Inactive Topic Title/Rank implementation part 2 (stop world hopping)

DeletedUser

Proposal:
This links in with my other Title/Rank idea Which can be read here.

In this thread i propose that if the title system is implemented, that to join more than 2 worlds players have to achieve a certain "rank".

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
No i havent but i doubt its there.

Reason:

At the moment there are a lot of sub 5k players who have joined more than 2 worlds. This isnt good for Inno (because they are 99.9% f2p players and they are taking up server space) and it isnt good for worlds health because eventually they will leave, and that of course kills worlds.

Details:

Make players reach a threshold to get a title. Say 5000 points and the title "Explorer" and they can join more than 2 worlds.
Inno cannot make the requirement to high, we all saw the results of the Heroic Tactican award :p But i think this would force players to at least put time into a world before they leave it for another one. Also it would stop those pesky e-republik spammers a bit.

Visual Aids:

None for this sorry.

Balance:

none as far as im aware.

Abuse Prevention:
Of course they can get around this by making a new account, and good on them if they do. But i dont think many 12 year olds (The average age of players it seems) would have the IQ level to do that.

Summary:
Help stop world hoppers :pro:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

although, some new players may join a speed 1 and a speed 3 world in order to see which one they prefer.

Maybe say that they can join up to 2 worlds without needing any rank. After that, they need to have reached a certain number of points and whatnot.

DeletedUser

Yes i put 1-2 worlds for this reason :) Will edit it more to reflect that.

DeletedUser

What if they left the game, a few months later come back and have used their 2 month limit, what then? Or is it a case of 2 worlds on the go at once and when you get the titles you can play more?

DeletedUser

What the idea is proposing that players cannot join more then 2 worlds at once without reaching certain requirements.
It will encourage people, when something goes wrong, to simply restart on their world and give it another shot.
Not a time limit, a world limit.

DeletedUser

Yes a world limit. If a player quit then came back without the required title, they are not playing any worlds so they are still allowed to join 2.

DeletedUser

Ah okay, the idea seems alright but I doubt it would be added to the game. But hey, what do I know :D

DeletedUser18132

I like this. This will stop many world hoppers.

DeletedUser

Yes exactly. It would be unwise to stop it totally as that would cut out many experienced players who are world hoppers but bring quality to worlds. This just slows down the njub world hoppers ;)

DeletedUser14492

Yes I think its a good idea in principle.

Personally I think the 5k threshold is too low though. I think to join more than 2 or 3 worlds folk should have to achieve more.

Ev

DeletedUser

Yes I think its a good idea in principle.

Personally I think the 5k threshold is too low though. I think to join more than 2 or 3 worlds folk should have to achieve more.

Ev

But that would end up like the hero worlds i think, not enough world hoppers. There is a fine line. But 5k is just a guide.

DeletedUser

I do think the 5k threshold would be a bit low too, If they are playing 2 worlds Id like to see them reach maybe 14K+ at least.
Just so they know how to conquer etc otherwise if they simm 1 city to 5k and move on its just as bad as what they do now anyway.

The only other thing I forsee people may actual delete accounts to move on, which is good as it frees a slot in the world they leave rather than taking so long to ghost besides if they logged in once a month to stop it ghosting.

Only down side I forsee is it may limit the amount of farms on servers ;)