TKF's Alliance Power Rankings: Wonder Edition

DeletedUser41523

Even after I left, I still kept getting asked when the next edition was. Well wait no further! It's here. This will only be limited to three alliances however, since only three are competitive right now (though Last on List of Honor gets a serious honorable mention). I'm also going to skip the map this time around, if you don't know where the sides are at this point, then me jamming a map in your face isn't going to help you. So without further ado here we go!

1) OCEANS VETERANS, OCEAN TIDE, Rising tide, Slackers, Big Child- In the last ranking, they were already second in the server and I believe that this is the first time that they've climbed into that #1 spot but they have earned it. OV and friends are currently up a staggering 322-83 on the Balkans and holding steady at 13-21 with the Still Negotiating group, of which I'm not sure if any are hand offs (I just came back during WW cut me some slack). Either way they positioned themselves to compete for the world win and they are currently making the most of their opportunities. OCEANS VETERANS currently lead in the following wonders:

Colossus of Rhodes at level 8
The Tomb of King Mausolus II at Halicarnassus at level 8
The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus at level 8
The Hanging Gardens of Semiramis in Babylon at level 8

OCEANS VETERANS have spent the server as the underdogs but they have overcome it all to this point to likely shock everybody by being in first place. This is something that I don't think anybody at the start of the server would have seen them ever being in first place in either these rankings, in actual power, or in the actual wonder race. But here they are.

2) Still Negotiating..., The Greeks, The Booty Warrior Cult, and The Pariahs- Now there's probably somebody sitting on the Balkan side right now scoffing the idea that SN's side is above them but here's the facts backing this up. SN's side leads the Balkans by a score 147-128, which for the late game is an okay lead, going into the wonders, this probably would have been a pretty satisfying benchmark, especially when you consider the state of things on all sides of this group just a few months back. However, similar to OCEANS VETERANS, this group has gone above and beyond expectations. They currently lead in the following wonders:

The Pyramid of Giza in Egypt at level 8
The Lighthouse on the Island of Pharos at Alexandria at level 8
The Statue of Zeus by Phidias at level 7

Its unlikely that they will be able to go up and grab a fourth wonder but they're pretty much a lock to get their Statue and Pyramid and have a good chance to grab the Lighthouse. All in for a group that spent most of the server in a dog fight each other, they've done really well in this race.

3) Balkan Boyz, Ice Boyz, Balkan Boyz*, and Fighting Mongooses- There are a lot of lessons to be learned from the Balkans in this world. They're obviously losing both of their relevant wars which is never a good indicator heading into WW. But as you've noticed, the seven wonders are currently spoken for. they're not completely uncompetitive and can win a few wonders still, but they can't win the world simply by racing the wonders anymore. This team might actually get shut out despite having the second most players, the #1 and #4 teams, dominating the top 15 player rankings, and several close wonders. For a team that's acted as if this race was simply a formality for months, this is a pretty damning situation. With all of these things going for them how could they not only lose but risk being completely shut out? Well its actually a long story. If you're not interested then I've TL;DRed the point by bolding the main take away.

They were never that good on their own to begin with. You see, good diplomacy made them, and bad diplomacy has unmade them. A lot of people said this about Bad With Names in terms of never being that good, but Bad With Names at least won a world and did so in pretty dominant fashion against some notable competition. The Balkans beat a Plague team that was on life support out of the gate and then struggled with the Bunnies, Ice Boyz, and Beasties. When all three were coming at them, the Balkans were a mess. Key players were leaving left and right and cities were being lost. The Bazooka Bunnies especially were boasting about how the end was near for the Balkans. During this time however, the Balkans managed to flip the Ice Boyz to their side, which ended a losing front for them. Their alliances with Bad With Names and The Booty Warrior Cult/The Pariahs went a long way in saving them, especially the work of the Booty Warrior Cult and the Pariahs who managed to flank the Bazooka Bunnies and pretty much undo them. While Bad With Names kept an effective buffer between them and other threats such as OCEANS VETERANS and The Greeks. They would not be here today without these moves. As a result of what was more a team effort, the Bunnies, Beasties, etc fell.

Now while I enjoy a good trash talking session with enemies, I'm a big believer in paying respects to allies or anybody that you wish to become a partner with. This is a key step that Balkans began to overlook the minute the Bunnies fell. It started with Bad With Names, they were no longer really in a position of power and took in a few Bunny players. Now my impression of events is that Bad With Names also made diplomatic missteps by taking in the Bunnies, however in hindsight, these probably could have been overlooked. The Balkans decided not to overlook this and went to war with Bad With Names just as OCEANS VETERANS began to take a convincing lead on them and this completely toppled Bad With Names and effectively split the players up among OCEANS VETERANS and the Balkans. The Balkans replaced their alliance with Bad With Names for an alliance with OCEANS VETERANS. Couple this with their alliance with The Booty Warrior Cult and at this point all the Balkans had to do was invade O44 with their allies and overwhelm the world, the world was a lock and they were set to win.

However, they appear to have let their team effort wins go to their head and had become arrogant. They didn't want to share the spoils with everybody that they made agreements with and bizarrely allowed it to become an open secret that they planned to betray either OCEANS VETERANS or The Booty Warrior Cult. This was on top of attacking the Pariahs and basically having to be strong armed into stopping. They ultimately picked The Booty Warrior Cult & The Pariahs but by this point, they lost the trust of both groups. Sticking a knife in the back of a group that is capable of winning four of the seven world wonders is stupid on its own. But they also failed to pay respect where it was due to The Booty Warrior Cult/Pariahs with insulting WW roster offers and omitting players that have proved key to Still Negotiating's wonder success. They also attempted to omit The Booty Warrior's from the planning of wonders, likely so that they could dictate the terms of the partnership. All of these actions put the Balkans on an island and in a situation where they have to compete and fight against two relevant groups. It's not all the leader's faults though. The amount of mistakes the players I've come across since my return have made is borderline laughable. Especially considering its all the players with crowns committing them. If those fills feel a little slow over there then not to worry, your team isn't offline, they're just panick building walls and are more busy changing their city names because I popped on an island.

With the historical context out of the way, this team only has one chance to win the world and its getting a wonder or two to force a block and fighting their way to four wonders. They have a lot of work cut out for them and will need a lot of luck and focus to just get one as they've begun to lose the battles on even the wonders they are focusing. Even after it appeared that they cut the Pyramids, Statue, and Lighthouse.

0ZZZ

Phrourach
ROFL. I saw them taking first place before they even dropped. When I was scouting an ocean 35 drop point for them :D

"You can't win a world if you do not start in a center square."

Oh yeah.... hold my beer :p

I do not see them losing it unless through diplo. Should not count your chickens till they hatch. and they aint even my chickens, but that's my take :D

For the sake of fun, I earnestly wish each of the 3 teams at least one WW, and would like to tip my hat to Rose for having the stones to go for it instead of the big group hug for an easy trophy.

Which probably means I will have to lay off Balkan Babies till they build one. They do not handle battle very well. Unless you count using a mod as a weapon.
NOTE: the complain button neither launches ships nor dodges them.
thanks BB.JPG
Thanks BB :D

This is a war game and to win you should have to earn that trophy by cracking at least one WW, or you were just the best simmer.

Replies:

Arent you one of the paid spammer losers?

is this your opinion or is it also a paid one?
And your team asks why I kick their teeth in? How about slander for one.

Last edited:

DeletedUser41523

I thought it'd go BWN in first, BB in second, and either OV or TBWC battling it out for third in these rankings. But OV beat any and all expectations.

DeletedUser45100

ROFL. I saw them taking first place before they even dropped. When I was scouting an ocean 35 drop point for them :D

"You can't win a world if you do not start in a center square."

Oh yeah.... hold my beer :p

I do not see them losing it unless through diplo. Should not count your chickens till they hatch. and they aint even my chickens, but that's my take :D

For the sake of fun, I earnestly wish each of the 3 teams at least one WW, and would like to tip my hat to Rose for having the stones to go for it instead of the big group hug for an easy trophy.

Which probably means I will have to lay off Balkan Babies till they build one. They do not handle battle very well. Unless you count using a mod as a weapon.
NOTE: the complain button neither launches ships nor dodges them.
View attachment 13975
Thanks BB :D

This is a war game and to win you should have to earn that trophy by cracking at least one WW, or you were just the best simmer.

Arent you one of the paid spammer losers?

is this your opinion or is it also a paid one?

Spartan AD

Phrourach
I thought it'd go BWN in first, BB in second, and either OV or TBWC battling it out for third in these rankings. But OV beat any and all expectations.

When I first went to the OV frontline as a BWN frontliner I was expecting an easy ride, expecting to catch a couple off in the dead-zone hours. I quite quickly learnt that wasn't the case. OV have proved themselves a solid team and definite title contenders.

Myrddin Emyrs

Phrourach
Server was ruined months ago all im saying on this topic, as for rankings and who would win i said months ago who to watch out for, as i have played for years and know majority of players from previous worlds, knew what would happen and end of the day its a War game those with gold activity and experience are the ones that win this game, now to say about this world, inno drooped the ball on this world, i have never played a world where events were set up and was admiited by the mods that they wanted players to spend more gold to get more rewards, glitches bugs bots and all sorts rampant in this world, not to mention server drops and so on, inno couldnt explain all the bugs glitches and compensated us a few times for it, but end of the day when you play this game and spend money on it, you expect more, the ball was dropped and inno as expected didnt care as long as players kept spending money, but to openly admit it came as a bit of a surprise so it will make me think again about spending money on this game in the future, as for winners and losers well done to everyone, see you in the next world....

DeletedUser41523

Kitten you have played with OV before, you should have known us better.

Never thought you’d roll over and die. But I also thought I knew what I helped build in BWN. Turns out you guys wanted it more. :)