Top 10: Sing or Swim

DeletedUser31624

Alternative view (utterly pointless and born out of too many 5min lootings)

This Sing or Swim ranking is based purely on the alliance names…. Names shouldn’t matter but often are surprisingly informative or invoke strong feelings… don’t you think?

1. It-Burns-When-We-Grep
Brilliant, genius name. So good I had to post an entry. You can see where these guys are playing because there are huge flickering flames coming out of the screen. Beautiful prose. I don’t remember a better team name, period. Even if these guys are losing it will be dramatic and live long in the memory. Verdict: Sing and Sing, will create a symphony of sound.

2. Zero Fox Given
Yeah didn’t get it until I googled it – it’s a clothing brand or something and the Fox is like a substitute for FCUK. Would prefer a more subtle “Frankly my dear..”. Or something. Otherwise ‘Zero’ is a good start but doesn’t really go anywhere. Best I can say is it is non-descript and the personality of ZFG will become the meaning of ZFG. Verdict: Sink.

3. PRO SQUAD. Really? Pro Squad. Really…. Verdict: Sink

4. Orbis Unum.
Hmmmm sounds serious and boasts Donald Trump. Here for the long term. Hmmmm serious dudes. Verdict: Swim

5. Knights of the Square Table
Yeah I like it. “We are the knights who ride our mighty Ducks into battle. We used to ride Unicorns but the ladies found them uncomfortable”. Yes yes yes this is more like it. Probably know something about Grepo too. Verdict: Swim Swim

6. Dragonborn
Did the right thing (if in doubt only use one word), but let’s face it, it’s a fail. Don’t need to look at the profile or the player list to know it will have a handful of active followed by a long long tail (bit like a Dragon). Verdict: when will they ever learn?

7. BLACK ZONE CRUSADE
I like the black zone bit…. Scary: black zone…. Oooo don’t go there whatever you do. Also like the reloaded bit in their profile. Solid. But unfortunately the Crusade lets them down. First what does it mean (either you have a black zone or not don’t you?. But more than that… best to avoid crusade, too much bad history re 11/12/13 century religious imperialism. Sounds cool at first but isn’t really. Change to just Black Zone or Black Zone Movement or something then Sing, otherwise Sink.

8. Havoc
Follows the one word rule, means something without being a cliché, nice simple write up, nice pic. If names mean anything these guys will do well! Verdict: Sing

9. The Groucho Club
Brilliant witty name (doesn’t technically exist in this world but then if it did it couldn’t recruit anyone anyway). Verdict: Sink

10. The Purge
Yeah this is okay but very non-descript, perhaps I was a little too harsh on ZFC after all. And what’s this annual purge about, why annual, why not all the time, why indeed indulge in the first place? Verdict: Sink.