Top 12 ABP Alliances

DeletedUser

Let me see if I get this straight:

City Festival:

- Costs 15000 wood, 18000 stone, 15000 silver = 48,000 res
- Lasts 24 hours

300 BP:
(Assuming you use all slingers to kill each other so you get all the BP and also that you have conscription)

- Costs 300(49.5 + 90 + 36) = 52,500 res
- Lasts 8 hours

It seems to me (admittedly, an inexperienced player) that the advantage of the city fest is that it is slightly cheaper and you don't need to spend time building troops while the advantage of the bp is that you can have them every 8 hours.

However, I don't understand how you were able to "run 100+ city fest twice a day" if they last 24 hours....

Thoughts?

Sorry this is a little late, but perhaps I didn't mention I play on gamma, but the principal is still the same regardless of once or twice a day. Running city festivals saves troops for real battles, and give you a constant flow of CP.

DeletedUser

What world do you live in lol? No decent attacker would ever make such a stupid attack.

In the gaming world of byz in grepo I got 2116 kills as an attacker with 1510 losses. Or check this and try get cheaper culture:

Edit: Back to topic:

That is kind of a pointless post, to do the math on that you need to see what attacked with.... you blanked it out.

Feel free to post me your wall and I am happy to do the math on how much you lost\gained your way vs runninning city festivals.

DeletedUser21560

What world do you live in lol? No decent attacker would ever make such a stupid attack.

In the gaming world of byz in grepo I got 2116 kills as an attacker with 1510 losses. Or check this and try get cheaper culture:

Edit: Back to topic:

Shhh

Dont argue with the mod, he knows best, hes experianced! :D

DeletedUser

Maybe our dear mod is right but war is more fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Lol... Quay has been playing this game for over 18 months, and knows 100% what she is on about.

Your math is fatally flawed you have only accounted for 300 slingers... you get BP for what you kill.

So let’s play in the real world, Level 25 wall, 1000 swords... 300 slingers kills 57.

So 57 BP for you 52k resources.... I could get 6 city festivals for your one...

Alright Pro,

How about this: send 300 slingers to a neighboring city that you farm with a lvl 0 wall as support and then send 1000 slingers to go kill em. You spend about 300 slingers and you get around 300 bp. Give or take a bit because you lose some attacking troops but now you gain dbp when you support other players. Flawed?

DeletedUser

Alright Pro,

How about this: send 300 slingers to a neighboring city that you farm with a lvl 0 wall as support and then send 1000 slingers to go kill em. You spend about 300 slingers and you get around 300 bp. Give or take a bit because you lose some attacking troops but now you gain dbp when you support other players. Flawed?

If we ignore the slingers you attack with for now... as it is only 13 and you only get a fraction in BP so not worth counting.

But for the rest you need 58500 resources for the 300 slingers you kill vs 48000 for the city festivals.

Thefore making the City Fests about 18% cheaper for the culture, and that is with no wall...

Also where as the CF is more balanced in resources your slingers are very heaverly weighted in rock use thefore it would take you even longer to build them.

A CF runs for 24 hours on S1 your slingers with a L5 barracks takes about 36 hours to build.

Thanks for calling me pro but you wouldn't have to if you did the math before you posted ;)

DeletedUser

A few thoughts:

- the cost of slingers could go down if you research conscription

- I love spending rock as I am constantly rebuilding bloody light ships, which are my favorite unit, but unfortunately super pricey

- most of my cities have either lvl 10 or lvl 15 barracks

But I see your point, I mainly just wanted to make the argument that the BP option might not be SO unreasonable if you want to get a few cp in a hurry

DeletedUser

Yes, but there's another variable you're not considering. Attacking and killing stuff is FUN. Ooh, Krazies broke into the top 12 ABP...

DeletedUser

someone from my alliance had this genius insight:

holding city festivals doesn't ruin your enemies... lol

DeletedUser

Saska why are you even arguing, this world is most ^.^ I have ever played, players are uber smart!

DeletedUser21418

just open your eys

all the worlds, are dominatet by off playres.

DeletedUser21770

This is quickly getting closer to a debate, which isn't what this thread is about. Can we just drop this conversation, or take it to PM/another thread or something please? I'm no moderator, but it seems like forever since there was an actual mention of the top 12 ABP alliances.

Edit: I laughed when I got -repped for this post for apparently being boring XD

Anywho, to kick start this back on topic:
iaza12403796950500.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Westpoint has a lot of potention strong players all around better then all alliances on Byz considering their size,98% of byz alliances should just press the delete button and go home your disgracing Grepolis.

DeletedUser21560

Westpoint has a lot of potention strong players all around better then all alliances on Byz considering their size,98% of byz alliances should just press the delete button and go home your disgracing Grepolis.

but then who are we going to kill if they all do that? its bad enough everyone press delete as soon as we enter their islands:(

DeletedUser

but then who are we going to kill if they all do that? its bad enough everyone press delete as soon as we enter their islands:(

We can then declare our independence and fight eachother to the death!

DeletedUser21560

We can then declare our independence and fight eachother to the death!

Declare independence :D

sounds like fun- alot of times that use to happen when server goes dead, the #1 splits up to liven up the server