The World Wonders

DeletedUser53868

Ok, lets talk about World Wonders.

We are around 4.5M points until the world wonders, which means that in less than a week, we will be building them, unless some big alliance disbands.

Who are the main contenders? Who will play as spoiler? Analysis those things. Oh, I was almost forgetting, no trash talk please.

My analysis:

Non sunt dii: EPIDEMIC merged into the old NSD. Probably the number 1 contenders. Has two cores, the old EPI's, and the old NSD's core. They are good fighters, lets see what they can do.

TF-LB: The merge between True Fear and Lost Boys, criticised strategy, but this is where the builders and simmers really "dominate". Can we do it? Still has the alliance Lost Boys, which can help building those WWs

HHHHH (Hydra's Hooligans + 4H + 4.1H + 4.2H) Woah! Numbers are on their side, is quality and activity there as well?
Everyone knows that Four Horsemen are not an active team, how can they help Hydras?
I think they will try to build something, but they will fail and then, they will play as spoilers.

Transient Drifters: Everyone knows them, right? But honestly, I doubt they will do more than probably play as spoilers, but who knows?

Death Before Dishonor: Another spoiler in my opinion, they assumed they were going to try to build WWs, but their core ocean is not even close to fully controlled. Lets see.

Nocturnos: Nope. Just nope. They would have a solid core if ocean 34 wasn't completely digged by TF-LB and Transient Drifters.
Even if they get 7 islands closed, they have loads of players from other alliances nearby. And everyone knows that they are WAY more defensive then offensive, so they won't even try sabotages.

:rolleyes:

DeletedUser53868

It seems the three competitors were revealed, the interesting is that every competitor alliance had its origin on a merge.

- Non sunt dii - Absorbed EPIDEMIC
- TF-LB: Merge between True Fear and Lost Boys
- Interlude: Merge between Transient Drifters and Hydra's Hooligans

This will be interesting
smiley_emoticons_grepo_pacman.gif

DeletedUser52759

I don't know if I would call TF-LB a merge, they had been living together for a long time. It was essentially a common law alliance.

DeletedUser54055

I think all alliances will have a roughly equal amount of res supply either due to having large players with fully optimised cities or a huge player base to get res from. All contenders will probably have 75 players to speed up the ww so that should be equal. (NSD has an edge because more points in alliance = more temples).
I think that unless a ww is broken ( I can feel there's gonna be a huge dbd op on a ww island soon probably NSD ww since they seem to be the punching bag). The winner will be the alliance with better leadership and better/more active players -it's the time for all the people that crap talk in the forums to back their stuff up *cough* jameslongst *cough*.
Whatever happens I hope the best alliance wins gl to all :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser53868

I think all alliances will have a roughly equal amount of res supply either due to having large players with fully optimised cities or a huge player base to get res from. All contenders will probably have 75 players to speed up the ww so that should be equal. (NSD has an edge because more points in alliance = more temples).
I think that unless a ww is broken, the winner will be the alliance with better leadership and better/more active players

All said. Lets go, good luck to all of you!

DeletedUser54146

I think that unless a ww is broken ( I can feel there's gonna be a huge dbd op on a ww island soon probably NSD ww since they seem to be the punching bag). The winner will be the alliance with better leadership and better/more active players -it's the time for all the people that **** talk in the forums to back their stuff up *cough* jameslongst *cough*.
Are you getting that cough like GP had?
Wait, has WW's started? Taking a break for semster finals...unless WW age have started.

DeletedUser28198

So I read someplace that you can't rotate players in and out of your alliance in WW's. So that means if you don't start there you won't get a crown right?

By that logic, every top alliance going for WW's [Besides DBD] has a slave alliance (sometimes 2) working for them, who aren't going to get anything for it.

I'm surprised there isn't already an underground railroad forming to make a new alliance and compete for the crown. Or go to a top alliance who has empty space.

Ahr-Ex

Phrourach
That is the rumor I heard too. Has anyone ever tried to recruit a slave alliance and actually get them to do your bidding? It is not as easy as it sounds. LOL

DeletedUser54055

That is the rumor I heard too. Has anyone ever tried to recruit a slave alliance and actually get them to do your bidding? It is not as easy as it sounds. LOL
From the pov of a rim alliance being a slave alliance doesn't sound that bad. Most rim alliances are being eaten up by alliances going for ww's anyway. Becoming a slave alliance means a ceasfire/NAP- a chance to grow faster than other rim alliances and although they won't get a crown they'll get some credit which is better than nothing I guess.

DeletedUser23146

Wasn't there also a rather recent change in the code that doesn't allow players who's been in the alliance for less than 7 days not able to donate to the WW's?

Edit: Further searching has found me this:
https://en.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/update-to-version-2-123.58532/

[...]There now is a 72-hour donation cooldown for new alliance members. This is to prevent alliances from inviting players solely to accumulate more donations and favor for their World Wonders.[/...]

DeletedUser28198

Its not that hard Ahr, you just find an alliance named EPIDEMIC and, well there you go.

NSD continues to ask DBD to do their bidding. Which they've been asking us to do since before EPI was a merge candidate. It kinda comes off as nervous. But, NSD is twice our size, so probably just looking for a boost.

Drifters also wanted to bid with DBD, and they were pretty kind about it. But when we said no they went down the list to the next candidate, HH, and hence we have Interlude.

The only bidding I want to do is on Inno Games so we can fix Grepolis. Can't the whole community just vote unanimously to get rid of wonders? I don't think I've met somebody in all the time I've played who actually enjoys world wonders. Its pretty dismal to think about.

Ranga1

Strategos
I hope the contenders have a good ww coordinator! You better be ready, the fate of the world could depend on the smallest of margins! I still think stalemate, even though nsd are a large chunk ahead, that large chunk is a long way from their ww sites! Other 2 contenders have closer cores and have good chance of finishing a few provided they know the right strategy!

DeletedUser28198

I only have the 4 page long message between us discussing why DBD needs to join up so we can defeat NSD. I'm all in for defeating NSD. I was kinda hoping I could point you guys in a direction that made some sense though. But I had to give up when the Drifters plan was to get Drifters, DBD, HH, and 4H into a super alliance. It goes without saying, we didn't want to join.

I didn't want to post this because Exorcistul is actually a very nice fellow from what I've seen. But super alliances can't speak with their own voice.
image.jpg

If there was ever a good use for NSD's second core in o54, this would probably be it.

Ahr-Ex

Phrourach
I only have the 4 page long message between us discussing why DBD needs to join up so we can defeat NSD. I'm all in for defeating NSD. I was kinda hoping I could point you guys in a direction that made some sense though. But I had to give up when the Drifters plan was to get Drifters, DBD, HH, and 4H into a super alliance. It goes without saying, we didn't want to join.

Hey, how come we didn't get invited! You know we love to cuddle! Oh, wait. Maybe we did. Let me check with my co-founders.... BRB.

DeletedUser51423

Keep it clean guys. Personal insults, and frankly unimaginative ones just wont be tolerated. Any more and infractions will be issued.