Top 10 Sink or Swim

DeletedUser56348

Congrats to MC on rebounding from the loss of Abila a few days ago.
Whatever the outcome, the majority of players here have played with loyalty, honour, integrity and respect to their friends / team mates and the opposition - and for that reason this will go down as the best server have ever played.

1st set MC.... looking forward to the 2nd set and hopefully what will become a 5 set nailbiter where may the best team win :)

OutOfCharacters

Phrourach
From our view in BBB, as an alliance who joined on the rim for some good fighting, and not for the end game gymnastics--it has indeed been great fun. BBB players didn't clear a single temple for bp and fought valiantly all server, even through the toughest parts of daily spam driving many away. To those players, I say THANK YOU for helping us experience the true joy of teamwork and an honest fight, just for the purity of the game. THANK YOU for staying when it was just spam and became a struggle to find ways to have fun. What started as a handful of players on the rim-- not a premade-- turned into a really incredible time with great people.

To speak directly to the undercurrent going around:
(For the rest of the server's knowledge, BBB and DV had a NAP before BBB and MC started sharing temples.) For those in DV who are disappointed that BBB didn't act as a silent partner for you in the end game, or who say we betrayed friendships, there's a side to that diplo that you've not heard, or not been willing to listen to. Those who are truly our friends have seen past that and not assumed the worst, and some even asked about it to gain clarity. To the others, I guess we can just both be disappointed in each other. Real friendships show themselves in times of misunderstanding and disagreement. So if anger fuels you forward, grab onto it. If joy of competition fuels you, thank us for it.

From the very start we were clear we wanted the server to be fun, which to us means there are actual fights. We did not intend to play the end game, but as it evolved and players committed more energy, many enduring daily spam, things shifted. And alliance decisions were made with the best intent toward all involved.

With almost 100 players across DV's three alliances, and with DV's additional other silent partners who've surfaced in live feeds... if BBB had helped DV gain the Poseidon temple, and assisted DV in the end game, it would have been a very stupid server indeed. We're idealists, and we like to hope that the desire to win doesn't supersede the desire to earn it in a way that feels like a real accomplishment. That's something our friends in DV have always claimed they stand for, and we are holding them to it. I can say with full honesty that the people I'm playing alongside are in it for the joy of competition. Not to have a typical MRA victory or to buy the end game-- but for the joy of really trying something. To enjoy the journey.

Many people have put hours and hours into fighting or developing strategy. DV has expertly emphasized the PvE part of the game, capitalizing on temple BP, founding strategically, and making very calculated moves all server. Triad and Outsiders have developed their own 150 player powerhouse with a different strategy. MC fought a respectable fight all server, sandwiched between DV and Triad. (The downside of that is that their positioning stifled the same easy growth for MC that the rest of us fell into.) Each team has earned its place in the end game in their own way. With BBB included, MC has about 65 players-- the smallest of the top three alliances by a good margin. I've never played on the same team with many of them, and I'm grateful for the experience. So often, rumors fly about how people play the game-- and what I've seen these past few weeks has been incredible focus, commitment, and energy, in the face of difficult odds. Regardless of the outcome, it has most definitely been enjoyable.

Respect to all the teams, including those not mentioned above, for keeping things fun and active, especially with a new shiny server around the corner. Good luck to everyone!

DeletedUser57043

Y’all please next time join world chat so we can get some degeneracy and toxic chest beating. 128wc was so dead the owners renamed it 132wc lol.

Kindly rollover belly up, grep as a spectator sport gives me terrible anxiety.

Lastly if MC win, will Ray gracefully request a name change to Revolt Ray? :)

Signed, a world chat WARRIOR

DeletedUser21560

From our view in BBB, as an alliance who joined on the rim for some good fighting, and not for the end game gymnastics--it has indeed been great fun. BBB players didn't clear a single temple for bp and fought valiantly all server, even through the toughest parts of daily spam driving many away. To those players, I say THANK YOU for helping us experience the true joy of teamwork and an honest fight, just for the purity of the game. THANK YOU for staying when it was just spam and became a struggle to find ways to have fun. What started as a handful of players on the rim-- not a premade-- turned into a really incredible time with great people.

To speak directly to the undercurrent going around:
(For the rest of the server's knowledge, BBB and DV had a NAP before BBB and MC started sharing temples.) For those in DV who are disappointed that BBB didn't act as a silent partner for you in the end game, or who say we betrayed friendships, there's a side to that diplo that you've not heard, or not been willing to listen to. Those who are truly our friends have seen past that and not assumed the worst, and some even asked about it to gain clarity. To the others, I guess we can just both be disappointed in each other. Real friendships show themselves in times of misunderstanding and disagreement. So if anger fuels you forward, grab onto it. If joy of competition fuels you, thank us for it.

From the very start we were clear we wanted the server to be fun, which to us means there are actual fights. We did not intend to play the end game, but as it evolved and players committed more energy, many enduring daily spam, things shifted. And alliance decisions were made with the best intent toward all involved.

With almost 100 players across DV's three alliances, and with DV's additional other silent partners who've surfaced in live feeds... if BBB had helped DV gain the Poseidon temple, and assisted DV in the end game, it would have been a very stupid server indeed. We're idealists, and we like to hope that the desire to win doesn't supersede the desire to earn it in a way that feels like a real accomplishment. That's something our friends in DV have always claimed they stand for, and we are holding them to it. I can say with full honesty that the people I'm playing alongside are in it for the joy of competition. Not to have a typical MRA victory or to buy the end game-- but for the joy of really trying something. To enjoy the journey.

Many people have put hours and hours into fighting or developing strategy. DV has expertly emphasized the PvE part of the game, capitalizing on temple BP, founding strategically, and making very calculated moves all server. Triad and Outsiders have developed their own 150 player powerhouse with a different strategy. MC fought a respectable fight all server, sandwiched between DV and Triad. (The downside of that is that their positioning stifled the same easy growth for MC that the rest of us fell into.) Each team has earned its place in the end game in their own way. With BBB included, MC has about 65 players-- the smallest of the top three alliances by a good margin. I've never played on the same team with many of them, and I'm grateful for the experience. So often, rumors fly about how people play the game-- and what I've seen these past few weeks has been incredible focus, commitment, and energy, in the face of difficult odds. Regardless of the outcome, it has most definitely been enjoyable.

Respect to all the teams, including those not mentioned above, for keeping things fun and active, especially with a new shiny server around the corner. Good luck to everyone!

Nice try OOC. You know clearly what we stand for, if you think us being "mad" at you is because u decided to give us competition, you are very delusional.

When you left us in the start it was very clear that you went to have fun and to challenge us and that was very cool with me. Then at a time when Meme was about to turn on u, you came to me and told me you didn't know how long you could keep up and that you would like to see meme go down

We arranged the portal snatch for you and turned the tide in about 24 hours.

Is fair that you do with your temple as you please, but as i told you in pm when you were getting your temple. Im a fool for gifting someone who want to test us a free temple, but that the trust built was worth the confidence.

Least i would expect was for you to quit if your team decided to use that portal against us. Or at the very least you could had given us a fair warning, not having us find out your plans by your actions. Worst part was that everytime we asked you about your actions, you kept assuring us everything was good.

We had no use of that portal regardless, so it was a no brainer for us to chase Meme away by helping you take it.

Had we not helped you, meme would had the portal and it would still be in play now. So there's really no difference for us gamewise.

Personally tho I'm a bit dissapointed in your actions. I expected more. But i think you played yourself more than you played us :)

Stop messaging our players about us, we barely mentioned you to the team. We have not turned anyone against you, you managed to do that on your own.

Gonna be a fun endgame for sure tho. Best of luck to all

Thizz

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser56348

OOC - I will keep this very brief.... please do not twist my words to be all about you and your actions this server. The long term consequences of those choices are a totally separate issue. On that subject my public reponse is simple - a dignified silence, which says all there needs to be said.

Again I will reiterate, we have been fighting original core MC from the very start, they are an enemy i have utmost admiration and respect for, it comes as no surprise whatsoever the battle for Olympus will be a tough fight likely decided by very small margins (hence my comparison to a close fought tennis game) and am looking forward to the coming weeks, whatever the outcome.