TKF's Power Rankings Edition Twelve: Bad With Names Against The World, Balkans Solidfy #1 Spot, Booty Warriors Rise, Greeks Rise!

• Thread starter DeletedUser41523
  • Start date

DeletedUser41523

The much speculated and anticipated war between the Balkans and Bad With Names is in full swing. So far its like comparing the original Star Wars Trilogy to the Prequel Trilogy.

The Map
Quvopja.png

9EVAVLu.png

GV3DzTH.png

1) Balkan Boyz/Balkan Boyz*/Ice Boyz- Its been difficult to keep track of the war due to prior hand offs. But it doesn't seem necessary to be absolutely accurate so far either as its just not competitive right now from a stats standpoint. Maybe the Balkans feel differently? Either way its really hard to take away anything other than Balkans are out right winning this war and world right now. They've also been the driving force in taking Beasties down from a contender to a food alliance and have gained some players from it. With an ally in the north and their rear secured, Balkans really only have to push the front on Bad With Names to win the world. Their score with Bad With Names is 17-2 (possibly 17-0) roughly and their score with Beasties is 115-20.

World Status: World Leader

2) The Booty Warrior Cult-
Played a supporting role in the Beasties war so far, though benefitted from its decline none the less by absorbing its better O54 players. This really leaves Mongooses and MAD to deal with. Maybe the Greeks? With an ally in Balkans and pretty clean conquest record compared to others, its safe to slot us at #2 I feel. The war record includes 16-1 war against Beasties (with Beasties having kicked some), a 39-0 record vs Fighting Mongooses, and a 10-8 record vs MAD.

World Status: Manifest Destiny

3) OCEANS VETERANS/Rising Tide-
Pull ahead of Bad With Names again and its a respectable conquest gap now if you count the Xuegou cities kicked under siege. I said that they would need to break out of O35 and actually beat Bad With Names to have a chance. They now have the chance to do just that. The score with Bad With Names is 58-51. If they play their cards right here, they can win.

World Status: Contender

4) Bad With Names/Bad With Numbers-
Down to OCEANS VETERANS, down to Balkan Boys, and just came out of today adding The Booty Warrior Cult to their enemy list (I made a joke to a friend there that I guess some efforts are due to always fail). A turn around isn't impossible but combined that's a pretty big uphill battle for a group that's appearing to be losing cities frequently now. Making this worse is the list of people deciding that now is a good time to come off VM and check out. Doing that at that time leaves one to wonder if there has been internal fighting. They still have some good players. Key players would include Stoppable, Firefly, Joe, Valk, Ramm, Dnl, Iforgot, Maybor, Ladybolt, Achilles, Flcoblades, Tomas, and Majorx. To name some of them. They have the ability to do damage and the people happy to do it. Unfortunately, for all the talent they have, they have many simmers and people past their prime. The question is now how do they respond? Should they die, I'll write about how they got there and offer my take on things. Which honestly, this concept alone should be motivation enough to not lose.

World Status: In Flux

5) Greeks-
I moved them up as they seem to keep rolling with the punches and dealing damage back to MAD. They've gone on a pretty good run over the last couple weeks. Though the war is still close, Greeks are ahead for now. They've also managed to flip Dins Renewed from MAD to Greeks. So they get that top five spot.

World Status: O44 Power

6) M.A.D./M.A.D.?-
Spent the week losing towns to everyone really. They've also dropped to 8-10 vs TBWC and 1-2 with The Pariahs. Opinion remains the same as before. Would be a really good team with its handful of key players only. But they're average with the extra parts. The key factors for this team will be keeping Greeks and TBWC from popping off. If the score gets too lopsided, they're mostly out of moves to keep going as an alliance.

World Status: Contender

7) The Pariah-
2-1 vs MAD, 5-1 vs Fighting Mongooses. A pretty good rebound from the horrible start.

World Status: O53/O54 Power

8) Slackers-
They seem to be getting around to dismantling the Twisted alliances for control of O34. The score is 39-2 with Twisted. They're also up 4-0 on MAD.

World Status: Rim Alliance

9) Mongooses-
The Mongoose-Mob civil war is apparently underway. It'll be interesting to see how they deal with the loss of their branch and the decline of their ally in Beasties. They've given some decent siege break attempts. But usually have too many sieges to cover. In order to keep going, they'll have to win the civil war.

World Status: Under Pressure

10) The Mob-
In a civil war with Mongooses.

World Status: Rebellious

11) Beasties-
They could still probably beat TAKO's but beyond that, its pretty over for this alliance. There's no coming back from the Balkans score or replacing all of the lost talent. The best they could do now is look to somebody like Mongooses to merge into.

World Status: In Decline

12) TAKO's-
They're still in O65 and haven't taken advantage of the problems in Beasties. They likely last as long as it takes Balkan Boyz to get there.

World Status: On The Edge Of The World

DeletedUser54706

I don't see why TBWC make 2nd, your roles in wars have been supporting (against beasties, BB when they were a thing and warlords) apart from with us, which is still relatively close, OV & BWN still deserve 2 & 3 IMO based on their performance server long

DeletedUser41523

These editions tend to be based on what you’re doing right now and not what you did three editions ago. Resume can count. But beating the plague or SS becomes a lot less impressive if you start losing multiple wars.

Don’t take this the wrong way. But I don’t consider MAD to really be that close a war and if anyone looked at it in Grepolife by individual conquests they’d probably agree. But since that’s a lot of work, let’s summarize. We dropped after you and between you and bunnies. You guys were already established and had 4 of your 8 conquests take place in the first month of our existence while you were significantly larger than us. And the number of conquests have decreased as we’ve gotten more established. Meanwhile most of ours have come pretty recently. But it’s hard to consider something close when one side attacks and the other side doesn't really fight and when they hit a problem they list excuses or complain. It’s really difficult to take you guys seriously as a group and score is more reflective of our doing other things + your initial size advantage. Don’t get me wrong, I credited it while you were leading the war. But once we got established I didn’t really feel any threat from MAD. Really the saving grace to the team are Hoag and Ro, who seem to carry you guys offensively. With Hoag also carrying you guys leadership wise too.

As for other wars. A lot of bunnies say we tipped the balance. Maybe that true, maybe not. But we went off on a solid run during that war losing only 2 towns and conquering north of 40 I think. So I wouldn’t call it supporting so much as also doing well.

Beasties we were totally supporting in and Balkans deserve most the credit there. Though they were allied with Mongooses so we did our part as best we could.

OV probably will jump us soon as they open up the lead on BWN and/or recruit BWN players. But our resent surge in recruiting, relatively clean conquest record, and also being able to claim we’re winning all of our wars put us at second this time around.

BWN has no case to be higher than four right now with them losing by double digits to Balkans less than a week into the war while taking very little. Closing in on double digit city losses to OV. Having internal issues. Having multiple people in VM. Having people specifically pick now to drop VM and hand off. The list could go on. Fact is there’s a lot of problems there right now. Their only way back up is winning their wars.

DeletedUser41523

I don't see why TBWC make 2nd. BWN still deserve 3 IMO.

One day after declaring war they’re basically done. *Flex*. And you wanted them above us.

Kidding of course, we had nothing to do with their downfall. Still hilarious that you wanted them above us though with that in mind.

DeletedUser54706

They could consolidate to 1 alliance, eat the guys as they come out of VM block, we were in a worse position and recovered it, they can do the same, hence why I think they should still have the spot

DeletedUser41523

They could consolidate to 1 alliance, eat the guys as they come out of VM block, we were in a worse position and recovered it, they can do the same, hence why I think they should still have the spot

You weren’t in a worse position. Your entire rear was safe and we weren’t focusing hard on you. So you just had one average but concentrated group to deal with. BWN is facing three solid alliances and a bad one or two and doing so from all sides.

They wont rebound to be #1. This isn’t an issue that just started on this world either it predates to when I led there even. Really they have three choices.

1) Pack It Up
2) Keep the course
3) Go full Masked Profanity

They seem to be choosing #2. In any sense they’re pretty much out of wonder contention as their own group.

DeletedUser45100

That seems logical, issue is, the way they crashed and burned straight away was not logical at all.

I think most of them are in a panic now cos people are leaving, going into VM, new breakout alliances are appearing.

for them to consolidate like you say, they would need a unifying voice, which would then again be somebody who is strong and respected and a lot of those are already in VM now.

in the words of Trump: "Sounds good, doesnt work"

DeletedUser16429

what is lmd?

Honestly congrats to OV and BB for the “win”. I wish half the alliance weren’t pansies and quit this easy and i also wish our best players hadn’t been sent to VM from spam, the world would be different.

The only thing that bothers me is the spineless members who ran to OV and BB. The lack of dignity with sticking it out with BWN made me realize we were destined to fail with members like that in the alliance

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
Honestly congrats to OV and BB for the “win”. I wish half the alliance weren’t pansies and quit this easy and i also wish our best players hadn’t been sent to VM from spam, the world would be different.

The only thing that bothers me is the spineless members who ran to OV and BB. The lack of dignity with sticking it out with BWN made me realize we were destined to fail with members like that in the alliance

your team mates were not pansies, they are just smart enough to realize when you have no chance, so why waste more time and sleepless nights answering alarm when your enemies united entire world against you from all fronts, especially those particular enemies being all other top alliances, can you name 1 team that would last or do anything against such pressure and war on all fronts?

you aint nothing special yourself nick so i would not talk about other people that have common brain usage to quit/change team when its over already for their team, other than that, nice job to balkan crew, they stuck it out this world, even tho its not over yet they will most likely fight OV in 45 when dust settles and others teams as they would be fools to keep their naps/pacts with balkan and allow them an easy win.

DeletedUser41523

You can’t blame people for wanting off the ride either. From what everyone ended up saying, it sounds like it became a train wreck. Sometimes enough is enough and if people are given a chance to bolt like they were given, they’ll want to take it.

DeletedUser54978

Before anyone say anithing more about people who left or join bb or ov
Just remember that hours and hours was spent in game
Hours and hours of RL
So that people deserve to have another chance to do anything on server or at least have more fun and end game how they need to end
I won't blame it
If you look right
Worse thing is siming worse then join people who you fight against in first

DeletedUser16429

your team mates were not pansies, they are just smart enough to realize when you have no chance, so why waste more time and sleepless nights answering alarm when your enemies united entire world against you from all fronts, especially those particular enemies being all other top alliances, can you name 1 team that would last or do anything against such pressure and war on all fronts?

you aint nothing special yourself nick so i would not talk about other people that have common brain usage to quit/change team when its over already for their team, other than that, nice job to balkan crew, they stuck it out this world, even tho its not over yet they will most likely fight OV in 45 when dust settles and others teams as they would be fools to keep their naps/pacts with balkan and allow them an easy win.
Umm I know I’m nothing special not news to me dude, but I’m a quality team member who is always gonna pull his weight and help. I’m not gonna run because yes bad things happened and we have ghost, but BWN has slowly cut a good bit of fat and next week looks promising;)

And I think BWN fought on all fronts when we faced ZFG and FD/OV in en107??

DeletedUser41523

OV wasn’t in 107. That was just some of the Pandagoatium people looking to recapture the glory of Rhodes. There was also ThePlague and Bedtime Squad. Also Llamas and Neighborhood Delinquents that BWN ended pacts with. Overall it was a pretty impressive resume.

But this world is a bit different.

DeletedUser45100

OV wasn’t in 107. That was just some of the Pandagoatium people looking to recapture the glory of Rhodes. There was also ThePlague and Bedtime Squad. Also Llamas and Neighborhood Delinquents that BWN ended pacts with. Overall it was a pretty impressive resume.

On a bit of a diferent note, I have huge respect for alliances like OV, The Plague, BWN exactly because of their abilites to win or be contenders in multiple worlds.
Consistency of play and people and the trust built.

Honestly wonder what that is like, as I have been on an off grepo and never been with the same alliance twice. Made a lot of friends and played with and against a lot of people but never had them repeats :D

Fluvisol

Phrourach

Actually pretty much none of the rhodes leaders for pandas was there. It was just another Tai alliance but branded a bit differently to lure players from Rhodes in

Honestly wonder what that is like, as I have been on an off grepo and never been with the same alliance twice. Made a lot of friends and played with and against a lot of people but never had them repeats :D
It's nice to know you can just jump in when you want and have a team. Joined this world to say hi to a few people as I had lost their contact details, got sent an invite almost right away :)
Also makes it just that little sadder though when you realise people just haven't got the time to play and it's not the same as it was, myself included. Was fine with a 3 month old but with a nearly 2 year old? Bit tougher lol