TKF's Power Rankings Edition Eight: The Bunnies Fall, Balkans & OCEANS VETERANS Rise, Clash of the Coalitions & Wonder Predictions!

• Thread starter DeletedUser41523
  • Start date

DeletedUser41523

A new edition comes in what is probably the most eventful week of the world yet. There's been coalitions, accusations of spamming, finger pointing, war, a major alliance shake up. All of this to win.... Princess @kingpg28 's hand in marriage. No but for real a lot of stuff is going on to win that crown. So I'll be including a breakdown of which faction each alliance falls under, if any. I'll also be adding my initial predictions for who will win the world and the war. Lastly I'll be including who accepted and ignored/rejected my mediation offer that I posted on the forums for the spam. So lets get to it.

The Map
zAGdOKa.png

KQWjk18.png

1) Bad With Names/Bad With Numbers- I included their end of the conquest record in the other thread last night. They're beating the other coalition members by an almost 3:1 ratio at this time. There's been a lot of accusations of spam flying and I've seen both sides present their cases to an extent both publicly and privately and I've shared my speculation to players on both teams. My speculation remains the same and we'll get into that later. Why they're here is because they have the best conquest record in the world right now in terms of winning wars, they'd also have the third fewest city losses I believe (behind The Booty Warrior Cult and Beasties). Their current war record include a 25-13 lead Against OCEANS VETERANS, Flaming Dragon, THE RISING PHOENIX, and Black Sails XXX. They also have a 39-9 lead on Spirtum Sancti, Silly Rabbits, and Unnatural Selection (I've omitted ***The Greeks*** as they last indicated that they rejected the SS-US merge and will fight them). So long as they can keep winning, they'll be contending for the world.

Coalition Affiliation: Bad With Names - Balkans

Spam Mediation Status: Ignored or Rejected

World Status: Contender

2) Balkans Boyz/Balkan Boyz**/Ice Boyz-
You can say they're good, you can say they're bad. But they're certainly entertaining. They took down ThePlague at the start of the world with their allies Souvlaki and Bad With Names. They've recently played a key role in putting a dagger in the Bunnies. While the war is still ongoing with the Bunnies new group, Warlords, they've continued to take towns off of them. Time will tell if this reformed enemy proves to be too much for them. I can't pull any new stats due to Warlords just being Bazooka Bunnies renamed and retaining Ice Girlz. So I'll keep with the records from Ice Girlz and both bunny teams. Balkans lead 56-39 at this time. Though it is important to bear in mind that Warlords have cut Nightmare Bunnies. The reason why I'll hold this against Warlords is that you could still count this as ground lost in their turf on top of it being their former cities. The Balkan Boyz also are at war with Beasties who they trail 4-13. The Balkans also face Unnatural Selection, Spirtum Sancti, and Silly Rabbits who they lead 12-11. In addition to this, they have merged with Ice and Fire, giving them a third branch back and solidifying control of ocean 55.

Coalition Affiliation: Bad With Names - Balkans

3) OCEANS VETERANS/Flaming Dragon
I gotta hand it to them. I still think the overall starting strategy was a bad call as are some of their choices in allies. But this is probably where I would have put an OV that started in the core on its own in the first edition. They're in a do or die situation. They either beat Bad With Names or they go home. OCEANS VETERANS certainly holds up its end of the bargain in beating Bad With Names by a score of 12-10. Unfortunately its allies do not. Dropping the score to 13-25. Which effectively keeps them from stealing that #1 spot. Most of the city losses come from Flaming Dragon and Phoenix. While Black Sails has lost one town. Overall though, this group could be way worse off with this combination and is finding some success. They've also allied with Spirtum Sancti's group. Which gives them a good shot to win the world.

Coalition Affiliation: Spirtum Sancti

4) Spirtum Sancti/Silly Rabbits/Unnatural Selection-
I like a lot of the people on this team as people. But fighting some of them I'll give brutal honesty. I debated moving them down another spot, but I don't think The Booty Warrior Cult has done enough to justify jumping the raw power that SS can project. I've been told by the ***The Greeks*** that they will continue fighting Unnatural Selection, which if still true is a serious backfire. I was also told that a ton of Unnatural Selection were getting cut, which to be fair a lot were, but there's still more that I'd personally leave behind than take. Meanwhile there's a guy on an island with us hiding behind about 3k ships, a 25 wall, and 500ish transports of DLU. They don't have a lack of skilled players Topweasel, Zeuskiller, and Viking come to mind. But they also don't have a lack of bad ones who I won't name to avoid anybody being insulted. If they're LTSing on other fronts then this is a ticking time bomb. They currently trail 11-12 to the Balkans and trail 9-40 to Bad With Names. This team does have the sheer numbers and unit counts to play to win and can project a lot of power. But it needs to use that power correctly in order to actually win the world.

5) The Booty Warrior Cult-
Well if you looked at the forums prior to this you'd think that some people believe in the hype I put into TBWC more than actual TBWC players do. That said we've made our moves in O54 so far and I don't think you'd find anyone disputing that we'd play well to this point. What started as an unfavorable position being wedged between the Bunnies and Unnatural Selection is starting to turn into prime real estate. We do have alliances with The Pariahs and The Balkans. We do have a 36-2 lead on the Bunnies (now Warlords) but have spent the post collapse taking cities left behind from the Bunny fallout.

Coalition Affiliation: No coalition but allies with Balkan Boyz and The Pariahs

6) Beasties-
That is a terrible hand that they just got dealt and I gotta hand it to them fully for not also folding. They have a 13-4 lead on the Balkans. But momentum appears to have swung back to the Balkans for now. Time will tell if they can play with a bad hand and continue to win the war. But I still like this group's chances at continuing to find success. I'm under the impression that they are still allied with Warlords.

Coalition Affiliation: No coalition but allies with Warlords

World Status: High Power

7) Warlords/Ice Girlz-
I don't have enough to say how strong or how good they actually are since its been only a couple days. So this will be more of something you might see for a new coming alliance or at the start of the world. This is similar to the SS-US merge to me. I think Tomas is on the right track but hasn't executed it properly. From the islands I share with them, everyone who made the jump to Warlords is still LTSed up and more or less just exists. This has slowed some of the bleeding undoubtedly, but will produce the same results. Simple fact is that you cannot win meaningful wars through wide spread LTS. I think the mistake made here is that bigger player = better player. Which isn't true. There also seemed to be a lot of interest in leaving the SS coalition but it seems they've ended up back in it. So far it looks like they've continued to lose more cities than they've gained off of Balkans. TBWC has taken a city since the break down. Their alliance with Beasties can help secure them.

World Status: In a flux

8) ***The Greeks***-
Denying the merge with Unnatural Selection is 100% a natural reaction. US was their only opponent. They are in a bit a weird position though now surrounded by red. It seems that no cities have been taken or lost against their old and new foes since this declaration. They have managed to take a city off of the Warlords since then though.

Coalition Affiliation: By themselves

World Status: High Power

9) The Pariahs-
I might be biased here but they have to have the best comeback story of the server. Starting out as Free Hugs and being left by a lot of their team for Bazooka Bunnies. The Bunnies then proceeded to drive them from their core and force them to relocate north. Since then, they've pushed back into the Bunny turf. Nobody is probably more satisfied by the implosion than these guys.

Coalition Affiliation: No coalition but allied to The Booty Warrior Cult and Balkan Boyz

World Status: Rising Power

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser41523

10) The Fighting Mongooses- Probably one of the bigger beneficiaries of the Bunnies collapse. Their claim in O54 gets a little stronger without them having to do anything. They were also one of the few teams in O54 losing to the Bunnies at the time of the implosion. Truly the Grepo gods have smiled on this group. They're currently 1-2 vs Beasties. Other than that there's not much else going on right now.

Coalition Affiliation: No coalition

World Status: The Aztec sacrifices pale in comparison to what must have been given for this gift.

11) The Damned-
Another alliance that rose as a result of the Bunny implosion. They've lost cities to just about everybody so far. So I don't think they'll be able to stick around long in their current position. But their people seem pretty nice and like good sports about their situation. Best of luck to them.

Coalition Affiliation: No Coalition

World Status: Sinking

12) Twisted Puddy Cats/Twisted Cavaliers-
They appeared in the very first edition. So if they're reading this now, its gotta be nice to be back after about eight weeks. They're currently 2-57 on Bad With Names and 0-34 to Balkans. This pretty much sums things up for them.

Coalition Affiliation: None Known

World Status: Food Alliance

Coalition War Predictions:
Overall I believe that the Bad With Names - Balkans coalition will win the war. There's just too many cities being taken and too many players on the other side to manage.

Coalition Wonder Predictions: Note that wonders still being more than half a world a way, this is pure speculation. This also will not be updated every edition. Think of the predictions as a rare treat. Things mentioned here are not for sure going to happen. A lot can change between now and wonders starting. I actually think the Spirtum Sancti coalition can win this so long as they keep their coalition together and do damage control. For the sake of argument, I'm adding Beasties to their side due to common enemies and a common ally. As of right now, this totals out to a nearly 2000 city advantage for the SS coalition. Which can snowball into a bigger advantage as they found cities and conquer towns. Don't under estimate the power of thousands of cities overflowing the wonders or countless extra favor farms.

There's also a good case for the Bad With Names-Balkans Coalition. Mainly that they're taking cities up front off of Spirtum Sancti and Warlords. They've already forced one reformation in which hundreds of cities have gone up for grabs. They also one an advantage that can't be overstated. Wherever they build their wonders will have more closer resource shipping TTs than the Spirtum Coalition. Their players are also way more likely to tear down any walls they might have to allow favor farming.

With this in mind, I think the spread for SS is killer and there's no real safe spot for their wonders that doesn't also make their disadvantage worse. I also view a 400 person side as really difficult to manage ego wise and their advantages only come into player if 80% of their coalition participates beyond logging in once or twice a day and sending from a handful of towns since overflows will be important. I also don't think that everybody on the SS side will be in the world at wonder time. On top of that I think that a fair few will no longer be on the SS side when the wonders start. However, my experience with alliances that just have the world going to well is that boredom will take hold. This starts a couple of issues. The first being that players will find new worlds or take a break. The second being that some players start up drama. I think before its over, Bad With Names will experience a bit of both and lose some filler and a key piece or two from it.

That said, I think Bad With Names takes the world 4-3 in a close race.

Alliance of The Week: Fighting Mongooses for weathering the storm

DeletedUser37618

very nice again bud but what this

0ZZZ

Phrourach
Black sails XIII, Black sails XXX, Black sails Bonkers, are owned by no one but me as are a few others.
Any other claim is slander.
We have had several contracts with several alliances and individuals. Contracts are made, completed, and expire.
At contract termination your flag goes back to red like the rest of the server.

We have friends in multiple alliances, but business is business. If my own mother played the game, her flag would be red too.

If you rent a car for a week you do not suddenly own the car company.

Black sails MMXX / Black Sails XIIII No affiliation. After discussion with the person he is an obvious second account of one of the big alliances or bought and paid for by such.
This is a common Large alliance cry baby response that defines SPAM as any action taken by another they do not like.

Any posts reviewing BLACK SAILS without even attempting to contact me is WILLFUL IGNORANCE by definition, and probable slander.
We reserve the right to punish objective slander. You have 24 hours to comply.
Thank you for your quick response. Respect restored.

As good a place as any to post this. We find the leadership of Bad With Names and their lot guilty of Nefarious game play including but not limited to slander, and impersonation. The entire alliance is now subject to any form of legal game play until they remove the offenders.
I can be PMed in game by any BWN member interested in more details. By wearing their flag you bear it's sins.

Last edited:

DeletedUser41523

In the argument about spam I offered to mediate between SS, OV, and BWN to end the spamming. Nobody followed up.

Also edit: I've been misinformed. OV is not allied to Phoenix or Black Sails.

DeletedUser37618

they no spamm going from SS side but if other 2 side rdy to talk SS will be there

T0M4S

Chiliarch
Interesting read but I will comment on a couple of things:

1. Our objective isn't fighting TBWC right now, you are so far North that it isn't relevant to our position at all, so losing cities doesn't even matter there, only place it matters right now is West.

2. Sure, you can say balkans have a "lead" if you count just the stats off grepolife, but the real stats are different. 10 or so cities that were taken off them by us from people they kicked. (And before they say we did that too, maybe they have gotten 1-2 now too that were kicked during the Bunnies >> Warlords transition but we don't kick players while they are losing cities to boost stats)

So lets get to the real funny part: Around half of the cities they have taken from us are actually the cities taken by the Souvlaki guys (since they were pretty much the only ones taking cities off us in Balkans before they joined us) so they are almost all in our possession.

Sure, we lost them, but due to the move its as if we had just taken them off ourselves and in reality balkans lost a lot more cities on that front due to losing all those players to us. So real score is something like: They have taken somewhere around 20-30 cities off us West where they are winning and we have only taken few, and we have taken around 40-50 South plus the ones we gained from Souvlaki and others joining, while they have only taken around 10 there, plus the 100+ cities we got from Souvlaki joining.

We are both basically digging into eachothers cores and taking cities wherever we can, with them taking more per day recently due to us having to internal well over 100 cities over the last week, so that kind of limited our firepower lol, also considering we had almost 10 players in VM up until recently, but that has been resolved now so expect more action from us soon.

3. We are not part of any "coalition". Coalition implies we will be doing wonders and working together with multiple alliances. Only alliance we are officialy pacted with are Beasties. We do also have a NAP with SS group but no direct ties to others in the "Coalition" so lets not make it a coalition of 400 people just because they are all fighting the same enemy. That would be like adding TBWC to BWN/BB coalition just because they are fighting us right now. We may have the same enemy and have similar goals but that does not mean we are one group.

DeletedUser41523

@T0M4S

1. That's fine if TBWC isn't your main focus. My point was walling up with a few hundred fts dlu behind the islands we share and usually 500+ birs per city does not a good fighting alliance make. Whether its done to block us or not. Its a good way to kill DLU counts in sieges. Which is the problem you guys ran into last time. The exact same problem I believe you claimed you wanted to leave behind. So I take into account.

2. You talking this week or the entire war?

3. I've actually looked through the Souvlaki group. I'm at about six towns that they took before leaving. So unless there's some MVP that I've missed that's going to cough up roughly another 20 more. I don't think they've taken half. Agree that Souvlaki leaving was a hit to Balkans. However that was explained as some sort of death blow and the Balkans have been winning the fight anyways ever since. I wouldn't really say you guys are digging into their core either, if you pull up a map on Grepolife and color code the two alliances, one is definitely having more success with getting to the enemy core than the other is. Probably will show more so over the next week or two due to all the cities now up for grabs.

4. Fair game. I heard otherwise. Will not consider you part of their coalition again. My mistake.

Edit: Also I'm not trying to rag on you or Warlords or anything. I absolutely respect that you put the effort into the game and try to make your alliance better.

T0M4S

Chiliarch
@T0M4S

1. That's fine if TBWC isn't your main focus. My point was walling up with a few hundred fts dlu behind the islands we share and usually 500+ birs per city does not a good fighting alliance make. Whether its done to block us or not. Its a good way to kill DLU counts in sieges. Which is the problem you guys ran into last time. The exact same problem I believe you claimed you wanted to leave behind. So I take into account.

2. You talking this week or the entire war?

3. I've actually looked through the Souvlaki group. I'm at about six towns that they took before leaving. So unless there's some MVP that I've missed that's going to cough up roughly another 20 more. I don't think they've taken half. Agree that Souvlaki leaving was a hit to Balkans. However that was explained as some sort of death blow and the Balkans have been winning the fight anyways ever since. I wouldn't really say you guys are digging into their core either, if you pull up a map on Grepolife and color code the two alliances, one is definitely having more success with getting to the enemy core than the other is. Probably will show more so over the next week or two due to all the cities now up for grabs.

4. Fair game. I heard otherwise. Will not consider you part of their coalition again. My mistake.

Edit: Also I'm not trying to rag on you or Warlords or anything. I absolutely respect that you put the effort into the game and try to make your alliance better.

1. Don't think we have much LTS there to be honest, mostly troops from the cities, but I will double-check that for you so I am not bsing.

2. Regarding the "War score" I am talking about the entire war, as that is what it represents, not just this week. I know your post is mostly about this week, but it still has a score that is over the last 1+ months in it so its using data from the whole period of the war.

3. I'm not saying we have been winning since, as it would have been very hard to. Sure Balkans were weakend, but we had 10+ people go into VM over the same couple of days due to RL reasons an then on top of that a few people were banned. When half of your to fighters are gone, it seriously limits your capabilities to do anything, which was hindered even more by having to take a ton of internals. Now once the dust all settles, things will be a lot different for us firepower wise, since pretty much everyone is finally back.

4. Thanks. We may share a common enemy, but so far have not formed any official coalition or anything like that, so would like to stay out of all that "you spamming us" "no you" bs.

DeletedUser41523

1. You can fit a few hundred fts behind a 25 wall + several hundred birs in the same city? Some people are defintiely LTSing. Up to 1.5k birs on some occasions.

2. Yeah admittedly that's impossible to keep on top of. Unless somebody claims that enough have been kicked to shift the whole war around, I don't see it as changing much.

3. I was more saying that I was told that the Balkans were in trouble after Souvlaki left. But so far it seems they just lost people that haven’t changed the outcome much. And if they’ll run when the going gets tough. The Balkans might be the ones better off here. Imagine what will happen if a couple weeks go by and the Balkans have taken 20 cities, TBWC have taken 10 cities, and warlords have taken 5 cities.

4. were considered part of the coalition but SS/US isn’t spamming us. Hell most the US players and TBWC players just exchange friendly banter with their attacks.

DeletedUser56719

Back in hating side. I was about to worry on your last power top.

SS is not affiliated with anyone except OV and Warlords. And that's only because it happened them to fight OV too from far before we even start to think about naps/pacts.

That only proves one more time that BWN and Balkan, hugged from beginning without the smallest threat around them.

DeletedUser41523

I actually don’t hate you guys. Or anyone in this world really. You’ve been a bit of a tool. But just about everyone else in SS, US, etc has been pretty nice to us. Same goes for Warlords, Balkans, BWN, most of Plague when they were alive, OV, Flaming Dragon, etc.

I moved you down because because my impression on the merger was that you traded the Greeks for Unnatural Selection. Like I said before, there’s players in US that are pretty good. If I play again, I’ll probably ask Zeus, notguilty, and Hoagman to come with. But there’s also players that have some pretty big gaps. Hell I showed Nick a player I killed a harpy nuke off of last night. Couple that with Balkans rise back to power. Plus if you put OV and SS side by side one is clearly punching harder than the other. You also have lost a lot of towns between last edition and now. So yeah you got moved down this week. I moved Balkans, our own ally, way down before and not one of them complained about it.

SS is not affiliated with anyone except OV and Warlords.

This is basically the other half of the world. So you (now three branches) are affiliated with a group in OV (two branches) and a group in warlords (two branches; formerly three). To fight BWN (two branches) and Balkans (three branches). However Tomas also says he’s not affiliated with you guys. So we’ll call it five-seven branches to fight five branches.

From my point of view the world is just side one vs side two. Which is fine, good luck to both of you, but don’t act like you’re anything different from the other side for it. You’ll either win with your coalition or BWN will win with theirs. But a coalition is going to win.

Fluvisol

Phrourach
Just pointing out I've been informed SS are "losing" cities to Greeks with barely any support in the sieges on their top players, while they keep sending LS and fliers to die on BWN LMD sieges
Wondering whether they're creating a buffer zone against BWN with a neutral party or if there's more going on there

King Soos

Strategos
Just pointing out I've been informed SS are "losing" cities to Greeks with barely any support in the sieges on their top players, while they keep sending LS and fliers to die on BWN LMD sieges
Wondering whether they're creating a buffer zone against BWN with a neutral party or if there's more going on there
you should sit this one out fluv :)