TKF's Top 12 Power Rankings First Edition

• Thread starter DeletedUser41523
  • Start date

DeletedUser41523

As promised in the top 12 thread this will be a power ranking of the alliances of EN121. I will be ranking them 1-12 based on who I think deserves to be in the spots. I'll summarize the alliance and I'll also give a brief explanation as to why they're in the spot I list them at and their status in the world. So here are the alliances that I feel are the best as of right now and their relevance to the world.

1) Bad With Names/Bad With Numbers- This shouldn't be surprising. The world has what looks to be a few good alliances. But BWN stands well above all as of right now. They're coming off their win in a stacked Heliopolis world. They appear to have shed a few good players from Heliopolis but they've also shed what I'd consider to be several more liabilities. Their leadership is proven and have played in great teams of the past and won previous worlds. They are currently up 2-0 on ThePlague who was one of their main opponents on Heliopolis.

Why They're Here: They have hands down the strongest roster with only a handful of weak links to exploit. They're currently up vs ThePlague and not losing to anyone of concern. I'd slot their leadership as the best in the world. And they're coming off a big win in Heliopolis. Until they start losing to a major opponent or begin a combination of shedding players, shedding leaders, or losing World Wonders, they won't be leaving this spot.

2) ThePlague/ThePlague.-
This one might shock people. But their current record speaks. Their reputation has diminished some since their original win on Dimale. They went to Lato and got initially defeated by Zero Fox Given and W.A.R. (Balkan Boyz) but made a come back in the world and stayed until WW ended. They then went to Rhodes where they won their fights but lost World Wonders to the Pandas and their allies (Currently Flaming Dragon). They then went to Heliopolis and disbanded for the first time when fighting Bad With Names. They bounced back to win Kastoria. And then went from a gold trading team to a coalition member against Masked Profanity in Teos. A fight in which they were shut out and disbanded again. Their leadership seems to have declined with Randall resorting to aimless ranting and insults. Their roster is a mixed bag but overall pretty talented and on paper should be able to stand up to anyone, but they have their fair share of weak links and players that more talkers rather than actual doers. However their record isn't bad. Down 0-2 to BWN. But up 5-0 against Balkan Boyz/Balkan Boyz*.

Why They're Here:
As I said in the opening remarks, their record speaks. Overall I wouldn't slot their leadership as the best, I think they have several weak links on their team and frankly they have several chronic whiners. But its pretty simple, they're losing to #1 and beating everyone else right now. Therefore, they deserve the #2 spot.

3) Balkan Boyz/Balkan Boyz*-
This is a solid looking alliance. They have some very good players on their team. They also have some not so great ones. However I believe that the good overall outweighs the bad. The thing that caught my eye is that I've never seen their leaders before and therefore do not know how good they are as leaders, however there's plenty in this team capable of steering them in the right direction if need be.

Why They're Here:
The main thing that knocks them out of first or second here is their record against ThePlague. Also contributing to the third overall ranking are some of the weak points on the roster. Leadership while unknown to me isn't as much of a factor due to the large pool of successful leaders in the alliance. What puts them above others is that their roster strength and current record against top 15 teams.

4) Bazooka Bunnies-
The Bunnies are currently staking their claim to O54 with an 8-2 record against Free Hugs and 10-0 record against Double Trouble. I personally have never heard of their leader and only know a handful of players on the team. But their positioning and record so far is impressive.

Why They're Here:
They're putting up some decent records vs known teams right now and have a strong case to be a contender in this world. Simple as that.

5) Free Hugs-
They're currently on the losing end of a war for O54. Their leadership would be considered questionable by most. That said, they're beating Double Trouble and are tied with Balkan Boyz and have an okay overall team.

Why They're Here:
There's a lot of holes on the team that I can see. But overall I think they'd beat just about everyone else left on this list. If they can flip the script on the bunnies or knock off ThePlague, they might move up.

6) OCEANS VETERANS/Flaming Dragon/BLACK SAILS XIII-
The O35 start seems to have gained the attention of some in Bad With Names and Balkans alike as they're starting to show up in O35. They seem to be using a throw away account to ghost small cities for them to take. By the looks of it they're aggressively moving into O45 as they've sent their best across the border and have the throw away account making cities on the edge. The leadership in OV is relatively good. The leadership in FD is well meaning but not very good. They frankly haven't beaten anyone as of right now.

Why They're Here:
Keeping it simple, they'd beat anyone left on the list, their top players overcome the obvious weak links on their teams when put into the context of rest of the list. MissusR is also a solid leader and if they're charging into O45, they probably have some confidence in their ability to contend for it. But I also don't think that they can win the world on their own merit and as of right now I don't think they'd be the driving force behind a victory over Bad With Names.

7) Spirtum Sancti-
Seem to be growing in O44. Haven't lost any cities to the above except for what looks like some handoffs to Plague. Not much known about their leadership, I think its Sempai's premade? Not much known about their team either.

Why They're Here: They're up 1-0 to Hakuna Matata/Fire and Blood. Giving them the early case for O44 if they can hold it from Bad With Names. I don't see them as having the player power or leadership to overcome the contenders and until they prove me otherwise they won't be a contender. But they could maybe make a run in a supporting role.

8) Hakuna Matata/Fire And Blood-
The last true MRA of the world. They're losing to Bad With Names for control of their own ocean and likely won't be around much longer than a couple of months.

Why They're Here: The world isn't that deep and I don't think anyone left could beat them at this time.

9) Souvlaki-
An under the radar alliance located in O55. They've been steadily growing and are top 12 in the fighting rankings. I don't think I've ever seen or heard of them. But they've taken a city from ThePlague.

Why They're Here: They seem to have a brighter future than some on this list with their fighting ranks and gains to loss ratio. But I know nothing about them and I'll wager not many others do as well. Their 1-0 record against Plague is nice but its nothing definitive and I've seen alliances take the first city and proceed to get blown out. So they'll start here.

10) Twisted Puddy Cats/Twisted Musketeers-
They're a bit spread out and losing cities to just about everyone. I've fought some of their players before and pretty easily defeated them. I don't see it being different for Bad With Names, The Balkans, or Plague.

Why They're Here: Lack of roster strength and poor location. Nothing shown that they should be higher.

11) HellHounds-
An alliance that spawned in O53 and are away from any threats. They're steadily growing out there and appear to be players from Dion. They look pretty average with maybe the odd good player.

Why They're Here: They could probably overcome #12. They're far from threats and therefore have time to sort their house. But their impact might be limited.

12) Legion of Hades- Not much to be said here. The world hasn't developed enough to for sure knock them out. But they're losing players and losing to Hakuna Matata/Fire and Blood by a score of 1-15. I don't see this team as lasting very long. They are however defeating Double Trouble. Which is what put them in this last spot.

Why They're Here: There's nobody else left at this time.

Yossarian234

Strategos
The best top 12 by now, I like being underdogs in this world :D

I expect some more action between BNW and TP soon, it's been to peaceful for to long

DeletedUser41523

I think BWN has been going at them. From what I hear TP is just rolling over and dying though.

DeletedUser19607

hmmm are these alliance who you view as the strongest alliances of the server?
...could you elaborate a little bit, I like the concept by the way just trying to understand it a bit

DeletedUser41523

hmmm are these alliance who you view as the strongest alliances of the server?
...could you elaborate a little bit, I like the concept by the way just trying to understand it a bit

These are my views of who the top 12 strongest alliances right here right now are. This doesn't account for who will be stronger in the future either. The primary basis for this will be record vs contenders + world wonder odds + diplomacy success.

css1981

Phrourach
I think Hakuna / Fire and blood have more pacts.... Legion of Hades is also part of their coalition...

DeletedUser10810

Oh please Ticina... Conquest is not this. It's purest form of SPAM.

DeletedUser45100

what a player eh

He used to send me 2 messages a day atleast just to start some kind of conversation to glorify himself. then said "Oh I will see you over the weekend and over the week" .

Then I took a city of him a day or two after those comments and we took 2 or 3 more of him in total and he never spoke since :D I sent him like 2 messages just opened and no reply. his bark isnt worst then his bite, he is all bark and no bite

Xuegou

Phrourach
Welcome to conquest
This isn't an example of conquest lol, I've been spammed in revolt more often than conquest honestly. That's why I don't play revolt.

This is an example of a player spamming, someone's ego who is so fragile he can't seem to be attacked once without over-reacted with a spam of 22 slinger attacks.

He claims to be the "biggest bully of grepo" oh please, Biggest crybaby maybe, but bully? Hah. Imagine.

DeletedUser41523

This isn't an example of conquest lol, I've been spammed in revolt more often than conquest honestly. That's why I don't play revolt.

This is an example of a player spamming, someone's ego who is so fragile he can't seem to be attacked once without over-reacted with a spam of 22 slinger attacks.

He claims to be the "biggest bully of grepo" oh please, Biggest crybaby maybe, but bully? Hah. Imagine.

Weird I always got spammed more in conquest than revolt. I get attacked more in revolt though.

You haven't seen his full on craziness yet though. At some point he'll probably try to take credit for BWN beating Plague and winning 107. Least I remember him doing that on Teos.

DeletedUser54706

Well why don't we as a server spam the living hell out of spammers then hehehe, i mean 2 weeks straight 24 hours a day

It'd definitely make them rethink spam tactics in future and give everyone who wants to have a fair world with a fair clear winner with no underhand tactics that way noone can complain when they lose

DeletedUser38652

The thing is you need to be spammed in revolt, they stack the cities beforehand. In CQ you you need timed attacks and you cant just spam those, or you arent supposed to spam those.