Top 10 Alliance Thread

DeletedUser

I've received about 15 noobish msgs saying 'no attak me' 'do u want war?' 'STOP ATACKIN MY ALLY'. Not my fault they didn't read our alliance profile:

Acts of War:
-being a MRA
-spamming our members
-attacking our militia
-calling yourself "elite" without being elite
-spying on our members

That's quite harsh, it's like declaring war on idiots because they're idiots, they can't help it :D

DeletedUser15100

I disagree. MRA means 'mass-recruiting alliance', of which you can put on a scale of 0-10 on how MRAish an alliance is. To be all from one world doesn't have much bearing on that.

Level 10 MRA:
Bombard every thing with a pulse with an invite. Never send messages. Totally noob leaders. Have Elite, Republic, Sparta, or Greek in their names.

How does having Greek in your alliance name mean your on level 10 MRA?

This is a Greek War Game, Explain exactly how having Greek in your alliance name means your an MRA.

Having Elite in your alliance name can define thinking the alliance is Elite but is not.

Again with Republic, How does that make an alliance an MRA.

With the name Sparta in it, if its about 300 then the alliance may define theirselves as an Elite which may not be an Elite.

DeletedUser

How does having Greek in your alliance name mean your on level 10 MRA?

This is a Greek War Game, Explain exactly how having Greek in your alliance name means your an MRA.

Having Elite in your alliance name can define thinking the alliance is Elite but is not.

Again with Republic, How does that make an alliance an MRA.

With the name Sparta in it, if its about 300 then the alliance may define theirselves as an Elite which may not be an Elite.

You missed the point completely. The bolded lettering meant that a MRA level 10 does a bunch of noobish things added to what defines it as a MRA: they spam us with invites.

Besides, where's the originality in Greek in Grepolis? Isn't everything Greek? How do you distinguish yourself from the pack?

Republic and Sparta are names that are sooo overdone. Just like naming your city Troy. Anyone with an imagination out there? There isn't one world that hasn't had at least a dozen called just that in their existence.

DeletedUser

You missed the point completely. The bolded lettering meant that a MRA level 10 does a bunch of noobish things added to what defines it as a MRA, they spam us with invites.

Besides, where's the originality in Greek in Grepolis? Isn't everything Greek? How do you distinguish yourself from the pack?

Republic and Sparta are names that are sooo overdone. Just like naming your city Troy. Anyone with an imagination out there? There isn't one world that hasn't had at least a dozen called just that in their existence.

I So agree with ya here. Back in the old worlds all you would see Sparta 300, Elite Sparta, Sparta, like really The movie was good. This don't mean your alliance will be. Republic names are so overdone its unreal just as bad as Sparta.

DeletedUser

Come come... you cant really blame the newbies... After all, it is a greek war game set in antiquity, so they would choose something along those lines. Because everyone has their own preferences and tastes! And maybe you must be a little less harsh with the MRAs at the moment. I mean, at least give them a chance to pull themselves together and not kill them off at first?
I may sound a bit soft right now, but I dont know how long that'll last! so I'm gonna hit the post quick reply button before I decide to delete all that I've written here! :p

DeletedUser

LOL least its Ancient Greek Warfare instead of Elite or Sparta. What gets me is i have never figured this out. IDK Why does when a MRA alliance create and it picks up its maxed Player cap they go with a 2,3,4, even a 5th same name alliance and Players still join That alliance. Yea you might have the numbers. But Numbers mean nothing when you don't have noone to fight along side with ya.

DeletedUser

In an effort in encourage discussion on alliances, I plan on posting one of these every Mon. Later on, I will go into more depth once the world has developed.

Top 10 Alliances

1. SPLATT

Last Week: N/A

Next Week: 1

SPLATT is obviously an MRA, but these alliances take a while to die off.

2. The Southerners Reborn

Next Week: 2

High member count and avg. points, this alliance should do well in the future.

3. Black Empire

Next Week: 5

While not bad in terms of avg. points, a number of alliances currently are higher. They may stay on the top 10, but I think their mass-player strategy will come up short.

4. The Nefarious

Next Week: 3

Large member count coupled with a relatively good average. No reason to fail here.

5. Ultimate Dark Titans

Next Week: 8

Either a MRA less successful than SPLATT, or a moderate alliance masquerading in the top 10. Won't last.

6. Ancient Greek Warfare

Next Week: 4

Overdone name style aside, this alliance is looking pretty strong with a moderate-high average and a medium member count. Should do well.

7. The Roman Republic

Next Week: 7

All around average. Should move very little.

8. Raise your Weapon

Next Week: 6

High average, but low member count. A little well-placed recruiting could send this alliance up a few notches.

9. The Swedish Empire *disclaimer: my alliance*

Next Week: Off List

My alliance is moderatly large, but currently undeveloped with the lowest average of anyone here. It would take a lot of work to stay on the Top 10 list.

10. The Odyssey

Nothing incredibly impressive here with moderate all around stats. Don't think they will last.

DeletedUser18983

In order to NOT be classified a MRA, you need the following:
***Never send one invite without a personalized message first and/or background check.***
And at a lesser extent, have experienced leadership, organization, experienced players concentrated to one location, 1 to 2 pacts at most, NO WHINING and be high on avgs, but more importantly ABP rankings.

~If you put it like that, TRR is not MRA at all... I always check background alliance, talk to them first about how long they've played and other stuff like that... But we do need to work on getting ABP rankings up...

DeletedUser

In an effort in encourage discussion on alliances, I plan on posting one of these every Mon. Later on, I will go into more depth once the world has developed.

Top 10 Alliances

1. SPLATT

Next Week: 1

SPLATT is obviously an MRA, but these alliances take a while to die off.

2. The Southerners Reborn

Next Week: 2

High member count and avg. points, this alliance should do well in the future.

3. Black Empire

Next Week: 5

While not bad in terms of avg. points, a number of alliances currently are higher. They may stay on the top 10, but I think their mass-player strategy will come up short.

4. The Nefarious

Next Week: 3

Large member count coupled with a relatively good average. No reason to fail here.

5. Ultimate Dark Titans

Next Week: 8

Either a MRA less successful than SPLATT, or a moderate alliance masquerading in the top 10. Won't last.

6. Ancient Greek Warfare

Next Week: 4

Overdone name style aside, this alliance is looking pretty strong with a moderate-high average and a medium member count. Should do well.

7. The Roman Republic

Next Week: 7

All around average. Should move very little.

8. Raise your Weapon

Next Week: 6

High average, but low member count. A little well-placed recruiting could send this alliance up a few notches.

9. The Swedish Empire *disclaimer: my alliance*

My alliance is moderatly large, but currently undeveloped with the lowest average of anyone here. It would take a lot of work to stay on the Top 10 list.

10. The Odyssey

Nothing incredibly impressive here with moderate all around stats. Don't think they will last.

I'll start the discussion off. That was the worst analysis and assessment I've ever seen. Sorry to be so blunt, but I think you are way off the mark.

DeletedUser

Why?

There was not a whole lot to assess, as almost no one had begun fighting. Points were the only factor other than members.

And why exactly do you think I am off?

Edit: I have now looked in-game at the BP rankings. I can now say that my review would have been differnet had it been done today. However Cyllis, you should keep in mind that I did the review yesterday, when BPs were non-existent.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't think Cyllis was taking account of when you posted your analysis BP hadn't ended and you possibly had limited knowledge of the in-game inner workings in regards to the larger alliances (I admit I do not know them as well either). That is the great thing about this thread is anyone can make their own take on the top 10 alliances known. Now that BP has ended, I think you can agree this picture has radically changed. Maybe not the points as much as the potential for improvement. Here's a silly way to view the top ten:

1. The Southerners Reborn 68995
Band of born-again Southerners rootin' tootin' for a battle. Break out the Moonshine! Yeeehaw!

2. SPLATT 65001
I feel like I just got one in my pants.

3. The Nefarious 55895
adj. evil; wicked; sinful. the question is who's their 'good' counterpart? Anyone?

4. Black Empire 54460
Their recruiting message is: Once you go Black, you don't go back!

5. Ultimate Dark Titans 45582
Mmm, more from the underworld have escaped. Who's going to send them back? Another Sam Worthington movie?

6. Ancient Greek Warfare 41690
Mmm, in antiquity, the greeks were overtaken by the Romans. Will there be a repeat?

7. The Roman Republic 38241
When the Senate is dissolved, who will be CAESAR?

8. Raise Your Weapon 35033
If we spent all our time raising our weapons high in the air, we wouldn't be able to defend our mid-section.

9. The Swedish Empire 31795
IKEA is coming to a suburban neighborhood near you!

10. DreadFleet 29318
Damn, they just said forget the briremes and lightships, we build CARRIERS!

Last edited by a moderator: