TKF's Power Rankings Edition Ten: OCEANS VETERANS Rise, Spirtum Sancti Hanging By A Thread, Warlords Fall Out!

DeletedUser41523

Edition ten is finally here. There's been a series of major shake ups in the world and admittedly, its hard to place everyone accurately a few days after these changes. But I'll try my best to do the world justice.

Discord World Chat Link: https://discord.gg/aVMU7aj

The Map
LIxMK9s.png

J6oFGkP.png

JX2wZtb.png

1) Bad With Names/Bad With Numbers- Its hard to say that the gap has closed back up between BWN and the #2 team. But that's what's happened. However, Bad With Names has more or less defeated Spirtum Sancti and Silly Rabbits and send Ocean 44 plunging into chaos. While several teams have formed that will surely challenge them for supremacy of these ocean. They are the primary beneficiary of these changes as Spirtum Sancti was a key coalition member as were Warlords. They also gained Tomas and Majorx in the deal. They appear to have had Dasun60 go into VM however. Outside of OCEANS VETERANS, it'll be a boring few weeks for them as they clean up O44 and advance to the newer alliances. But I'm sure they'll welcome a little boring for awhile. They're a major winner of the coalition implosion.

World Status: World Leader

2) OCEANS VETERANS/Flaming Dragon-
They have fully earned this spot having taken a 36-33 lead on Bad With Names. I've said it before. This group has definitely proved its point and defied the odds. I never thought they'd disband, but I didn't think they'd keep it close. Let alone get a lead with how they started. But they've kept a respectable score from start to finish and now have the lead. They definitely have earned the jump over Balkans. There's a legitimate case for them to be in the new #1 team in the rankings. But I think they need to gain a significant lead first. That is to say that they need to get ahead by double digits. Unfortunately they are probably the biggest loser of the coalition implosion. They had a lot of pieces on the map for world wonders before. Now they're back to looking again.

World Status: Contender

3) Balkan Boyz/Balkan Boyz*/Ice Boyz-
A huge beneficiary of the coalition imploding. They're now faced with Beasties and some of the Mongoose squad and have claims on a pair of the most impressive scalps in the world with a chance to pick up another good scalp in Beasties who they now lead 23-19. Not a bad world for them all things considered. They're major winners of the Spirtum Sancti coalition falling since they'll do wonders with Bad With Names. But most importantly here, they get a significant chunk of their ocean back.

4) The Booty Warrior Cult-
Probably the biggest beneficiary of the Warlords collapse having gained the most players from it and having made the jump from 12th to 6th in the world. We're currently beating the Fighting Mongooses/Immortals by a score of 18-0 there's also a kick in there but I don't know how many cities we took off it anymore. We also have a 2-0 score on Beasties and are currently moving to 5-6 with M.A.D./M.A.D.?

World Status: Rulers of O54

5) M.A.D./M.A.D.?-
Break up life has been good for them. Not to long ago they were in a position where they were about to decline off the list entirely. It just wasn't competitive anymore. Then Big Papa extended an olive branch. They got to recoup and then Big Papa let things completely fall apart and they got to break off and get back in the fight. They've done just that and stuck it to ***The Greeks*** this week. They have a legitimate chance to become the leader in Ocean 44 and make a run at winning the world. This is also a prime example of why you don't just give up during a tough time in the world. They're another beneficiary of the coalition implosion in a strange way. They got to get their contender status back and picked up some newer players. They also full their own liberty to run things as they like again.

6) Beasties-
Down 0-2 to The Booty Warrior Cult and down 19-23 to the Balkans. They've had a rough situation handed to them but they'll have to make the best of it. Despite the record though, I can't really say they're not a contender either. Them combined with Mongooses/Immortals would actually make the second largest faction at this point and there's still three months to play with. They could possibly leverage this into getting to the table for a WW discussion for teams against BWN. Their only draw back is that their location is pretty terrible when compared to teams like M.A.D. or OCEANS VETERANS. They're a loser of Warlords imploding having been on their side and benefited from Warlords occupying the attention of most relevant rivals. But at least they don't have Bad With Names on the schedule for this world.

7) The Pariahs-
They're up 2-0 on Sea Warriors and 3-1 vs the Mongooses/Immortals. They are also poised to claw their way back into the top 15 alliances in this world. If they can touch the top 12 alliances again, it'll be very impressive.

World Status: O54 Power

8) Slackers-
The split off alliance of Spirtum Sancti and Silly Rabbits. They have a 2-1 lead with ***The Greeks***. Which already makes them good enough to take the 8th spot this week. Time will tell if they can hold it.

Edit: Slackers and Greeks are allied. Not moving though because Slackers probably has the brighter future for now.

World Status: O34/O44 Power

9) ***The Greeks***-
One of them messaged me saying that I should write a nicer review this week. Well you moved up from 10th to 9th. Not really through your own means but as a result of what happened to two other alliances. When I saw that Greeks and M.A.D. were going at it I thought that they'd put on a good show. It just looks like now they screwed themselves by kicking up rocks. M.A.D. has indeed taken cities left, right, and center. Bad With Names has also gotten a couple of licks in on them since the SS collapse. As have Slackers. Now they have managed to take a couple off of M.A.D. in return. But they need to figure things out fast and I believe that they are aware of this as well as its rumored that they've been looking for pacts.

World Status: Declining Power

10) The Fighting Mongooses/Immortals-
They got the spirit and actually try to help each other a lot. But there's no dice here. Too many holes, too many mistakes being made for them to do much other than refound cities after they lose them. Most of them seem like nice people. But this is pretty much the closest thing to Pandagoatium I've seen this world.

World Status: Low Power

11) The Horde-
Took a lead on Sea Warriors by a score of 4-2. Down to M.A.D. by a score of 0-12. Good enough to make the top 12.

World Status: New Comer

12) Spirtum Sancti/Silly Rabbits-
They've fallen down this far and will surely fall out of the list. They stay here because whats left of their roster would probably beat everyone else not on the list. All I can say is that you gotta give credit to their leader. It takes a big man to talk like he did and then bail and then actually make a new premade posting for the new world. You got to feel bad for their players who got left high and dry by this. I feel like its pretty sobering to go from a contender to knowing that they won't be in next week's edition in the course of two weeks. That said, I don't think they should quit over this. Join M.A.D., BWN, Slackers, or ***The Greeks***. Whoever will take you and keep playing. I'll explain why nobody should quit below.

World Status: Fallen

To Former Coalition Members:
Its a bad situation, that I won't deny. You all mostly got dealt poor hands by having Big Papa for a main leader. And if what I saw on the externals was enough to go on then Warlords wasn't helped by Shadow much either. That said, there's a lot of value in playing the situation out. You never know what three months has in store or what the world will look like. That said, there's still opportunities to build new teams and improve overall or gain respect and leverage that for a place in a competitive faction at the end. But overall this is a world that more or less is perfect to work on improvement rather than winning the world. Winning is nice. But this isn't what people would call a highly competitive world. This is the opportunity to make mistakes, learn from them, and play out bad situations.

If nothing else convinces you to keep going then consider this. If you keep playing, you'll at some point run into Big Papa and Shadow again. I can promise you that they won't be any better than they were here. Because it got hard and they bailed when they realized that they might not even win. Don't fall into that same trap. There's a reason neither have won an En world or even competed at the end and the leaders of the teams on the top 4 or 5 of this list have won at least once and competed for the win multiple times.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser56772

Two minutes silence for x Warlords players who have joined Bad with Names for a free crown.

*slowclaps*

DeletedUser10810

3) Balkan Boyz/Balkan Boyz*/Ice Boyz- A huge beneficiary of the coalition imploding. They're now faced with Beasties and some of the Mongoose squad and have claims on a pair of the most impressive scalps in the world with a chance to pick up another good scalp in Beasties who they now lead 23-19. Not a bad world for them all things considered. They're major winners of the Spirtum Sancti coalition falling since they'll do wonders with Bad With Names. But most importantly here, they get a significant chunk of their ocean back.

I was so excited for this as always. But this section made me real disappointed. How do you think Warlords fall? Why do you think their players went off one after the other? If BB don't get credit for this major win against Warlords, then who is? An alliance like Warlord doesn't fall by itself. This happened just last week which should be a part of this section.

Now winning an ongoing war by 36-33 (Actually 32-14) against no.1 alliance in this server is a big achievement itself. However I like to understand how Warlord's destruction by BB was not something bigger or equal than the result between OV vs BwN?

Also I am not sure about the source of few more information provided in this section about Balkan Boyz. Maybe we need to update our knowledge base as well.

DeletedUser41523

@The rawr

Actually you’re the only group I did give any kind of credit to. “A pair of the most impressive scalps”. But it was also a team effort and not just BB. Bad With Names contributed some and The Booty Warrior Cult and The Pariahs also contributed to the fall of Warlords. While I can't say they'd have won, Warlords are probably still around if not taking hits from all sides. They also most likely would have free reign over O54. Instead they were choked off from the North, West, and South. Along with essentially having to NAP Mongooses. They were put into an unfavorable position in which none of the three sides they had to fight on were winnable and they couldn't expand. Which caused them to give it up.

Where as for OV/FD you can argue that its been all them. It was close when SS wasn't fighting BWN. It was close while SS was fighting BWN. Its close now that SS is gone. SS and the coalition contributed very little positive to the result and probably served to bring positivity and energy into Bad With Names. OV has done it from a position that's more or less been conquer or die. So I consider that very impressive, yes. They also just happened to pick a position in which they are fighting one on one with Bad With Names. Their only real failing is their choice in partners. If they had landed better partners, they honestly would be so far ahead that they'd be #1.

kingpg28

Phrourach
Then Big Papa extended an olive branch. They got to recoup and then Big Papa let things completely fall apart and they got to break off and get back in the fight. They've done just that and stuck it to ***The Greeks*** this week. They have a legitimate chance to become the leader in Ocean 44 and make a run at winning the world. This is also a prime example of why you don't just give up during a tough time in the world.

sounds like BZC when koreans extended that dumb deal in en100... only reason i left them... bad leaders make bad moves

DeletedUser38766

Seems, it was pretty accurate whn i gave warlords 3-4 weeks lmao. Anyway good read as always!

DeletedUser55134

Was pure luck, obviously. If it weren’t for that meddling TBWC. A bunch of good balkans players. And the nightmare bunny branch, shadow would have had you all. ;)
Them escaping to VM and ghosing menas we lose a lot of BP actually.

Fluvisol

Phrourach
Just so you know, the OV score will jump up a bit as I move fronts towards them. You know how much I like founding in enemy cores and backlines, and I don't even try to keep those cities :)
It's the reason I'm not a fan of judging wars by numbers, as the location of the cities matters a lot
Side note, well done to OV for landing a LMD deep in BWN area. Shame you couldn't hold on to it for longer than a day

DeletedUser41523

While founding in an enemy core can have its benefits. I’d still put some stock in it if they take one. They’d still be taking a new enemy city in their core, which more or less is saving some time on founding their core. Might not be ideal. But if the entire war is just them pushing you guys out of their core, then that’s what it is.

Don’t get me wrong I get the strategy of founding there since I’m guessing the front is very ltsed by FD. I’ve said for awhile now that if you guys successfully get into the core, the war takes a whole new meaning.

DeletedUser54706

That's one thing you're missing from these Dan, a perspective on city locations lost, but that would probably be too much work for you, would shed better light on the wars rather than pure numbers

EG - us losing a city in 045 to BWN that we don't protect cause... well... it's in 045 miles away from us, wouldn't really constitute solid evidence for BWN beating us (I know it's a silly example cos we're hardly at 'war' with them due to positioning, but it makes my point)

Fluvisol

Phrourach
While founding in an enemy core can have its benefits. I’d still put some stock in it if they take one.
I mean
The one they took from me had been there for 3 hours when they finally landed
They took a city that was like 2 farm levels away from being just a foundling
I got 2k bp from sniping alone with troops from a horse token I would've deleted anyways, and from intel I got by just being there I got another 4k in the next 12 hours

While I see what you mean, that only really works if it was founded with the intention to keep it. I just found with the intention of being a carrot and gathering some intel :D

DeletedUser41523

That's one thing you're missing from these Dan, a perspective on city locations lost, but that would probably be too much work for you, would shed better light on the wars rather than pure numbers

EG - us losing a city in 045 to BWN that we don't protect cause... well... it's in 045 miles away from us, wouldn't really constitute solid evidence for BWN beating us (I know it's a silly example cos we're hardly at 'war' with them due to positioning, but it makes my point)

I do realize some of those don't hurt the overall situation. But like you said,it'd be too much work and is simply impossible to keep track of. But I also look at it like this, sure the city was far away. But it was there to begin with. And that's on the alliance in my opinion. Also if I allowed that, everyone would rush to give the context to every city loss and start trying to explain why they're actually winning. Several people have already tried to do that and as it turned out, they weren't winning actually. The city still goes out of one alliance's hands and into a rival's. Even if they're more or less forced to take it to secure themselves or if its cut loose.

DeletedUser45100

I cant escape the feeling we arent being given enough credit.

I am okay with leaving BWN at first place, even tho I would even argue that, but no way we arent the 2nd best alliance in this server.

BB has dealt the bigest blows so far in the world. we took down the Plague and now the Warlords/Bunnies.

Even the argument of the Greeks (meaning former Souvlaki not the actual the Greeks alliance) doing most of the work doesnt really stand for much right now since we routed them as well. have them quiting and going into VM left and right. even the ex Plague players that left us did not help.

We had fights on multiple fronts, betrayals and core breaks and yet we overcame it all and are in a pretty envious position. not to mention that the merge with Ice makes us the big boss in any O55 talks if there was any doubt about that till that point.

We underestimated the Beasties for a long time, but when we took them a bit more seriously we turned that around, and trust me now that we have a front less, that score is just gonna keep going up in our favor. (its going up as we speak ;) )

DeletedUser45100

P.S. the ex Plague members and the former Souvlaki were still the strongest of the lot in Warlords, which goes to prove what me and some others were saying here for a long time, Bunnies werent that strong, they just didnt run into strong enough competition along the way until they tried to move in on us.

Yossarian234

Strategos
no, u still bad, bunnies were just worse

I love it when you guys cry on someones top 12 for not getting ranking you desire. I even dare to say TWBC should be on higher position than you.