Proposal Throwback Worlds

DeletedUser8881

So I've been playing this game for almost 10 years now. It will be 10 years on May 8th. Obviously I haven't played the entire time, a year off here and there,maybe two. But I've seen this game evolve over the years. I remember the first time the revolt system was implemented in Zeta. I remember when there wasn't an endgame. You just fought and fought. Then World Wonders were implemented and worlds started closing. And things kept changing from there. New endgames with Domination, balance changes, new gods, the introduction of heroes. The game is drastically different now.

I think what we could use are a couple of throwback worlds. Different styles. I've noticed right now we have a lot of small alliance cap worlds. You end up with a handful of top main alliances and they each run 1-2 sister alliances if not more depending on cap size. They run the world. Then there's a lot of smaller alliances just existing that can't really fight anybody and get picked on. Bring back large alliance caps. We're talking 150-200+ players per alliance. Now all the sister alliances are in one and the smaller ones get merged in. More players can be competitive. More people having fun and not just existing. Less small meaningless wars, more large scale all out chaos. Constant mergers to keep alliances topped up.

Run two of these worlds. One fast paced revolt. Just a run at you bloodbath. Another a slow conquest. It gives you time to ease into things. I think these worlds help cater towards new players as well. It helps them understand the game more than the tutorial can accomplish. I remember when it took at least a month if not easily longer to get conquest up and running. Also morale inactive. Just no.

Lastly let the worlds play out. End game comes quickly. We used to fight eachother literally for years until World Wonders were introduced. The worlds need to develop. Players easily over 1mil some closing on 1.5-2million points. Massive all out fighting between alliances over a multitude of oceans. No endgame for a year. And when that happens a modified domination. A larger threshold of % controlled since it's larger alliances. Odds are you will have 2, maybe 3 large alliances going at it. Not a whole lot outside of that. Everybody is involved and in the thick of it. Some good old fashioned grepolis the way it used to be. There were way more power swings and more interesting wars back then. It all meant more even though we had no endgame we weren't fighting to get anywehere.

So what do you guys think? I think it would be super refreshing, I miss gameplay like this. I joined Zeta not long after starting to play the game and that's what made me fall in love with Grepolis. Large alliances locked in battle. Diplomacy was almost more important then because alliances would fight, then merge together and swing power back in their favor. The front lines were changing every few months. It was constantly new and interesting. I think this is even more fitting now since this is the 10th year of Grepolis. A whole decade. What's more fitting for a 10 year anniversary than to open worlds reminiscent of how it all started.

TLDR; Two new large alliance cap worlds (150-200+ members). One a fast paced revolt, another slow paced conquest. Both end game domination. A throw back to the roots of Grepolis.

DeletedUser55889

I think the game moved on from the initial worlds the early version of grepolis have seen -- there's a lot fewer people playing now, and i don't imagine serious players would want to buddy up with people who just like to sim. It would be very hopeful to assume those kinds of players would ever get along, and so I fear one Large Alliance will be made up of pure fighters and alarm-oriented players, whilst the other Large Alliance made up of simmers and less-active players. This isn't really the point of the game, the point of the game is to have large competition. I suppose in the early days of the game there were far many players, but now it would most likely struggle, at least that's what I believe.

DeletedUser8881

I think the game moved on from the initial worlds the early version of grepolis have seen -- there's a lot fewer people playing now, and i don't imagine serious players would want to buddy up with people who just like to sim. It would be very hopeful to assume those kinds of players would ever get along, and so I fear one Large Alliance will be made up of pure fighters and alarm-oriented players, whilst the other Large Alliance made up of simmers and less-active players. This isn't really the point of the game, the point of the game is to have large competition. I suppose in the early days of the game there were far many players, but now it would most likely struggle, at least that's what I believe.
I really don't think that's the case. I'm not saying an alliance cap of 500 like some of the worlds used to be, that wouldn't work the game obviously doesn't have that player count anymore. An alliance cap of 150-200, maybe a little more would be perfect. Now I'm only playing Kelenderis right now and the last world before that I played was Carystus. So I don't know what every world is like. But I'll give an example using Kelenderis. So on en122 we have 3 main top alliances. Each has their own sister alliances because well there isn't enough cap space with an alliance cap of 50 to fit everybody in. If we had an alliance cap of 150 we would have 3 full force alliances of 150 at war. If the cap was 200 each alliance could absorb a smaller local alliance which they most likely would otherwise be fighting. The larger alliance cap could also possibly allow for the rise of a 4th alliance to make a run at everybody else. If you put this in a domination setting then everybody can compete. It's not the largest will win World Wonder scenario since they have more cities and more resources. There are most definitely enough players to run a 200 alliance cap world, possibly even 250. It's bigger, better wars. As alliances fight and lose members they can merge, and at the end you'll most likely have two big strong alliances of 200 duking it out.