Thinking of starting a newspaper

DeletedUser

Since we don't actually have many of them and most are pretty irregular or the ones we have, were posted by people no longer active, I thought I'd maybe get one going.

I'd look to be running interviews with top alliance leaders, top pointers (points/ABP) and other general opinion based columns.

Since I'd need some communication with more and more people to achieve this, I'm trying to get people in game to commit a little to this. Nothing too much, just general comments here and there ofc :)

What do you guys think and what else do you lot want to see in a newspaper on these forums?

Opinions are very much needed, cheers!

DeletedUser22423

I like the idea of the newspapers, and they are always fun. However it appears as to me that every server I have played on the newspaper has been the kiss of death to the player who writes it as soon after, the player who is running it tends to get rimmed by someone upset over an article or interview in the newspaper.

If you do run a newspaper, I would love to see some original grepolis related artwork or comics from players on the server featured as I have yet to see that in any papers that I have seen.

DeletedUser

Well I for one aint scared of a rimming, but to be honest I will be trying not to people off with anything. No point in doing so, just to never be able to speak to them again etc.

The artwork/ comic thing is something I'd not thought of. I could run comics (done by contributors since I suck) or artwork of the week I guess.

DeletedUser

Your practically just copying Itchy's idea , ihate him the most but he had already come up with this

DeletedUser30111

I'd love to see a newspaper here, most worlds have them, Troy should too, and with Itchy gone it'd be cool for someone to take up the helm. Let me know if you need help with this idea.

DeletedUser

Your practically just copying Itchy's idea , ihate him the most but he had already come up with this

I wouldn't say copying him, since he was probably copying someone from another server long ago (these type of newspapers appear on every server almost) but yeah... He had the original on this server. He's not around anymore though, so someone might as well pick it up, hey? :)

DeletedUser

I wouldn't say copying him, since he was probably copying someone from another server long ago (these type of newspapers appear on every server almost) but yeah... He had the original on this server. He's not around anymore though, so someone might as well pick it up, hey? :)

I guess , haha , you mgith want to say thx because without me you wouldnt have this role when we conquered Itchy

DeletedUser

I guess , haha , you mgith want to say thx because without me you wouldnt have this role when we conquered Itchy

lol!

Well I guess thanks? :p

Edit - As long as you don't call us lot an MRA again ofc... Grr!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Please we need a newspaper it is a must. This forum is practically dead without one.

DeletedUser

I agree we do need a newspaper, I prefer the USA TODAY but a grepo one would be great can I get it delivered :p

DeletedUser11965

Since we don't actually have many of them and most are pretty irregular or the ones we have, were posted by people no longer active, I thought I'd maybe get one going.

I'd look to be running interviews with top alliance leaders, top pointers (points/ABP) and other general opinion based columns.

Since I'd need some communication with more and more people to achieve this, I'm trying to get people in game to commit a little to this. Nothing too much, just general comments here and there ofc :)

What do you guys think and what else do you lot want to see in a newspaper on these forums?

Opinions are very much needed, cheers!

Please do.

DeletedUser

Alrighty, I'll be starting up a newspaper pretty soon then.

It will have: Opinions, artwork/cartoons (looking for contributors), polls and some other stuff.

If anyone wants to volunteer anything straight away, contact me here or in game :)

DeletedUser

Thats surely will be interesting to read. Already waiting for first release