Because it is early in the server and the standings change frequently, there needs to be another Top Ten. That's my official reason, and not because the previously scintillating FOUR PAGES of discussion was much like a recently pubescent "Wonder Years" meets "All My Children".
Eyeglasses found, I've taken them back off, because it seems I needs reading glasses. Here is my update as a totally objective member of Triad.
As Peppy Hare would say, "It's quiet. Too quiet...be careful, it's a trap!" And that's how we're starting to roll.
1. Deliciously Vicious - I know they are doing something out there. Trying to one-up the linen doilies Triad made in week one? I heard macrame jumpers for the oldsters were all the rage. I see them quietly migrating to islands, much like the mosquito pods that arise out of my bird bath (reminder, empty that). And yet, they are the "most active alliance" with 100% activity in the past 24 hours! That's what the Oracle's been saying forever. I tried slapping the box to scramble that message, but realized that doesn't change code. (Message sent to developer).
Swim/Sink? They are a "Row, row, row the boat, gently down the stream, merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily..."
2. Triad - The oldsters were a little rough getting out of bed. But after their vitamins, light stretching and morning Tai Chi, they started their sensei fest. At present they are in the process of putting Good Game out of their misery, all in the name of social distancing. Getting the others off the island is just plain good sense eh? The old walkers are slowly being replaced by titanium sword canes, they are doing push ups and forced marches with filtered masks on to build up their durability. Because of their renewed vigor I give them:
Swimming on a powered raft with chilled adult beverages that Gompus got us after last night.
3. Rejects - They should change the name from Rejects to Ejects. They are kicking tushy all over the place. If it weren't for them, Triad wouldn't have bothered with the vitamins. In fact, looking at the Oracle they have taken so many cities from Triad we don't know... what? Just joking!! They politely handed off a city to DV and one to Masterchef. Still I'm giving them a solid
4. Meme Machine - They obviously took my advice last week and started listening to Miami Sound Machine, and Conga'd their way from #7 to #4. Or rather, four through six sank while they floated to the top (dancing also keeps you well regulated). With a few local alliances, and handouts by Black Blade Legion, they are overcoming the most inactive players, and for their cleaning up of the server I'll give them a
Float, (til someone pulls the chain)
5. Myrmidons - The Noob union (including their pacts) are hanging on after slipping a spot. They'll either gain competence, back fill poor players from their feeder group, or use the server as a learning experience. Perhaps some will join their pact, the WarBuilders. And no, your players can't join Triad. Or any subs or secret groups we have. Our guy has been over that! And stop sending him spy reports. That's not ethical! Or resources. He can't be bought with ... 2k gold? Hey I could be in the market....
6. The Masterchiefs - You give an alliance just a scintilla of happiness and BOY do they get greedy! Moving up from #8, they've taken on the big guns, who have had to take turns breaking from their macrame and knitting to address imminent concerns. Newcastle must have a platinum card. I heard the nice German lads at Inno are already planning the next quarter's bonuses.
Swim, and I'll bet they are in the top 3 at the end of the server (just don't read my comments about Endera)
7 - 10 have significantly smaller average points per player
7. Dead Horsemen - arose from the glue factory of disparate imploding players. As a former T-Ball coach, I always root for the new little ones. Sundaes after the game?
8. WarBuilders - Up from #10, they are a minion Myrmidon, and finally figured out how to hide their pacts. These ankle biters just might find out how the big dogs bite.
9. Inglorious Fewsion - Welcome to the big time boys and gals! Please bring Peaky Blinders up too, and we'll do lunch some time, hear?
Brings me such fond memories of my days in CHI
10. Free Dacians - New in the top 10. Next top ten will determine if they are the roux that makes the gravy or the deglaze bits at the bottom of the pan.
Dropping from the top Ten:
Endera - apparently the pack of Kardashians-meets-New Jersey Housewives and little boy toys with social media-induced adhd, turned the pack against their leader, rimmed him and poofed (except for the "starts with B and rhymes with panned "players. That, ladies and gentlemen, is why you don't put fighting fish in the same bowl.
GoodGame - had a rough night, took an alka seltzer and dissolved last night.
Black Blade Legion - cuz... right?