Top 12 Top 12 alliances

DeletedUser

Hey Seph, nice to get a fresh perspective on things :)

Maybe some things..

Karma: Taunting most alliances just to see who will attack next, using other groups to subdue their enemies and look heroic sweeping in and mopping up, be interesting to see Kos and Karma at each other without outside help/hinderance.
Being someone who is good at gathering data, I'd really like to know how one has come by such information, can't for the life of me recall anything of the sort.

Kos: Being hit from a few different angles, be interesting if people will continue to enjoy what looks to be a long drawn out war.
Different angles talk sounds all good and dandy until you see that Karma has to deal with the same, just with 2x less members.
I wouldn't count the south side of KE as being much of anything. Where are those guys that wanted Karma to war KE now? Well.. all in KE.. go figure.

Relentless: Doing the dirty work for said other alliance, can't say how effective, am not a number cruncher, I am sure Honky will oblige ;)
There have been about 3-4 occasions where either side has asked the other to assist in something, 2 of those times were not even required and one was cancelled. Actually if I'm correct that withers it down to 0, correct me on this if anyone remembers something.
And if you take another perspective, such as RELENTLESS being the helpful tool we use... I would say The Resistance could be considered the same? This is all hypothetical obviously, we respect our brothers in RELENTLESS and are in no way using them, it's probably some form of distant symbiosis.

Geto Dacii LG: Drawn into a new "North Vs South" war, being completely used by Karma to fight The Resistance to the south, Pity the hotheadness of a leader is not more tempered by the realism of their players.
Actually, the way that was played out was like this:
Karma "Hey brosif, you wanna hit it with the big boys?"
Geto "Sure brosif, I'll get you a few guys who want blood, say, can we hit The Resistance in the meantime?"
Karma "Nah, they're staying out of this and we'd be happy if you didn't harm them."
Geto "Oh allright.. just saying, they've been doing some weird stuff and we want to punish them a bit."
Karma "No dude, sorry."
---Honky goes to VM---
---The Resistance enters into war with Karma---
Karma "Hey uh..you know that thing about The Resistance where we thought they should be left alone in peace? You can forget about that and do your thing :)"
Geto "Oh thanks bro!"
---Honky gets mail "The Resistance enters war, told Geto they can do what they want"---
---Honky thinks "Oh.. oh well" and sleeps peacefully that night---

DeletedUser40000

be interesting to see Kos and Karma at each other without outside help/hinderance.
Uhh, no way that they're getting all of the fun!

Very nice review, I would +rep you but I did it last time when I was in a repmood, and I must spread my influence around before I can rep you again, sorry :p

DeletedUser

Aw Pizza, don't you know us females just crave the love (Jodamo finally explained this +rep thingey to me ... )

Honky, anything to spice up a forum that is rather stale, everyone should know, I have no idea what I am talking about ;)

DeletedUser

Everyone should know what?
I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.

We landed 3 CS in the rank 1 alliance today, but this is common so ultimately uninteresting.

I'm writing up some legal documents right now so you'll have to excuse me, not really in the mood for jokes.

DeletedUser39502

as for the number crunching, seph...

REL VS KE and KEII 33-1 (that one was actually taken back I might add)
REL2 VS KE and KEII 2-18 (wouldn't have guessed it!)
Total REL VS KE 35-19

I'd love to give KE some credit for the 18 conks but all of them were cities picked off in their core from newly joined members from the remnants of Spartan Pheonix. Cities we understood were lost. So far, they've yet to take a city in any ocean belonging to us. They've tried but they have failed in epic manner numerous times recently. Meanwhile we have managed a foothold in their ocean and are bringing the fight to them. As for the "taking heat from multiple directions"... Ummm, isn't it just REL and Karma? Meanwhile KE has pretty much recruited the entire south. I can only speak for a small handful of good players down there that aren't KE. They even use prometheus to do their dirty work! That's rediculous! Look em up. 29th I believe. Most of them just started down south. Unless they're friends from another world, I don't see the point in all that unless you're grasping at straws. So, the entire southern hemisphere outside of REL territory has been recruited by KE and WE are being bullies? PISHAWWW! lol.

One last thing, just cuz I'm especially chatty this morning. "RELENTLESS doing the dirty work for other said alliance"... I guess we can't fly under the radar anymore so what's the harm in me asking, who ever said the war wasn't my idea? Hmmmm... Food for thought. And I'll make my exit from the forums for another month or so. Happy hunting you guys. The pickings are gettin easier! Speaking of easy, I just wanted to let Arrzee know that I saw you pulling a certain player out of our reach. I think that's just hilarious. You actually had to pull a player with nearly 30 cities off the front lines so we couldn't get to him anymore! Bwahaha.

Sorry if I'm off topic...

DeletedUser

There go the facts again, probably wrong once ArrZee says so, but right now they seem legit, I haven't actually checked myself, but I know KE sucks and REL doesn't so it should all work out.

As for the one player they had to pull away.. who was that and how can I munch upon his sweet tender flesh?

DeletedUser39502

lol, it was Alexis Komnenos if you must know. I wasn't sure if he was quitting and handing his cities off, or if they were actually pulling him off the front lines, but since he's still around, and all of his cities near us are gone, I can only assume they just didn't want us knocking down his doors anymore. Trickard replaced him in a few places.

DeletedUser

Well Gents (and the occasional Lady), I for one am glad to see that the smack talking has dwindled to as near zero as one can expect. I enjoy seeing the facts posted and lively banter and must admit the personal attacks were becoming very tedious. I liken it to two drunks arguing over who pays the bar tab on the Titanic.

DeletedUser40000

Cooly has been keeping growth stats for KE, Karma & REL all week, and they show something entirely different. But I'll leave posting those to him, I'm terrible with numbers.

DeletedUser39502

Yes, I show something entirely different. I lump together RELENTLESS AND RUTHLESS, and KE with KEII, counting each of them as one alliance. The transfer of players otherwise would be too much to interpret and numbers would be skewed strangely. I suppose we could keep count of points and city count in game to show which of our stat sites is more accurate. Considering you have a bar graph and I have actual numbers, I'm going to guess mine is likely to be more accurate. Visual representations are nice, but I don't think they are showing the whole picture sorry to say.

WEEK 1 TOTALS

Saturday, 9/11/13 Thru Friday, 15/11/13​
REL and RUL gained 443,000 points and 50 new cities!
Karma -- gained 40,000 and 7 new cities.
KE and KEII -- 204,000 points gained, and 12 new cities.

CITY & POINT TOTALS -- 16/11/13
REL and RUL -- 1,735 cities for 16,650,000 points
Karma -- 1,146 cities for 11,258,000 points
KE and KEII -- 2,241 cities for 22,432,000 points

Cool-Aid said:
Saturday 9/11​
REL and RUL, we gained 70,000 points and 7 new cities as an alliance! Tomorrow will be better!
Karma -- 6,500 points and 1 new city
KE and KEII -- -66,000 points lost, and 14 cities lost!

SPECIAL NOTES​
KEII loses Silverlobo​
Cool-Aid said:
Sunday 10/11​
REL and RUL -- -122,000 points lost and 8 cities lost.
Karma -- 24,000 points gained and 2 new cities!
KE and KEII -- 62,000 points gained and 7 new cities.

SPECIAL NOTES​
REL loses​
Cool-Aid said:
Monday 11/11​
REL and RUL -- gained 201,000 points and 21 new cities!
Karma -- gained 24,000 points and 3 new cities.
KE and KEII -- gained 75,000 points and 9 new cities!

SPECIAL NOTES​
Relentless gains [player]livucus[/player] and [player]Zverkoglu[/player]
Relentless loses [player][/player]
+240,000 points​
Cool-Aid said:
Tuesday 12/11​
REL and RUL, we gained 190,000 points and 19 new cities!
Karma -- 30,000 points and 3 new cities.
KE and KEII -- 20,000 points gained, and 1 new city!

SPECIAL NOTES​
No players lost or gained this day​
Cool-Aid said:
Wednesday 13/11​
REL and RUL, we gained 69,000 points and 7 new cities!
Karma -- Lost 155,000 points and lost 15 cities.
KE and KEII -- 57,000 points gained, and 4 new city!

SPECIAL NOTES​
Karma loses [player][/player] -- -167,000
Cool-Aid said:
Thursday 14/11​
REL and RUL, we lost 65,000 points and lost 10 cities.
Karma -- gained 36,000 and 4 new cities!
KE and KEII -- 36,000 points gained, and 3 new city!

SPECIAL NOTES​
REL loses [player][/player] -165,000
Cool-Aid said:
Friday 15/11​
REL and RUL, we gained 100,000 points and 14 new cities!
Karma -- gained 75,000 and 9 new cities!
KE and KEII -- 20,000 points gained, and 2 new cities. Poor performance from the world's largest alliance!

SPECIAL NOTES​
No player changes today​

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser39502

As I recall, that particular site doesn't differentiate between internals that occur. If that has been updated, I apologize.

Actually I'm certain I'm, correct.
http://www.grepostats.com/world/en56/alliance/24/colonizations
That clearly shows where KE gets their stuff.

Yes, I'm not sure what that said when you posted it, but today it is still filled with KE vs KEII (or vice versa) conks. lol. Maybe I should check my own... While we take our fair share of internals on the daily, I do believe we landed three or four CS on KE/KEII cities in the last two days. That ship is sinking fast.

DeletedUser

all stats and no substance, i suppose the 25 cities we picked up over the weekend were not good enough to be included. basically what you are saying is KE have the simmers of the world in their ranks.

lets have a real look at it:

spartans alliance
black phoenix
lead with honour
prometheus
KALYMNIAKI AIGIDA DODEK
black ops
tons of ghost
KE2

This is the food off KE, keep patting yourselves on the back, this will certainly keep your guys entertained for the next year and a half. If indeed its "growth" that matters then karma will be delighted to give you this by eradicating your allies in the east.

DeletedUser39502

do keep in mind that my stats do reflect membership changes. Karma lost one player that had, i believe, 15 cities? So their weekly total is reflected in that. I'm not measuring the effect of each alliance as it pertains to the war and cities taken/lost, just growth of the alliances in points and cities. I know you're not talking to me, just noting that in case. If KE were to pick up a decent sized player or two, their stats would likely be very close to our own.

DeletedUser

Cities are cities. Total cities and total points determine who ranks where. Not where they came from.

DeletedUser

Cities are cities. Total cities and total points determine who ranks where. Not where they came from.

Sigh..so why join up KE and KE II if both "grew" from eachother, wouldn't that null it all? Well anyway, don't matter none to me.

DeletedUser

Two entirely different areas of operations. Up north you guys have hogs from several different alliances feeding from the same city trough. You will take and lose cities rapidly as long as this is the fact. That isn't the case in KEII's primary area of operations. So for those who beat their gums about "feeding grounds", etc...just remember, only a fool pays for something that he can get for free. And as long as it's free or low cost, only a fool would not take what's available. Spending scads of resources to take a city from a really good player equals THE SAME in the end game as taking a ghost, or a city from someone who can barely use a keyboard. You just PAID more for yours, that's all. All the chest beating regarding who/whom the city/ies were taken from means absolutely ZERO in the stats. When they track braggadocio as a statistic that determines who ranks highest, then and only then will WHO one takes a city from mean anything. Until then...it means diddly. Unlike most other players, I am a military veteran. I cannot be emotionally prodded or provoked into acts of stupidity (that usually takes an order from at least a Colonel or above lol). So alzob, you continue to do you, and I will do me. And please keep in mind that pride cometh before the fall.

And the fact is, you can put whatever spin on numbers you wish, but the base numbers remain the same. It's total points and total city counts that determine who's on top. I am in no way saying this is a done deal for any alliance. Nor am I saying that it won't be very close at the end. All I am saying is, that based on the numbers, historical trending, etc...what IS now...will remain the norm at the end. Only some form of mega-drastic shift can halt, slow, or reverse this trending.

DeletedUser39502

All the chest beating regarding who/whom the city/ies were taken from means absolutely ZERO in the stats. When they track braggadocio as a statistic that determines who ranks highest, then and only then will WHO one takes a city from mean anything. Until then...it means diddly

it does matter. It matters more than anything. Personally, I'm not playing for the crown. I could care less about that stuff. Don't get me wrong, winning is great but what drives me is what I'm able to accomplish. In my previous worlds, the core always dominated the rim players. Even when faced with war on every edge of the empire, the core players dominated the world. I came here to see if I could lead a rim alliance to victory. Maybe I can, maybe I can't, but if I don't I'll at least be able to say I put together a nasty bunch of players that could hand it to the biggest alliance in the world. Arrzee says he takes a city from every leader. We aim to do the same. Not sure if we've gotten one from FWR, but if we haven't at least we have gotten to 2/4 of your founders. We enjoy the challenge. It's why we play. You can keep looking for the easiest way to win the world if you want to, but we're gonna keep knocking down your doors. It's something to be proud of. an achievement even. The reason KE gets such a bad wrap is because they haven't, to my knowlege, even fought back. Say what you want about the stats leaning in your favor but what does your alliance have to be proud of? You're very good at boring everyone to death and scooping up the internals, recruiting and repeating. According to your logic, that's actually the BEST way to do it. I can't argue that I guess. Even at the rate you're going though, REL/RUTH is outgrowing you by leaps and bounds. Just a matter of time before that plan fails you.

DeletedUser

Thank you for illustrating the difference between a winning strategy and a less-successful strategy. Again, we all engage in investing our time here for many reasons. My personal reason is simply this. I enjoy out-thinking my opponents. Your assertion regarding REL/RUTH will, eventually, either prove or disprove itself. When a war of words erupts, I will gladly bow to your superior skills.

http://chart.googleapis.com/chart?chxl=0:|GetoDaciii+LG|Phoenix+From+the+Ashes|Black+Phoenix|RUTHLESS|GetoDacii+LG|Kos+Elite+II|RELENTLESS|The+Resistance|Karma|Kos+Elite&chxr=0,0,158.333&chxs=0,676767,11.5,0,_,676767&chxt=y&chbh=a&chs=500x250&cht=bhs&chco=4D89F9&chds=a&chd=t:61,42,38,36,26,16,14,11,5,5&chdlp=l&chtt=Alliance+Growth

However, the facts, at least over the last week, would seem to differ from your assertion.

Last edited by a moderator: