Toons wins a crown but I am disgusted with it

DeletedUser54775

It would help if you fought us before we won. I cant even remember Carystus that well but looking at it ive still got an ok attack rank even though I stopped playing. I just dont remember you in the months when we fought - you just seem to have appeared once we all left.

Look forward to fighting on a new world mate but ive got a RL im enjoying so im not rebuilding a load of attacking troops on a dead world.
I was always there, but our leaders order us not to attack you. You were given an easy ride. However, once we broke away and were free to attack you, then your cities have been easy farms for resources and BP. You do not defend very well.

The game is not over. You just quit once you saw that some of us were not under restrain.

DeletedUser50990

I was always there, but our leaders order us not to attack you. You were given an easy ride. However, once we broke away and were free to attack you, then your cities have been easy farms for resources and BP. You do not defend very well.

The game is not over. You just quit once you saw that some of us were not under restrain.

were you always there? or was it just a figment of your imagination? after all, as you say, knowledge is merely perception.

This was the second world in a row where Silver and I (plus others of course) won landslide victories. it was hard work and a team effort each time and had nothing to do with anyone's gender. you are wrong to try to make it so simplistic. while you are attempting to show off your education, you are actually displaying your lack of intelligence.

but you are correct to say that these second hand crowns mean nothing good. its true, we dominated this world from start to finish, and when we were full, we got up from the table and let you guys fight (more like hug) over the scraps.

DeletedUser54775

were you always there? or was it just a figment of your imagination? after all, as you say, knowledge is merely perception.

This was the second world in a row where Silver and I (plus others of course) won landslide victories. it was hard work and a team effort each time and had nothing to do with anyone's gender. you are wrong to try to make it so simplistic. while you are attempting to show off your education, you are actually displaying your lack of intelligence.

but you are correct to say that these second hand crowns mean nothing good. its true, we dominated this world from start to finish, and when we were full, we got up from the table and let you guys fight (more like hug) over the scraps.

I can understand that this is the narrative that you want to tell yourselves and the rest of the world. However, the facts are clear and there for people to see. There were leaders who prohibited their more active players from attacking you.

There is no doubt that there was hard work on your part, but this have been tarnish by the NAP and back room deals that your leaders engaged on. You "won" by a land slide because there were people that you had in your pocket that were restraining their more aggressive players.

Once these players were freed to do whatever they wanted, then you had a really though time defending.

DeletedUser55307

The Toons will always be better let's not forget who chased you out of your original alliance you got demolished and wib gave up maybe one day you will be a winner ;) and Wanda DD and all the other great leaders of toon miss you guys sorry rl popped up at the worst time sincerely red

PS. He started here with lethal bacon if I recall correctly he started a island over from me

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser50990

I can understand that this is the narrative that you want to tell yourselves and the rest of the world. However, the facts are clear and there for people to see. There were leaders who prohibited their more active players from attacking you.

There is no doubt that there was hard work on your part, but this have been tarnish by the NAP and back room deals that your leaders engaged on. You "won" by a land slide because there were people that you had in your pocket that were restraining their more aggressive players.

Once these players were freed to do whatever they wanted, then you had a really though time defending.

i think you just don't understand the game at the higher levels. you will only learn through experience though, so i think you should try to run an alliance in the way that you think is right. if you lead by example, others will follow. and if your way works, you will prove yourself better than loudly complaining everywhere you go.

DeletedUser54775

i think you just don't understand the game at the higher levels. you will only learn through experience though, so i think you should try to run an alliance in the way that you think is right. if you lead by example, others will follow. and if your way works, you will prove yourself better than loudly complaining everywhere you go.
I do. More than what you want to acknowledge. Changes can and should be made. Too much hugging between these corrupt leaders that are killing the game with these indiscriminate NAP.

Silver Witch

Strategos

I am one of those leaders and I can honestly say that we did not NAP generally. We deliberately left ourselves able to attack anyone close to 54 at all times with the exception of RT who made it clear they did not want to build WW and who never encroached on 54. We did not promise extra crowns. The proof of that is our lack of rotations. I'm not clear what else we could offer in a 'backroom deal'.

DeletedUser54775

I am one of those leaders and I can honestly say that we did not NAP generally. We deliberately left ourselves able to attack anyone close to 54 at all times with the exception of RT who made it clear they did not want to build WW and who never encroached on 54. We did not promise extra crowns. The proof of that is our lack of rotations. I'm not clear what else we could offer in a 'backroom deal'.
If you did not have NAP, then why our leaders in Nocturnos explicitly prohibited from attack you. They said that they have given their word of not attacking you. Myself and others were restrained for months of even launching a single attack against you.
So who is telling the truth?
I do not think that they made up that story that they had a deal with you guys.

Look Left had to leave the alliance and me too under severe threat of elimination for daring to attack you.
I can assure you that dozens of players wanted to attack you but were restrained one way or another from attacking you.

You had a lot of back room deals in this worlds, so please do not pretend that this did not happen.

This is what pisses me off from you guys. You are killing the game. You are stating for months that this is a "dead" world when in fact has been very active. If you would be encouraging wars and battles, I would be fine and you would have my respect.
You do not because you discourage fighting one way or another.

DeletedUser54775

@silver witch,
I will add this. I am trying a more collaborative approach.
Can you please put yourself in our shoes?

We come to this game to have battles, and our leaders are discouraging us from attacking you and other alliances.
We only have one or maximum two enemies.
Then when we get the bravery to attack you and get away from the leaders who restrain us, you turn around and tell us that we are "spammers" or that is a "dead world".

If you think objectively, we are the ones that are trying to have battles and wars, which is the objective of the game.
We are the ones that keeping the world and game going by playing it and spending gold from time to time which benefits the company and the grepolis culture.

We are the ones that are trying to keep the game alive, and you guys are the ones that are trying to kill it.

This is the reality at the end. This is why I do not appreciate your persecution and labelling in this forums and your ganging against me in the worlds. Why try silencing the guy who is trying to keep the games and worlds moving?

DeletedUser39822

I find it hard to validate the manifesto of a player denouncing hugging, naps, and the general condition of the game when he is currently playing with (and thereby endorsing) the largest group hug ever in Leontini.

As far as gender stereotyping women historically and tying it into their way of thinking in a modern online game..............wow.

DeletedUser36697

@silver witch,
I will add this. I am trying a more collaborative approach.
Can you please put yourself in our shoes?

We come to this game to have battles, and our leaders are discouraging us from attacking you and other alliances.
We only have one or maximum two enemies.
Then when we get the bravery to attack you and get away from the leaders who restrain us, you turn around and tell us that we are "spammers" or that is a "dead world".

If you think objectively, we are the ones that are trying to have battles and wars, which is the objective of the game.
We are the ones that keeping the world and game going by playing it and spending gold from time to time which benefits the company and the grepolis culture.

We are the ones that are trying to keep the game alive, and you guys are the ones that are trying to kill it.

This is the reality at the end. This is why I do not appreciate your persecution and labelling in this forums and your ganging against me in the worlds. Why try silencing the guy who is trying to keep the games and worlds moving?

People are no longer the silent majority ..... Numerous people are now speaking up; against your sexist demeaning views of women in the world of today.
-You slag and demean folks on a regular basis with no proof... only your word and that is subjective and self-serving at best..
-now that you are being called on your thinking errors , you cry "...Why's everybody always picking on me.."

we all have a voice: yours to spout off mine to call you on your stuff
smiley_emoticons_ins-auge-stechen.gif

Silver Witch

Strategos
If you did not have NAP, then why our leaders in Nocturnos explicitly prohibited from attack you. They said that they have given their word of not attacking you. Myself and others were restrained for months of even launching a single attack against you.
So who is telling the truth?
I do not think that they made up that story that they had a deal with you guys.

Look Left had to leave the alliance and me too under severe threat of elimination for daring to attack you.
I can assure you that dozens of players wanted to attack you but were restrained one way or another from attacking you.

You had a lot of back room deals in this worlds, so please do not pretend that this did not happen.

This is what pisses me off from you guys. You are killing the game. You are stating for months that this is a "dead" world when in fact has been very active. If you would be encouraging wars and battles, I would be fine and you would have my respect.
You do not because you discourage fighting one way or another.
Mate i think there was an RT situation here - we were pacted with RT and they were your friends but Invicta/Noctornus were nowhere near each other geographically so Nap/No NAP I dont think its that relevant. I admit I do vaguely remember there being some arrangements but as I say we made no deals about the endgame, you guys played your own game. I wasnt the diplo and i do remember having a few arguements internally about NAPS but seriously at this point WHO CARES.

DeletedUser21625

seriously ppl... arguing with FT is like putting more hot air in the balloon.

have you learned nothing?

not enough people joined in the socratic discourse, so naturally he switched to gender wars. Just walk on by...

DeletedUser54775

Mate i think there was an RT situation here - we were pacted with RT and they were your friends but Invicta/Noctornus were nowhere near each other geographically so Nap/No NAP I dont think its that relevant. I admit I do vaguely remember there being some arrangements but as I say we made no deals about the endgame, you guys played your own game. I wasnt the diplo and i do remember having a few arguements internally about NAPS but seriously at this point WHO CARES.
It is relevant because you would not have won the game if we would have been allowed to attack you.
Nice way to retracting and admitting that there was a NAP. I can tell you that many of use were restrained from attacking you.

When we broke away, we have not had problems raiding and taking your cities. These include your world wonder islands.

I can tell you that many people care, and your tendency to engage in NAP does affect negatively the game.

If you would have had another 50+ aggressive players attacking you, then Bloods would have likely won this world.
You won because you had in your pocket many leaders that were restraining their players.

Silver Witch

Strategos
Lol I think sour grapes. We had war on 3 sides for much of the server. We protected one border with a pact with RT. RT wanted to Nap you and they were pacted with us. I believe your NAP and your leaders were more concerned that you would have a war with RT if you attacked us. None of you were close to us and you would have had to get through RT to reach us. I'm not sure if the NAP was even official - we need Mac to clarify this.

Your problem here is that you are trying to rehash a world 6 months after it was won. None of you would have been able to take any city while we played. You have to go back 6 months and look at the Geography of the world to really understand this. You have an inflated opinion of yourself if you believe the history of the world would be rewritten by one NAP!!!

No one attacked us for months after we won - we did all stick around for a bit. It was when we had ghosts on the ww that you started and by then no one was really playing - half the team had moved to other worlds.

GreyLensmen

Phrourach
Just to go back to the original futboltango point

In my humble opinion this practice of rotating players to win crowns needs to be stopped, it would not by hard, all they have to do is

1) Block the changing of players between alliances once the WW stage has begun.

2) The "Victor of the World" and "Master of the World" crowns should only be issued once per world.

3) Once all 7 Wonders have been completed the "End of World" countdown clock should begin. (That would stop this endless drag, Invicta won Carystus back in Aug/Sep/Oct? so long ago I cannot remember exactly, but still we trudge on).

I understand the need for training school alliances, but you can quickly "sort the wheat from the chaff" and get the active fighters into the main alliance. (If for any reason you decide to abandon the alliance you are with, then you are left out on your own with no chance to win anything!)

This would also lead to a lot more fighting over the control of the WW islands, to prevent them being levelled up, or to demolish them once completed.

Multiple pacted alliances would probably cease to exist, because who wants to be part of a large pact, when that could prevent you from fighting for your own wonder/crown.

smiley_emoticons_grepo_pacman.gif

DeletedUser54775

@GreyLensmen,
Thank you for bringing back us to the topic.
This is for the purpose of keep exploring the topic and discussion.
1) Yes. These are basic changes of rule.
a) Once an alliance wins a crown. New members that join the alliance do not get a crown.
b) If a member leaves the alliance or ghots, the world wonder gets destroyed to level 5 or more. This way is not easy to re build it.
c) Do not allow sending resources between alliances or favour farming during world wonders.

2) I do not agree with the countdown. I will tell you why. We had a lot of fun after world wonders. This is not the first time that I play post world wonders world. The heavy gold users are usually gone. We engage in a lot of experimentation and many battles become very interesting.
Many players learn about the game and each other post world wonders.

The benefit outweights the costs. We also spend some money, so it is good business for the company. Everyone wins. Players become better and attached to the game and other people. The company makes money.

In addition, there is something historical to this situation. I do usually point out to this. Perhaps people under estimate the importance of having reference to historical or real events. At many points in time, people have found older civilizations that have been abandon. Ruins are found and reused. From the Aztects in Teotihuacan, the Incas in South America, the Greeks, Romans, Egyptcians in the Mediterranean sea and other parts of the world. Humans have found remains of great civilizations and have battled for the ruins.

DeletedUser50990

We never had a NAP with Noc. over the course of the server, i had 2 conversations with Ra and both were short.
1. somewhere past the halfway point of the time til ww era began he wanted to ensure that we would continue with what he characterized as an 'unspoken NAP'. he put it this way because there hadn't been any skirmishes between our alliances at all, mostly because of geography, but also because they wanted to keep peace with RT because if there hadn't been, RT would have mauled them and Noc wouldn't have made it to the wonders era. Ra was just looking out for his team. from my limited conversations w him and what i have heard of him, he seems like a competent grepo leader and knew his team well.
2. i contacted Ra just before wonders era began. I told him that if his group was able to complete construction of a wonder that he should talk to me before making any plans with any other team. i knew we were gonna get all 7 first because i had confidence in my team, but i always have a plan B and C.
in neither of these were any official agreements nor were they binding under grepo international law.

Silver Witch

Strategos
2. I have sympathy with your view that rotations cheapen a crown. It was for that reason we tried so hard this world to limit our win to one alliance. However even as you say this you accepted a secondary crown and you are not alone. Many grep players want the 2nd chance. To win the original crown is extremely hard - it requires dedication and commitment for 6 months by a team and their leaders and realistically its impossible for many. In your position I would not have accepted a crown but I do not critisise those who do.

The Victor award is already only awarded once and shows the real winner. The 7 win gives a purpose to a wider audience. We now have Domination which only allows 1 winner as well as the Victor. I think its reasonable to have something thats available to a wider group.