Top 12 Alliances

DeletedUser54067

Who would people say are the ones to watch outside of the Top 12?
No Stress
Grecians 36
REPO
Empire
Drunk to Death
Other alliances may momentarily jump into the top 12 but these ones if they play their cards right will last a while in the top 12. Of course their could be surprises but most of the other oceans already have a top 12 alliance controlling them and most top 12 alliances outside of new Order and Enigma have no real challenge to their ocean. I can also see some outer rim alliances growing like alliances in the 20's, 70' 02's and 07's. But this is really early top predict when very few alliances have even crossed the two million point mark which IMO is a pretty important place to reach.

DeletedUser54192

The top 12 is always interesting, but I feel like the 'ones to watch' are just as important - they attract a bit less attention, but that doesn't make them any less dangerous.

DeletedUser54052

Who would people say are the ones to watch outside of the Top 12?

Honestly? Almost all the alliances outside the top 12 consist of pretty much all single city players. Heavenly Kingdom are pacted with The Norsemen, who have been soundly hammered by ITM, Mayhem and Elysium, and also New Order, everyone's favourite to sink. No Stress appear better players than many, but there aren't that many of them. The rest are simply too small to have an opinion about at this stage - of course some may do well over the next year or so, but it's hard to predict who at this point.

DeletedUser54192

Honestly? Almost all the alliances outside the top 12 consist of pretty much all single city players. Heavenly Kingdom are pacted with The Norsemen, who have been soundly hammered by ITM, Mayhem and Elysium, and also New Order, everyone's favourite to sink. No Stress appear better players than many, but there aren't that many of them. The rest are simply too small to have an opinion about at this stage - of course some may do well over the next year or so, but it's hard to predict who at this point.
Okay, I see your point. Maybe they aren't that important for those players who are in a Top 12 alliance, but for those of us outside of the Top 12, we do need to watch that sort of alliance. From what I can see, the Top 12 fight in one league, and most others fight in a different league. And those 'ones to watch' are a very real threat for those of us in the lower league. I may be wrong, and would be happy to admit that I am, but that is just how it seems to me.

DeletedUser54052

Kai, I'm certainly not saying they're not important, clearly they are to those involved in the struggles at the very least. All I'm saying is that it's not obvious which ones of them are likely to become top 12 in the near future - because this is a top 12 thread.

I'm sure in a year's time at least 2 or 3 of them will be in the top 12, and probably some alliances not yet started. Maybe a new thread would be appropriate so that it can stick to the topic of "ones to watch"?

DeletedUser54192

Okay, thanks for the explanation. I only started again recently, and when I played it was for 6-8 months back in 2013/2014, and I wasn't the sort of person who watched the external forums. That's sort of why I am a little out of touch with the overall dynamics of power right now.

DeletedUser54316

Glad to hear I didn't lose my touch after 4 years of not leading an Alliance :cool:
Still world is young though, can't have my head in the clouds yet :oops:

DeletedUser54067

1. I'm telling Mummy - SWIM,
Highest ABP, average and number one position. They now control one and a half core oceans. 45/55
2. Mayhem - SWIM
Even with losing their grip on part of 55 they still solidly control 54 and may very well take a hold of 43 and 53 after toppling FP.
3. The Exiles - SWIM
Merging with the 4th place alliance has put them back in the running and I expect them to go second place once the merge is over. Control 44.
4. Infernal Abyss -my alliance
5. Mayhem Incarnate- SINK
An academy.
6. Still telling Mummy - SINK
An academy.
7. HEROES- SWIM
Solid alliance out in 64 they can move south or north and will gain good players either way. Need higher ABP though.
8. Elysium - SWIM
They are one of the strongest alliances with a high ABP, suprised by them getting beaten back by Viridians. They seem to be moving into the core excpect them to shake things up. Based in 56 and SW 55.
9. Viridians - SWIM
Will they continue to take cities from Elysium or will they follow them into a core ocean? They have already impressively pushed back an alliance larger than them so anything is possible with these guys. Based in 46.
10. Danish Vikings - SINK
Were always struggling to move up the BP rankings being walled in, finally merged into TE. Based in 44.
11. Enigma - FLOAT
Low ABP, high average this alliance is a wild card depending on how they can handle HEROES, Drunk to Death and Empire will determine whether they survive or not. If thing she go right they may find themselves in the top 5. Based in 65.
12. New Order - FLOAT
Low ABP and average and were second in their ocean to FP, with FP splintered that might give them a chance to get their stuff together before Mayhem and their acad come their way but for now they are safe. Based in 53.

DeletedUser54192

What happened to New Order to make them become a FLOAT? I know that you have said about FP splintering, but there were comments about inactive leadership and being too spread out, that I wouldn't have thought would change that quickly.

DeletedUser54052

3. The Exiles - SWIM
Merging with the 4th place alliance has put them back in the running and I expect them to go second place once the merge is over. Control 44.
4. Infernal Abyss -my alliance

I suspect you may well be regretting that BIG TIME sometime fairly soon...

DeletedUser54067

What happened to New Order to make them become a FLOAT? I know that you have said about FP splintering, but there were comments about inactive leadership and being too spread out, that I wouldn't have thought would change that quickly.
That wasn't me who was talking about Leadership. Don't know anything about their leadership.

DeletedUser54192

That wasn't me who was talking about Leadership. Don't know anything about their leadership.
Okay. I knew it wasn't you who said it, but I didn't know whether or not you agreed with it at the time, hence my question. Sorry.

DeletedUser54316

Seems like there will be some major changes in the top 5 I guess o_O with the Exiles war?

DeletedUser54175

Sorta related but man, when I switched the name of Havoc to Mayhem Incarnate I was like this is such an original awesome name. Seems not many agree though lol

DeletedUser54067

Sorta related but man, when I switched the name of Havoc to Mayhem Incarnate I was like this is such an original awesome name. Seems not many agree though lol
While I commend you on originality, Havoc worked perfectly with MayVoc term being used to refer to both alliances.

DeletedUser46391

Maymay just doesn't sound as cool.