Titles And What They Mean

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
If you've posted or looked around the forum you'll have noticed a set of individuals with colored names and titles. These individuals are the moderation team. The titles can be broken down into a few categories: Ingame, Forum, and Wiki.

Wiki:

Oracle- A mod with this title and colored name is responsible for the upkeep of the grepolis wiki for this server as well as the wiki section on the forum.

Ingame:

Giant- Mods with this color name and title look after individual worlds and respond to tickets submitted by players on those worlds. They are also responsible for enforcing the ingame rules on their assigned worlds. Any mod joining the ingame team starts at this level.

Legend- This color name and title denotes a senior member of the ingame team. These mods are similar to In-Game Mods in that they too cover worlds but they also supervise the In-Game Mods and have a wider variety of responsibilities.

Forum:

Hero- These mods are in charge of individual sections of the forum ranging from world forums to topic specific sections such as Debate and Discussion and Ideas. They enforce the rules in the section(s) they are assigned and like the In-Game Mod they are the entry level position for the forum team.

Titan - Mods with this color name and title are Senior members of the forum team. They enforce the rules not just in a specific section of the forum but rather they enforce them throughout the entirety of the forum. As with the Senior In-Game Moderator, Titans supervise the Heroes.

Admin- There are 3 of these individuals. 2 Co-Community Managers and 1 Community Manager. The two Co-Community Managers are each in charge of either the Ingame team or the Forum team. The Community Manager oversees both teams and is at the top of the moderation food chain so to speak. Any issues with a lower level mod should be addressed to the appropriate Admin, ie Ninepence for ingame mod issues and Baudin Toolan for forum mod issues. Richard can also be messaged about issues regarding either side.

Hopefully that break down clears any confusion regarding mod titles and what they mean.

DeletedUser

I'm sure we have one of these somewhere, but it must be lost in the temple of lost threads. :p

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
The old thread was out-dated since we no longer to refer to in-game mods as giants. There were also a few other inconsistencies.

DeletedUser345

I think they should be called Giants again, much more exciting :(

DeletedUser

Thanks Baudin, that explains a lot.

But it still leaves one of the most common questions unanswered....

Who would win in a mid-air battle... a Senior In-Game Moderator riding a pegasus or a Forum Titan riding a one eyed manticore?

DeletedUser

I think they should be called Giants again, much more exciting :(
The issue was that no-one knew what Giants where :D Meh. Oracles don't have that problem.

Rooster, obviously what would happen is that the manticore and pegasus would throw off the Titan and SIGM who would proceed to have a fierce fight as they fall (like Gandalf in LotR and that big firey thingymajig) before landing, realising that they were actually not so different and going off and living happily ever after together.

Meanwhile, the pegasus and manti would fly away into the sun set, never to be seen again. However there are now rumours of a Panticore roaming the earth.

DeletedUser

The issue was that no-one knew what Giants where :D Meh. Oracles don't have that problem.

Rooster, obviously what would happen is that the manticore and pegasus would throw off the Titan and SIGM who would proceed to have a fierce fight as they fall (like Gandalf in LotR and that big firey thingymajig) before landing, realising that they were actually not so different and going off and living happily ever after together.

Meanwhile, the pegasus and manti would fly away into the sun set, never to be seen again. However there are now rumours of a Panticore roaming the earth.

Meh..Why don't we just change all of them back to what they are..Forum Moderator, Senior Forum Moderator, In-game Moderator, Senior In-Game Moderator, Administrator..?

Who doesn't know what a Giant is but knows a Hero and Titan (hierarchy wise)? As that is why Giants was removed, I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I agree really. Seems un fair that forums get funky names and IG doesn't. :p
Though, i get to keep Oracle right?!

What were SIGMs before? I seem to remember them always just being SIGMs. :D

DeletedUser

I agree really. Seems un fair that forums get funky names and IG doesn't. :p
Though, i get to keep Oracle right?!

What were SIGMs before? I seem to remember them always just being SIGMs. :D

I'm not complaining about them being unfair..as well...A user title isn't that big of a deal to me..Heck, I don't even need one..A ban hammer will do. :p

Yes, they've always been SIGMs.

DeletedUser

I have a ban stick. The metal end was removed so I wouldn't hurt anyone.

Can you pleeeease centre that sig? Heck, you can even left align it. Just stop this madness!

DeletedUser

I agree with the mouse rabbit thing! Center the Sig for gods sake Lane! You call yourself a Titan?! :D

As for mod titles, I find them interesting, but don't really think about them due to the fact that I'm not a mod :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser42407

I just saw this now :p I was wondering why people had red names XD jk

Anyway, I say this on "a pebble" what does scholar mean?

DeletedUser18132

He won a writing contest hosted by BT some time ago. The prize was the title.