The True Side Of Shadow Falls

DeletedUser

Watch out for Shadow Falls, i learned their true side today.

A few days ago they recruited The Forsaken's 2 main founders (Karnach and Rekoor), who said that they were leaving to make sure our 2 alliances had peace.

So the leader contacted me for a pact, here were the terms:
We had to support them, they would never support us
We had to attack their targets, they would never help us attack ours
We had to keep 3 spots open in our alliance so they could have members there.

I couldnt accept a pact on those terms because i didnt even think that was a real offer at first, because its not, we got nothing, then Rekoor, who left to "Protect" our alliance, revolts all my cities, when i was the one who was loyal to him and stepped up to save the alliance he founded.

I am a 1million+ point player from Theta, and i can assure you that alliances like this will never succeed in this world, because i have seen them fall in too many worlds too many times, so do not pact this alliance, fight them as they will never treat anyone fairly, they do what they want, with no respect for promises or pacts

DeletedUser

It seems this is more that you have a problem with Karnach and Rekoor, not Shadow's Fall. No players leave an alliance "to make sure 2 alliances have peace." I've heard that excuse made about 4 times, but never ended well. Old trick for active players to get out of an alliance in dangerous territory.

Alliances like Shadows Fall succeed quite well, just like Evolution in Iota. The terms above are clearly one-sided, but so is how out-matched your alliance is (4:1). Pacting with an alliance many times smaller becomes a huge liability for the larger alliance. Enemies can gain position, feed on the inactives, and start wars using the weaker alliance. At most, an alliance like Shadows Fall should have 2 pacts, unless they want to make an academy (not fun at all).

You're lucky to get a pact offer at all... and it appears you didn't even ask your players whether they'd be willing to accept such terms. Now they will face the consequences from your refusal, but more importantly, your 15-min of fame in Psi. And based on how quickly Infection, D3TH, and others fell to the top 3, you really only have 15 min left.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

slighty off topic, but since it was raised above, Theta's Alliance X does not make such demands of our pacted allies.

DeletedUser

that could be true Waldo... I just deleted mention of AX since I didn't have first-hand knowledge in that case.

also off-topic, I forgot that the author of this thread previously called having a Christmas tree in the Agora "racism" LMAO

http://forum.grepolis.net/showthread.php?t=14451

DeletedUser13729

The topics name is misleading .

Gl with the war and try to give them a good fight.

DeletedUser

That's quite funny. They pact offer sounds a bit like the silly abuse-system Age of Enlightenment advertises in his profile, where he wants smaller players to help him grow :D

"This is a war game, not sim city. I may stop my attacks if you can offer me something worthwhile, but seeing as I'm only interested in resources, BP, and more cities; you'll be lucky to make it onto my list of tributaries."

"I often engage in city exchanging so if you happen to see a city I own titled 'City giveaway' and you're interested: send me a message with an offer. I can colonize city spots for a reasonable amount of resources and BP as well."

DeletedUser

Well if you are in an alliance that can offer nothing for a pact you have to look at how you will be of assistance...

The offer your were given was sound. If you consider that you would be pact with one of the top alliances in the server and thus be able to proceed accordingly. If you expect equality when you have jack to offer then we'll take your cities and call it even...

DeletedUser

It seems this is more that you have a problem with Karnach and Rekoor, not Shadow's Fall. No players leave an alliance "to make sure 2 alliances have peace." I've heard that excuse made about 4 times, but never ended well. Old trick for active players to get out of an alliance in dangerous territory.

Alliances like Shadows Fall succeed quite well, just like Evolution in Iota. The terms above are clearly one-sided, but so is how out-matched your alliance is (4:1). Pacting with an alliance many times smaller becomes a huge liability for the larger alliance. Enemies can gain position, feed on the inactives, and start wars using the weaker alliance. At most, an alliance like Shadows Fall should have 2 pacts, unless they want to make an academy (not fun at all).

You're lucky to get a pact offer at all... and it appears you didn't even ask your players whether they'd be willing to accept such terms. Now they will face the consequences from your refusal, but more importantly, your 15-min of fame in Psi. And based on how quickly Infection, D3TH, and others fell to the top 3, you really only have 15 min left.

lol nice reply

A few days ago they recruited The Forsaken's 2 main founders (Karnach and Rekoor), who said that they were leaving to make sure our 2 alliances had peace.

I couldnt accept a pact on those terms because i didnt even think that was a real offer at first, because its not, we got nothing, then Rekoor, who left to "Protect" our alliance, revolts all my cities, when i was the one who was loyal to him and stepped up to save the alliance he founded.

I am a 1million+ point player from Theta, and i can assure you that alliances like this will never succeed in this world, because i have seen them fall in too many worlds too many times, so do not pact this alliance, fight them as they will never treat anyone fairly, they do what they want, with no respect for promises or pacts

SF is a great alliance. You may be a Million point player on theta but you should have accepted the offer. I am a 1.6 million point player on epsilon and if I was in your shoes I would have taken that offer. If you read beyond your offensive claims about the terms of the pact you might have been able to see that it was a pact that Guarantees us not being obligated to attack or support.

That doesn't mean people wouldn't if asked. Especially because based on the terms you will be attacking similar targets as them. People tend to become friends when this happens. You should know this being a 1 million point player.

Just some advice :pro:

DeletedUser

hey rygarr. u think i could have the same pact u offered them? :p

DeletedUser

Come to think about it, the terms of Atlantic League's pact with THE DEATH CRUSADERS in Iota negotiated in Nov 2010 were harsher:

1) we would support their players in our ocean if attacked (if needed).
2) we would fight with them against one common enemy and any other alliances TDC was at war with. we would share any potential pacts ahead of time.
3) we would not recruit their former players or anyone in their main oceans.
4) we would not intervene if they attacked our other allies.
5) we would not take in any refugees

Atlantic League was 1:6 smaller than THE DEATH CRUSADERS at the time. There were lots of disputes, drunken debacles ;) , and claim resolution but AL backed down as much as possible to make it work. Instead of bickering, we proved ourselves worthy to fight alongside in battle and became long-time friends. The original requirements melted away quickly by earning their respect first.

And a year later we are both ranked in top 5 in Iota. Those are good terms because the game is what you make of it.

DeletedUser

1) I never asked You to take over the alliance.
2) I never asked You to get all of the people in The Forsaken killed, by declining the pact offer, which You probably only got because of Karnach.

I'm sick and tired of being blamed for this war. You blamed me for running away, when it gave You lot a ceasefire with SF. You blame me for the war, that You could've prevented. You only got the chance for peace, because of the people, that You blame for turning their back on The Forsaken. You really do amaze me!

3) I didn't revolt all of Your cities.. I only revolted one, then I took it.
4) I am going to revolt them all, though, and take them. :supermad:

DeletedUser

2) I never asked You to get all of the people in The Forsaken killed, by declining the pact offer, which You probably only got because of Karnach.

I'm sick and tired of being blamed for this war. You blamed me for running away, when it gave You lot a ceasefire with SF. You blame me for the war, that You could've prevented. You only got the chance for peace, because of the people, that You blame for turning their back on The Forsaken. You really do amaze me!

lol + rep for point 4

DeletedUser

Stop saying that you saved it, ok just stop, i dont care what you think you did, but leaving an alliance never does anything good for it, ive seen this promise from 1000 different players 1000 different times (im leaving to save it, ill still be loyal to it and help it grow, just stop ok, i know your lying because ive seen it before, clearly you have no care for the alliance so just stop spewing bs.

Im probably going to quit the world and leave the alliance because of you, it will probably fall into turmoil but who cares anymore, clearly you dont.

DeletedUser

Stop saying that you saved it, ok just stop, i dont care what you think you did, but leaving an alliance never does anything good for it, ive seen this promise from 1000 different players 1000 different times (im leaving to save it, ill still be loyal to it and help it grow, just stop ok, i know your lying because ive seen it before, clearly you have no care for the alliance so just stop spewing bs.

Im probably going to quit the world and leave the alliance because of you, it will probably fall into turmoil but who cares anymore, clearly you dont.

well, if it's you who has been making the calls all 1000 times, then I know why..

To the rest of your crap, all I have to say is:

Yea.. aha.. ok. Bye.

DeletedUser

actually sometimes a guy leaving works, roco from our alliance left and joined the enemy 3 days later we had a merge and are now in the top 6. So it seems more a case of you passed up a perfectly good pact and are now whining on forums about being hit have a bit of honer at least and admit you could have made this a lot easier for yourself

DeletedUser

I think the point he failed to realize the whole time is the fact that there was a point to the pact being lopsided at first.

Who does it truly benefit? You guys

So I think our leadership did a pretty good job at an attempt to make it worth while for our aggressive members. I am sure they looked forward to working with you and knew that would be the only way in justifying it.

You still don't acknowledge this but instead turn a blind eye and post about what seems like more of a soap opera dialogue. You just can't get past the fact that they left. It happens and you should know this and be a pro at dealing with it having a million points on another server.

DeletedUser

actually i think the fact that he failed to realize is the long term of good that this pact would of done. he thought of the short term and pride got the best of him. as a leader and/or diplomat u must look at the long term solutions for ur alliance and not just the short terms. long story short: u would have a long term pact with a very good alliance who actually gave u an offer instead of destroying u first bc they could have if they wanted to and u would be able to grow and work with them rather against them. TBH i would have taken that pact offer if i were in ur position but i guess thats just me.

DeletedUser

I wish authors of these things would at least fess up to it. I dont mind the - rep but at least claim your work so we may discuss it ingame :)

The True Side Of Shadow... 10.10.11 03:13 Youre a LAMO BRO!!!! Bad offers equal bad endings