Timing attacks...?

DeletedUser

Umm has this become a thing of the past... i mean prior to 2.0 I could time attacks within a nickel (5secs) and was very very good at it.

Now with the lag (and i mean wow does that hourglass or the grey out of windows ever stop?) I am lucky to be able to time an attack within 30secs... 30secs!!!! W T F!!!

I can park a bus load of Biremes in a 30 sec window... and for those that attacked me half-assedlythey know about that snipe snipe snipe!

Even doing meanial things that took secs to do are taking minutes... a few things are cool like mass City/VP festivals but even that can lock up on ya... and I am talking about me having a quadcore bahemith as a PC. Able to run super mass battles on Total WWar Shogun without breaking a sweat off designated SSDs over a great connection!

Ok I have seen it all over about the lag, how has it affected you?

DeletedUser

Doesn't lag when I try to attack someone.

Odd... Every type of action has lagged for me... from trade to reports to attacks to building to messages. I have hourglass loadtimes for functions that used to be instant. I am not going to harp on ease of use for that will come with me just getting used to the new interface I am sure.

The lag is a whole other issue. I have done all the setting changes to make it "easier" and faster... to no avail.

It is getting ridiculous at times where I have complete lock up (doing multiple actions in a tight sequence... aka doing a lot of things right after another). The window usually goes grey and after 30-40 secs the only solution is for me to kill the session (close the window) and restart it. This is 2005 type of shenanigas that should not be seen today. The DB to UI load should not be so heavy... utilize multi-threading... something...

yeah lag is killing me, and was one thing I enjoyed not having prior to the 2.0 update. Now I rue the day I started Greoplois cuz the only thing that is keeping me around is those other guys in Phenom and the fact I have invested SOOOOOO much effort in this game. It keeps like this tho I may just have to cut my losses...

DeletedUser

It will get fixed, the devs are aware and working on it. So it won't be like this forever :)

DeletedUser

Well... I never attack anyone... my mom always used to say:

"Rooster.... Rooster don't you go hurting anyone, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it."

So the lag hasn't really affected me...

DeletedUser

I no very little on computers,and a fist nearly went at that damn hour glass untill I changed to firefox,sarfari is good too

DeletedUser

I no very little on computers,and a fist nearly went at that damn hour glass untill I changed to firefox,sarfari is good too

Rule #7 from the big book of "How To Operate a Computer"

"Its NEVER the computer's fault if something goes wrong... the computer is a completely stupid machine that blindly does what its told to do. So never punch the computer. Punch the kid at BestBuy that SOLD you the damn computer. Snot nosed little nerd know it all..... "

DeletedUser

lol.

i always rage and beat up my computer, there should be a National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Computers.

i think it is quite harder to time attacks :S best thing to do. guess! lol

DeletedUser

be happy, in low speeds worlds, the lag can give you up to 1 minute

DeletedUser

Only lag issue which i get is when i first sign in i have to refresh my page before i can do or view anything properly. I switched to chrome a number of months back which has helped with this but its different for every player.

DeletedUser23632

I get the same issue, too much of a risk to try to time things too well - never know when things will freeze up or just not load properly etc... have to move from attacks landing in seconds to attacks landing within minutes, which obviously makes it much easier for defenders.

DeletedUser

It was bad, but they cleaned up most of the lag and lockup issues with chrome it seems. occassionally you get a little goofiness, but not unplayable anymore.

DeletedUser

I have had problems like this before. i've heard its a +15 second lag? so i always send 15 seconds early or 30 seconds usually, so your not the only one. I would like to know how you time attacks though, p.s our last message you told me you wouldn't tell me cuss it was in our last message? its not! lol
p.s if people are wondering what we're talking about then here; i ask Enas how the hell he times attacks so well cuss i thought the world would close down and he won't tell me lol :p
mm