TKF's Top 12 Power Rankings First Edition: The Pre-Protection End Rankings

DeletedUser41523

For those new to this kind of thing, this is a list of who I think the most powerful alliances are. If you like my top 12's then you'll probably like this. How I usually rank teams is based around war scoring, momentum, diplomacy, and raw power. This does not necessarily mean that the #1 alliance or group of alliances will always be the top team in this ranking. However, as this is the still the protection period, the rankings this time will primarily be based on position, roster, history, leadership, etc. Lastly this server has a world chat and if you want to discuss the game with other players, trash talk, post memes, or even tell me how good or awful my rankings for the week were personally, then the link to that chat is below. I also highly encourage people to do their own rankings in this thread. Without further ado, here we go!

World Chat Link: https://discord.gg/g8KBku

The Map
lFhNW6h.png

pqtaxc2.png

1) FRANK- Pretty obvious choice for most people. Located in south O45 its a team loaded with good players and a lot of punching power. What they lack in world wins they make up for in war wins, one of those being Just For Laughs on Kastoria. Now that doesn't automatically mean that history will just repeat itself here. But history also can't be ignored. Speaking of history, its also important to note that they imploded coming down the stretch of Teos. There's always that ticking time bomb concern with this group and that could very well be the biggest enemy FRANK deals with. But until that comes, the fact is that this team owns the best gain-loss ratio for a team in Grep at this time. They'll face challengers right out of the gate as everybody has noted their presence with Golden, Fractured Molly's, Government, Nemesis, and R.T.T.E already founding on their islands so keep an eye for action in O45.

2) Just For Laughs- Its a bit of a golden age for Just For Laughs right now with them likely picking up that first win in Neapolis. Most of the team is unknown but I do know Sophie, Loli, and Killme2 are solid enough and whatever your feelings on Charlie or his methods are, he's going to be the driving force behind this team and the fact is that they have an okay starting draw in O54 with Retribution as the only major opponent, which is a winnable fight. Expect them to boom and expect to see them in the top 1 and 2 spots for awhile. Similar to FRANK, history can't be ignored and they have had problems with implosions before or periods where they've gone from hot to cold and let their enemies run away with the win.

3) Send Noots- I haven't heard a ton positive about them in Neapolis (I feel like I've said this before). They have to face off against Watchers in their ocean and eventually JFL if they get by Watchers, which I think that they're going to do. Whatever they did in Neapolis, it'll be hard to be worse than the Watcher's last few worlds. If they can string together some even semi-competent play, then O44 will in their control. They appear to be coring up well and have pulled ahead of both Watchers and Relentless in alliance average.

4) The Watchers/The Watcher's/T.B.D./Flagging Molly's- Important note: I don't have a hard confirmation on TBD and Molly's being in this group right now. But this particular show is about as predictable as the Halloween series at this point so we're gonna just run with it. This combination has been working together since at least Rhodes and mostly plays together when a version of their team forms. I expect these groups to fill out over time and even add more branches. As stated above, they have to square off vs Send Noots and Relentless. Relentless should be something of an easy win for them and they could use that to survive on, they also have those cities nearly monopolized. Send Noots I already stated that I believe will win if they can play even semi-competently...However in a situation where both teams play badly, Watchers will absolutely win. Its also important to note that just because I said Noots will win doesn't mean that Watchers will die. Similar to Michael Meyers, Watchers just never really seems to stay down. This team will likely be here from start to finish. The TBD group looks the best positioned for success among the lot being on the border of O45 and O55 and not really being boxed in, Tai seems to just be playing with his core group of people so far.

5) Retribution/Retribution II- So they have something of an unfortunate draw and unlike the MRA coalition, this group doesn't have a small army of players to absorb the blows. They do have two branches in the top 12 so that's going for them I guess. This also likely means that they're providing Just For Laughs with a lot of easy scores. There's a few solid players on the team and a few good ones. But there's also a lot of unknowns. They're decently cored and only have a few cities on Just For Laughs starting islands. But the time that buys them is minimal. They'll need a solid game plan to take down Just For Laughs. Still they look a lot better than what's left to cover.

6) NEMESIS/NEMESIS BROTHERHOOD/FEARLESS NEMESIS/Athena-NLG Hydra II/Curse of the Reivers/Reivers Too/Golden/Relentless/Relentless II/R.T.T.E./Winter Wolves/The Creed/Creed Brotherhood-
I am actually not even sure if I got all of these groups but this is where it was at last night. It should also be noted that they have an NAP with MASTERS OF CHANT/Chanters Too. A lot of this can be found just by looking at their Athena sister profile. When you look at it, its easily the largest group and actually the best built core. They have core islands in O55, O44 and O45 with their primary focus appearing to be O45. I'm going to give them some credit where its due, I think the most known group here is Reivers in some variant and I don't think they've been world beaters. I don't think anybody would give most of these groups a chance in terms of diplomacy so banding together probably is the best move. The obvious issue here being that MRAs rarely work out. But I think that they've thrown so many people in here that some variant of this will be here at the end. So why are they here if it won't work out? Well simply put, they took a bunch of other teams that would compete for a top 6 spot otherwise and what's left appear to be playing nice with them or something of a crap shoot.

Side Note: For those keeping score at home this is 363 players right as of me writing this section and 412 if you want count the CHANT/Chanters teams in there.

7) Government- This group is hard to put my finger on because the team itself is the largest with the best average overall. But this roster doesn't really stick out. Their best player is Ghost67 who is solid but he's also split off from the main group so they can't count on him to carry them in O55. The group seems to think its position is bad as its moved to south O55, which indicates that they at least have a plan. They've also founded out on an island with FRANK, which might imply that they joined the NEMESIS coalition? They come this low because they're unproven, spread out, and seem to be immediately surrendering their position to move else where. Mainly to a coalition that they could probably score on.

8) MASTERS OF CHANT/Chanters Too-
This team actually has some decent players but they're also bowing to the NEMESIS coalition. The NAP keeps them distinguished from the coalition but I look at them as something of a client kingdom to them at this point since I have my doubts that they'll just stay NAPed. The weird thing here is that outside of FRANK, they're probably in the best position to go out and make a play for O45. Their immediate battles will likely consist of Anonymous, Government, and Hugs.

9) Hugs (Shown as Vikings on the map)- This team would be higher if it actually had cored. They have some players that could maybe make up for this and get them on the right path, but they have hurt their start and its hard to come back from a bad start. They do have the benefit of sharing their immediate area with Anonymous and Castaways, which could be a source of easy cities.

10) Tidal Wave- Located in O44, they're small and decently cored, nearly all of them are at multiple cities and they look like they could be a sleeper team on this world. They're away from the two main teams in O44 and have the NEMESIS coalition to play with instead. I actually think that they'll make an early splash on this world.

11) Twisted- If you count the En121 rankings then I think they're already the most consecutively ranked team for this world. That said, they didn't have a great run on En121 and they'll have to build on that here. They're mostly located in north O55. Which is probably the most wide ocean of the the core oceans.

12) The Knights Who Say Ni/Knights who say ni-
They have the misfortune of being both in O44 and O54 and will probably be looked to for easy food. I don't expect them to make it to second edition.

This has been the first edition. Didn't make the cut? That's okay, with some hard work and dedication you'll go flying up the rankings.

DeletedUser41523

This ranking was brought to you by Office Max!

Office Max: The one company that was smart enough to not force a COVID-19 commercial down our throats

FazeWalker

Phrourach
Good read. Pretty hard to judge it off this early like you did because a lot of them are here to get gold, or just feel the new end game system.

But yeah since you'll have more editions coming, worth the read :D This dont work anymore but still +rep

DeletedUser41523

Appreciate the support! Looking forward to doing more.

Evil MeIinoe

Strategos
9) Hugs (Shown as Vikings on the map)- This team would be higher if it actually had cored. They have some players that could maybe make up for this and get them on the right path, but they have hurt their start and its hard to come back from a bad start. They do have the benefit of sharing their immediate area with Anonymous and Castaways, which could be a source of easy cities.

Interesting:p

DeletedUser41523

Update: It appears as though Athena-NLG Hydra II has been kicked out of the Nemesis Empire (my new name for the coalition) following the MM that was sent. My guess is that it was due to them being the team that left their pact lists on. They appear to still maintain their pacts with the rest of the coalition for what its worth. But their players have mostly been distributed among the Nemesis Empire branches. They are down to 16 players.

DeletedUser46395

Update: It appears as though Athena-NLG Hydra II has been kicked out of the Nemesis Empire (my new name for the coalition) following the MM that was sent. My guess is that it was due to them being the team that left their pact lists on. They appear to still maintain their pacts with the rest of the coalition for what its worth. But their players have mostly been distributed among the Nemesis Empire branches. They are down to 16 players.

Not sure how closely integrated they were to start with, apart from the declaration on the alliance's profile page... no shared forums with the main part of the empire, for instance. The issues seem to stem from the founder, King Lucas II. Now I don't know much about the guy, but I can smell an inexperienced leader a mile off. Not that he appears to be that experienced a player, given that his profile boasts merely the enitrely unremarkable achievements of being Top 1000 in the world and Top 30 in an ocean in Myalasa, achievements you can earn almost instantly simply by joining the server... and yet he managed to get himself in trouble with Nemesis leadership pretty early on for some reason. His obsession with Hydra is a little odd. I mean changing everyone's alliance title to Hydra - why? And it's clear he's not the best at administering alliance profiles... but then clearly neither were any of the other leaders.
The final straw appears to have been him going AWOL for a couple of days. The rest of the leadership team jumped ship for other Empire alliances. I left coincidentally to join old friends, so missed the MM.

The alliance templates are Revolt world templates. The alliance has probably the worst name I can ever remember - it's not a particularly critical issue, but it does hint at inexperienced leadership. The whole alliance has the feel of being run by someone whose previous experience of alliance leadership was a month or two on the council of a reasonably good alliance that was run firmly by a very small core, with no real decision making on the council. Hey, we've probably all been there. It's quite possibly how we all started in leadership. Your first 2 or 3 alliances are going to fail, probably quite badly. But probably best not to do it quite so publicly, under the microscope of being part - allegedly - of the Nemesis Empire.

DeletedUser56621

Got to drop in and say this ...

I dropped in to see what Oylumpus is about .. and I have not played conquest in a minute.
I am highly sad to see what grepolis has come to this far .. took a little road trip to see what Alliances are made up of this world.

Nemesis I call you all out for your 3 branches .. and 9 f******* pacts and talking of being scared to fight Frank ... Even the group I'm in now has a Pact tab a mile long .. seems ye all are packed grow some dang ( I'ma be good on these words because I want all these huggers to see this) b**** and stopped pacting everyone and attack and fight wars like it used to be.

You all scared of this new game format eh ? or is it your opponents ?

Next Oylumpus world that pops up in revolt watch it .. Ill show ye how its done ,, my team is already assembled with no hugging straight fighting and old grepo rules in effect ...

And PLEASE make my day and say sum back .. boiiiii cuz I got these screenshots in my phone .. let the exposure begin.

maddoxranger

Hekatontarch
hey mate you have left us, joined another alliance still crying over here, we try to play on our own way. we are trying to play in a way that we think is best for this new endgame.
i dont think i need to justify anything especially to you becoz i believe that you may have every right to leave us if you dont like our approach but it is morally wrong to leak someone alliance intel to others much less on a public platform.

as for us being afraid of frank we already fight some of their players in other worlds, and i can assure you that we are not, it was still being debated to what to do with them and you straight up left lol.

i dont want to start any controversy becoz that is not the type of person i am, i jumped here today becoz i believe it is wrong to publically threaten another alliance, i urge you to please learn some manners and politeness. as for fighting others we try to choose our own battles, and are just waiting to see how this world unfolds

regards

Last edited:

maddoxranger

Hekatontarch
@Bearissimus they were never our sister alliance, their leader played with us in neapolis and though we offered him a chance to join us he went off and made his own alliance declaring themselves as our sister allaince. we were closely pacted with them becoz they were our allies in neapolis too but that has now been changed.

as for the alliance name, if you check out neapolis world their is the alliance with similar name, where i am its founder. The alliance name was originally hydra which suited my username which was/is poseidon1403. Also i played in a world where their was an alliance called Hydra which i thought was a good name. the name was changed when we merged with Athena-nlg, it was and is still a wierd name but at the time we didnt put much thought it into it as we were fighting a war.
as for the leaders being in council i dont know about others but lucas was not in mine...

i dont know much about that alliance now as i dont talk to their founders much but i do know that they just opened another branch in the world achilles, and invited me lol.

and lastly as for him putting hydra under every name, it was done by one of my leaders back in original alliance, i dont know the reason but maybe he thought that it would increase unity and trust imo. Maybe lucas got that idea from their

Last edited:

Evil MeIinoe

Strategos
BP isn't even over, and the sass is real why can't we all just get alongo_O
On externals that is;)
Too early to make a sink and swim anyway, but Frank and Tidal Wave will definitely be swimming on this world, alongside us :p

DeletedUser46395

@Bearissimus they were never our sister alliance, their leader played with us in neapolis and though we offered him a chance to join us he went off and made his own alliance declaring themselves as our sister allaince. we were closely pacted with them becoz they were our allies in neapolis too but that has now been changed.

as for the alliance name, if you check out neapolis world their is the alliance with similar name, where i am its founder. The alliance name was originally hydra which suited my username which was/is poseidon1403. Also i played in a world where their was an alliance called Hydra which i thought was a good name. the name was changed when we merged with Athena-nlg, it was and is still a wierd name but at the time we didnt put much thought it into it as we were fighting a war.
as for the leaders being in council i dont know about others but lucas was not in mine...

i dont know much about that alliance now as i dont talk to their founders much but i do know that they just opened another branch in the world achilles, and invited me lol.

and lastly as for him putting hydra under every name, it was done by one of my leaders back in original alliance, i dont know the reason but maybe he thought that it would increase unity and trust imo. Maybe lucas got that idea from their

That all makes sense. Thanks. :)

Yeah, I know Hydra of old. Fought against them many times, always a very decent alliance and a right PITA to fight. That's why I found this alliance particularly odd - apart from a bit of the name, they've very un-Hydra like. And now I know why.
Lucas is probably a lovely bloke, I just think he's out of his depth here, and has nobody to guide him, and that's never a good sign for the members.

maddoxranger

Hekatontarch
Yes I think I was a member of the original Hydra alliance too when I played WW.
Also English isn’t my first language so I have to edit my posts sometimes to try and remove grammatical errors. I hope you could understand all that i said

Last edited:

DeletedUser46395

Yes I think I was a member of the original Hydra alliance too when I played WW.
Also English isn’t my first language so I have to edit my posts sometimes to try and remove grammatical errors. I hope you could understand all that i said
Very clear, thanks.

DeletedUser41523

@maddoxranger in regards to Hydra not being your sister, looking at their profile and their pact list when writing this power ranking, you guys were listed as their sister alliance and all the branches were pacted to them. So I feel like they probably were in. But I can't say I blame you guys for kicking them out and saying that they weren't in.

If I had to guess and what's going on with the empire thing and all the groups. I'd say NEMESIS has its main groups that are fully subordinate to it and have no autonomy so NEMESIS, NEMESIS BROTHERHOOD, FEARLESS NEMESIS. Then it has its own allies that are likely loosely subordinate to it but also given a solid amount of autonomy and act more as client kingdoms such as Reivers, CHANT, Relentless, etc. These groups are adding other groups that loosely coordinate and are loosely subordinate to them. Which going up the chain of command also puts them under NEMESIS control to a degree.

DeletedUser55889

It's a shame they can't be more original with their naming, given the fact they are at a prime time to abuse this massive hug and re-enact The Seven Kingdoms of Westeros. Dorne, The Reach, Westerlands, Stormlands, Riverlands, The Vale and the North, all bowing to the Crownlands or King's Landing.

Shame.