Top 12 Top 12 Alliances~ Sink or Swim

• Thread starter DeletedUser31385
  • Start date

Ranga1

Strategos
No its not like real life, that's what im saying, its a game. Some like to spend their money and time playing it, you like to think that makes you better than those who do not, hence all you guys like to say its an excuse for losing. Im not going to find another world to live in because of a game, do you realise how ridiculous that sounds?

DeletedUser39822

It's a question of semantics because while we like to try to differentiate this game with real life this game IS played as part of your real life. No one is stepping outside of themselves to plays this game....except for those players who name themselves after Lord of the Rings characters and cast spells at you 24/7.

Some people will go out and hit the town for a night and drop a hundred dollars or ninety two euros on drinks and seven to eight hours of fun but that same amount can buy you a month of fun in this game. Money well spent if you ask me.

DeletedUser24785

You must be mistaken Tomothy, Balrog doesn't abuse gold. He 5 minute farms all day and maxes out his farming villages from day 1 of the server.

All whilst running an international company and keeping up with a busy social life, playing golf and messing about with his many yachts :D

I never said he did, i just said i want his credit card for christmas.

DeletedUser22517

at least they have 100 times the honnor you guys pretend to have lol :

4dcd02bea94e726488d185bf17352bb5.png

this kind of play is always a big sink long term

Why Micvan was kicked have nothing to do with you or your new, old b-friend.You can count this like you took a city from TS, actually lets count it like 2.Leave him out of this

DeletedUser23413

I am still waiting the PnP about you and Praehelios abandoning The Merge fellows in Sinope. That would make more fun to read.

DeletedUser39992

Its like you've never seen a top 12 thread before :D

True. I don't typically troll the top 12, but it's an interesting world and this was worth checking out. But I was getting irritated by the pissing contests. My bad. It's a ritual, apparently. Have at it.

DeletedUser42118

Top 12 based on alliance names

1. The syndicate
I can remember playing this game in the 90's, i believe it was also re released in 2012.
There's also a Uk tv series called "The Syndicate" were a 5 member betting syndicate win the lottery, the theme tune to the programme is "All or Nothing" which is a nice coincidence. Perhaps this explains the deep pockets, did these guys win the lottery????
Over all this isn't a bad name although not original 7/10

2. New Toon Alliance
I know what you footy fans are thinking (yes footy/football, soccer is incorrect as is the way you pronounce aluminium in the US ) ..... Are these guys from Newcastle?
If not, was there an Old Toon Alliance?
I don't get the name, i've no idea why it was chosen and i'm afraid even though original to me i don't like it. 3/10

3. The Barbarians
Known in short as the "Baa-Baas", these guys select players from all over the world, they select players on merit (In rugby at least).
The Barbarians is also a film made in 1987, the cover showing 2 muscle kissers doing what muscle kissers do best, posing.
A barbarian is a human who is perceived to be uncivilized or primitive, i see this as them being at the early stage of development or evolution.
Not a bad name, nor the best 7/10

4. The Brotherhood
Man there's A LOT of movies and series with this name, all i needed to type was "The B" and The Brotherhood was up on my google search.
Are girls aloud or will you be setting up The sisterhood?
I can just see you guys sitting round a massive round table all wearing your matching uniforms.
Not a bad name but used everywhere in everything 5/10

5. Transient Drifters
A "drifter" is an itinerant person. Such people may be called drifters, tramps, rogues, hobos or jorie. A transient is also a "drifter" but typically moves because of work whereas the "drifter" doesn't work.
I like this name 9/10

6. New Toon Defenders
A LOT of thought went into this sister alliance name. (see rank 2)
3/10

7. The Bloody Axe
Scary yeh? The bloody axe is a scary story about a young boy who suspects his father may be a murderer. It is based on an old horror comic which is considered one of the scariest comics ever made. BUT...... This is Grepolis
The name was made through a merge, they did the best they could which what they had.
I don't dislike the name 6/10

8. Noobs Incorporated
I cannot comment on my own alliance.....
Really? Yes but i will rank it without any detail
4/10

9. Torc
A torc is a large rigid or at least stiff neck ring in metal, so you name your alliance after a necklace, classic!
Are you sure you didn't miss the letter "h" off the end? Torch would have been better!
Bad name 2/10

10. Team Harlock
Space Pirate Captain Harlock is the only thing that google comes up with.... What's that?
To me this alliance sounds more like a basket ball team, are you sure you came to the right place?
Space pirates do sound reasonably cool
Ok name 6/10

11. The Hammer
Only seen this alliances name in every sever i've ever played, this name is 1 level up from "Spartans". Why not go into some detail of the hammer? Claw, sledge, lump ect
Bad name 1/10

12. Grim Sleepers
Grim Sleeper is the nickname for a suspected and accused serial killer in Los Angeles, California, believed to be responsible for at least ten murders.
And there's 26 of them here, that means at least 260 of us are sure to die!
Also a band which i've never heard of but they could be good?
Ok name 5/5

Last edited by a moderator:

ErikWijmeersch

Strategos

10. Team Harlock
Space Pirate Captain Harlock is the only thing that google comes up with.... What's that?
To me this alliance sounds more like a basket ball team, are you sure you came to the right place?
Space pirates do sound reasonably cool
Ok name 6/

We just a small team, but no that small as a basket ball team lol.
It's a manga cartoon from my youth yes.

00cc39dbf6dbdada20a3c2d4278f1074.png

DeletedUser

3. The Barbarians
Known in short as the "Baa-Baas"
Not a bad name, nor the best 7/10

11. The Hammer
Only seen this alliances name in every sever i've ever played, this name is 1 level up from "Spartans". Why not got into some detail of the hammer? Claw, sledge, lump ect
Bad name 1/10

+rep for the effort!
The Barbarians are commonly known as "Barbies".:D
The Hammer is the second over-used alliance name, right between "Spartans" and "Harpoon":Angry:

DeletedUser23413

Haha, nice. Fresh air for the top 12.
I also notice that The Hammer, Legion XIII, Freedom Fighters, Fully Equipped Elites are the alliance names we see in all revolt worlds. They didn't go far of course :D

DeletedUser23413

Erik, can you share the Inactives tab? Look like that will be your major business. What a big tab :D

DeletedUser32731

Leo being your recruiter and cap limit 75 L M A O.. why you guys had to put Lukjackm in there bro :p your original gang dropping fast huh ;)

DeletedUser23413

We don't need 2k players to look like a fat lady :D. Luk kicked your @ss in Sinope and he will come back to finish you guys here. Don't worry.
When you revolt our 70 cities Blaze? Don't be like in Sinope. Hope you have more transport nukes to stack this time :D

Last edited:

DeletedUser23413

The Syndicate are more wealthy than some alliance whose leader need to put 100 gold award for every 1k point city their member take :D

I was about to buy your rock on the market yesterday but it would block my market too long. If you ran out of gold, just give me a call, I would send you a gift card Faizan. Don't be shy :cool:

PS: You made me laugh about Sinope. You did desperately expected the charity award from Erik but he didn't deliver so you guys continue to follow him here for a slim hope. Remember? the turtles of Sinope used to take 30+ cities from the mighty Alpha every week, lol. KiBorg, Frishko, Blaze, Haraxvati, ... all Alpha leaders were in my conquest list :D You recruited an entire alliance in our back side with hope to bring war to us from 3 sides. How did it work? You quit after 1 ops. Lol. Miserable, Faizan!

Last edited:

DeletedUser48572

Again who won Leo? .....You ran the table after the game was decided ...good for you bud..but again..who actually won? This is obviously a new server..but that "sinope" propaganda..stop with all that. TS lost that server.

DeletedUser23413

Depends on the definition they won the victor award we won the crowns. However on the battle field they got kicked butt even before the WW started. You were one of them. You miserably ran away with your small Rocky cities.