Thoughts on OSG

Lugosi

Strategos
All I can say is OSG made a bad mistake kicking me :D RotI accepted me and overtime I have simmed my way to rank 11 in 37 at 230k. Chances are I wouldn't of been able to do that with out RotI/PF but still. Also mail me in-game if you know me; this is my second world atm and tbf I have no idea whats happening apart from my own objective which is setting up my retirement world :D. OSG were okay when I was with them; not amazing like some alliances in other worlds but they did enough to maintain their rank but they seemed to be more occupied with getting mods kicked out their job because they banned one of OSGs players for a "biased/non-conforming reason" but I should hope they resolved their conflict without too much embarrasment.

DeletedUser

Same, I remember you, but again not directly. You playing Eps again? You should really join the Exiles. GD was a friend of yours right?

I havn't played the game since i logged out many many months ago. Didn't even check to see who took what and how long it took for peeps to realise id quit. I started an account last week on the newest world but only to see if i could be bothered getting back into things, log in a couple times a day. I might come back, though not sure if i can be started starting from scratch again. From top 10 in the world to top x thousand doesnt sound to appealing but we'll see.

And hey sparkz, i remember your name but cant remember why.

DeletedUser

I played Iota when you were in duuk, and you may have saw me in Eps at some point.

DeletedUser

Is a freestyle going to go down with the ship or alos merge into the Exiles? They still have 98 players left.

I left a couple of days ago, but when i had left, FreeSCV had just come back, and freestyle is staying until the end

Also, to everyone complaining that they cant fight, you might notice that they have more BP then The Exiles and Sarissa, and they have just 300k less than A&R, which is less then the combined BP of capital and Uncle daler, who left just recently

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This is sad news indeed!

I knew Free well in my cloudy epsi days - we never fought on the same side though but we never fought against each other either.

Whoever says OSG were simply an MRA couldn't be more wrong. They were the epitome of an MRA - more than any MRA before it - they were present on nearly all worlds and were never able to be killed. Many alliances tried and all failed to wipe them out.

Thy saw no shame in founding cities, eating ghost and preying on the weak - but at the same time they always were brae enough to constantly and consistently rage against the top alliances and players.

FreeSCV is one of a kind as anyone who knew him can atest to. He was a great personality for epsilon and when active was completely ruthless in his attacks - and remember they spawned OSG two - which became The Swarm.

If any of you were part of OSG then remember - You're an osg'er for life ;)

DeletedUser

OSG before Free went were one of the best alliances in my mind. they could organise a bolt party on one player not only in OSG, but in every alliance across Epsilon until the player couldn't take it anymore. there is a bunch of other reasons like free's amazing way to rile an alliance, but I can't be bothered going into them lol.

DeletedUser

Okay, as it's been a fair while since i posted properly & actually played, I'll go off what i currently know.

OSG gets written off the majority of the time as a MRA with a leader that live's in a land of total bliss. It also gets written off as having incredibly bad players who have decided to look after their ocean, untill we can move in.

However, the simple fact that the alliance stands to this day, proved that the leader for OSG, actually did something right.

He may not of actually won any wars by brute force, or entirely wiped the enemy off the map, but he was smart enough to work his way through diplomacy and hard work.

That fact alone showed that he has indefinetly worked hard to keep his alliance from falling apart.

It is also said that the alliance shelters smaller players, who have joined to gain experince from the alliance and it's leader.

Now we cannot argue the fact, that we have all at some point within this game, started in a similar alliance, at some point or another.

But it has to be shown, that yes the alliance isn't rated for it's battles, but at least it's stood the test of time, one for which some alliance's haven't yet managed to achieve.

~X

DeletedUser1405

Correct me if i am wrong but on checking the rankings OSG doesnt exist anymore and if they have changed their name it was for a reason so they havent been round for a while looking along these lines.

DeletedUser

The thread was the thoughts on OSG. My comment at the time, you are correct was meant for at this moment, but i did also say that i would go on what i currently knew.

I did not know that OSG had finished.

Nicely pointed out Mike.

~X

DeletedUser

OSG was dead a long time ago. I offered to help them out but they never asked.

DeletedUser

Ya, OSG moved to Upsilon and have already destroyed 1 alliance... There not an MRA there thats for sure.

DeletedUser

Can't have been a good alliance they destroyed in upsilon most of the osg guys there only have a couple of cities so not really a big achievement imo good on them for not being an MRA seems like there learning finally

DeletedUser

Acmilan4 I think it was

and is it strange that AC04 pokes his nose in as soon as he's mentioned :p

he was talking of me :) and alexander come join me on ocean 31 i just started back a couple of weeks ago