To jump or not to jump - that is the question...........

Silver Witch

Strategos
Looking at how this change specifically affects Olympus on 128, I am not entirely clear why the claim here is that this change will seriously impact the MC group chances for the next Olympus.

So far we have had 4 spawns, 5 genuine CS landed in Olympus so lets look at those conquests and assess the value of this jumping. I see one side only so i'm happy to be corrected on any of these points but it makes more sense to discuss 128 here.

Spawn 1 - won by MC. You won this spawn convincingly. You had massive support to meet our lineup and subsequent ls attacks. You probably remember better than I do but I believe you defended the lineup from Boozy and then the rest with the Poseidon boost from MC. If you had not been able to jump to Boozy would this have made a difference? It’s difficult to be 100% after so much time but I think it’s unlikely. You had 2 hrs to get support in.

Spawn 2 - won by MC. My memory of the details here is more hazy but I do not recall any serious threat to you holding that siege. You had enough time to massively stack and boost or no boost the stack alone goes a long way.

Spawn 3 - won by DV. This spawn was different. You did land first but we killed the siege. This despite the ability to jump so in that case your boosts were proven to make no difference. Would this have had a different outcome if our attacking boosts were split (we will never know) possibly.

Spawn 4 - won by DV. In this case the spawn location favoured us. That was what worked against you. We were the ones that jumped to benefit from defensive boosts (so in this situation the no jumping is detrimental to us) but as with your defence I do not believe the boosts saved the siege. It was sufficiently stacked to withstand attacks, boosts or not.

Given all this it does not seem logical to state that the lack of an ability to jump from one alliance to another will change the outcome of the final spawn. Depending on what happens it could but that applies to both DV and MC.

MC have developed differently and overall you are more reliant on stacked boosts than us. However to claim that you will win or lose because of the ability to jump is dependant on the circumstances. Given what has happened so far the balance of probability is that the boosts alone do not change the outcome.

In terms of the random spawns. I agree that this seems to have favoured DV but realistically the spawn in SW 55 was close to 45 and neither that spawn nor 54 enabled us to beat the portal to a level we could really use the advantage. This may have been lack of Olympus experience I admit. All along you have had a better working knowledge than us. There is no doubt that the 4th spawn helped us.

I do think you have to look at all spawns and the spawning of the large temples of Poseidon and Artemis most certainly favoured you and there are no 2nd chances there. This randomness is a feature of this endgame that we all have to work with and around.

As far as we are concerned you guys remain very much a threat, it could go either way, we wish you luck and look forward to the final spawn.

Thooury

Hekatontarch
using DV temples as point in reference seeing as Masterchiefs and their alliance did a top-tier job on temple management to an almost unrealistic degree. DV temples are much more representative of how a good team will organise their temple buffs.

List of DV temples:
  • Portal x2
  • blunt off. 6% x2
  • griff. off. 4%
  • naval off. 6%
  • all off. 3%
  • LS off. 10%
  • myth off. 4%
  • heroic power 5%
  • fav. wind 5%
List of Yummy temples:

• sword def. 9%
  • coto 10% x2
  • portal x2
  • char. 10%
  • all def. 2% x2
  • naval cost 6% x2
  • land cost 6% x2

or in summary:
attack with 100 griffs ->power of 130 griffs (excluding regular bonusses)
defend with 1000 swords and 100 chariots = 1130 swords and 114 chariots

LS nuke cost (counting 360 LS) without buffs (no ari/math) = 864 000
cost with buffs (no ari/ math) 760 320 (103 680 total res cheaper)

your boosts were proven to make no difference

basic math. says you are wrong

would it have changed the outcome, maybe not.

did it change the amount of BP people get?
yes

what is the most rare resource in the game?
bp

don't think the numbers are impressive enough?
run the math again with MC temples.

does this mean this change is bad in the long run? no
does this mean this change is bad for en128? yes
should they revert this change until en128 is over? yes

in the end it doesn't even matter who benefits more from this change. Because it shouldn't matter
because you shouldn't make changes to endgame when the endgame is underway

either team who suggests that making changes 10 min before the climax is okay needs to check their brain. Not because your opinion is different. But because rules are made for a reason.

thank you for listening to my TED talk

DeletedUser21560

using DV temples as point in reference seeing as Masterchiefs and their alliance did a top-tier job on temple management to an almost unrealistic degree. DV temples are much more representative of how a good team will organise their temple buffs.

List of DV temples:
  • Portal x2
  • blunt off. 6% x2
  • griff. off. 4%
  • naval off. 6%
  • all off. 3%
  • LS off. 10%
  • myth off. 4%
  • heroic power 5%
  • fav. wind 5%
List of Yummy temples:

• sword def. 9%
  • coto 10% x2
  • portal x2
  • char. 10%
  • all def. 2% x2
  • naval cost 6% x2
  • land cost 6% x2

or in summary:

yes

bp

in the end it doesn't even matter who benefits more from this change. Because it shouldn't matter

either team who suggests that making changes 10 min before the climax is okay needs to check their brain. Not because your opinion is different. But because rules are made for a reason.

I don't think there's any team around here who thinks making these changes this close to the end of server is ok.

But it was not us who made these changes to the game. So we will just adapt and do our best, just like you should aswell

Silver Witch

Strategos

List of DV temples:
  • Portal x2
  • blunt off. 6% x2
  • griff. off. 4%
  • naval off. 6%
  • all off. 3%
  • LS off. 10%
  • myth off. 4%
  • heroic power 5%
  • fav. wind 5%
List of Yummy temples:

• sword def. 9%
  • coto 10% x2
  • portal x2
  • char. 10%
  • all def. 2% x2
  • naval cost 6% x2
  • land cost 6% x2

or in summary:

yes

bp

I agree there are other factors. I was looking only at the difference for the final spawn since that is all that is left to matter. This is about 128 not the general merits or otherwise of the change.

DeletedUser56348

Understand why some individuals might be annoyed about a late change to the game rules. But it is what it is.

However it seriously saddens me to see personal vindictive attacks against one individual - and they only serve to reflect incredibly badly on the character of those posting baseless accusations in the first place tbh. Without evidence of any direct involvement, its 2+2 =5. There has certainly never, ever been any mention in DV that a rule change was coming. This surprised BOTH teams.

I wasnt going to bother posting a response, but I know how I would feel if falsely accused. So for that reason am calling out this behaviour. It should STOP right now. Period.

Lets not let this distract please from whats been one of the closest fought servers - fought with a lot of mutual respect - in a very long time. Its going down to the wire. A 1:1 shoot out. How often is it ever this close at the endgame?
Lets all stay focused, and be proud to have played this server, regardless who wins / loses. This will come down to which side makes the right strategic calls on the day and player activity. End of.