Top 12 Alliances

DeletedUser46391

You know Richard, there is nothing to write mummy about your alliance playing style. 5-10 players revolting small player at the same time because they afraid to go one on one isn't something to be proud of. I can maybe overlook (not really) having academies in 100 cap world or being pact with top alliances, but these "new tricks" is ridiculous. This is just a shitty way of playing. Enjoy your "winnings" and brag more about your alliance "awesomeness", maybe someone will believe it
smiley_emoticons_thumbs-up_new.gif

I'm going to brake this message down and reply to each of your points of contention.

You know Richard, there is nothing to write mummy about your alliance playing style.

Thank you.
Unlike most mummy's we do not count to three.

5-10 players revolting small player at the same time because they afraid to go one on one isn't something to be proud of.

Welcome to revolt. Please feel free to complain and vent about how adjusting is difficult and how the different nuances in playstyle are everyone elses fault but your own. If you like I can point you out to a few guides on revolt in these forums(they arereally good) and although I'm pretty much a simmer myself. I am happy to anwser any questions you have in game about the differences. In fact I'd be happy to swap info/tips as I'm beyond terrible at CC and could do with the same from a CC vet like yourself.

I can maybe overlook (not really) having academies in 100 cap world or being pact with top alliances, but these "new tricks" is ridiculous.

This entire resource management game is about tricks old and new, (I have no idea which one you are on about here. So will pm you in game as if someone from TM has done something out of order/not cool they will be spoken to because that is not what we are about at all).

Enjoy your "winnings" and brag more about your alliance "awesomeness", maybe someone will believe it

This is a pretty long world to be saying we deserve the win already. So much can happen overnight and I think pre-declaring anyone one alliance as "winning" is disrespectfull to every other alliance/player playing this game and find your attitude incerdibly defeatest with regards to your own alliance and players. In aid of that I'd like to ask/pose you a few questions I'd advise you think on (or not ofc).

Why are you here to loose?
Are your players ok with that ethos?
Do you think it is fair on them?
If the shoe was on the other foot (I:e we were an alliance that started off gold trading then tried to give it a go in the core a month behind everyone else and didn't do any research into what had happend in the month we were simming in lato) would you be saying all we are doing is whinning and dismiss us for it?

Looking at your previous quotes I do wonder.

Don't think I said that, or did I?

I just presented the right information, coz seems a lot people likes to comment without checking the facts first.

Although I do not ever remember bragging (bit unclassy imo).

I do thank you for calling us awesome.

Sometimes I think people forget the time, effort and passion a lot of players put into this game to build something as a community and they should all be proud of themselves.

This goes for everyone.

The SNIPERS are a tremendous example of this. Although they are getting hammered they were and are honourable and decent about it and I have nothing but respect for them as they carry on fighting, as I have mentioned in posts before.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54052

Have to say that the concept of revolt being a 1v1 game is completely new (and bizarre) to me. Sounds incredibly boring, glad it's not really like that.

DeletedUser51499

For now I would say you don't deserve to win (in my humble opinion)
smiley_emoticons_blush-reloaded6.gif
But until I didn't met few other top alliances in the war field and don't know how they play - can't state for sure - someone might surprise me still

Now about your questions:
Why are you here to loose?
Who said we are here to loose? We are here to play the game and have fun. We have no intentions on building WW or becoming top dog in the world. If you count this as loosing - so be it.
Are your players ok with that ethos?
As much as I know they are fine, didn't get any complains. We have a lot of first time players who wants to learn how to play, so we give them opportunity to do just that. Unfortunately alliances like yours discourage them pretty soon and many quits without finding out way so many of us are addicted to Grepo.
Do you think it is fair on them?
What your suggestions? Will you take them? I definitely not opposed for players leaving and joining other alliances if they don't feel good where they are now.

Conclusion
If you think writing in bold will somehow show your point of view better - continue. But my eyes are too sensitive for this kind of bulls**t, so sorry if I skip your next "bold" posts
smiley_emoticons_ins-auge-stechen.gif

DeletedUser46391

If you think writing in bold will somehow show your point of view better - continue. But my eyes are too sensitive for this kind of bulls**t, so sorry if I skip your next "bold" posts

You aren't far off the mark. When I reply to quotes I put it in bold to create a distinction between the quote and my post so it is easier on everyone's eyes when reading it as a point of consideration towards people with visual stress etc as we have some older players in Grepolis (which is one thing I love about this game) and it makes life easier for them.

When It comes to my point's, I'd have thought the text would have spoken for itself.

DeletedUser46478

having read the above posts to much delight and amusement I will try to keep my text all in lower case and standard print.
zibute, you might well question our tactics and if you are not a revolt player by heart, there is a difference between tactics used on revolt and cq servers. as i am in no doubt you are an experienced player you surely appreciate the fact that a red target is a red target and when a cluster of reds appear in a core area does one eliminate them or does one let them grow. the nature of a core area on any type of server is to 'own' your core, every island, every city. how that is achieved is by taking cities. when i join any server the first thing i do is look around my immediate area, see who is around me, who do i know and which alliance is best for me, not just my position, but also the position of the alliances i am considering. now if you are interested in the beginners in your alliance and you want to encourage them and teach them, surely the best thing to teach them is tactics, of when to fight and when to maybe move location if the odds are stacked against them. it was fairly obvious that itm was closing in, and indeed you were given a very good offer which was declined.so what did you expect was going to happen? your comment about 5-10 players is a little bit like saying in real war, well that's not fair the enemy are using tanks and artillery and aerial bombing against our infantry....well we are not playing cricket, this is a war game. i was briefly on en.93 before giving my city to a friend and as players came out of vm on surrounding islands towards the rim the whole island was cq'd within a day, that is the entire island, so i did not really get some of your points, are you suggesting that we should be nice to red flags and encourage them, surely that is the job of their leaders.

DeletedUser54052

The bit that really puzzles me, zibute, is the suggestion that 5-10 players against one is somehow not fair. Are you not defending them? If you are, then surely it's 5-10 players against your whole alliance, which is certainly fair? And if not, what precisely is the point of your alliance?

Whoops, now it's 3 against one in the externals, perhaps that's not fair. ;)

DeletedUser54175

I mean... I'd defend him except that I completely agree with ITM here. I changed the name of Havoc if anyone noticed lol

DeletedUser54038

can we please return this thread to a Top 12 thread and not a banter and ranter thread, please and thank you!

DeletedUser54052

can we please return this thread to a Top 12 thread and not a banter and ranter thread, please and thank you!

Surely if that's what you want, best way is to have go yourself? Your perspective would be interesting.

DeletedUser54067

Yeah, I can't be the only one having a go come on War Born! I will do a top 12 if you and Odysseus do one.

DeletedUser46310

5-10 players revolting small player at the same time because they afraid to go one on one isn't something to be proud of.

I'm sorry but this is just ridiculous.. Why on earth is that type of strategy bad? I aint talking about whether that's dishonest, lame or whatever..No, I'm literally talking from a tactic's perspective. Simple scenario, a guy revolts you, he has 5 cities.. One of the things you will prolly do is to sit down and check up on his CS travel times, determine if he has some close by CS or not and if eventually he has maybe even try to catch it in harbor. Conclusion: you know who will try to conquer you and you might even guess from where the CS will come .
Now imagine 10 guys revolt you, with also 5 cities each. That's potentially 50 possibilities from where the CS can be sent. You can do as above but let's face it, shuffling through 50 different TT's, establishing which are first picks for CS, guessing who's real and who's a decoy..It will take substantial amount of time for you. Conclusion: You have no idea who will try to conquer you and you can give a wildest-possible-multiple-guess from where the CS might come.

Now, be fair.. Tell me, wouldn't you do the same?

Enemy is an enemy. Your goal in this game is to defeat him and until he upgrades his agora to level 2 you wont leave him alone.

DeletedUser54067

I'm sorry but this is just ridiculous.. Why on earth is that type of strategy bad? I aint talking about whether that's dishonest, lame or whatever..No, I'm literally talking from a tactic's perspective. Simple scenario, a guy revolts you, he has 5 cities.. One of the things you will prolly do is to sit down and check up on his CS travel times, determine if he has some close by CS or not and if eventually he has maybe even try to catch it in harbor. Conclusion: you know who will try to conquer you and you might even guess from where the CS will come .
Now imagine 10 guys revolt you, with also 5 cities each. That's potentially 50 possibilities from where the CS can be sent. You can do as above but let's face it, shuffling through 50 different TT's, establishing which are first picks for CS, guessing who's real and who's a decoy..It will take substantial amount of time for you. Conclusion: You have no idea who will try to conquer you and you can give a wildest-possible-multiple-guess from where the CS might come.

Now, be fair.. Tell me, wouldn't you do the same?

Enemy is an enemy. Your goal in this game is to defeat him and until he upgrades his agora to level 2 you wont leave him alone.
Level Two Agora!!!!!!!!
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
HACKS!!!!

DeletedUser54207

Decided to do a top 12 hope you guys like:

1. I'm telling Mummy: SWIM. Solid group of players. Currently 2nd in ABP and have highest average points. They have 45 locked down tight and are spread across the other core oceans as well. My guess is that they will one day declare war on mayhem for control of the core regions.
2. Mayhem: SWIM. Another solid group. They are spread out but due to the numbers between them and their academy the are making it work. Currently at war with The Exiles and appear to have dominating control of the war. Gonna be interesting to see their interactions with I'm telling mummy, as both alliances likely see the other as a threat.
3. The Exiles: SINK. They are currently fighting a losing battle against mayhem. The alliance has some good members in it but are overpowered by Mayhem and Mayhem Incarnate.
4. Danish Vikings: Float. I honestly don't know a whole lot about this group. They share an ocean with The Exiles and will likely be targets for mayhem if they ever get done with The exiles. They have honestly surprised me though, in surviving this long in the same ocean as the alliance with the top ABP.
5. Infernal Abyss: Swim. They are on the rim so should have no problem for the foreseeable future.
6. Mayhem Incarnate. Swim. See #2.
7. Still Telling Mummy. Swim. See #1.
8. Heroes. Swim. My old alliance so probably a little biased.
9. Elysium. SINK. Yes they are on the rim but not far from 55, In time one of the top alliances will likely turn their attention towards them.
10. Viridians. SINK. Another rim alliance that isn't to far from the bigger alliances. I think they have a chance if they go further into the rim but honestly expect them to sink
11. Enigma.
Float. They will likely be the victium of a larger alliance who is yearning for the war. They should dig heavily into 65 and they should be fine
12. new Order. SINK. With mayhem making a strong push into 53 I look for this alliance to sink soon.

Other alliances to look out for:
23. Holy Roman Empire: looks like a decent group.
28. No Stress: Rim alliance(of course i'm biased here.)

DeletedUser54101

I don't think we need to look out for holy Roman empire especially after this weekend ;-)

DeletedUser54052

Time for another one:

1. I'm telling Mummy - swim. Of course I'm biased, but doing ok at the moment.
2. Mayhem - swim. Seem to have survived a little wobble, and ahead against The Exiles.
3. The Exiles - swim. Have also had a little wobble, but are generally holding their own in the skirmish with Mayhem - scores are fairly low, not currently an existental struggle.
4. Infernal Abyss - swim. The main beneficiaries of the wobbles of 2 and 3, looking solid.
5. Mayhem Incarnate - Mayhem's academy. I preferred the old name, to be honest, but that's no big deal.
6. Still telling Mummy - ITM's academy.
7. Heroes - swim. Pretty well placed for now, they should last until the later stages of the server at least.
8. Elysium - swim. Quite impressed with the leadership here, have managed to avoid major conflict and are growing quite nicely.
9. Danish Vikings - The Exiles' academy.
10. Viridians - swim. Very similar story to Elysium - good leader managing to steer a safe course for his alliance.
11. Enigma - float. The presence of King Soos is likely to be their downfall at some stage, but for now they're looking fine.
12. New Order - sink. Struggling, inactivity amongst leadership, too spread out and likely to be the food of several other alliances, they've not really got much going for them.

DeletedUser54305

1. I'm telling Mummy - swim, have the top attackers of the world, experanced players will want to be here.
2. Mayhem - sink - have a war going on looks like there doing well but not breaking The Exiles
3. The Exiles - swim - ABP beating mayhem and in DBP beating mayhem but mayhems points higher ? overall BP Champions and 3rd in the world, they hold the most slots in the world.
4. Infernal Abyss - swim - nice core looking group on the rim attack heavy alliance (think they will team up with the exiles)
5. Mayhem Incarnate - sink - alliances on the east will join up and hit them,
6. Still telling Mummy - sink - mammy will get what she needs from this alliance, but BP is not good enough
7. Heroes - swim - will get Enigma players (merge) maybe new name
8. Elysium - swim. if not fly, i know some players here
smiley_emoticons_freddus_pacman.gif

9. Danish Vikings - sink -
good BP from this guys top players will move to The Exiles
10. Viridians - swim. will move toward O36 sim oceans so good location for this group
11. Enigma - not sure wild card.
12. New Order - sink

The world is young anything can happen,
smiley_emoticons_steckenpferd.gif

DeletedUser54192

Who would people say are the ones to watch outside of the Top 12?