gravitate to alliances that are well run and with excellent leadership. Those alliances get to know who are the active players in return do not allow players who are not growing. Perhaps here is his beef as he is not with a big alliance.

It was a normal dynamic. Alliance make pacts and fight against other groups of alliances. Then the group that dominates the rest start to fight each other. In this case, our alliance was so dominant that there was no option but to have one alliance against most of the rest. This is the only way to keep the server alive. Otherwise, it would have gone dormant.

It is better this way. Our leadership is so good that even one against the rest is pretty much giving them a lesson on how to conquer cities.