TKF's Power Rankings Second Edition: Tidal Wave Rises, Watchers, Government, and NEMESIS Drop, New Faces Appear

DeletedUser41523

Its a new week in Sidon and protection has ended for every team in this power ranking. Cities are being exchanged, battles are being fought, and Retribution is currently trying to start a rap battle with Just For Laughs. A lot of teams are making their plays for the temples early, which is something that I wouldn't have expected this early in all honesty. But its been fun to watch none of the less with several teams going as far as to start founding out on the rim or deep into areas like O56. So lets get started.

World Chat Link: https://discord.gg/xmqTf4a <---- New around here? Well hit that link and join our world chat. You can worship @Phidippidies' dog, Kira, like the rest of us.

The Map
lTwQcc6.png
MvChQtX.png

1) FRANK- Honestly I half expected to have to change this spot with Just For Laughs or Send Noots for awhile. But FRANK decided to end its annual tradition of starting the end of BP in a chaotic fashion that puts Saving Private Ryan's opening scene to shame. Instead they're just taking cities so far. They surged into the top 5 points immediately out of BP, still a solid roster, taken a Government city and a NEMESIS city while sinking over 1800 NEMESIS ships. They seem to be going the more traditional route of building a core in their starting area. They have the benefit of having several temples to choose from near by, including a portal. They maintain a clean conquest record at the moment.

2) Just For Laughs- There was a lot of trash talk between them and the Retribution team as protection ended. I believe Sophie said that war record doesn't tell the whole story and that might be true. But it doesn't hurt to be up 14-0 on somebody that you're in a trash talking session with. They lead the world in takes off of groups affiliated with the Nemesis Empire though as we'll cover in the Nemesis Empire section, that's a bit complicated. Similar to FRANK, Just For Laughs have maintained a clean conquest record out of protection. They don't seem to be gunning for coring or temple positions at the moment, but that makes sense for them given that they are currently a 16 man team. They appear to have gotten rid of AncientNeko at this time for whatever reason.

3) Send Noots- They're currently up 3-0 on Creed and 1-0 on The Watchers. So all in all its not a bad start for them in O44. The main question is if they'll be able to keep the momentum and build something capable of holding O44 against Just For Laughs and FRANK in the future. They also have Tidal Wave to consider in their own ocean. The only real drawback that I could see for this team is that for the moment they could become a victim of too many attacks on too many fronts. When you look at the map, you'll see that they have a lot of fighting to do in their own ocean with it being one of the most tightly packed. They don't seem to be prioritizing portal temples early on but are making some moves to position themselves by other temples.

4) Tidal Wave- Tital Wave has surged up in points since coming off of BP. They've taken 4 cities off of the Nemesis Empire since dropping. Similar to the rest of the teams in the top four, they have a clean conquest record for week one.

5) Hugs- Rounding out the top 5 is Hugs, who are #1 in points and are 3-1 vs the Nemesis Empire with 3 of their takes coming off of Relentless and the loss coming from Masters of Chant. Its a pretty good start in terms of conquests. The one strategy that catches the eye here is that they too have moved south towards a portal temple in O55. They're actually building up right next to Relentless in the same area which probably explains the conquests against them there.

6) FISH- Their main appeal here is that they're a top 15 team with a clean conquest record. Which is good enough to get into the top half this week. If you look at their position, its among the worst with being in the heart of the whole Nemesis Empire and having FRANK and Anonymous not far away from them. Just as easily as they made it to 6th, they could drop out of the rankings entirely if they make too many errors in the future. But one benefit to being in the heart of the Nemesis Empire is that you get a good crack at the Nemesis cities. Unfortunately, they have yet to take any.

7) Nemesis Empire (NEMESIS/NEMESIS BROTHERHOOD/FEARLESS NEMESIS/R.T.T.E./Relentless/Creed/Creed Brotherhood/Retribution/Retribution II/Curse of the Reivers/Reivers Too/Reivers Trois/Boom/Masters of Chant/Chanters Too/Winter Wolves/Summer Wolves/KASTEL CITY STATES)- I think this group probably interested people the most last week and there's been a lot of speculation on who is in and who is out of the coalition as a whole. I think I have the answer here. Its simple. All of the listed teams are part of the Nemesis Empire...but some of the lesser known teams aren't directly allied to NEMESIS. They're allied to Nemesis' allies and will likely be absorbed by these allies over time. So its still worth listing them. But think of somebody like Winter Wolves as more of an associate or a friend of a friend but they still answer to a coalition member. Speaking of coalition members, Masters of Chant and their branch have been more or less brought into the fold. They joined a NEMESIS and R.T.T.E. siege break attempt against a FRANK siege on a NEMESIS city.

For those keeping score at home the player count of all of these alliances is 549, which is up from last week. So if you're hoping that they'll go away anytime soon then don't bank on it. As more groups and players join, its more likely that they'll join some of these branches.

8) The Watchers/The Watcher's/T.B.D.- 0-1 to Noots and 0-1 to the Nemesis Empire which isn't a good start. They seem to be going for the O56 portal temple and the O44 portal temple in an interesting split core strategy. I suppose if they hold both of these portals then the strategy pays off as they can send directly to the Olympus Temple. But I think that like other teams, they're playing for the portals really early. The Watchers seem to be doing a lot of internalizing early as they eat members of their other Watcher's branch.

9) Fluffy Pigeons- 0-1 to Nemesis Empire 1-0 vs Government. They're a small team based in O55 and in relatively close concentration. I think they'll be on this list for a good awhile knowing a couple of their players.

10) Government/Government Gateway- 0-1 to FRANK and 0-1 Fluffy Pigeons but 2-0 vs Nemesis Empire and 1-0 vs Anonymous. Its a bit of a tumble from last time. But that's sort of what happens when you don't have an established core yet are a bit spread out. I expect that'll change and they'll move up in time. But right now its hard to justify them being much higher.

11) Anonymous- 0-1 to Government but 1-0 vs the Nemesis Empire. This team is a new comer to the power rankings. They're located on the north O55-O45 border and appear to be holding their own for now in the area. Whether it stays that way in the coming weeks remains to be seen.

12) Twisted/More Twisted- They stay on the list for another week. They actually have a clean conquest record but they haven't fought anybody on the list yet. Given how many teams that got sucked into some form of affiliation with Nemesis, expect Twisted to be swinging in and out of the 12th spot a lot. They currently occupy islands in north O55 and appear to be co-building an area with Retribution in north O54. But there's been no word that they've joined the Nemesis Empire yet so they'll get their own independent spot on the list.

DeletedUser41523

This week's power ranking is brought to you by Rite Aid!

Rite Aid: Your parents used to come here before realizing that CVS was better. Now kids just shoot up in the bathrooms here.

DeletedUser46395

This week's power ranking is brought to you by Rite Aid!

Rite Aid: Your parents used to come here before realizing that CVS was better. Now kids just shoot up in the bathrooms here.
It's bad form having US sponsors on EN servers. People's parents went to Boots. Or Timothy White and Taylor's if they're really old, and possibly Superdrug if they're really young.

DeletedUser26213

We've seen some...interesting behavior from Watchers that suggests they're allied with Creed. So maybe time to add them in with the rest of the MRA coalition

DeletedUser45100

Nice one again Dan. A pleasure reading these.

I agree with you on our situation but we already have plans for it, so not really worried.

P.S. The score on Watchers is 2-0 and Creed is 5-0 ;) (some stat saving happened but oh well)

DeletedUser56253

Imagine being ranked first without having a single top 20 fighter.. kinda biased lol

DeletedUser41523

Imagine being ranked first without having a single top 20 fighter.. kinda biased lol

I don’t think anyone has cared about BP rankings as a measurement of alliance power since maybe 2014.

FRANK gets the spot primarily because if you go back and look, they haven’t lost many cities over the last few years. They also have a direct win over the #2 team....who I believe has a direct win over the #3 team. Not enough has happened in this world yet to change these positions.

DeletedUser46395

I don’t think anyone has cared about BP rankings as a measurement of alliance power since maybe 2014.

FRANK gets the spot primarily because if you go back and look, they haven’t lost many cities over the last few years. They also have a direct win over the #2 team....who I believe has a direct win over the #3 team. Not enough has happened in this world yet to change these positions.

You don't have to justify your rankings, they're how you see it. Anyone else can do whatever rankings they want based however they want.

DeletedUser41523

maybe power rankings should change and be based on current world and not previous world bias.

While I'm sure that everybody forgetting your previous worlds would be both extremely convenient and desired for you specifically. Its kind of hard to forget previous worlds this early on when there still isn't much to go on, wouldn't call it bias though. So much as previous world facts. The ranks are in order of who I think would win in head to head match ups vs others on this list and will gradually shift more to this world and move off of their previous reputation as the food disappears and the more relevant groups have to fight.

However if you disagree, I'm all for seeing other people's rankings as well.

Last edited by a moderator: