Top 12 Top 12 Alliances

DeletedUser

Anyone want to do an update? LoK and Arrogance are going to town on Lyle in 65.

DeletedUser40747

Anyone want to do an update? LoK and Arrogance are going to town on Lyle in 65.
OMG are you saying about the player IN PGM??? :eek: oohhf this is serious :eek:

Guys this is not ur alliance forums to publish ur cs tt ??? i am wondering you are using external forums for making Ops against NO 1 simmers ??? OMG Kill me :supermad:

where am i??:p

DeletedUser

Well the world has officially reached the ~7 month mark, time for a new posting I suppose. Many will note my continued refusal to say who will survive or not. I don't care to point someone to the grave or the sky. I'm much more interested in an assessment of the status quo and a commentary on the next logical question. Just to clarify.

1/2. PG/PM (Because I would rather continue with the discussion than fill it with 5 posts about how they are one. I'm looking at you Naji)

The front runners by a decent point spread. Though honestly, no offense but activity has plummeted. Some still man this derelict castle but it seems many are waiting for either something interesting to happen or WW to kick up so the truest sim contest can begin. They are still happy to take bites out of people here and there but nothing like what the powerhouse has done in the past- and nothing like what they should be capable of. The newly opened spots on their rosters makes one curious if/who they will be headhunting next.

A few recent spats of ill-luck and overwhelming have shown that his big behemoth has it's vulnerabilities if planned correctly. But without action soon, PGM will finish the world their way.

3. Dark Judgement

With the recent accomplishments against Srbija these guys have jumped into the number three rank and have every potential for massive growth. The clock ticks hard against them as they rush to take over as much space as they can. The world however sits and waits for them to bring the "gavel" (you love the pun don't roll your eyes) down in judgement of PGM.

All signs lead to a big conflict in the north but as I said- tick tock, tick tock players.

4. Dragons of Maasai

These guys confound me. They have a cream of the crop group who has been lighting up O56. A few members even in their higher ups have turned into what I am guessing are sleeping giants so as often the question has been asked- who do they go against next? O46 presents the primary remains of Unnatural Selection and with the mix of Nameless Faction the fight looks to be a solid one. They also fall under the rule of the clock. How much ground can they gain in the coming months to close the gap with the top runners?

Time to kick your sleeping giants into action or face a sad ending to a solid group.

5. Srbija

A group that, by some was expected to be the possible game changer with PGM, has fallen on hard times. The departure of major players was not only witness by many, but cost them dearly. Activity has dumped Srbija into a simming and defense alliance. The remains are doing what they can to keep out enemies and internal takes are becoming the norm. Without a lot of luck and some bad luck for their enemies this titan will have fallen.

If it's always darkest before day, their shining light is that they will do all they can do not go down without a fight. This kind of core strength might lead to a miracle, but it had better come soon and had better be good.

6. Army of One

Some are saying this group is in league with Dark Judgement and Wargasm- I would look over their conquest history and ask really? Lot's of city conquests between the groups suggest otherwise. (Not here to debate it, just an observation) The recent acquisition of players from surrounding alliances have really helped to bolster the rank and file of these guys but how much this means to the end game is still yet to be seen. The north is the playground of Lindos where all the action really happens and where all the expectations seem to be falling. Time will continue to be the must disfavored opponent of everyone though.

The next few months will really define if Army of One is capable of the big stage, or just a kid getting bullied on the playground.

7. Legion of Kings

Think what you will of these guys because of the move by Mitsel, but I for one have to admire their resolve. Land locked by tyrant ranking alliances, backed into a corner and still these guys find a way to withstand. The recent humiliation of Lyle proves that these guys are looking for a fight, and while PGM has started to counter for it, I anticipate things to only escalate from here. Fatigue, sadly, is showing in some of their core, with any luck this will be rectified quickly so they can continue to champion their cause at full strength.

If the north is the playground, LoK's little corner is looking to be the flagpole after school.

8. WarGasm

Another big player on the northern map, these guys are playing clean up better than the rest it seems. Picking up the shattered wake of small alliances and growing. To their infinite credit, these guys get to boast about some of the best activity numbers right now and that could mean a big difference in the coming months. Smashed among the northern playground and weaving their cities, they could be a big game changer if they play it right.

Without some key changes, they could wield the knife to make or break this world for someone else, but not themselves.

9. Commandos

Activity is king on the playground and these guys don't have it. Lot's of success in picking off Srbija which makes them the most prominent force to be doing so, but a recent slash of lost cities to other alliances mean the big players need to pick up a lot of slack for covering their members. (Admittedly many of these losses are far outside the effective core) The startling lack of losses to PGM could mean something to the end game but their chances of a place at the victory podium are looking more and more dire.

The time for action is now. Turn the playground into a frenzy by clearing more of O54 than anyone and you could help change the north.

10. The Black Company

Inactivity is the butcher of this alliance. They, admittedly, are losing very few cities which is all well and good, but attack and defense numbers reveal the truth. Growth has been rather stagnant and the majority of recent claims are in-trading with other battalions, requiring a person of interest to go back to September 8th to find their best, consistent growth. Their top ranked player holding only 34 cities but a score over 440k suggest simming has truly taken root.

Shake the lead out and get to more than defense or The Black Company will end the world as the latest victims of the black death.

11. Unnatural Selection

Give a hand to the stragglers, these guys have gotten no reprieve. Simming and defense are the surviving traits for all but a few members. Overwhelming odds and the constantly encroaching DoM means that 56 is all but lost. The build up of forces in O46 suggests a sleeping power but with 7 months, holding onto O46 looks to be a delaying truth and not a saving grace.

If Unnaturals doesn't find a miracle, the threat of this group falling off the top 12 is entirely possible.

12. TBC Third Battalion

The top 12 alliance with the worst current activity rates. Once again you have to venture back into their records to find a decent set of non-internal takeovers. The top players are strong players but with the amount of non-simmers with them, their ability to be a fighting threat is severely limited. Numbers suggest that if they can land on a city they should have the defense to hold it, so strong target selection could mean better action then they currently see, but the numbers just don't suggest a game changer yet.

Sorting out their activity could lead to showcasing their growth potential, but without some serious assistance it could easily go without reward.

oskarghost96

Phrourach
Well the world has officially reached the ~7 month mark, time for a new posting I suppose. Many will note my continued refusal to say who will survive or not. I don't care to point someone to the grave or the sky. I'm much more interested in an assessment of the status quo and a commentary on the next logical question. Just to clarify.

1/2. PG/PM (Because I would rather continue with the discussion than fill it with 5 posts about how they are one. I'm looking at you Naji)

The front runners by a decent point spread. Though honestly, no offense but activity has plummeted. Some still man this derelict castle but it seems many are waiting for either something interesting to happen or WW to kick up so the truest sim contest can begin. They are still happy to take bites out of people here and there but nothing like what the powerhouse has done in the past- and nothing like what they should be capable of. The newly opened spots on their rosters makes one curious if/who they will be headhunting next.

A few recent spats of ill-luck and overwhelming have shown that his big behemoth has it's vulnerabilities if planned correctly. But without action soon, PGM will finish the world their way.

3. Dark Judgement

With the recent accomplishments against Srbija these guys have jumped into the number three rank and have every potential for massive growth. The clock ticks hard against them as they rush to take over as much space as they can. The world however sits and waits for them to bring the "gavel" (you love the pun don't roll your eyes) down in judgement of PGM.

All signs lead to a big conflict in the north but as I said- tick tock, tick tock players.

4. Dragons of Maasai

These guys confound me. They have a cream of the crop group who has been lighting up O56. A few members even in their higher ups have turned into what I am guessing are sleeping giants so as often the question has been asked- who do they go against next? O46 presents the primary remains of Unnatural Selection and with the mix of Nameless Faction the fight looks to be a solid one. They also fall under the rule of the clock. How much ground can they gain in the coming months to close the gap with the top runners?

Time to kick your sleeping giants into action or face a sad ending to a solid group.

5. Srbija

A group that, by some was expected to be the possible game changer with PGM, has fallen on hard times. The departure of major players was not only witness by many, but cost them dearly. Activity has dumped Srbija into a simming and defense alliance. The remains are doing what they can to keep out enemies and internal takes are becoming the norm. Without a lot of luck and some bad luck for their enemies this titan will have fallen.

If it's always darkest before day, their shining light is that they will do all they can do not go down without a fight. This kind of core strength might lead to a miracle, but it had better come soon and had better be good.

6. Army of One

Some are saying this group is in league with Dark Judgement and Wargasm- I would look over their conquest history and ask really? Lot's of city conquests between the groups suggest otherwise. (Not here to debate it, just an observation) The recent acquisition of players from surrounding alliances have really helped to bolster the rank and file of these guys but how much this means to the end game is still yet to be seen. The north is the playground of Lindos where all the action really happens and where all the expectations seem to be falling. Time will continue to be the must disfavored opponent of everyone though.

The next few months will really define if Army of One is capable of the big stage, or just a kid getting bullied on the playground.

7. Legion of Kings

Think what you will of these guys because of the move by Mitsel, but I for one have to admire their resolve. Land locked by tyrant ranking alliances, backed into a corner and still these guys find a way to withstand. The recent humiliation of Lyle proves that these guys are looking for a fight, and while PGM has started to counter for it, I anticipate things to only escalate from here. Fatigue, sadly, is showing in some of their core, with any luck this will be rectified quickly so they can continue to champion their cause at full strength.

If the north is the playground, LoK's little corner is looking to be the flagpole after school.

8. WarGasm

Another big player on the northern map, these guys are playing clean up better than the rest it seems. Picking up the shattered wake of small alliances and growing. To their infinite credit, these guys get to boast about some of the best activity numbers right now and that could mean a big difference in the coming months. Smashed among the northern playground and weaving their cities, they could be a big game changer if they play it right.

Without some key changes, they could wield the knife to make or break this world for someone else, but not themselves.

9. Commandos

Activity is king on the playground and these guys don't have it. Lot's of success in picking off Srbija which makes them the most prominent force to be doing so, but a recent slash of lost cities to other alliances mean the big players need to pick up a lot of slack for covering their members. (Admittedly many of these losses are far outside the effective core) The startling lack of losses to PGM could mean something to the end game but their chances of a place at the victory podium are looking more and more dire.

The time for action is now. Turn the playground into a frenzy by clearing more of O54 than anyone and you could help change the north.

10. The Black Company

Inactivity is the butcher of this alliance. They, admittedly, are losing very few cities which is all well and good, but attack and defense numbers reveal the truth. Growth has been rather stagnant and the majority of recent claims are in-trading with other battalions, requiring a person of interest to go back to September 8th to find their best, consistent growth. Their top ranked player holding only 34 cities but a score over 440k suggest simming has truly taken root.

Shake the lead out and get to more than defense or The Black Company will end the world as the latest victims of the black death.

11. Unnatural Selection

Give a hand to the stragglers, these guys have gotten no reprieve. Simming and defense are the surviving traits for all but a few members. Overwhelming odds and the constantly encroaching DoM means that 56 is all but lost. The build up of forces in O46 suggests a sleeping power but with 7 months, holding onto O46 looks to be a delaying truth and not a saving grace.

If Unnaturals doesn't find a miracle, the threat of this group falling off the top 12 is entirely possible.

12. TBC Third Battalion

The top 12 alliance with the worst current activity rates. Once again you have to venture back into their records to find a decent set of non-internal takeovers. The top players are strong players but with the amount of non-simmers with them, their ability to be a fighting threat is severely limited. Numbers suggest that if they can land on a city they should have the defense to hold it, so strong target selection could mean better action then they currently see, but the numbers just don't suggest a game changer yet.

Sorting out their activity could lead to showcasing their growth potential, but without some serious assistance it could easily go without reward.

Couldn't have said it better.

DeletedUser

3. Dark Judgement

4. Dragons of Maasai

5. Srbija

6. Army of One

7. Legion of Kings

8. WarGasm

9. Commandos

10. The Black Company

11. Unnatural Selection

12. TBC Third Battalion

Good overall picture of the top 12. Will be interesting to see if PG/PM can hold on for the marathon that is Grepolis.

DeletedUser31056

Good overall picture of the top 12. Will be interesting to see if PG/PM can hold on for the marathon that is Grepolis.

agree nice overall view
lambch0p43y4t0jvod.png
http://grepointel.com/ - When you really want to get hardcore about Grepolis...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser32250

3. Dark Judgement

4. Dragons of Maasai

5. Srbija

6. Army of One

7. Legion of Kings

8. WarGasm

9. Commandos

10. The Black Company

11. Unnatural Selection

12. TBC Third Battalion

Nice update - +rep for you sir

DeletedUser24285

It is really good to see someone making the effort and providing such a robust analysis - So many thanks for an excellent post.

But PMG and & months left - now with my math 80 into 40 don't go! Will be really interesting to see how they try and do it. (The big con that won Ithaka - that you can split and both win, won't work twice - unless the PMG mob are really gullible!).

DeletedUser

While it's true only one alliance can be in first place at the world's end, my understanding is there is technically a way to share the achievement and then end the world as 1st and 2nd.

So goes my understanding however whether it's true or not I'm afraid I can't say for sure.

DeletedUser27700

While it's true only one alliance can be in first place at the world's end, my understanding is there is technically a way to share the achievement and then end the world as 1st and 2nd.

So goes my understanding however whether it's true or not I'm afraid I can't say for sure.

Not the achievement, but the crown. Only one alliance can be in the HoF at the end.

DeletedUser

Not the achievement, but the crown. Only one alliance can be in the HoF at the end.

There you go. Thank you for the clarification!

At this point, I have to say it's a bad bet to assume that PGM will implode. I simply can't imagine the circumstance for it. I'm rare to say never, but this comes close.

DeletedUser

As is often the case with implosions, nobody sees them coming. That being said, relying on a red alliance' breakup is never a smart move :p

DeletedUser15705

It is really good to see someone making the effort and providing such a robust analysis - So many thanks for an excellent post.

But PMG and & months left - now with my math 80 into 40 don't go! Will be really interesting to see how they try and do it. (The big con that won Ithaka - that you can split and both win, won't work twice - unless the PMG mob are really gullible!).

who knows, sometimes history repeat itself, i don't know whats with WW most people going gaga over it, i have no idea about it since the lastime i played there was no WW. :)

DeletedUser32748

Yes please some one need to update the top 12 Major changes in top 5( DJ number one / PG-Under construction number Two/FE number three) WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW one week after start of war and the map and standing change

DeletedUser24139

Has nothing to do with the current war, just look at the faction who left the top alliances and you will see the entire O44 crew. Looks like a decision to win the WW's to me. Not to mention the entire war just made the map a whole lot more interesting; besides PGM has been warring everyone on the map, what was one additional alliance? What I am interested to see are the decisions that will come out of this in terms of pacts/naps? Is everyone going to watch the new alliance take control and win the server now? Awfully hard to move into 44 against them. I would venture to say old enemies will become new friends and vice versa.