Time To Retire

DeletedUser53923

In the several months since the ending of my last world ive patiently been waiting for a world to release with settings i want to play. Innos refusal to create such a world (namely their insistence on ruining them all with morale) has afforded me the opportunity to enjoy my excess free time and get solid nights sleep. In this freetime ive been able to consider the steady downfall of my favorite game over the years, the rampant cheating, the constant spam attacks by inferior players, the continuous money grab attempts via events and every other strategy inno can think of...and ive come to decide its no longer worth coming back to.

Ive enjoyed many of the friendships and rivalries ive formed over the years, and genuinely enjoyed my time in grepolis. I an certain you are all better of for knowing me. But Father Time is undefeated, and he is finally calling my name.

d5d6116c605b8698a8d48938e7727328.jpg

DeletedUser41523

Better still log into skype so you, me, and Joe can talk about the gym. :p

DeletedUser51081

sad to see you go big man. you was forever a pain in my arse in lato, but it was fun times and you will be great missed. grepo lost another big player, in your eyes the greatest ever ;)

thewilsh

Phrourach
Had some great times playing in alliances with you old boy, sad to see you go but take care and best wishes..... and i'll still never click a blue link from you in Skype
smiley_emoticons_auslachen2.gif

DeletedUser13405

This is sad to me, but should be a wake-up call to Inno (but it wont be). Inno used to have one of the most popular games online in Grepo. They forced the playerbase to go to 3.0 several years ago and many longtime players who spent big time gold walked away. It left a hallowed out playerbase from what it was. Now, if Inno forces everyone into morale worlds, more people will simply walk away. I have played continuously since early in 2010....since Lato closed I havent played a world bc of morale. Inno may be the only business I know that refuses to accommodate its most ardent customers....continuously forcing them into a style of play they do not agree with. Where is the monthly-fee based world with only advisors as an options? Why force morale down the throats of longtime players? Open a high speed, no morale world and watch people flock to it.....continue with morale and fade to black as people find other enjoyable ways to occupy their free time....

EDIT: I'm sorry, but one of those could have been non-morale. Cater to your best customers Inno. You are starting to remind me of every business that closes because they refuse to listen to their customers. Eventually the customers go elsewhere.

Attachments

• mo0rale.png
    mo0rale.png
    57.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43325

This is sad to me, but should be a wake-up call to Inno (but it wont be). Inno used to have one of the most popular games online in Grepo. They forced the playerbase to go to 3.0 several years ago and many longtime players who spent big time gold walked away. It left a hallowed out playerbase from what it was. Now, if Inno forces everyone into morale worlds, more people will simply walk away. I have played continuously since early in 2010....since Lato closed I havent played a world bc of morale. Inno may be the only business I know that refuses to accommodate its most ardent customers....continuously forcing them into a style of play they do not agree with. Where is the monthly-fee based world with only advisors as an options? Why force morale down the throats of longtime players? Open a high speed, no morale world and watch people flock to it.....continue with morale and fade to black as people find other enjoyable ways to occupy their free time....

EDIT: I'm sorry, but one of those could have been non-morale. Cater to your best customers Inno. You are starting to remind me of every business that closes because they refuse to listen to their customers. Eventually the customers go elsewhere.

This is so laughably self-indulgent I had to reply. You've used the phrases "most ardent customers" and "best customers" to describe what in essence amounts to you and your what, five friends? that have consciously decided to sit out of the game because you "don't like morale." Meanwhile, the three servers you just screenshot each have over 3,000 active players, one of which with over 4,000. So, 10,000 active players across three en servers (not even counting the other servers that are still running and active), in exchange for five butthurt people that aren't getting their way. The vast majority of your own posted premade is playing the game without you.

Newsflash - no self titled "pros" of grepo like morale. That's the entire fricking point of morale. A modest attempt to balance the playing field from those of us that are used to dominating to those of them that are trying to learn the game and not get absolutely wrecked. The fact that you don't like morale is just proving Inno's point of the usefulness of it. You aren't supposed to like it. It's supposed to make the game more difficult for you. Some of us are able to get over that, learn new schematics, adapt, evolve. But surely we aren't Inno's "best" or "most ardent" customers - it's you who cry foul and refuse to play because the game is more difficult for you that are. Right.

Guess what, the game isn't suffering because of morale. And it's certainly not suffering because you aren't playing it.
Yes, you truly do sound like Inno's "best" customer. And I'm sure they will applaud you for doing what is likely best for them as well in just going away.

DeletedUser41523

I've pointed this out a couple times. Morale isn't totally off the table...in fact, the US releases no morale worlds pretty consistently. Along with other settings like night bonus. In fact, I'd advise a trip at least once, I'm pretty sure a team of 15-25 good players can win some of those worlds with no diplo.

DeletedUser55069

I've pointed this out a couple times. Morale isn't totally off the table...in fact, the US releases no morale worlds pretty consistently. Along with other settings like night bonus. In fact, I'd advise a trip at least once, I'm pretty sure a team of 15-25 good players can win some of those worlds with no diplo.
As a matter of fact the last 3 US worlds were morale enabled just like on every market, morale is a default setting now, the main difference is that every other US world has night bonus.

I agree with @Miknel in principle and with the general purpose of morale, but there are too many loopholes and morale seems to be most advantageous for the experienced players who maintain a low morale brother/sister account for CS starter and for alliances that spare major support or get better BP ratio by players who don't grow as part of their strategy. The last who benefits from the morale advantage are the newbs that only want to grow, stay few weeks then leave their cities behind most often. We had discussions about this on more markets and Player council will suggest changes from all the ideas that came up to restore morale as a newb advantage before these tactics would grow above us like spam and BP generation.

DeletedUser22708

Retiring from Grepo is actually pretty nice B.B., feels good to not be waken up by the attack alarm at 4 am.
I do miss the fun times I had on this game, see some good friends posting in this thread, Kdaroks, Wilsh, Gotham, Mojo, miss you guys

DeletedUser43023

Retiring from Grepo is actually pretty nice B.B., feels good to not be waken up by the attack alarm at 4 am.
I do miss the fun times I had on this game, see some good friends posting in this thread, Kdaroks, Wilsh, Gotham, Mojo, miss you guys
I keep retiring and then the withdrawal hits and i'm back on the drug....