TKF's Power Rankings Second Edition: Tidal Wave Rises, Watchers, Government, and NEMESIS Drop, New Faces Appear

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
LOL

basically every single power ranking you do for every world you are in, you base it with full bias and reputation from previous worlds rather than what each ally is doing in the current world, and that is a fact ;)

or do i need to check how many power editions it took you to take BWN in 121 from top spot , or how many times you ranked your own ally there ahead of others ?

at end of the day, as long as it provides readers of externals with some excitement i guess your power rankings are okay and do the job just fine, but for anyone really playing in any of the alliances you mention and know whats going on in game better than you its totally of base and i get them.

DeletedUser41523

Alright all I'm gonna say in response to the bias thing is this.

1) Has FRANK done anything yet to indicate that this time will be different and they won't be the best fighting team and win their head to heads? Like they have on literally every server they've fought?

2) Has anybody else done anything to indicate that FRANK won't be the best fighting team?

Going by this logic we may as well not rank JFL second either and instead the biggest teams in the top 12 points should just be used for the rankings.

I mean come on man its only been a week and you're already being pretty ridiculous. I'd ask why BWN is being mentioned or explain how I ranked them later on. But I understand that both FRANK and BWN negatively impacted worlds that you played and that FRANK has a good mix of both players. So I get that you're looking to just take the jabs over the externals that you can fit in, seeing as you never landed them in game.

DeletedUser46395

LOL

basically every single power ranking you do for every world you are in, you base it with full bias and reputation from previous worlds rather than what each ally is doing in the current world, and that is a fact ;)

or do i need to check how many power editions it took you to take BWN in 121 from top spot , or how many times you ranked your own ally there ahead of others ?

at end of the day, as long as it provides readers of externals with some excitement i guess your power rankings are okay and do the job just fine, but for anyone really playing in any of the alliances you mention and know whats going on in game better than you its totally of base and i get them.

Well they do provide entertainment and a talking point, but at the end of the day they're just one person's view/one alliance's propaganda (delete as you see appropriate). It's not going to have any of the top alliance leaders reassessing their priorities, just reinforce pre-existing prejudices.
What I'm interested in is how people's predictions time in with reality with this endgame.

DeletedUser54362

1) Has FRANK done anything yet to indicate that this time will be different and they won't be the best fighting team and win their head to heads? Like they have on literally every server they've fought?

my issue with this is how you define 'best'. I have seen a lot of these players in other worlds and there are very good players in this team. But i have also seen, in this world, you guys taking a city. The amount of gold you had to spend to keep reinforcing it with BIR was insane. you must have spent an absolute fortune.
You cannot identify as the best fighting team if you have to pay to win. That is a fact, in my opinion. I think that the roster in FRANK is brilliant, but the quality of player, and the quality of play is undermined with excessive gold spending.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
Well they do provide entertainment and a talking point, but at the end of the day they're just one person's view/one alliance's propaganda (delete as you see appropriate). It's not going to have any of the top alliance leaders reassessing their priorities, just reinforce pre-existing prejudices.
What I'm interested in is how people's predictions time in with reality with this endgame.

i would personally like more if a lot of other players did their top 12 based of their views and predictions(which is probably what i will do tomorrow) rather than seeing these power rankings so early in the world when no one did anything important yet or have it based on previous worlds.

DeletedUser41523

@Zivico I don't think people spent all that much personally I golded a whole 15 birs and just sent the rest that came off of the line naturally. The problem with the break was that the 1800 LS were spread across 80-100 attacks with two people sending more than 100 LS. When you consider that 30ish people were building ships to send to the siege and it gets pretty easy to hold the siege.

@Lethal-Bacon What's stopping you from doing that? I am openly welcoming people to post their own power ranking versions on these threads every time even if its just no real explanation and a fast ranking. Personally I'd love different people's perspectives and it'd make doing these all the more worth the time.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
@Lethal-Bacon What's stopping you from doing that?

this thing called biased opinion on small and irrelevant actions team did in this world so far, preventing me from doing anything meaningful other than sharing my personal opinion which i don't tend to do until there is something meaningful to write about, so il stick to top 12 sink or swim until some real interesting wars start which outcomes can go either way rather than us knowing which early war between what teams gonna play out.

DeletedUser54362

@Zivico I don't think people spent all that much personally I golded a whole 15 birs and just sent the rest that came off of the line naturally. The problem with the break was that the 1800 LS were spread across 80-100 attacks with two people sending more than 100 LS. When you consider that 30ish people were building ships to send to the siege and it gets pretty easy to hold the siege.

@Lethal-Bacon What's stopping you from doing that? I am openly welcoming people to post their own power ranking versions on these threads every time even if its just no real explanation and a fast ranking. Personally I'd love different people's perspectives and it'd make doing these all the more worth the time.

yeah, i thought that the small attacks were poor, for the most part. But i was watching. There was some serious golding going on. We would get down to 400 bir, then all of a sudden, 5 more supports which amount to another 150 bir, we get down to 40 again, and again there are support coming from the same people again. There was serious golding going on mate, and you know it.

I dont think thank the gold issue will be the same in a few weeks, it has more of an impact on early world, so it doesnt really matter

DeletedUser41523

yeah, i thought that the small attacks were poor, for the most part. But i was watching. There was some serious golding going on. We would get down to 400 bir, then all of a sudden, 5 more supports which amount to another 150 bir, we get down to 40 again, and again there are support coming from the same people again. There was serious golding going on mate, and you know it.

I dont think thank the gold issue will be the same in a few weeks, it has more of an impact on early world, so it doesnt really matter

I remember it going down maybe once after the 200ish LS hit. Some people brought it back up but we never had more than 800 ships in there. Maybe some people did gold and I missed it? For me, it looked perfectly breakable if people followed up the handful of decent hits. But it looks like the teams are still doing the small hits, the biggest LS I've seen since were about 30 that I killed in their own harbor. I think you're right that golding will be less effective later. But I'm not sure it'll be as needed later if Nemesis and their allies can't build actual hits.

DeletedUser54362

yeah, i agree. I personally hit with about 70, but i was surprised at the small hits being made. Guess it is early world restrictions. I liked the look of FRANK from the offset, but during the siege i did think to myself 'oh no, they arent just going to gold themselves to win are they?'
having said that, you have got a siege in on Andreas ajaj2, a notriously good sniper, for those who dont know him, which is pretty good work.

either way, there is trouble in 45, and its called FRANK

DeletedUser26213

You also might wanna add JFL to the Watchers/Creed/etc MRA coalitionsiege.JPG