Top 10 Sink or Swim

OutOfCharacters

Phrourach
Lana and Thizz, my comments were not for you, or in response to Lana's post. They were in response to outreach we received from a few of your players who are uncomfortable with the stories being pitched over there, and a desire to share more with others who may have been afraid to ask. Respect is a two-way street, and slamming people's honor because you don't like an outcome is not something everyone agrees with. Thizz's words to me partway through the server were that he wouldn't blame us if we wanted to fight DV. Lana was in zero conversations so her opinion is irrelevant.

Memes being destroyed helped DV much more than BB-- it stopped the spam on you and essentially gave you a second ocean. We had decided to fight them and were doing fantastically well. Our players didn't get caught offline during their spam ;) We all knew that taking that portal would break them, and it did. That left us with a boring ocean full of ghosts, and you with a free pass to a stronger end game. The whole server knew it at that time, and the world was assumed to be DV's for the taking. The only delusion involved in that process is DV leadership viewing that portal swipe as a one-sided gift from you to us, rather than a joint effort to remove memes. And then later assuming we owed you 44 for it, when you "didn't want real allies" as the world evolved.

I don't have much more to say on the subject-- those who've wanted to know more, know more. Those who still want to talk, we're happy to chat with them in PM. Those who want to cry in their 100-player soup because of the horrendous little team in 44, we'll hold the bowl for you and pat your head. I'm not disappointed in our leadership's actions, and that's all that matters to me. I still have several friends in DV, and loads of respect for them. But it was only a few days ago that several of your players were bragging that there was zero competition on the server... imagine if you had O44 as well, how dead this place would be. For the spirit of the game, that's something. You can't simultaneously complain about no competition... and also about competition...

I personally don't even care about a win (shhhhh team, I will continue to help try, because it's fun, except the part where we wait 45 minutes lag time to see if CSs landed or not). Sometimes I think you get so hyper-focused on winning at all costs, you forget to step back and enjoy the show. You're the frontrunner with the most cities, most buffs, and most gold... a little fighting shouldn't slow you down too much.

DeletedUser46902

In
From our view in BBB, as an alliance who joined on the rim for some good fighting, and not for the end game gymnastics--it has indeed been great fun. BBB players didn't clear a single temple for bp and fought valiantly all server, even through the toughest parts of daily spam driving many away. To those players, I say THANK YOU for helping us experience the true joy of teamwork and an honest fight, just for the purity of the game. THANK YOU for staying when it was just spam and became a struggle to find ways to have fun. What started as a handful of players on the rim-- not a premade-- turned into a really incredible time with great people.

To speak directly to the undercurrent going around:
(For the rest of the server's knowledge, BBB and DV had a NAP before BBB and MC started sharing temples.) For those in DV who are disappointed that BBB didn't act as a silent partner for you in the end game, or who say we betrayed friendships, there's a side to that diplo that you've not heard, or not been willing to listen to. Those who are truly our friends have seen past that and not assumed the worst, and some even asked about it to gain clarity. To the others, I guess we can just both be disappointed in each other. Real friendships show themselves in times of misunderstanding and disagreement. So if anger fuels you forward, grab onto it. If joy of competition fuels you, thank us for it.

From the very start we were clear we wanted the server to be fun, which to us means there are actual fights. We did not intend to play the end game, but as it evolved and players committed more energy, many enduring daily spam, things shifted. And alliance decisions were made with the best intent toward all involved.

With almost 100 players across DV's three alliances, and with DV's additional other silent partners who've surfaced in live feeds... if BBB had helped DV gain the Poseidon temple, and assisted DV in the end game, it would have been a very stupid server indeed. We're idealists, and we like to hope that the desire to win doesn't supersede the desire to earn it in a way that feels like a real accomplishment. That's something our friends in DV have always claimed they stand for, and we are holding them to it. I can say with full honesty that the people I'm playing alongside are in it for the joy of competition. Not to have a typical MRA victory or to buy the end game-- but for the joy of really trying something. To enjoy the journey.

Many people have put hours and hours into fighting or developing strategy. DV has expertly emphasized the PvE part of the game, capitalizing on temple BP, founding strategically, and making very calculated moves all server. Triad and Outsiders have developed their own 150 player powerhouse with a different strategy. MC fought a respectable fight all server, sandwiched between DV and Triad. (The downside of that is that their positioning stifled the same easy growth for MC that the rest of us fell into.) Each team has earned its place in the end game in their own way. With BBB included, MC has about 65 players-- the smallest of the top three alliances by a good margin. I've never played on the same team with many of them, and I'm grateful for the experience. So often, rumors fly about how people play the game-- and what I've seen these past few weeks has been incredible focus, commitment, and energy, in the face of difficult odds. Regardless of the outcome, it has most definitely been enjoyable.

Respect to all the teams, including those not mentioned above, for keeping things fun and active, especially with a new shiny server around the corner. Good luck to everyone!

1. We planned and helped you get the portal in O44.

2. We had a DNA with BBB, but without any prior warning, or even the common courtesy of mentioning it, you merged with Meme, taking into BBB a large number of them in O54 and 055. We had been fighting Meme in 054 and 055 since the start of the server. So many of our enemies were now part of BBB. The decision to continue our DNA was based on our long relationship with some members of BBB, going back a number of years.

3. You decide to merge with MC, again without any prior warning or even the common courtesy of advising us of it. Indeed, l would go so far as to say you went very quiet for a very long time, before you advised us 'oh yes, we merged'

4. l have no idea who our "silent partners" are, but l am not sure that Lords of Conquest, Sinners, Lockdown and Black Dawn (just read their profile) would like to think that you give them no credit for helping you.

Finally, and l will not comment any further on your 'spin' because it doesn't merit it, what matters to most of us, is finding that friends who we have played with over a number of years, and a number of servers, did not feel it necessary to treat us with respect and consideration.

OutOfCharacters

Phrourach
We did give heads up on all of that. You may not have seen it, but the conversations existed. Does "we didn't think it would be so many memes!" ring a bell? I'd forward the screen shots but I don't think that matters, since we are just arguing perspective. The only thing we did not do is say "hey, we're swapping temples with MC today, so if you don't like it and want to interfere, now would be a good time." Friends or not, that would be a silly thing to tell you.

Probably best we all stick to our own spins, and see who gets dizzy first :)
Best to you all, I hope everyone has fun.

giphy.gif

DeletedUser21560

Lana and Thizz, my comments were not for you, or in response to Lana's post. They were in response to outreach we received from a few of your players who are uncomfortable with the stories being pitched over there, and a desire to share more with others who may have been afraid to ask. Respect is a two-way street, and slamming people's honor because you don't like an outcome is not something everyone agrees with. Thizz's words to me partway through the server were that he wouldn't blame us if we wanted to fight DV. Lana was in zero conversations so her opinion is irrelevant.

Memes being destroyed helped DV much more than BB-- it stopped the spam on you and essentially gave you a second ocean. We had decided to fight them and were doing fantastically well. Our players didn't get caught offline during their spam ;) We all knew that taking that portal would break them, and it did. That left us with a boring ocean full of ghosts, and you with a free pass to a stronger end game. The whole server knew it at that time, and the world was assumed to be DV's for the taking. The only delusion involved in that process is DV leadership viewing that portal swipe as a one-sided gift from you to us, rather than a joint effort to remove memes. And then later assuming we owed you 44 for it, when you "didn't want real allies" as the world evolved.

I don't have much more to say on the subject-- those who've wanted to know more, know more. Those who still want to talk, we're happy to chat with them in PM. Those who want to cry in their 100-player soup because of the horrendous little team in 44, we'll hold the bowl for you and pat your head. I'm not disappointed in our leadership's actions, and that's all that matters to me. I still have several friends in DV, and loads of respect for them. But it was only a few days ago that several of your players were bragging that there was zero competition on the server... imagine if you had O44 as well, how dead this place would be. For the spirit of the game, that's something. You can't simultaneously complain about no competition... and also about competition...

I personally don't even care about a win (shhhhh team, I will continue to help try, because it's fun, except the part where we wait 45 minutes lag time to see if CSs landed or not). Sometimes I think you get so hyper-focused on winning at all costs, you forget to step back and enjoy the show. You're the frontrunner with the most cities, most buffs, and most gold... a little fighting shouldn't slow you down too much.

OOC i never blamed you for wanting to fight us, i blame you for not being honest about it.

I really do not mind the competition, is refreshing and fun. I do however mind that you choose to play righteous on here, when your actions ingame have been completely the opposite.

No one is crying over here, we really did not put too much into your stunt. We never really said anything about what you did to our members, so I'm not sure why any of them would be messaging you for the "truth" all we did was turn BBB red, send MM about it and continue with our plans.

Your comment about us wanting to win at all costs just saddens me. We have known each other for relatively long time and if anything I would assume that you would know that we never want to win at any cost.

We only want to win based on our own hard work and dedication.

You call us an MRA, but it's a fact that we declined about half of your meme players, if not more. If we really were an MRA you would know:p

You keep saying we want to win at all costs, eventho our actions show the opposite. Yet you keep saying you do not want to win, but your actions keep showing us that you do.

So please keep it real. Stop making yourself be the victim here and just be proud of what you did :)

Your welcome to pm me if you wish to talk further. I'm not going to comment anymore on here. Eventho you are now our enemy, i still like you to some degree ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser56567

what spam? there wasn't spam from memes on DV, only on fire and she handled it pretty well considering.

(for witchbane cuz i can't be asked to write another.) Meme wanted to get away from DV, I was probably the only one willing to fight DV and in the end was the only one fighting properly on that particular front.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silver Witch

Strategos
I think @Frog67 and @Shuri2060 well done for that spellathon. We admit we were lucky there - with the spawn and with the survival of that cs. I don't think i will ever get over 1 ls for 8 mins!

Lol, 1 LS.... ONE LS!!!!

Congrats DV, and nice work Frog... you could have at least tried to spell a few attacks to make us think we had a shot at breaking :)

Froggy was still shaking! It didn't mean we felt confident. We all watched those attacks and counted off every slooooow second!

Last edited:

DeletedUser21774

Congrats to all who helped end this world.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 3.36.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 3.36.25 AM.png
    767.2 KB · Views: 51