Thoughts On The New Farming System?

DeletedUser41523

What does everyone think of the new farming system?

DeletedUser16512

i have very mixed feelings about it yes the villages gives out more resources as a whole but BP is going to be a killer lv'ing up the villages with moral active as well, will this slow down the start of WW? time will tell

DeletedUser41523

Yeah i'm sitting at 3 cities and now found a use for Olympic games. I like the update though. Slows down growth a bit at the start which probably helps the newer players not get picked apart and gives them a chance to figure the game out. I hope it does extend the game though, because right now its a few months of fun, 2 months of internals and super pacting, WW, then wars of inactivity.

DeletedUser38414

I like that in Grepo something new XD.
And actually I like this new system, even if it needs BP (nom-nom) and it makes me grow a bit slower o_O
I think it helps to make start of the server more smooth, balanced and gives motivation for people not to sim, but to fight))
Also Bandits' Camp and those epic buffs for building time cutting <3.

DeletedUser54421

I liked the originals better, but the new system brings can be fun in itself.

DeletedUser41523

The new ones stunt growth. Which is a bit annoying for experienced players. But considering in 1.26 it took like a month to hit conq on a 2 speed I can deal. Besides, helps newer players. Which always is good.

DeletedUser54486

Combined with morale new players will find this world to be more forgiving than many.

DeletedUser54147

as a seasoned player i find it to be longer to get anywhere but hey, its cool.

DeletedUser53774

I sent this to support but i was asked to format a post in the idea section. I really dont understand what they are trying to accomplish or fix/improve upon.

Hi, can i express my opinion on the new bp farming villages. I hope my concerns will get to the right place. I do not think this was a good update at all, it will end up punishing both new and experienced, and active and casual players alike. Frankly, you need resources to make troops to get bp. This reverse cycle of bp for resources for troops will simply not work. I cant even think of the endless problems that this can potentially cause. What if you land in an area that there is just no bp. There will then be no resources for you and no growth, players will get quickly bored and quit. I really think that this will stunt growth so much that it will effect the game, and the number of people playing and enjoying it. Seasoned players quickly grow frustrated with lack of growth. I also think that it will increase the possibility of people self killing troops, since this is really the only way around it to get the bp.

I am not sure what was broken that needed to be fixed, but this is not an improvement. I sincerely hope that this is a setting that can be changed for different servers. Please hear my concerns. Thanks

Tracilia

DeletedUser53831

I don't like that you have to sacrifice 100 Bp to build each farming village after your 6th one, all that Bp could've been used for a victory procession, in my opinion I think they're trying to get us to spend gold on Olympic Games

DeletedUser41523

Yeah I never thought about how screwed you might be if you landed on an island of all inactive cities that never got 600 points. Good luck leveling up the villages.

DeletedUser53774

Memories of wonders and 100's of city swaps is making me cringe all over again. This will be a huge expense on an alliance level.

DeletedUser41523

Will make WW pretty interesting though. A lot more drawn out and maybe war based.

Coxwana

Phrourach
I sent this to support but i was asked to format a post in the idea section. I really dont understand what they are trying to accomplish or fix/improve upon.

Hi, can i express my opinion on the new bp farming villages. I hope my concerns will get to the right place. I do not think this was a good update at all, it will end up punishing both new and experienced, and active and casual players alike. Frankly, you need resources to make troops to get bp. This reverse cycle of bp for resources for troops will simply not work. I cant even think of the endless problems that this can potentially cause. What if you land in an area that there is just no bp. There will then be no resources for you and no growth, players will get quickly bored and quit. I really think that this will stunt growth so much that it will effect the game, and the number of people playing and enjoying it. Seasoned players quickly grow frustrated with lack of growth. I also think that it will increase the possibility of people self killing troops, since this is really the only way around it to get the bp.

I am not sure what was broken that needed to be fixed, but this is not an improvement. I sincerely hope that this is a setting that can be changed for different servers. Please hear my concerns. Thanks

Tracilia

Well look who it is! Been a while. How the heck are you? Are you playing this server?

Coxwana

Phrourach
BTW, ****. Nothing but ****. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Old way for sure, this way is crippling.

DeletedUser40495

How much has it been changed? Now if I donate all my BP to growing these farms - do all players on the island benefit from my BP (which may not be perverse as one hopes they will be contributing towards it ;) ) or does each player have to grow their own farms?

DeletedUser42565

How much has it been changed? Now if I donate all my BP to growing these farms - do all players on the island benefit from my BP (which may not be perverse as one hopes they will be contributing towards it ;) ) or does each player have to grow their own farms?

each do there own now.

I don't like the new system of Bp villages, it costs not only 100 BP to set up it cost a lot more to level them up as well. I feel the only tweak that was needed was to allow folk's to have the BP's for killing the troop's defending the villages (old system) as it shows on your wall the troop's dead clearing them.

I also believe that this will only slow down folk's new to the game as the experienced player will know where to get BP but the inexperienced will not, unless led properly, and that just doesn't seem to happen to much nowaday's (especially the "core" area's as that's were most pre-mades go), as all the "bigger" players jump ship as soon as a fight comes along and they can sim with there bigger friends and then winge that nobody attack's them, and this game is not meant to be sim city but it's fast turning into it.