Top 12 Top 12 Alliances

DeletedUser

Has nothing to do with the current war, just look at the faction who left the top alliances and you will see the entire O44 crew. Looks like a decision to win the WW's to me. Not to mention the entire war just made the map a whole lot more interesting; besides PGM has been warring everyone on the map, what was one additional alliance? What I am interested to see are the decisions that will come out of this in terms of pacts/naps? Is everyone going to watch the new alliance take control and win the server now? Awfully hard to move into 44 against them. I would venture to say old enemies will become new friends and vice versa.

I agree. This change has little to do with fighting FE except at best seeing that PGM has to deal with the south as well, so no better time to split out in the north. Most likely, it probably just seemed as good a time as any to move.

And the shake up make things a little too volatile to create a good top 12. Lot's of flux that isn't finished yet, so until things settle a bit, I wouldn't be surprised to not see an update.

DeletedUser40747

anyone doing TOP 12 . interesting changes here :D

Sand castle Broken into several pieces :))):cool

DeletedUser

All right. I think the shifting world has started to settle into it's next phase so it's as good a time as any. Here goes-

1.) 4 Snow Whites and Dwarves- The break out group in the northwest. Seeing a base consisting of solid Ocean 44 domination, these guys are host to some players. The recent attainment of number one is not surprising and the fact that they still have a few member slots mean they have the potential to widen the lead further. Diplomacy will be a curious foundation to their hopes of winning WW. Easily capable of creating at least 2/7 a strong pact or cooperation could lead them to the win. Up and growing challenger from Silver in the south, and the northern juggernaut of Dark Judgement to their east leads for a lot of contest and chance to see their win slip away. Rumor mill holds them pacted with PGM so developments on that front could mean a lot.
As fairly new in their existence little can be deduced on their fighting spirit. The primary of their recent takes have been the game of internal shuffle. A lot of promise and a tale that is yet to be written means all eyes are on them.

2.) Final Exam- Boldly declaring war on PGM these guys have yet to demonstrate proof of their commitment. A few solid takes against players but as a whole the ABP growths have been minimal as targets have become inactive corpses. As cities continue to be taken they could lead to be every bit the proverbial thorn in PGM's side, however a chance for an O55 ghost means they could lose their chance for the big fight they wanted. Announcements of WW intents means they will need the extra cities to make a play. Depending on who and how their allies stand with them they have a chance to run 4/7. More than likely though, the inability to share the grand prize means they will make it 2/7 and perhaps then their true metal will be exemplified.
Some activity within their top ranks means that some of their strength is waking up and that's an incredible boost in terms of necessity. The real question for them will be how fast can they grow and how do they develop their interests with those around them.

3.) Dark Judgement- The titanic force spread over the north continues their growth against the hemorrhaging Srbija and newly weakened PGM. For the most part however, the in-trading with Wargasm and Army of One means they never keep themselves above 3rd rank. With a vicious intent to rule the north, these powers are keeping an eye everywhere. Diplomacy will dictate who they fight, and the fact that they have been able to keep so many players active speaks greatly for them. These guys find themselves in much the same way as Final Exam. They have a chance to run 4/7 with confirmed and undeterred support from their friends, but if they have to build solo, another likely 2/7 contender is expected.
They will need to push harder and faster than those around them, and will have to tread carefully with it comes to friends and new potential foes. The chance to finally sit themselves into a multi-fronted war is very real and could have world changing consequences for them.

4.) Silver- A recent addition to the top ranks, but having been around for a while there is a lot to be said for these guys. The recent addition of members has blossomed them into quite a group, but should be acknowledged from the fact they are easily one of the most active fighting alliances right now. While still finding their way into inactive or unaligned cities, their continued fight with Spartans Reborn and even the fighting remains of PGM means these guys are ready for a knockdown drag-out. The new presence and strengthening of Snow White could mean a bloodbath of colors between these guys and that could lead to one of the more interesting fights.
Silver while full of capable players runs into a bit of lag between their best and their worst and unless they have some rapid expansion, the point gap/city count could be too much for them to overcome. This means their odds of attaining 4/7 aren't so good without others.

5.) Under Construction- It was to be a cold day before I expected to see PGM fall so far. The recent exodus of players both to SnowWhite and to real life has certainly diminished these guys but they are still very much alive. Snagging a working title so to speak the future and indeed true livelihood of this husk is in danger should the construction not go well. Once again should the rumor be true that Snowwhite is a pacted alliance, the future looks better but should things not settle down and find themselves concluded we could witness their final end. A likely merger between them and PG could mean the lose of 14 players, but it would allow them to reclaim their seat in the WW race.
So many options and possibilities swell around these guys, it's hard to know what to expect. Critical decisions and dire situations mean when not watching snow white, everyone is scoping out the construction site.

6.) Premium Gold- With a final ghost and a salute from the other, the recent departure of leadership from PG suggests their situation is dire. As with UC, hard decisions need to be made. Priorities need to be stopping their exodus, forming a plan and executing it with a vengeance. Their player base still boasts some very impressive players and the recent trend to downplay them means they have the advantage. The mass amount of open cities around them means they have every opportunity to grow uncontested and save their fight for where it's needed most. But the key is they have to move quickly and with a purpose.
Without the right steps and a few friendly hands, the final days for PG could be approaching.

7.) Army of One- As another of the northern powerhouses these guys continue to keep themselves balance with DJ and Wargasm. Once again the in-trading had meant they don't have to risk themselves any more than they wish to which is good for business. Maintaining open member slots and some weaker members in their ranks means these guys have every potential to grow. Good diplomacy has been a plus, but the lack of fighting has been interesting. A few takes here and there, but the bulk of their pulls are unaligned or in-trades.
Watching their progress moving forward will be interesting but again, on their own, their ability to run 4/7 is rather slim. Helping hands abound if they wish to break out from the northern shadow on their own.

8.) Nameless Faction- Recent mergers have really helped blow up their ranks and points. Diplomacy has been a huge boost as well as their long fight with allies Unnatural Selection against then DoM across the O46/56 border came to an end. A lot of questions can be had regarding their WW intents but for now those who fight seem to be content to do so. Simming and poor numbers are still pretty high in their ranks so going forward some kickstarting will be in order. With PGM seeing some danger conflicts could give the exact spur they need to really take off. Time is the enemy though as without some serious help, their WW shots will miss.
The next few months will be the benchmark of their existence as they strive for a place in the final show.

9.) Wargasm- The story of the north repeated. In-trading is their staple but of the north, they seem to have taken the biggest fight with PGM. A credit to their fighters they seem to be handling themselves really well. The numbers for their best are impressive, but they see their lower ranks seated with some less impressive players. Maintaining the balance of the north will say a lot for what happens next, but if O55 does see itself with more vacancies expect these guys to have the biggest growth from it.
5 months isn't much time so as long as their backfield is getting prepared their front should be free to push but in the end, they need more cities to make a solid attempt without help.

10.) Legion of Kings- Owning a good chunk of the western core, these guys grow by the efforts of a few. Internal activity is decaying and while they gained a lot of possible real estate with the MIA of Lyle, they are positioning themselves into even bigger fights. Once again a point and city count demonstrates a need for massive growth soon, or they wont make the final stage. As they move into the more active territory a lot could be spoken so it's best to wait and see.
Diplomacy is going to once again reign. Strong powers in the north, and a recent pact with FE are key components but it's hard to say what will happen next.

11.) Srbija- This once mighty group shows every sign of a slow death. You have to go back to October 22nd in-order to find a trend that isn't losing cities, and that was against ghosts. With their MRA alliance Srbija 2 down to 10 members, a merger and refocus should be priority one, but if they can't find a way to stop dropping cities, a discussion of WW isn't even considerable.
They fought well and against strong odds but it looks like the end to this once incredible contender.

12.) Commandos- One of the final chapters of the Xi alliances, these guys continue to hold on. With only 27 members they have a lot of growth options with recruiting if they could find players. An opportunity could arise if PGM or Srbija disbands, but there's no way to be certain how strong some hostilities might run. The start of conflicts with SnowWhite could lead to a lot of interest but in the end, the chance for Commandos to hold a place at the final stage is probably slimmest of all the top 12 (sans srbija).
Without outside help, or a large infusion of membership all signs suggest they will continue to exist but only to help someone else.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser40747

well done Cyaphas ..ppreciate if you can add more info .. :)

DeletedUser

Since Naji left and PGM are falling apart, left and right, no spirit to play. I think it is fair to say that he was holding it down together. It will be very interesting to see how this will end :)

DeletedUser32250

I think it's time for an Update, don't you?!
This is my take on the top alliances!

Cats
The former Ocean 44 team of the PMG crew who broke away almost 2 months ago is starting it's total domination in the Ocean 44 sector. (When i say total i mean COMPLETELY total) Since they left they have shown pure aggressiveness against their only enemy Silver.
After securing the east, north and the south with a few simple pacts, they focused their efforts on the west, cleaning up the islands there! After long fought battles, they discovered a few loop holes in silvers defence system. They quickly managed to get themselves a few cities on potential silver WW sites at least 20h+ CS distance. This i think showed their power but with activity and plenty of organised cities, where can you go wrong eh?

Dark Judgement and Company - WarGasm + Army of One
So the northern force of power finally managed to complete it's long expansion towards Ocean 55 where they knew they would have their work cut out. After recruiting Udhata, things started to heat up. Low actives found they had more reason to be afraid (in their core) and at the worst time possible, Their enemy, PMG managed to get a few Repo's. But only the Repo's were the high end players. These free cities soon found a DJ-co flag over their mast and soon turned O55 into a blood watered ocean... what will come in the future? Only time will tell!

Recently, this brave group managed to pick a fight with Final Exam. After FE picked up a few cities from the serbian alliance ,that once was the great northern alliance named Srbija (now crippled). After being asked by DJ and Co to give the Ocean 54 cities up, things started to heat. FE's answer was no...I will leave you all to guess what later came or if you are interested, check out Cyaphas's anecdote of events in "Top 12 Players"

Final Exam
After controlling the western rim. FE gave themselves a challenge of declaring a fight with PMG. This was a shock to the system. After a a first few days of fighting, it became more of a slower take over rather than a war. FE seemed to stroll along in O56 with a city battle every now and again. After their little incident with the DJ trio, they seemed to focus efforts in staying on the winning side of their new war.

Silver
This alliance has grown relatively well. Creating a core for themselves, they manages to push up into the O34 territory and into O44. They seem to be holding out well but their fight with the big bad players in PMG and PC isn't doing them any good, they are losing their momentum in O45. Their recent defeat at their potential WW site may have hindered moral but i don't see any sign of quitting. I assume they will fight back at the best of their ability.

"You are goooolllld and silver-ah-ha-haa"

Private Mail/Premium Gold
This old name brings fear to the world. They defiantly still have their mojo, but do they still have their home? After their core was infiltrated by the DJ trio and FE, things changed. Alliances seem to be taking advantage of this dark time to kick them while they are down! Many would think that the coalition must be singing "we have this place surrounded".

The No.1 double is having a pure fight on it's hands. No ally, no friends, just red flags.

Srbija
This alliance has fallen apart. Once a strong force in the north is now being finished off with one last push by the DJ trio. They fought well and hard and deserve a place in my top 12. Best defending alliance and one of the best fighting. They will be remembered as strong but you know the saying - "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog" They defiantly had the size but did they have the might? Since many joined the enemy, i can only say they where the smaller dog in the fight!

But in losing and losing over and over, is pride the overwhelming emotion? Is it what drives us?

Samurai
Ok! This alliance is made up of 12 players located in 45. I have personally been fighting them and i have to say, they bring a smile to my face! Ive lost cities to them, they have lost cities to us! It's a fun war that i enjoy immensely. When i saw one of my cities under siege the other day, i just rendered back to what Udhata wrote in reply to Cyaphas in " Top 12 Player" -> 'If you see your city under siege, take a sip of you coffee and accept it' -> I did exactly that and started planning my next move with the slot i would free!

These guys are organised and not to be messed with and their hearts are in the right place!

The Nameless Company
This company for me is strong a versatile. They can show that they are organised but don't seem to deliver a special spark! I have only faced one alliance in the company that has show its curiosity in BP gain! One told me that they where moving to the core as " That was where all the BP was".

The nameless have yet to show me their pure talent and aggressiveness...After posting this, who know - i might get more CS attempts :S ;)

DeletedUser

Cheers for a well put together little piece!

But does the plot thicken?!

DeletedUser32250

Plot thicken? :) sorry what do you mean? i may be having a blonde moment but meh

DeletedUser

Cheers for a well put together little piece!

But does the plot thicken?!

Thats the thing with plots and schemes...they always complicate things.

As far as Silvers "WW site", morale was not effected in the least. I'm sure PC was hoping and praying we would go into panic mode and send everything at those couple inactive cities that were taken. tbh I don't see the effort being worth it at this point.

Curious to see what will come of Serbs / PC "merge" (if you can call it that). Good post Hyper.

DeletedUser

Thats the thing with plots and schemes...they always complicate things.

I like to think of them as making thing's exciting.

The plot thickening, btw Hyper, would be the break out from Arrogant Kings into obdurant, and the consequential rank drop by AK.
Exciting stuff!

DeletedUser32250

Oh yes - exiting times indeed...Lot's of war and battles all happening in the middle of the world.

Obdurant ruining your ocean blue with the colour red in 65 - Sort em out cy :p

DeletedUser

O65 is not something we would ever claim as ours. We are working at changing that fact though ;).

Now, if we can just deal with this defection trend, I will be much happier, haha.

DeletedUser24285

You might say there are battles in the east and center but the west looks completely settled and already getting ready to simm into WW mode. Dependent upon achieving the required personnel changes, I can only see the winner coming from the west at the moment - perhaps bringing in some Frankincense and Myrrh from the East - especially as Matt, Oakwood and Urman are "watching their flocks by night"

Perhaps "Sweet baby J" belongs to the West now!

DeletedUser31056

new world now is there a update going in to WW