The Unit

DeletedUser

I did not say they were lying. I said that they are trying to keep morale high. There is a significant difference, and putting false words into someone's mouth is a sign of a weak argument. They have never outright claimed that they were winning the war, nor have they said they are losing. They chose to remain undecided until the conflict is over.

If their members wish to know the statistics of any given conflict, they have several ways to go it: Grepostats, which rarely lies; their own alliance profile page, which shows gains and losses; and they have the wonderful people of The Unit filling this forum with updated stats.

And who said the war was over? Last I checked, Alpha was still fighting and conquering cities, and the only person who is saying the war is over is you. And don't give me the usual response that they only conquer inactives, because every alliance is guilty of the very same thing, including your very own The Unit.

DeletedUser18993

Hypothetically, if someone in The Unit posted that Alpha was ahead in the takeovers (be it true or not), I am sure that your leaders would remove it right away.

Actually dark, I seriously doubt this would happen. More likely than not, we would get a MM from our leaders chewing us out for having our heads up our... rear ends, and then motivating us to get busy and start acting in accordance to our name--as a unit.

Now, is Alpha winning or losing the war (or still on the fence)? Personally, it seems to me that Alpha is in a rather tight spot at the moment. BS is becoming more involved now that D3th has been defeated, Maelstrom has now merged with TU and we can now coordinate our offensive much easier with our allies. Now, I'm not sure what support Alpha is getting in this war, but it appears that you are quickly becoming outnumbered and outmaneuvered.

Is the war over? Certainly not, and far from it! If your leadership has accomplished one thing, it is keeping your spirits up even while things look bleak. Unfortunately, pride in one's alliance and good morale doesn't win wars--otherwise TU would have won long ago!

As a final parting thought, all alliances consume their own inactives. It is important to keep these points and cities within one's alliance to prevent enemies from taking a foothold in their territory. It is quite another thing to target nothing but enemy inactives (exaggeration, I know--you sometimes target some weaker/exposed members). TU has conquered some enemy inactives, but we also have taken many cities from your largest and most active players. If Alpha ever manages to do the same, I must admit that I would be incredibly surprised.

Regardless, the real battle will take place in game, and not between individuals on the external forums with a knack for twisting the truth. My only suggestion here is that Alpha avoid self deception: if your members actually realize their predicament they might actually put up a serious fight; those who are backed into a corner either chose to lay down and die, or fight tooth and nail for survival--you can hope that Alpha falls into the latter category.

DeletedUser

The facts of this war are simply, due to the the great distance between us it took a long time for TU to move south and to be in range. Notice I said TU moved south, Alpha sat there and waited for us to attack them (weak leadership 101).

When we began attacking them they went on the defence and turned all their troops to defence which as anybody who has ever been in a major war in any other world would know doesn't work (more weak leadership).

As we started taking their cities and rather than trying to fight back and regain control of their territory they started to take weak and inactive cities and targeted isolated Maelstrom cities further south. Now as we had already moved an ocean to fight them and as we were quickly eating up their territory surly it was obvious that running would not work as we would have no problem following them (weak leadership).

They sit and watch stats to see which TU players go inactive and pick them as targets. There are two major problems with using this tactic 1) TU are a very active alliance so inactive members are few and far between and 2) if your going to take inactive members inside your enemies territory and not use them as a launch pad to attack your enemy then what is the point? (you guessed it weak leadership).

When you get to the stage where you have to try and fool yourself and your troops into thinking losing 5 active cities and conquering 1 enemy inactive is some kind of victory you may as well hit the deactivate button because your *** is grass. Now before anybody jumps on me for been cocky I am not trying to claim we are winning this war due to my leadership but it is due to the commitment of every council member in TU. We lead by example, the leaders from day 1 have been the most active players in this war, while Alphas leaders done nothing but request support as the bleed cities.

Now MOG I ask you where is the fun for your men? The little kids who watched Clash of the Titans and joined this game to fight, now because your leadership has failed them they have nothing to do but sit and read forum post after forum post of their own leaders begging for help. Your great Alpha of Alpha the former number one player of this world (in points only of course) is a little rich kids who spends too much time building his CP with tons of gold and not enough time doing his job.

I took a city from him this morning, a city which he conquered from an inactive almost 3 months ago. It had a level 7 cave, a theatre (this city was right on the edge of enemy territory) and no tower. Any good player in this game can read how good another player is by how he builds his city so I will say no more about that and let you all judge him for yourselves. Tough ask yourselves would you follow this man?

Ohenry and W*arms defected not because they are traitors but because they were bored. Did Alpha leadership ever stop to consider why you have so many inactives to conquer to keep up with all that gold and theatre plays and city festivals Spiller is spending? Its because your players are bored, your a boring alliance. You have no game plan, you have no tactics and you haven't got the ability to do a self assessment.

Rather than blame me and say things like I am playing the propaganda game by stating facts, why not take a step back and looking at how your alliance is been run. I have said it before and I will say it again something needs to change in your council. I'm not sure what the problem is but it would seem to me to be one of two things. Either your council is a bunch of yes men and agree with everything Spiller says or he doesn't listen to his council and they are afraid to stand up to him. Whatever the case maybe it is my honest opinion that Alpha cannot win this war with its current leaders left running the alliance.

DeletedUser

And those leaders were exactly the reason why I jumped over to The Unit.
Murtius said, it already, I don't think I have to add anything ot that?
Now I already expect MOG of replying that I'm kissing Murtius' butt, but everybody who can read and check stats knows he's right.

DeletedUser

I fought against the original Alpha in Theta and it seems that Spiller did nothing to better his alliance from the alliance it was in Theta, it is coming to the same demise here that it came to in Theta, poor leadership, poor choce in targets and turtaling up and trying to defend. Although they seem a little better here, they have actually taken a single city (weather it be active on not) from TU which seems like it is the Alliance X of Omnicorn and managed make mael (Omnicorns equivalent of Thetas AAB) think it was a good idea to merge with TU, they will come to the same end as they did in Theta.

DeletedUser

Then I retract my statement. I did not consider that type of motivation would have a positive effect. It is in contrast to the assumption that positive reinforcement encourages good behavior.

I can't speak for MOG. I will not say that you (W*Arms) are kissing anyone's butt, but I have to agree with you that you didn't need to say anything else.

DeletedUser

I know, I just felt like responding:)

Dark, which alliance are you discussing here for?

DeletedUser

First off, please do not take my responses directed to your posts in any negative way, they are not personal. Secondly, perhaps I just enjoy engaging people in the art of debate. I have noticed that even though this topic is called "The Unit", there are a lot of cheap shots aimed toward Alpha. I am merely trying to provide balance to this thread.

I have noticed that some of these "discussions" have turned into acts of merely insulting the other party, resulting in further insults being added. Not just between Alpha vs. The Unit, but in many other threads. I believe that the conflicts in Omicron are so much more grand and complicated than just "Murtius is mean" or "Spiller is a girl", (neither of which I believe to be true, by the way).

It was once said that Omicron has become one of the most exciting and conflict ravaged worlds, with most, if not all, of the top 10 alliances in a war with one of the others. It is a shame that the some of the recent postings have reduced these major struggles to minor name calling.

DeletedUser

Well the great war of the three green alliances against D3TH + acad, Alpha +acad and the defiled alliances is almost over.

D3TH already lost, Alpha is crumbling from the inside.
I get messages of people screaming to get out daily.

Defiled forest will surely lose once they're on their own against the full attack force of TU and BS.

But you're right, this is not to discuss the war between Alpha and TU.
So I'll make a new thread, called The Unit versus Alpha!

DeletedUser

, including your very own The Unit.

Every alliance is guilty of taking inactives. But only the crappiest are guilty of TARGETTING inactives.

Unlike Alpha We've taken cities from your leaders. Several infact. IT doesn't go both ways though.

DeletedUser

So people of Alpha, do you guys see how much you're losing to the #1 alliance in Omi?

DeletedUser

Right now we are losing yes however, just because right now we are doesn't mean we WILL lose things can change. Anyway you wern't really part of them being No.1 you just jumped ship and spied for TU and I'm sure that if TU go behind you will attempt to join alpha, that isn't how a REAL player plays the game even a newb like me knows that. Also you were dishonest to players who you should have been loyal to and who helped you.

-Durm.

DeletedUser

I will all explain to you via PM durm, I'm not talking those matters in the external forums Durm.

DeletedUser

Right now we are losing yes however, just because right now we are doesn't mean we WILL lose things can change. Anyway you wern't really part of them being No.1 you just jumped ship and spied for TU and I'm sure that if TU go behind you will attempt to join alpha, that isn't how a REAL player plays the game even a newb like me knows that. Also you were dishonest to players who you should have been loyal to and who helped you.

-Durm.

Somehow, I doubt W*Arms regrets switching alliances.

DeletedUser

I really don't I love the BP Alpha gave ma and I love the trust TU has in me and the support my brothers give to me.
I never called anyone in Alpha brother, but I see all of TU as if they're my brothers.
One big family, together with BLACK SEA:)

DeletedUser

-Durm.

Sadly mate I don't see how things can change, given how quickly you are losing members and cities there seems to be little chance of a come back. However I can assure you we would welcome the challenge if it did happen.

As for W*arms I certain if Alpha did turn things around he would die with the rest of us. He is a player of honour and did not jump ship because TU were winning but because TU were in the right. He was feed the same lies that the rest of Alpha were but unlike many others he could see threw them.

DeletedUser

this is no way of conducting yourself rush. Tu is the best alliance and is bound to win. alphan freaks will scream to their end.