Theta Is Dying, Reborn!!!

• Thread starter DeletedUser14492
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser14492

WOW... Cronus closed a thread in which the players of Theta were voicing their concerns and airing ideas to save Theta... here is his quote...

sigh....

No one has listened to what me and Gordopolis has said.

This isnt about what your opinion on having the world reopen recruitment means... The arguing posts (and we said we would listen to ideas to help new players into the world without getting creamed by larger players and alliances) have only said mods are wrong and players are right without using an actual intellectual argument. We dont run off of opinions but facts.

its not about you guys attacking players with 300 points... but players with 3000 points... or 6000 points when they get their cities large enough. All that will happen is they build their cities up just for others to take them when they get big enough.

I think its awesome that the admins are willing to listen to IDEAS but it seems people dont have any. As such I will close this thread but will accept pms with ideas from this point. Since this thread is just turning into a whining staff are wrong thread with no real contribution.

Actually Cronus, it is YOU who are not listening... as clearly evidenced by your heavy handed closure of an active thread. Are we not allowed to post opinions you dont like?

AMAZING, I really never took much notice of people who critisised the mods for their heavy handed approach, but seems they were correct.

Many people have posted in the closed thread clearly explaining WHY new players would not be conquerd as your OPINION seems so certain of... for someone who says they only deal in facts it is hillarious that you have ignored the logic being posted in favour of your own OPINION.

YOU have stated that recruitment cannot be opened because new players would be rimmed... yet when we explain why that wont happen you just say we are whining at you? NO we are explaining why the logic you are saying is keeping Theta closed, is actually flawed...

We are NOT bothered about 3000 point or 6000 point cities of players with only a hand full of cities to their name, they represent absolutely NO threat to us or our alliances... Almost every alliance is at war, and active players are at a premium... yet you STILL ignor the voices of the very players you say would be the sharks eating up the small fish... telling you they will NOT and using intelectual arguments cleary explaining why.

Intelect is lacking according to Cronus, which seems like a back handed insult to the players basically saying HE is more intelligent than us and none of your opinions are intelectual enough to count. Sad to see from a mod. Text can be missinterpreted so I hope I am wrong, but seems to me the person whining the most here is Cronus, not the players.

Amazing, a simply amazing feat of censorship of the views of the established players, who have given plenty of ideas on how to protect new players from the mystical magical destruction you are so sure awaits them if recruitment is reopened on a dying world. Have you actually read the thread you closed and the others with similar voices and ideas? If you read carefully there are plenty of good ideas.

Ev

ps, I look forward to my infraction, at least this time you guys may have a reason, unlike last time when I got a warning for posting a few smiley faces, about 5 to be precise lol... pathetic ego trip or what, power corrupts thats for sure, I pitty you.

Please everyone, continue the logical fight, post your ideas and opinions. Maybe see you folks after my infraction perhaps, if I have not died of boredom watching Thetas population fall :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8790

I agree, Thread should not have been closed, However I do see the problem, Inno will not make changes for just one world, i do not think that is possible, They would have to implement on all worlds, Maybe "Cronus" can verify this?

DeletedUser

This cenorship is !! This is why everyone is on skype! This whole forum has become a sick joke run by the mods who are basically the only people using them! the only reason I continue to post here is because I have put in a lot of time into this game (Theta) and didnt want to lose it. But it seems this is the way it's gonna be. This game will never see another penny from me! Even if I do decide to join a hero world with my pals. Inno has shown there true colors they have disappointed a lot of there long time players.

DeletedUser14492

Sure I think they would have to implement it on all worlds, reopen them all up... which is no problem for me... a quick brows through a couple of the other worlds nearing the 1000 player mark shows there are others that feel as we do.

Quite why they insist on opening so many new worlds is beyond me when there are thousands of players happy on existing one. From a customer service point of view, surely they should look after their core fans, the long time players... rather than close the worlds we have invested so much time and effort in.

Its sad. When Theta closes I will be unlikely to start again properly, maybe I will but I doubt I will be playing like I do now, with dedication and passion for my alliance and Theta. I would be doing it more to keep in touch with good friends I have made. Maybe its time for real life to receive more of my dedication and passion.

Ev

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Cronus closed the original thread and I stand by his reasons. Look at this "redux" of the old thread, 2/4 posts are complaints. If you have a solid idea on how to save an old world head on over to the Ideas section and post it properly.

DeletedUser

Look the reasoning thats needed to reopen theta was asked for by the admins.

They did not ask anyone IF THEY thought the world should be re-opened. They asked HOW THEY COULD MAKE IT FAIR TO NEW PLAYERS to join this world.

I have explained this numerous times but some of the people here feel they know better than the admins do. If they ask you a specific question its not so you can blow the question off and say thats a stupid and not needed question.

As Callin said they will have to do it across all servers not just this one. So crawl out of your hole eventine and stop your anti mod crusade and actually contribute something to this argument thats actually something other than "power mad mods who power mad on their power mad.

You wonder why they keep opening up new worlds? easy answer.. and this answer came down from the top when I asked about that as well.

Each world server can only handle so much traffic. So on spd 1 worlds they can handle say 10k players. On speed 2 worlds since the world is twice as fast it can handle 5k players. spd 3 worlds 3333.33333 players. Once this cap is reached they close the world so as not to overload the server. This starts the world on its eventual course. Players WILL leave. I have already given this info out which you obviously couldnt read from that pedestal you stand upon.

If they reopen theta for more players... then they have to open all the worlds. Your excuse of oh well I wont attack a new player is a tad brown and smells of manure as this will not just be in this world but others. You have and others in the other post AFTER being told to come up with ideas have said... I dont need an idea for this as its just a power tripping mod trying to keep the brother down and I wont attack a noob so if I say I wont I know no one else in this world will.

Since it was failed to give ideas in the thread I left alone as a favor to players for the most part for the ideas themselves that is why I closed it. Reopening this thread just hurt you further after I clearly stated in the previous thread that you could pm me the ideas... or make an ideas thread in the ideas section on how to help out new players against having players with 126 cities take a shine to them when they get big enough. If you would have pmed me and talked to me like a mature person instead of saying that I am claiming to be more intelligent than the posters (which clearly shows I guess you were right about my intellect over at least one) and put in some decent arguments I would have possibly re-opened the thread. Now however the chance of it reopening just got a lot smaller. My pm box is always open... just post maturely and without the attitude and I will definately get back to you. If you fail on either end then I will just delete the pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.